Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Italian GP Monza: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    i dont like jumping the gun, as much as ferrari might be sandbagging, mercs might be sandbagging even more as they'v got some new aero updates too. plus top 3 didnt get to set there quickest lap, hamilton is within a tenth from what i'v seen so far. i just feel its quite even. q3 dry is the only time we will know 100% sure but then again mercs will be using slipstream with bottas just like Formula 2, those who didnt use slipstream were left in the dust in quali. we know kimi wants to beat seb here. Hopefully more clean session tomorrow. rather all these issues today for seb than tomorrow and sunday
    Following other car in the last sector will also lead to go wider in ascari chicane. Loose DF.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Following other car in the last sector will also lead to go wider in ascari chicane. Loose DF.
    They were doing it down the main straight and before the last corner, they left like 3second distance, merc goldenkid russel went 3ths faster than the rest of them.

brickwall bottas will probably move out the way instead of lead hamilton through either of those straights. so he wont be compromised
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

how was the race pace? i have to say the most annoying thing sky does now is when they cut to the commentators around the track and dont add a mini live action side by side, why do they need martin taking up 100% of the screen. same with them going onboard they kept removing the laptime clock
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Even ??? Vet is .2ths ahead mercs
    0.4s, if you combine all the PB sectors.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    0.4s, if you combine all the PB sectors.
    Yesh

Chances of rain in quali getting increased. Don’t know what to say. If it happens, consecutive 3rd weekend quali in rain.

At the same time, everyone predicted fp2 to be wet. But it stayed dry. So unpredictability is high.

Atleast for now it looks like a dry race. Hope it stays that way.

Hamilton: Mercedes can see deficits to Ferrari.
    Lewis Hamilton accepts Mercedes is playing catch up to Ferrari at Monza and says the areas his team is weaker compared to its rivals are clear to see.

For the majority of the European races Mercedes has placed the favourites tag on Ferrari and Hamilton is certain it remains the case at the Italian team’s home race due to the power-sensitive circuit.
    Ferrari duly swept to a 1-2 in the dry FP2 session, having seen the morning session hampered by rain, with Hamilton leading Mercedes’ charge in third place just 0.287s off Sebastian Vettel’s top time.

The F1 world championship leader concedes Mercedes is trailing to Ferrari on both qualifying and race pace but ‘can see deficits’ which are believed to be on initial acceleration out of the corners and outright top speed gained from Ferrari's recent power unit updates.

“We did plenty of laps this afternoon in the dry and we could see that, like in Spa, we had a small gap to Ferrari on both the short and the long runs. My laps felt pretty good, but Ferrari was a little bit quicker today,” Hamilton said.

“We’re all working flat out right now in every part of the team, and we have work to do tonight as well - but there are some areas where we can see deficits, so I hope we can make a little step for qualifying.
    “It has been a big battle for a number of races now, and they have had a small advantage since the middle of the summer, but we are pushing as hard as we can to overcome that.”

Bottas has echoed his teammate’s sentiments after ending Friday practice fourth quickest, over four-tenths of a second off Hamilton, but feels noticeable improvements have been found from the Mercedes package since the Belgium Grand Prix to close the gap to Ferrari.

“As expected, Ferrari seemed very quick in the dry,” Bottas said. “It's not going to be easy, but we still have a few things we can improve for qualifying.

“Compared to Spa, the car felt better in the slow corners which is a good step in the right direction. The weather forecast for tomorrow is not entirely conclusive, so we need to be prepared for everything and get a lot of running done in FP3 no matter if it's wet or dry.”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We are looking good for tomorrow and Sunday? What is the latest weather forecast?

If it's wet tomorrow, Hamilton is going to lose out, there is no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    If it's wet tomorrow, Hamilton is going to lose out, there is no doubt about it.
    Why would you say that? I thought the Merc was better than Ferrari in the wet

But let’s hope you’re right and Ferrari will outperform Merc
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by chinmay View Post
    Such a troll you are. Been following this thread for ages without ever commenting but it's amazing to see you have been consistently trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    Such a troll you are. Been following this thread for ages without ever commenting but it's amazing to see you have been consistently trolling
    Yes he is.....he’s prolly in love with Merc and two chains Hamilton
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Schumir9 View Post
    I guess I must have missed the trolling part because there is no stopping Ferrari here, rain or no rain.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Yes he is.....he’s prolly in love with Merc and two chains Hamilton
    You are the one in love with Hamilton as you mention him whenever you post. Me? I would be happy if rapper boy retires, overrated driver driving great cars since debut and always getting titles gifted to him on a plate out of sheer luck. He had the car to do it in 2010 and 2012 but as there was competition, he failed miserably.

Saturday forcast looking like this, was pretty accurate in Belgium more or less.

Heavy rain with chance of thunderstorm predicted from 10:00 till 14:00
    then 14:00 till 16:00 heavy rain to light rain
    16:00 18:00 -> very light isolated showers
    -> dry

mercedes and ferrari are very close

reported that seb gained 0.2s on slipstream during the hotlaps, and hamilton gained 0.1s on his lap using slipstream.

