Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 USA GP: Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We run the package the FIA tell us too so it helps Merc, everything we do is controlled by FIA.

But in reality - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...ecent-upgrades

Incompetent you say?
    I'm aware of that article, yes. It says "After a difficult Friday in America, the team elected to go back to the same configuration it had raced in both Russia and Japan". That explains it all then, right? Ferrari have reverted back to a package that was dead slow compared to Merc and you buy it with hook, line and sinker.

So not only was the team "incompetent" (your opinion) as they didn't react instantly after Singapore but they are now running an even worse package that was even slower. You must then clearly think the team IS incompetent because otherwise where has the new speed come from, if it has been there all the time but masked by dodgy updates? Right?

In the real world though something was obviously switched off after Monza and switched back on yesterday in FP3 and qualifying. The only question is why and why now?

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    I'm aware of that article, yes. It says "After a difficult Friday in America, the team elected to go back to the same configuration it had raced in both Russia and Japan". That explains it all then, right? Ferrari have reverted back to a package that was dead slow compared to Merc and you buy it with hook, line and sinker.

So not only was the team "incompetent" (your opinion) as they didn't react instantly after Singapore but they are now running an even worse package that was even slower. You must then clearly think the team IS incompetent because otherwise where has the new speed come from, if it has been there all the time but masked by dodgy updates? Right?

In the real world though something was obviously switched off after Monza and switched back on yesterday in FP3 and qualifying. The only question is why and why now?
    Maybe Seb will sign up here and explain it in more detail to yourself, but until then I guess we just have to accept what he says and we have had to go backwards on our upgrades, would not be the first time now would it.....It was you that said incompetent about the team not me so don't decide my opinion for me thanks

As Seb said we have went back on a number of developments, he does not say we are running the exact same car as any other race....you are just deciding that to be the case.
    Forza Ferrari

Maybe Seb will sign up here and explain it in more detail to yourself, but until then I guess we just have to accept what he says and we have had to go backwards on our upgrades, would not be the first time now would it.....It was you that said incompetent about the team not me so don't decide my opinion for me thanks

As Seb said we have went back on a number of developments, he does not say we are running the exact same car as any other race....you are just deciding that to be the case.
    While waiting for Seb to sign up and explain his comments you can always ban me in the meantime. Then no tough question, and questions that clearly doesn't reflect your view, will be asked.

But the team clearly must be incompetent in your opinion since they didn't react instantly after Singapore when suddenly the gap to Merc was the biggest this season (not counting the special tyres). They must be so slow and dumb they brought the same dodgy development to Sochi and Suzuka... It's sad you rather take the FIA's side than Ferrari's.

The article you posted clearly states what package we supposedly run here in Austin. So either you agree with it or not. If you don't, why post it? As many times in the past you cherry pick the bits and pieces that suit you and ignore the rest, the real logical stuff.

FIAs side....... how can he when no one has insider information either way

I used to like Brundle as a presenter, but he seems to have lost his passion. I never liked Paul that much as a driver but he’s not a bad presenter

RTL: You removed the updates. Basically back to the Hockenheim configuration right?

Vettel: "Yes, you could say that."
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

While waiting for Seb to sign up and explain his comments you can always ban me in the meantime. Then no tough question, and questions that clearly doesn't reflect your view, will be asked.

But the team clearly must be incompetent in your opinion since they didn't react instantly after Singapore when suddenly the gap to Merc was the biggest this season (not counting the special tyres). They must be so slow and dumb they brought the same dodgy development to Sochi and Suzuka... It's sad you rather take the FIA's side than Ferrari's.

The article you posted clearly states what package we supposedly run here in Austin. So either you agree with it or not. If you don't, why post it? As many times in the past you cherry pick the bits and pieces that suit you and ignore the rest, the real logical stuff.
    Yeah cause I just ban people all the time.....lol rather childish comment to make really? I read what Seb said not what the journo said. "We went back with our car quite a long way, and it seems to work better that way," explained Vettel. What you have selected is the journalist comment not Seb's. What has the FIA got to do with this? LOL

Read what Seb says, tell me why he is not correct and what it has to do with the FIA, Also as I said not the first time we have had to abandon updates is it?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    FIAs side....... how can he when no one has insider information either way
    But it seems he has because it's all obviously Ferrari's fault for being dumb and slow...

But it seems he has because it's all obviously Ferrari's fault for being dumb and slow...
    RTL: You removed the updates. Basically back to the Hockenheim configuration right?

