Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25506162636465666768697071727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2373

Thread: Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H Development thread.

Team has such a person already. At least for season 2017 still. An inspiring one? Perhaps not actively. But in my book a good example of how to get the job done without running around like a headless chicken.

For starters we need to get one of the better strategists. Preferably from redbull..... they seem to be good at it.

Wouldn't it be better to sort the strategy side with the existing personnel Scuderia already have?

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harley View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to sort the strategy side with the existing personnel Scuderia already have?
    That would be the best without having new personnel settling in and all.... but the question is how soon can we sort it out before making errors again next season.

Team has such a person already. At least for season 2017 still. An inspiring one? Perhaps not actively. But in my book a good example of how to get the job done without running around like a headless chicken.
    And that is...?

It would be... And they are talking all the time they have... Something like 8 seasons!

People fail to see the reality of things that is that as long as the pressure is not handled , nothing is going to be achieved.
    Luca is right and there needs to be a change in the way things are conducted.
    Of course this is Ferrari and of course everyone expects results and everything but terror never helps.
    And someone needs to relay this to upper management , absorb the heat when needed so the team feels safe to make mistakes (yes, you read it right), because thru mistakes people do learn, and the only people that do not make mistakes are those that do not work !
    People terrified to err, are those that make the worst mistakes. People that work in multi million organizations not structured in the best way and with bad management, or have at least, know this very, very well.
    And managers afraid to absorb the heat from central management are BAD managers.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

If this theory is valid, how do you explain the years 2008 and forward under Stefanos leadership? Year after year we said we "understood the problem". There wasn´t a reaction for years regarding the team. Not saying Baldisserri is wrong, but there has been periods of times where people got away with everything year after year without producing a winning car...

In regards to my "afraid" post, check out my post on page 74 post 2203. Not
    everyone feels the same as Baldisari. Some people see the restructering as a good thing.
    I do..the cars is better last few races, so something positive is hapng.

Oh I want to add...Baldisari...disgruntled former employee?
    Why would he say such a thing? His way of getting back?
    Cant wait to prove him wrong.
    Last edited by Nova; 13th October 2016 at 00:15.

I always wondered if the Mercedes chassis/aero was really that great. Figuring that the engine/power unit had to be the biggest reason to their dominance. Well I just read a bit through a forum on the W07 on F1technical.net... I am highly impressed with their designs and very disappointed with the lack of Ferrari's creativity.

I think most would agree the Mercedes front wing has appeared the most intricate, but take a closer look at the detail of their barge boards, endplates, etc. They have turning vanes on individual front wing elements!

Back in say 1999-2006, even into 07 and 08, Ferrari were coming out with ideas that were revolutionary and most teams would copy these designs for their own cars. Just to name a few....

1999 - exhaust exits form the upper body work, leaving more room for the diffuser.
    2002 - extreme coke bottle effect in the body work giving a far more efficient rear wing/diffuser. Vertical exhaust pipes covered by body work.
    2003 - undercut around the radiators. Shark gill radiator vents
    2004 - the T wing on the engine cover.
    2005 - Turning vanes that flowed air to the winglets on the body.
    2006 - Upper element on the front wing

Now days its hard to think of things Ferrari has created, and I swear they are too stubborn to copy the competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    People fail to see the reality of things that is that as long as the pressure is not handled , nothing is going to be achieved.
    Luca is right and there needs to be a change in the way things are conducted.
    Of course this is Ferrari and of course everyone expects results and everything but terror never helps.
    And someone needs to relay this to upper management , absorb the heat when needed so the team feels safe to make mistakes (yes, you read it right), because thru mistakes people do learn, and the only people that do not make mistakes are those that do not work !
    People terrified to err, are those that make the worst mistakes. People that work in multi million organizations not structured in the best way and with bad management, or have at least, know this very, very well.
    And managers afraid to absorb the heat from central management are BAD managers.
    totally agree, as an engineer myself, not having management support the team in this way will always yield mediocre results

"Who can translate this site please, it`s in italian:
    http://www.formula1benzing.eu/index.html"

The article says that Redbull are using 10% more petrol than others since Singapore just because the showbiss want so. It was the time when Dr. Marko put alot of pressure on Direction, telling to leave f1. Per 1 kg above 100kg is 10hp more.
    Ferrari its not in a strong political position to react to this.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post