Ferrari much quicker in Lesmo, Mercedes much quicker than ferrari in the slow corners(new aero has improved since this was their weakness in spa).

Wolff said they have a bit of understeer which they are working on for tomorrow, Seb not happy yet with the setup ( probably needs a little more DF)

Quali should be wet according to 90% of forecasts, the rain ends just after quali. LOL hopefully wind tonight blows away the rain we don't need ratboy and his voodoo giving mercs a front row lockout thanks to rain again.

Anyone with subscription can let me know what they said here please

Why Monza improves Mercedes' odds against Ferrari
    Conventional wisdom suggests Ferrari should repeat its Spa form and win the Italian Grand Prix comfortably, but dig a little deeper and there are several aspects to the Monza circuit that indicate Mercedes has a fighting chance of producing an upset

https://www.autosport.com/f1/feature...gainst-ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    We are looking good for tomorrow and Sunday? What is the latest weather forecast?
    Reports are conflicting. Accuweather says it wont rain. Google says it wont rain. Some other source says its gping to be pouring so who knows. Hope the wind blows pur way for once

“THE PACKAGE IS GOOD”
    ferrari-media

Seb and Kimi get through a mixed first day of practice

Monza, August 31 – The sun and heat of Thursday gave way to heavy clouds and bursts of rain for the first day of practice at the Autodromo di Monza. In the first session, Scuderia Ferrari’s Kimi Raikkonen braved the weather to post a total of 28 laps on the Intermediate tyres, while his teammate Sebastian Vettel only managed four laps, before a small issue with his spare gearbox put an end to his session. In the afternoon session, though, Seb set the best time ahead of Kimi on a dry track.

“Today it’s been a mixed day”, Seb commented “as the morning session didn’t go smoothly, but in the afternoon it got better. The balance of the car is not perfect yet, but I believe we can work on it for tomorrow as the car seems to be working well. This morning we had a little problem with the car; I wanted to run, but we had to check the gearbox first. However, it was good we could run in the afternoon. In P2 I slid off at Parabolica, but I managed to avoid touching the barrier, but I had just one slight nudge and came away with minor damage to the rear wing which had to be replaced. Apart from that, the car was fine. I am not entirely happy yet, but I know we can still improve because our car has big potential. I think we can do better tomorrow as the package is good, so we’ll see. We’ll keep doing our homework”.

“This morning” Kimi said “the session was held in the wet and we could only do a little running, but in the second practice, track conditions were back to normal. The conditions were the same for everybody, we cannot change the weather; I think that in the end we were quite lucky to have at least one session in the dry. Both compounds were ok, but obviously we did not do much mileage today. We are on yet another different track, so we obviously had some things to fine tune today, but it was not too bad for the first laps . Now we need to go through things and try to improve a bit for tomorrow”.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

I can't believe Kimi said what I've been thinking all along, the conditions were the same for everybody. I'm in good company!

Looks like its gonna be dry for FP3 and quali.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Looks like its gonna be dry for FP3 and quali.
    SHHHHHHHH.....don't say tath out loud....two chains Lewis may hear ya and proly will start a rain dance voodoo......lol

but yeah, a dry track is much better then a wet track which could turn into a lottery as we;ve seen in Spa

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    SHHHHHHHH.....don't say tath out loud....two chains Lewis may hear ya and proly will start a rain dance voodoo......lol

but yeah, a dry track is much better then a wet track which could turn into a lottery as we;ve seen in Spa
    Nothing more satisfying than beating the mercs at Monza. It's been too long.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    Nothing more satisfying than beating the mercs at Monza. It's been too long.
    yes.....2010 seems SOOOOOOOOOOO LONG ago when Alo won for Ferrari

i'm sure the Mercs will try and put a good fight especially since we beat them at their home turf in Silversone

Ferrari looking really good for a great weekend, we finally have a car that can qualify at the front and also go on to win the race. The Very latest weather forecasts showing it's going to be dry today and tomorrow.

Looking much more like all dry for qualy today and also for the raxce tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    Anyone with subscription can let me know what they said here please
    Give a break. Those articles websites do admire mercs team & ham a lot.
    Motorsport F1, Autosport, F1 technical these are mercs puppets.

Now I would ask u one question? Can u just tell me in FP2 dry running on single lap ferrari improving lap after lap even on the lap where vettel spun he had fastest middle sector. Did u see mercs improving or on top of Ferrari ??
    Also on race pace, haven’t u watched ham was far away on lap times compared to vettel ?? I have watched it onboard clearly, mercs suffered on SS tyres.

With all the above things, how u are judging it’s close. Just by looking at upgrade which they brought ????
    This is what u have to change ur view going on. If u don’t see any upgrade from ferrari do u think they r on back foot ?

Quote Originally Posted by enjaybel3 View Post
    Looking much more like all dry for qualy today and also for the raxce tomorrow
    Im keeping my fingers crossed. Last week at spa, google said 0% chance of rain and it rained at q3. Currently it says 3% chance of rain