Vettel: "Yes, you could say that."
    LOL
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah cause I just ban people all the time.....lol rather childish comment to make really? I read what Seb said not what the journo said. "We went back with our car quite a long way, and it seems to work better that way," explained Vettel. What you have selected is the journalist comment not Seb's. What has the FIA got to do with this? LOL

Read what Seb says, tell me why he is not correct and what it has to do with the FIA, Also as I said not the first time we have had to abandon updates is it?
    I can ask the same. Why do you only read what Seb said and not what the journalist wrote? I asked in earler post how far back to you think the team has reverted? The only logical answer to that, for it to be true, would have to be Hockenheim as Hunagroring, Spa and Monza are three circuits that are very different to Austin. Those packages would not be less than 0.1 second behind Merc around here. If Ferrari have gone back as far as the summer and with Merc's updates since Spa in mind it would also have been impossible to be only 0.1 behind. Clearly there has to be something more and has all to do with what was there at Monza but not in the last three races. I know you know this and understand what I'm saying. You just argue for the sake of arguing.

I can ask the same. Why do you only read what Seb said and not what the journalist wrote? I asked in earler post how far back to you think the team has reverted? The only logical answer to that, for it to be true, would have to be Hockenheim as Hunagroring, Spa and Monza are three circuits that are very different to Austin. Those packages would not be less than 0.1 second behind Merc around here. If Ferrari have gone back as far as the summer and with Merc's updates since Spa in mind it would also have been impossible to be only 0.1 behind. Clearly there has to be something more and has all to do with what was there at Monza but not in the last three races. I know you know this and understand what I'm saying. You just argue for the sake of arguing.
    Because Seb knows more than the journalist maybe?

Just blame the FIA it will make you feel better.
    Forza Ferrari

LOL
    Yup. Ferrari is running the Hockenheim package from mid summer and Merc is running its finetuned post Spa package and that gives us a total loss of less than 0.1 with both cars compared to Merc. We're also much faster than Bottas. Yup...there's nothing else here to see.

You’re the only one arguing.

The problem is there is do many stories flying around and no one knows the full facts of what is going on.
    Mwk thinks they are limited to 3 uses per engine, that’s as good a reason as any.
    I doubt we will ever know the full facts.

Yup. Ferrari is running the Hockenheim package from mid summer and Merc is running its finetuned post Spa package and that gives us a total loss of less than 0.1 with both cars compared to Merc. We're also much faster than Bottas. Yup...there's nothing else here to see.
    Bottas is not that good, Merc would not win titles without Lewis, maybe that's the FIA to blame for that as well?
    Forza Ferrari

Different tracks. The boost works better on long straight and Ferrari have less downforce which slows them in some corners

He’s gonna win the championship this year anyway, but I just want Hamilton to crash out or have his engine fail just once. Make this race and the next a little more interesting. I swear, if Vettel has a crash at lap one and hands Ratboy the title I’ll smash my tv!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

How bout those cowboy cheerleaders!!! Woo-hoo!!
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Weather is good, everything is fine and hopefully we have a great race.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    He’s gonna win the championship this year anyway, but I just want Hamilton to crash out or have his engine fail just once. Make this race and the next a little more interesting. I swear, if Vettel has a crash at lap one and hands Ratboy the title I’ll smash my tv!
    LOL

It already failed in Austria

... DR will be sensible, as there is no crashtappen in our way. But bottas will play as usual wing man n block seb.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    ... DR will be sensible, as there is no crashtappen in our way. But bottas will play as usual wing man n block seb.
    Lol—-speaking of crashtappen, Rat is doing a hot lap with Herbert and he said he has to stay away from Verstappen lol
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hi guys...I'm mobile today and have no TV link. Any decent streaming feeds for today's race? TIA

FerrariSteve Guest
    Bottas will do his best to "accidentally" hit Seb when he's passed.

Good evening

Even Horner thinks Kimi puts Lewis in the fence....lol
    It's not how start but how you finish.

this could be kimi's last chance to win a race realistically, would be great if he breaks the bad start curse and takes the lead
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Hey guys. Dumb rrr's running outa time before start to find free no login stream (no time for that) , I've failed. Can someone please! give me a link that I don't miss start?
    "What I don't quite understand is how Massa gets the lap times he does when he so often misses the apexes of the corners. What really does impress me is the fact that he displays a determination not to be counted out, or overlooked, when it comes to fighting for the world championship." Damon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariSteve View Post
    Bottas will do his best to "accidentally" hit Seb when he's passed.
    he tried at hungary lol so wouldnt put it pass him, he's desperate to keep his seat from ocon & russell