Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 2019 CanadianGP: Race

It will lead to something to much at stake and now lots of people and organisations involved from top to bottom FIA got this one horribly wrong.Those idiots placed 5 sec penalty knowing it can't be protested thinking Ferrari will just cope it sweet.What a bunch of clowns we will see they are not fit for duties as fia members.

You know what's bad? That now every time I see Seb in first place I'll be afraid that he might fall under pressure. He needs a 10 sec gap in order to be comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    It will lead to something to much at stake and now lots of people and organisations involved from top to bottom FIA got this one horribly wrong.Those idiots placed 5 sec penalty knowing it can't be protested thinking Ferrari will just cope it sweet.What a bunch of clowns we will see they are not fit for duties as fia members.
    So what can we gain by appealing if the decision cannot be reversed ??

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    So what can we gain by appealing if the decision cannot be reversed ??
    The only gain is that Ferrari "tried" all their options as well as letting Seb know that they tried....that's it really.

The stewards are getting ALOT of flak for this on social media.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    You know what's bad? That now every time I see Seb in first place I'll be afraid that he might fall under pressure. He needs a 10 sec gap in order to be comfortable.
    Seb was comfortable enough. The reason for his brief off track incursion was snap oversteer, which happens when you're in the wake of a car ahead, dirty air as we call it. Seb was lapping backmarkers and he was in the dirty air...

Rather than pointing fingers at Seb people should vent their anger/frustration at F1's incompetent governing body. I wouldn't call yesterday's decision a "penalty", it was a robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    What abt Bahrain vet vs bottas ..? What abt Singapore vet vs ric ? & couple of more.
    Remember ferrari didn’t run hards on Friday. Mercs have the data on hards tyre.
    Car was twitchy in S1, also during that incident he was following other car.

Mistake is a mistake, but telling that he can’t handle the pressure is not true. He was handling it till that moment & even after that. Ham was locking up his tyres too, he was fastest on hard tyres but why he couldn’t pass ?
    Vettel was Managing everything till S1 & S2, come S3 he was pulling away.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Seb was comfortable enough. The reason for his brief off track incursion was snap oversteer, which happens when you're in the wake of a car ahead, dirty air as we call it. Seb was lapping backmarkers and he was in the dirty air...

Rather than pointing fingers at Seb people should vent their anger/frustration at F1's incompetent governing body. I wouldn't call yesterday's decision a "penalty", it was a robbery.
    Can’t say better than this

Mexico mad max vs vet vs ric. I think.
    Max did cut the chicane & gained advantage. Penalty was given. But there clearly max gained advantage.
    But here vettel was ahead, when he joined the track ham was just back of vet gear box, vettel did gain any advantage. If u see the lap time.

Rather uneventful race, as racing goes, except for the bloody farce that is the FIA stewards!
    This was just a ridiculous penalty. What did they expect him to do? fly? or disappear? Clearly a call taken by people who havent raced/watched racing or are biased.
    Makes one wonder what motivated this? Would the penalty have applied if it was Lewis, or Max or even charles? Maybe not.

I heard on tv that we cannot appeal this decision as it was made during the race and not something the stewards deemed fit to deal with after the race was over.

The only good news is the car is back!! We are possibly faster than the Merc now. Should make the rest of the season interesting.
    Silently, like a shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Stormsearcher View Post
    Rather uneventful race, as racing goes, except for the bloody farce that is the FIA stewards!
    This was just a ridiculous penalty. What did they expect him to do? fly? or disappear? Clearly a call taken by people who havent raced/watched racing or are biased.
    Makes one wonder what motivated this? Would the penalty have applied if it was Lewis, or Max or even charles? Maybe not.

I heard on tv that we cannot appeal this decision as it was made during the race and not something the stewards deemed fit to deal with after the race was over.

The only good news is the car is back!! We are possibly faster than the Merc now. Should make the rest of the season interesting.
    Vettel says Mercedes was faster in race. Hamilton was glued to the back of Vettel's car all 70 laps, straight line speed certainly helped. Binotto says France will be bad as it is like Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Vettel says Mercedes was faster in race. Hamilton was glued to the back of Vettel's car all 70 laps, straight line speed certainly helped. Binotto says France will be bad as it is like Barcelona.
    Give it a rest you have made a fool of yourself in this thread with your Merc love.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari had the fastest car all weekend, which is why Lewis couldn't win the race without external help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Ferrari had the fastest car all weekend, which is why Lewis couldn't win the race without external help.
    Unfortunately Canada is an anomaly rather than the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Unfortunately Canada is an anomaly rather than the trend.
    Mercedes have had the better car overall this season, I don't think anyone will argue against that.
    But Ferrari should have some wins by now, so unlucky in Bahrain and Canada.

