Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Italian GP 2019 practice and qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    No! That was the most boring and stupid thing ever!
    Go back to the old old ways.
    Unlimited tires, unlimited testing. V8, V10 and V12 engines.

Qualifying - open session whomever sets the fastest lap.

Poor Seb, fastest driver of weekend ended up P4 because everyone else got tow.

Vettel:
    anyways happy with the car, the qualifying was good, the car was very, very good.

I had a really good lap, I just had no tow so that's the difference between pole and not pole today.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Poor Seb, fastest driver of weekend ended up P4 because everyone else got tow.

Vettel:
    Yeah Leclerc was ahead in all qualifying session but somehow Vettel was faster. Talk about blind fanboy logic...

He is lucky to be starting from P4, after going 4-wheel off the track at Parabolica and gaining a huge advantage.

May be with the weather and maybe rain there will be plenty of tows in the form of tow trucks.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah Leclerc was ahead in all qualifying session but somehow Vettel was faster. Talk about blind fanboy logic...

He is lucky to be starting from P4, after going 4-wheel off the track at Parabolica and gaining a huge advantage.

^yeah this.....totally agree
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FranksterGM View Post
    Go back to the old old ways.
    Unlimited tires, unlimited testing. V8, V10 and V12 engines.

Qualifying - open session whomever sets the fastest lap.

Charles does it again no doubting that young man's ability.Nice to see him being a needle in Hamilton's side.Now for the race win.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I must admit I am on tender hooks until we know what the stewards decide about the antics of Q3.
    I guess what worries me most is that Derek warwick is the driver steward this weekend and he's never been our friend. He's more likely to favour Merc and Ham.
    Fingers crossed everyone :
    I thought the same, Warwick has often been a thorn in Ferrari's side but so far no mention of Seb's white line 'infringement', and after the mess that was Q3, it wouldn't surprise me if the top 7 all got penalties for being naughty boys. But Charles is currently on pole with it all to do tomorrow, and Merc and HAM are now blaming Ferrari for orchestrating it! Keeping everything crossed for tomorrow and hope it's not too wet.

Seb should stop complaining. He's been slower that Charles most of the year, even in Germany in the wet he was no match to Charles but what paid dividends there was a rare moment of managing to keep it on track, not in the barriers.

So tomorrow: if it rains, it will be the usual lottery, even Max will have a chance of a win. If it's dry, no chance to keep Lewis behind. We had some luck in Spa(Max crash) and Seb managed to delay Lewis a bit, but with no 1-2 in front, I think our chances at a win a close to zero.

Did anyone notice that yellow and red flag appeared before Bottas could set his lap in Q3. Yet he is credited with the 3rd time of quali, which I dont understand...For like 5minutes he appeared on screen as no time set, and theb all of a sudden he was 3rd...

Quote Originally Posted by mike38mike View Post
    Did anyone notice that yellow and red flag appeared before Bottas could set his lap in Q3. Yet he is credited with the 3rd time of quali, which I dont understand...For like 5minutes he appeared on screen as no time set, and theb all of a sudden he was 3rd...
    Yeah I noticed that too, he had completed most of his lap and then red flag so I thought he jumped into pits but after few minutes, all of a sudden he improved without being on track. What probably happened was the incident which caused yellow flag was in Sector 1 or 2 or behind him in Sector 3 and driver can complete lap if he is ahead of yellow flag. He completed it and then red flag occurred but the lap time updation only took place minutes later.

Seb will most probably start anywhere from P7 to P10. This is bad because Ferrari has worked on race pace this weekend, sacrificed qualifying speed for better race setup.

Seb will most probably start anywhere from P7 to P10. This is bad because Ferrari has worked on race pace this weekend, sacrificed qualifying speed for better race setup.
    is he under investigation?

Position is determined in Q3 not in Q1 or Q2. Ever heard about tow? Tow in Monza is worth 3 tenths, Vettel without a tow was less than 2 tenths slower than Leclerc who got a perfect tow, admitted by Leclerc himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    is he under investigation?
    Called by stewards.

Position is determined in Q3 not in Q1 or Q2. Ever heard about tow? Tow in Monza is worth 3 tenths, Vettel without a tow was less than 2 tenths slower than Leclerc who got a perfect tow, admitted by Leclerc himself.
    Toe is irreverent when you can go off track, gain an advantage and still keep your time even when it's illegal.

And toe or not toe Leclerc was ahead of Vettel in Q1, Q2 and most importantly Q3, yes we know position is determined in Q3 that's why Leclerc is on pole.

And Vettel never gave Leclerc any toe so don't know why he is crying about it.

CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Good news, Vettel cleared by stewards. He will start P4.

Toe is irreverent when you can go off track, gain an advantage and still keep your time even when it's illegal.

And toe or not toe Leclerc was ahead of Vettel in Q1, Q2 and most importantly Q3, yes we know position is determined in Q3 that's why Leclerc is on pole.

