Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Singapore 2018 Build up

Singapore 2018 Build up

Grid girls will be back for Singapore
    https://www.planetf1.com/news/grid-g...for-singapore/

Toto Wolff has vowed to turn the Mercedes factories “upside down” as they seek to extract more performance out of their W09.
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...side_down8217/

Who will get the no.2 seat at ferrari next year? Leclerc or Kimi
    Reported Leclerc deal is already done, but the latest rumors is kimi hanging on another year.

Will M.A have the backbone to enforce team orders or will kimi and seb ruin each others race some more fighting each other on track.

Last year the singapore GP was the nail in the coffin for both championships, could it be the same this year or will it be a turn of fate thats very much needed.

RB/Mercs/Ferrari all have great chance of pole and win this year

hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Since Austria i don't think RB have come close to winning a race, are they really contenders here?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Since Austria i don't think RB have come close to winning a race, are they really contenders here?
    good point, I don't think they are the favorites, but i wouldnt put it past them if newey brings some new parts, last year seb just managed to jump Max for pole, and the fact that the weather could be iffy would allow them to be in the mix on sunday imo
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

I have a bad feeling that, if it's a wet race, it will be Ham's to lose unfortunately.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/09/10/...aco-singapore/

Red Bull drivers not expecting repeat of Monaco performance in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    I have a bad feeling that, if it's a wet race, it will Ham's to lose unfortunately.
    same here but some forecasts say the rain on saturday & sunday ends just as soon as quali & race starts lol, seb will have to take risks either way, whether it works or not, he cant be complacent with Kimi/Ham/Bot taking anymore points of him if there is any hope for the WDC

https://soymotor.com/noticias/raikko...-finesa-954083

Räikkönen sounds like co-owner of Sauber, according to Finnish press
    Kimi's country places him as a pilot and co-owner of Sauber next year
    The Ferrari board seeks a solution that satisfies Kimi and Leclerc
    Can't see it happening lol, maybe as a sauber driver if not retained by ferrari but would be better imo if kimi was a co-owner of sauber next year, would actually be pretty funny, would give Gio an opportunity for a seat at Sauber too

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    good point, I don't think they are the favorites, but i wouldnt put it past them if newey brings some new parts, last year seb just managed to jump Max for pole, and the fact that the weather could be iffy would allow them to be in the mix on sunday imo
    RBR's car isn't exactly shining in the wet. They will not be contenders if wet both qualy and race.

dry race = Seb wins
    wet race = Ham

that's the way I see it but who knows.

https://soymotor.com/noticias/raikko...-finesa-954083

Can't see it happening lol, maybe as a sauber driver if not retained by ferrari but would be better imo if kimi was a co-owner of sauber next year, would actually be pretty funny, would give Gio an opportunity for a seat at Sauber too
    That is Mika Salo`s thoughts.
    Kimi has said that Ferrari is his last team.

What can Sauber offer to Kimi when he can actually buy the team with their underpants

Singapore is the most extreme stop-and-go circuit on the calendar. If it's dry it should straight out of the box suit Ferrari better than Merc, even with our 10 cm longer wheelbase compared to last year. But then it might still suit Red Bull the best and Ricciardo is great on this circuit (3-2-2-2) and will win here some day. Might do it this year as RBR obviously have put a lot of development into this race weekend this year. On the other hand both Ferrari and Merc still feel stronger overall no matter what RBR can throw at them. As always on street circuits, qualifying is a little bit more important than on a normal circuit. I'm OK if it ends with only RBR infront of Ferrari and Ferrari score more than Merc in the WCC.

Ham will take a wet pole, Vettel behind. Dry race, Vettel will zoom past and Ham will be downbeat after saying the Ferrari passed him like he was not there.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
    I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by brawnydog View Post
    Ham will take a wet pole, Vettel behind. Dry race, Vettel will zoom past and Ham will be downbeat after saying the Ferrari passed him like he was not there.