The article says that Redbull are using 10% more petrol than others since Singapore just because the showbiss want so. It was the time when Dr. Marko put alot of pressure on Direction, telling to leave f1. Per 1 kg above 100kg is 10hp more.
    If true, I find this totally ludicrous. I was under the impression Reno simply did a better engine
    having a lot of tokens left. This really isnt fair now is it?
    So how quick would we be if allowed the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    If true, I find this totally ludicrous. I was under the impression Reno simply did a better engine
    having a lot of tokens left. This really isnt fair now is it?
    So how quick would we be if allowed the same?
    i doubt that article is true, as far as building a better engine, Renault has done it before so more likely

image.jpeg

FERRARI IN THE EYE OF THE Y250 VORTEX

In order to identify its weaknesses and prepare for 2017’s planned regulation changes, Ferrari has continued to develop the front end of its 2016-spec SF16-H. After several evolutions had already been introduced in Malaysia, the car sported elongated front wing pillars in Japan. Besides their structural role, these also serve to direct the airflow – including the all-important Y250 vortex – towards the under-nose turning vanes, splitter, etc. Ferrari’s tweaking of the pillars did not come as a surprise after the raft of modifications seen at Sepang.

On both sides of the car, the Y250 vortex is generated by the pressure differential between the edge of the front wing’s neutral section (which is 250mm away from the car’s longitudinal axis on both sides) and the rest of its main board. In that area, the airflow moves towards the lower pressure zone as it curls upon itself. This creates a whirl that will decrease in energy intensity as it travels along the car.

Formula 1 aerodynamicists look for ways to control this vortex as much as possible, using a series of aero elements such as the front wing pillars, the turning vanes, the bat wing, the splitter fins, the sidepod vanes, etc. Engineers are keen to utilise the energy from the vortex (see yellow line) to keep the dirty wake coming off the rotating wheels (see white lines) away from the car’s floor.

In other words, the vortex acts as a barrier between the turbulent air and the edges of the floor. In doing so, it increases the efficiency of the diffuser at the rear. Depending on the setup, the diffuser can be raised (which amounts to running more rake on the car). Red Bull has been quite proficient in that field so it won't come as a surprise to see its Adrian Newey-designed chargers with quite a lot of rake and healthy Y250 vortices.

image.jpeg

CLOSER LOOK AT FERRARI’S SEPANG UPDATES

The Malaysian Grand Prix weekend had already seen Ferrari bring a trio of evolutions to the under-nose area of its SF16-H. These were displayed more openly at Suzuka. On the first picture, one can spot that the vertical fins on the splitter have been elongated, while the Mercedes-style bat wing replaced the winglets introduced at Silverstone earlier this year (see yellow arrows). Finally, the turning vanes now come in a three-element setup instead of a two-piece layout.

By launching these novelties late in the season, the Maranello-based outfit looks to assess the validity of its concepts before potentially incorporating them to the overall design of its 2017 challenger.

image.jpeg

FERRARI DOES NOT WANT TO WING IT

Despite next year’s rules revolution, developing current-spec front wings remains relevant for 2017. That’s why several teams continue to fine-tune and assess their designs with an eye already cast towards the future.

Ferrari thus sampled a new front wing in Suzuka, having tweaked the area located between the end-plate and the arches on the outer section. Going against the trending aero philosophy of segmentation, some gaps have been closed off (compare white arrows), while the footpath has been widened and now encroach on the funnel formed by the arches (see yellow arrows).

And still it looks less complex than those of Red Bull's and Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    And still it looks less complex than those of Red Bull's and Mercedes.
    The problem is not complexity, the problem with our car is that they still haven't found the base when they can add on it.