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli."

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    If in race penalties cannot be reversed then why are we appealing ?
    Stewards really **** this one up. I hope somehow seb gets his win back.
    Compared to ham, for me Seb is an old time racer who hates dishing out penalties for any driver. He's been very clear about it so it's sad to see this happening to him for this type of incident. I think that's why he's even more upset.
    The reason of the appealing if it happens will show that Ferrari will want changes and will want stronger position as such in forming the future of F1. This way they can tell (at least) part of the public that this championship structure is tainted. It is just not right. It is "rigged" for Merc. As I wrote yesterday the teams did not become dumber since the Pirelli/turbo era started. None of them could build any seriously challenging car since then. It is not because they are dumber somehow. Or because Ham is the God himself. So lots of reasons to appeal.

Ross Brawn has a responsibility in this whole mess. I am sure sometime later we will understand how Merc became such a monster what they are. There is story behind it I am sure.

Nope, ferrari had engine advantage in S3. That’s what kept rivals at bay.
    Ham had the fastest car in race pace.

Seb had a 5 seconds gap after he pitted for hards, and then in 10 laps Hamilton grabed 4 seconds from Seb thats how fast that Mercedes is and still was. I think even without penalty Hamilton would passed Seb on the track.

Not over yet, cmon win the battle, show the FIA that they are destroying the sport.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...anada/4461339/

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Nope, ferrari had engine advantage in S3. That’s what kept rivals at bay.
    Ham had the fastest car in race pace.
    and yet the 5 time champ couldn't win in the fastest car, on a track where overtaking is more than possible

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    Seb had a 5 seconds gap after he pitted for hards, and then in 10 laps Hamilton grabed 4 seconds from Seb thats how fast that Mercedes is and still was. I think even without penalty Hamilton would passed Seb on the track.

Not over yet, cmon win the battle, show the FIA that they are destroying the sport.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...anada/4461339/
    so why didn't he?

AS is bloody ham fan website.
    Wt he mentioned regarding kimi & Mad max was wrong. Max gained advantage to be ahead that’s the key point.
    Here, vettel didn’t gain any advantage. He slowed down to control the car first. Also it’s wet grass, coming out of the point n controlling the car is hard thing.

The stewards and FIA have done massive damage to F1.

so why didn't he?
    S3 was saving Vettel & ferrari over Ham

S3 was saving Vettel & ferrari over Ham
    So Ferrari was faster in sector 3.
    And the other sectors?

Penalty is still a joke, but the sad truth is it all came from another Vettel mistake and has also taken away the pitwalls ability to ruin Leclerc's race.
    Forza Ferrari

Agreed, but other than that I am speechless that we have to endure such pathetic manipulation of the results and seemingly always in LH's favour. All credit to Seb for making his point after a brilliant drive, we won the race in the only acceptable way.

Everyone else seemed to manage the dirty air just fine. Seb was not the only driver to experience it.
    Forza Ferrari

AS is bloody ham fan website.
    Wt he mentioned regarding kimi & Mad max was wrong. Max gained advantage to be ahead that’s the key point.
    Here, vettel didn’t gain any advantage. He slowed down to control the car first. Also it’s wet grass, coming out of the point n controlling the car is hard thing.
    Funny how AS didn't take the Monaco incident between Ricciardo and Hamilton as an example.

Toto agrees with stewards decision. Of course he probably paid good money for it. Anyway Ferrari is taking it to court.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Toto agrees with stewards decision. Of course he probably paid good money for it. Anyway Ferrari is taking it to court.
    Probably Toto is the only team manager who agrees.
    He is doing what is the best for the brand he manages.
    However it is doing harm for the sport itself.

Please God let Merc win all the races.

It will be fun to see later to collect both championships in the next 4-5 races how Merc is trying then to let someone else to win sometimes. Just for the sake of same fake competition.