Any passing in the dry between Mercedes and Ferrari will be done through the pit stop phase. The track does not allow for any ‘zooming past’.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrasher View Post
    Any passing in the dry between Mercedes and Ferrari will be done through the pit stop phase. The track does not allow for any ‘zooming past’.
    Just a joke bud. I thought this forum could use a bit of light hearted banter. No offence to anyone here, but it seems everyone has already made their race conclusions before any race as even been run. All I care is that I hope Ferrari destroys the Mercs on Sunday. I'm aware of all the technical parameters and statistics of the track and teams, so I'm not here to get into that kind of discussion, because come race day, none of that matters.

I have yet to meet anyone quite so stubborn as myself and animated by this overpowering passion that leaves me no time for thought or anything else. I have, in fact, no interest in life outside racing cars.
    Enzo Ferrari

It rains everyday in a tropical climate like Singapore. I think you're reading too much into those weather reports.

A bit on edge about our tyre selection but still optimistic. Hopeful Seb plays the long game and Kimi keeps up the good form. I would really like to get maximum points.

Yeah, this is a must win for Seb. Finishing in front of Ham is of little help. Preferably the Red Bulls get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Yeah, this is a must win for Seb. Finishing in front of Ham is of little help. Preferably the Red Bulls get in the way.
    Every race now is a must win, as SV is running out of races and lead is quite big...

Trying not to get my hopes high for this race yet it seems a golden opportunity so thats why I am afraid.
    So many disappointments this season in key moments, we really need a real turning point that gives us the momentum.
    Right now Hamilton has it and he truly believes that he is invincible and God will help him if his car is not enough for the win.
    Time to crush his dreams already, I am tired of his bloating. Once he starts doubting, mistakes will come. He took that 2nd place in Spa
    really to his heart so a crushing defeat would do wonders to trimming down his ego. I dont care if its a wet or dry or wet-dry race, my only wish is Seb to finish
    ahead of Ham.

After being a fan of the sport for almost 20 years, I am now going to my first ever grand prix, in Singapore!

Flying out tomorrow evening and have tickets for the Grandstand Bay.

Feeling really excited and hoping that Ferrari finish strong here, a must win for SV and with some luck the Red Bulls get in between us and the Mercs.

Ahhhh can't wait, I'll be attending the Quali and Race, not long to go now :)

Anyone else from here going to the race?

Quote Originally Posted by nhel1te View Post
    After being a fan of the sport for almost 20 years, I am now going to my first ever grand prix, in Singapore!

Feeling really excited and hoping that Ferrari finish strong here, a must win for SV and with some luck the Red Bulls get in between us and the Mercs.

Hope u enjoy and hopefully we get a great finish with seb winning

Not this year though but I have attended this jewel 4 times, needless to say Ferrari looks gorgeous & the best car under lights

That`s cool, hopefully you will see Ferrari 1-2.

Hope u enjoy and hopefully we get a great finish with seb winning
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Not this year though but I have attended this jewel 4 times, needless to say Ferrari looks gorgeous & the best car under lights
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    That`s cool, hopefully you will see Ferrari 1-2.

Thanks guys, can't wait :)

I'm just going to enjoy the whole race weekend regardless if results don't go in our way, it will be a nice experience!

Will share some pics and videos when I'm back!

Thanks guys, can't wait :)

I'm just going to enjoy the whole race weekend regardless if results don't go in our way, it will be a nice experience!

Will share some pics and videos when I'm back!
    ...serious Envy...
    enjoy the experience!
    look forward to the pics!
    ...especially the winning podium one for Seb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    ...serious Envy...
    enjoy the experience!
    look forward to the pics!
    ...especially the winning podium one for Seb!!!
    Fingers crossed!

Does anyone know if after the race we are allowed onto the circuit to go to the drivers podium celebration?

FerrariSteve Guest
    This race is make or break imo. Seb needs to win and ideally Kimi in front of Lewis.
    If goldenboy gets this race gifted too then it's all over for 2018 imo.

C'mon Seb, go get the win!

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ar...174799/?nrt=54

M.A comments on all the events from Monza, says he apologizes for the butler comment.... considering a team with a butler is way more efficient than a team fighting each other, its only natural he'd apologize.