Page 1 of 22 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

Kimi Raikkonen's replacement?

So, I know we are only two races in... But I feel as if this is the last year we will see Kimi in Red, and in F1 all together, he's lost the drive and motivation now it's somewhat clear to see.

But who do you think would be the ideal replacement for him?? And will it be for 2018 onwards? Or does he have another few years in him?!

Difficult to get Verstappen. No other newbie has shown as much promise.
    If we were to build a team- I would get Alonso back! Though SV might not want that and since Ferrari philosophy is of having a number 1 and 2 driver, not likely to happen.
    That also rules out Hamilton (assuming he wants to move here cause he can sense Ferrari is getting back to being the dominant force in F1)
    DR would be a very good replacement for Kimi, but again SV might not want that.
    Bottas might be a good no.2. He is already doing that at Merc, and there might be a chance he is free next year with Fernando taking his seat at Merc.
    IMO- i think Bottas will end up replacing Kimi.
    Silently, like a shadow

Giovanazzi - I understand Sauber has no cars left.

I think Ricciardo would be a great replacement, but again like you said Stormsearcher, would SV accept that? I rate Ricciardo very highly, and feel like he's being pushed out of RB by Verstappen,

But I would also take Alonso back in a heartbeat!

I like Hamilton, he really is one of the best, but his lifestyle isn't suited for the Ferrari environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post

1. Both RB driver are under their contract & have signed extention too. So Ric & Max equation out of way.
    2. Ham will not leave or mercs will not leave ham. Bottas was signed for only a year. So ham equation out of way, bottas left out.
    3. Situation at mclaren is worse, now mclaren started to react on honda openly. states that there might be some change on engine partner & alonso is out of contract. Alonso available for discussions with any team.

Ferrari generally hires pretty much experienced driver who is proven.

Going by it either it can be Alonso, Perez, Grosjean.
    I feel grosjean would replace Kimi.
    Bottas will go back to williams again (Becuase williams too doesn''t have many cars to build for lance stroll.). I don't see him as an aggressive driver, hope ferrari feels the same.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1. Both RB driver are under their contract & have signed extention too. So Ric & Max equation out of way.
    2. Ham will not leave or mercs will not leave ham. Bottas was signed for only a year. So ham equation out of way, bottas left out.
    3. Situation at mclaren is worse, now mclaren started to react on honda openly. states that there might be some change on engine partner & alonso is out of contract. Alonso available for discussions with any team.

Ferrari generally hires pretty much experienced driver who is proven.

Going by it either it can be Alonso, Perez, Grosjean.
    I feel grosjean would replace Kimi.
    Bottas will go back to williams again (Becuase williams too doesn''t have many cars to build for lance stroll.). I don't see him as an aggressive driver, hope ferrari feels the same.
    good analysis....one thing wIth this though; I say MB keep Bottas IF he performs (Shanghai was a hic-cup). I say Perez and as a last last resort ....sigh....Alonso....don't think Gro.

so that leaves an empty space somewhere in the mix....who do they bring in from GP2 / GP3?

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    good analysis....one thing wIth this though; I say MB keep Bottas IF he performs (Shanghai was a hic-cup). I say Perez and as a last last resort ....sigh....Alonso....don't think Gro.

so that leaves an empty space somewhere in the mix....who do they bring in from GP2 / GP3?
    If they leave bottas, who found they replace him with??? Any young driver pascal or any? They will not take Alonso when ham is at the other end. If we don't take perez, then mercs might have a chance of picking him.

But i somehow strongly feel grosjean or perez into our garage next year.

Grosjean would probably be a good choice currently, but hopefully Kimi can perform better in the coming races Would love it to be Alonso but I doubt that would happen.

Contracts for F1 drivers are hardly concrete so if Ferrari wanted Max then I imagine he would be interested, no team wants a driver that has no desire to be there.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    If they leave bottas, who found they replace him with??? Any young driver pascal or any? They will not take Alonso when ham is at the other end. If we don't take perez, then mercs might have a chance of picking him.