And Vettel never gave Leclerc any toe so don't know why he is crying about it.
    Leclerc:
    To be completely honest the plan was that in the first run Seb was giving me the tow and in the second run I would give him the tow.
    Leclerc got tow in first run, Vettel didn't in second run.

Hulkenberg has now in fact said that tow in Monza is worth half a second!

No penalty for Seb, great news.

Let's just hope both cars get solid getaways and that we are 1-3 or so after the second chicane. Hopefully Vettel has enough pace to stay within Hammy's undercut window if he pits a bit early, which could really help during the medium stint for Leclerc's chances to win this one.

Leclerc:

Leclerc got tow in first run, Vettel didn't in second run.

Hulkenberg has now in fact said that tow in Monza is worth half a second!
    You should go and watch the first laps of Q3 again. Yes Leclerc did get toe, but not from Vettel. There was a car (I think it was Ricciardo's Renault) between Vettel and Leclerc.

Also Vettel didn't wait around for Leclerc, he just drove away and did his lap. And Leclerc finished his first Q3 lap 7-8 seconds after Vettel's.

Dirty play by Charles, very unhappy with him. Especially what Seb did to him in Spa to help him. Seb was the true pole-man today, if he had the tow, just 0,15 behind... A big shame to team, could have been 1-2, if Charles wasnt egoistic. Dont like it one bit.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 7th September 2019 at 18:57.

FIA should have deleted his laptime immediately don't know what took them so long to review it.

Having said that I have noticed a trend in your posts.. You tend to hate vettel alot and have bias in your posts. Not surprised why you never mentioned vettel wasn't the one with tow in Qualy sessions plus the tow vettel supposedly didn't give Charles? Charles got a double tow off vettel and the Renault infront of him. Why wouldn't he be annoyed? He knew he had pole in his grasp why would he pass everyone and go when the protocol was to be behind Charles. Clearly missed the footage where hulkenberg and sainz act like a road block and Vettel is waving his hands at them hoping they move so he can get passed? Once he did he slowed down for Charles I would too especially when I know I can get pole. You reflect everything that is wrong with fan boys like chinmay u stir up hate and show bias. Then post with the numbers acting like a seasoned veteran.

You should go and watch the first laps of Q3 again. Yes Leclerc did get toe, but not from Vettel. There was a car (I think it was Ricciardo's Renault) between Vettel and Leclerc.

Also Vettel didn't wait around for Leclerc, he just drove away and did his lap. And Leclerc finished his first Q3 lap 7-8 seconds after Vettel's.
    Double tow alas Kimi from last year. Once you punch a hole in the air at a track like Monza the gain is as far back as 7-8 seconds too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Dirty play by Charles, very unhappy with him. Especially what Seb did to him in Spa to help him. Seb was the true pole-man today, if he had the tow, just 0,15 behind... A big shame to team, could have been 1-2, if Charles wasnt egoistic. Dont like it one bit.
    Nothing dirty about it. Team could have let their drivers out earlier you clearly missed what a messy q3 it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Ah well Seb knows about dirty plays so I am sure he will get over it not that Charles played dirty today anyway.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    FIA should have deleted his laptime immediately don't know what took them so long to review it.

Having said that I have noticed a trend in your posts.. You tend to hate vettel alot and have bias in your posts. Not surprised why you never mentioned vettel wasn't the one with tow in Qualy sessions plus the tow vettel supposedly didn't give Charles? Charles got a double tow off vettel and the Renault infront of him. Why wouldn't he be annoyed? He knew he had pole in his grasp why would he pass everyone and go when the protocol was to be behind Charles. Clearly missed the footage where hulkenberg and sainz act like a road block and Vettel is waving his hands at them hoping they move so he can get passed? Once he did he slowed down for Charles I would too especially when I know I can get pole. You reflect everything that is wrong with fan boys like chinmay u stir up hate and show bias. Then post with the numbers acting like a seasoned veteran.
    I don't hate Vettel, nor do I like him. F1 is a sport just like any other. And as a team fan, I am always going to annoyed by those who's holding Ferrari back or not delivering results because of stupid mistakes. We all know what Vettel did last few years, when he had the car but didn't deliver, and we all know the reasons. I get it, it must be hard for Vettel fans to understand it, since all they care about is Vettel, not Ferrari.

And I am seeing Vettel fans here always undermining Leclerc's performances. Delusional fanboys with their nonsense bickering, why not just admit that the faster driver got the pole today. And you talk about double tow, Vettel was 7 seconds ahead on the track, so it is impossible for Leclerc to get any tow from Vettel.

https://youtu.be/6LCS-7gJ57s

Leclerc's pole lap. As anyone with functioning brain cells can see, Leclerc didn't get any "double tow". Hell, I'd say he got hindered in S2 because of the dirty air.