Quote Originally Posted by alfa84 View Post

The scorching failure of the useless Strategic Group (belong to FOM, the same FIA ​​and six teams: Mercedes, Ferrari, Williams, Red Bull, McLaren and F.India), with the rejection of the first two proposals for a motor Formula 1 feasible from a manufacturer and addressed the so-called independent teams who financially can not adopt one of four hybrid engines currently in the field, deserves some comment. Not because of the initial proposal, which proposed a V6-2.200 cm³ supercharged type Indianapolis, therefore insufficient, already knowing the performance levels, as for the V6-2.500 cm³ turbo added later, better comparable with the average yield V6-1.600 cm³ turbo -ibridi in use. Yet, the Commission of the FIA ​​Formula 1-TV stated that they would prefer a certain similarity, with simplifications, to eliminate the hybrid side and lower costs significantly. And it should be pointed out, for the avoidance of doubt, that the motoring alternative nature will never be understood as in the past, with every free competitor to choose one of two solutions (the first F1, for example, contrasted with the engine compressor to 1,500 4,500 aspirated), but as a substitute for "low-cost" of Mercedes-Ferrari-Renault-Honda supply.
    This concept of regulation, therefore, is less demanding than in the past, in the sense that it will only allow a certain combination of performance, also during the normal engine evolution, with no prospect of overcoming of the basic formula, which remains the most modern and more advanced, with its hybrid form and with its low power consumption, even with its higher costs. As a result, deepening concerns the way to go to achieve a low cost engine that could decently stand comparison with the hybrid. And the first plausible resource has been to increase the capacity aspirate round, as indicated by the proposal of 2,500 cm³, which has had a disguised validity, in considering the average level - should be repeated and sottolilneato the average "term" - equal to 875 horsepower, according to the regulator, to the maximum power of 1,600 cm³ and a possibility of eguagliarne the figure without the electric motor generators. Although it is assumed that:

1 °) the peak production in 2015 was of the order of 900 hp;

2 °) in 2016 the powers of the 1,600-hybrids will be further increases in already explored in the wild qualifications, with special mappings.
    As seen in this diagram, the aspirated V6 of the hybrid formula has a lower starting point 600 hp (585 hp, equal to 366 hp per liter of displacement) and adds 161 hp with the MGU-K, while the final climb is entrusted to the mono-turbo turbocharging, with the contribution of the MGU-H. The question number is 1 may suffice if the elimination of motor generators - and its batteries - to obtain the desired reduction of costs. The question number 2 is whether a 2500 cc aspirated you can get 715 hp, equal to 286 hp / liter, according to the known law of the reduction of the specific power increasing unit displacement and total, under conclusively outlined below and based on the assumption of the regulators.

Certainly, with a value of displacement of two liters and a half, a good boost (single compressor for economic reasons) can lead to the 870 hp end result, though not to the same regime of rotation of 1,600 cm³ in comparison, with a maximum possible of 11,000 instead of 12,000 rpm, as suggested by the diagram.

read more with grphs: https://translate.google.com.au/tran...tm&prev=search

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post
    i doubt that article is true, as far as building a better engine, Renault has done it before so more likely
    I would want them to prove me wrong thx..This isnt the 1st Ive heard of this.
    Reno was nowhere..all of a sudden theyre faster...Now if this hapned off season and they did do
    a better job, ok...
    Reno has for the most part built very good engines. I think it was them who actually
    wer the 1st to use turbocharging..that was awhile ago.

That is not an engine performance. It is just the lobby of drinkers who threaten to leave the sport with two teams if they do not get what they want. Shame on FIA and company!!! Everyone in the sport knows it and no one talks about it. Fake races and trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by NasI View Post
    That is not an engine performance. It is just the lobby of drinkers who threaten to leave the sport with two teams if they do not get what they want. Shame on FIA and company!!! Everyone in the sport knows it and no one talks about it. Fake races and trophies.
    There are already rumors on next year car......and they say its a mess, worst car in decades

Sam786

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    There are already rumors on next year car......and they say its a mess, worst car in decades
    Another year wasted then.... any link for that rumor?? If u can post it here, it would be much appreciated..... thnx

And if they told you wolverines make good house pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova View Post
    And if they told you wolverines make good house pets?
    mate thoes rumors have a trend of being true

mate thoes rumors have a trend of being true
    Total nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by jpalmito View Post
    Total nonsense
    I thought the same thing in 2014, we I read the rumors saying our engine is massively underpowerd

What rubbish you write.

I hate these negative rumors, but what strikes me is why we hear these rumors year after year about Ferrari, I don't recall ever hearing them about other teams. All teams will have developments that don't live up to expectations and some that do, but why are we so focused on the negative about Ferrari ?? Lets be positive for a change we will all feel better ...

Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jragona View Post
    I hate these negative rumors, but what strikes me is why we hear these rumors year after year about Ferrari, I don't recall ever hearing them about other teams. All teams will have developments that don't live up to expectations and some that do, but why are we so focused on the negative about Ferrari ?? Lets be positive for a change we will all feel better ...
    I completely agree with you. Let's be positive and that is right approach for everything in life. Down side is that year after year of being positive we kept saying next year will be.... I am not saying I am loosing my faith... But it is damn though to get on something which is not there... for years....