But i somehow strongly feel grosjean or perez into our garage next year.
    re-living 2008 again???? no thank-you!....I say they bring in Pierre Gasly and he will probably go STR.....Sainz would be good for the Scuderia????

re-living 2008 again???? no thank-you!....I say they bring in Pierre Gasly and he will probably go STR.....Sainz would be good for the Scuderia????
    Regarding carlos, this was the talk long ago. His manager says that he's under contract & comitted to TR which gives him path to RB, not to other team.

Def do not want Alonso back i dont care how good he is. I love the guy and i think hes awesome but he gave up on us and i will never forgive him for it.
    Id love to see either Max or Daniel in our car but they have signed a new contract have they?
    Id rather take Carlos over Romain. Depending on where Antonio ends up this year i think he should be considered too, purely as a back up for Seb. But yeah its a hard 1.
    First and foremost Kimi needs to start performing, or else we wouldnt be talkin about this. Give him a few more races until we get to this point imo. Marchionne should stay out of this, he has no idea, leave it to the experts Sergio.
    CUT ME. CUT YOU. BOTH OUR BLOOD IS FERRARI RED!

There are lot of varaibles like who's gonna win WCC & WDC basically. Based on that team shake up will happen at mercs & Ferrari & RB too.

1. IF mercs win WCC & WDC. They will retain bottas. Else he's out.
    2. If Ferrari win WCC & WDC, vet will stay & kimi will be given send-off in grand style. If Ferrari doesn't win WCC then also kimi will be out but not in grand style, doubt vet will stay at ferrari.
    3. I see the same eqution with RB too even though RIC signed extension. If he's outperformed by Max & RB is not competitive. he's out by himself & sign Ferrai seat in place of vettel.
    So that RB can sign sainz as his replacement.

There are alot of varaibles. Very interesting season.

Quote Originally Posted by dfunk257 View Post
    Def do not want Alonso back i dont care how good he is. I love the guy and i think hes awesome but he gave up on us and i will never forgive him for it.
    Id love to see either Max or Daniel in our car but they have signed a new contract have they?
    Id rather take Carlos over Romain. Depending on where Antonio ends up this year i think he should be considered too, purely as a back up for Seb. But yeah its a hard 1.
    First and foremost Kimi needs to start performing, or else we wouldnt be talkin about this. Give him a few more races until we get to this point imo. Marchionne should stay out of this, he has no idea, leave it to the experts Sergio.
    He has ferrari contract, the way Team principal at that time handled him was very poor.

His ends 2018..so maybe Ricci over Carlos...I thought Ricci got an extension too...

Kimi tends to get off to a slow start at the beginning of each season, at least IMO.
    Lets see how he fares in the next few races. We're still very much on par with Merc in the WCC race, so if Kimi can pick up his pace and start taking points away from Merc, then no harm done.

As for the future... max seems to be showing potential, but I'm not sure if Ferrari would bet on someone that young

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Kimi tends to get off to a slow start at the beginning of each season, at least IMO.
    Lets see how he fares in the next few races. We're still very much on par with Merc in the WCC race, so if Kimi can pick up his pace and start taking points away from Merc, then no harm done.

As for the future... max seems to be showing potential, but I'm not sure if Ferrari would bet on someone that young
    Max has a "long-term" contract with RB...how long??? I honestly do not know.

Kimi is certainly disappointing since he joined Ferrari in 2014 but is there a better realistic possibility? Well, we can rule out Hamilton, Ricciardo and Verstappen, they're staying with their teams. If Bottas turns good he'll stay with Mercedes, otherwise he's not worth taking anyway. The really daunting prospect is giving Alonso a one-year deal. I'd love to see him back there. Giovinazzi still needs to learn, even though I already dream of him being an Italian champion in an Italian team. As for the rest... I believe they wouldn't do a much better job than Kimi and that's after they acclimatise themselves in the team which may turn out even worse. Perez and Grosjean would at best match Raikkonen.

Sainz.

Agree with this. This needs to be behind closed doors. This is going to make Ferrari F1 look like Marchionne and Arrivabenne are at odds with what the public needs to know. I loved the way Arrivabenne has kept the team with regards to the media at bay.

Sainz sounds good but isn't he under Red Bull contact? May be hard to get him.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Sainz sounds good but isn't he under Red Bull contact? May be hard to get him.
    well if anything, letting Kimi go now I believe, presents itself with limited options so IMHO Kimi will serve his remaining year and 2018 presents itself with alot more options including Carlos.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I agree. After he won the title in 07 he tends to have weak starts with Ferrari. Don't know why that wasn't the case in Lotus though. Whatever the case may be, i think we should not write him off, he always ups his game after receiving heavy criticism. I think he will find his mojo again this year and will show constant solid performance. However, let's hope that happens sooner rather than later. Only time will tell though.

Alonso is out of the question because we have a good atmosphere in the team with SV being the first driver, we don't want to mess that up. Mercedes may take him if Bottas doesn't perform. However, i think Bottas will show a solid performance and will be right behind Hamilton. I think Shanghai was a one-off for him.

Personally, if Kimi gets his mojo back in the upcoming races i think we should keep him and wait for Ricciardo or Max to be available. Nevertheless, Max is proving to be the faster and bolder driver. So i prefer Max over Ric.

What do you guys think about Rosberg in a Ferrari though? It will not surprise me if he decides to make a comeback. I think Seb and Rosberg would be an interesting combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I agree. After he won the title in 07 he tends to have weak starts with Ferrari. Don't know why that wasn't the case in Lotus though. Whatever the case may be, i think we should not write him off, he always ups his game after receiving heavy criticism. I think he will find his mojo again this year and will show constant solid performance. However, let's hope that happens sooner rather than later. Only time will tell though.

Alonso is out of the question because we have a good atmosphere in the team with SV being the first driver, we don't want to mess that up. Mercedes may take him if Bottas doesn't perform. However, i think Bottas will show a solid performance and will be right behind Hamilton. I think Shanghai was a one-off for him.

Personally, if Kimi gets his mojo back in the upcoming races i think we should keep him and wait for Ricciardo or Max to be available. Nevertheless, Max is proving to be the faster and bolder driver. So i prefer Max over Ric.

What do you guys think about Rosberg in a Ferrari though? It will not surprise me if he decides to make a comeback. I think Seb and Rosberg would be an interesting combo.
    Rosberg isn't aggressive in my opinion. He's susceptible with the set-up very much similar to kimi.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Grosjean would probably be a good choice currently, but hopefully Kimi can perform better in the coming races Would love it to be Alonso but I doubt that would happen.

Contracts for F1 drivers are hardly concrete so if Ferrari wanted Max then I imagine he would be interested, no team wants a driver that has no desire to be there.
    This!

i'd forgive Alonso. Bring him back. He is still the best there is out there.
    we're number one

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    I am not holding any grudges against any driver. I am TEAM supporter. Ferrari above everything and all!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari4life View Post
    Alonso gets paid $40 million from Mclaren/Honda....thats all I'm gonna say.

Remember that without Alonso 2010-2014 would have been so awful - an average of 1-2 podium finishes per season with no wins for his team-mates. He was putting Ferrari in places they shouldn't be. Vettel is his worthy replacement and they both damaged Raikkonen's legacy as well.

Alonso gets paid $40 million from Mclaren/Honda....thats all I'm gonna say.
    I don't know the numbers but I doubt Ferrari is paying Kimi much less and definitely can afford to spend a few millions more if necessary. Fernando himself is willing to lose a few millions to get a winning car rather than a last/second-to-last car.