Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Current state of F1 and opinions please

James Hunt died at the age of 45 due to heart attack. Unsurprising, alcoholics and drug addicts don't live long.

I'm sure most people want to live long. And I'm sure most people, especially those aspiring to become a F1 driver in the future, would follow the footsteps of a soon to become 7xWDC over an alcoholic and junkie one hit wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I'm sure all Merc and Lewis' fans are happy with F-1 races. And we F-1 fans almost lost a season to watch. I for one am grateful . 26 seconds behind the last place car and winds up finishing 7th with a fastest lap point added in! And the top 3 drivers had a ball up on the podium.
    Which would be what percentage of the viewers?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Which would be what percentage of the viewers?
    100% of the Merc fans won't miss a race I'm sure. Max fans will always tune in hoping he can stop Lewis. Bottas is not being held back. He gives Lewis a good run for the money and it makes it worth watching . Since he's with Merc Bottas managed 4 poles ;13 podiums; 8 wins; and 3 top 3 champion finishes. I for one really liked the weekly races, 2 weeks is to long to wait. I always think Charles has a shot at the podium at the start of each race. Once again I say I'm grateful there's a F-1 season.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    James Hunt died at the age of 45 due to heart attack. Unsurprising, alcoholics and drug addicts don't live long.

I'm sure most people want to live long. And I'm sure most people, especially those aspiring to become a F1 driver in the future, would follow the footsteps of a soon to become 7xWDC over an alcoholic and junkie one hit wonder.
    Yes, that is the point BTW Eddie Irvine with similar lifestyle died, or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Honzus View Post
    Yes, that is the point BTW Eddie Irvine with similar lifestyle died, or not?
    Wasn't looking for a competition on who died or not due to being a junkie or alcoholic. But when someone lives badly, they don't usually live long. Obesity, alcohol and drug addiction are not really the sign of a great life style.

And as for the "point", I don't really get what Raikkonen trying to say here. Is he aspiring to become James Hunt? It will be strange if that's the case. Kimi has a family and I though he would want to live long and watch his children grow up. Dying in his 40's with heart attack shouldn't be his goal. I guess all those years of getting dominated by other drivers affected his mental health a bit.

100% of the Merc fans won't miss a race I'm sure. Max fans will always tune in hoping he can stop Lewis. Bottas is not being held back. He gives Lewis a good run for the money and it makes it worth watching . Since he's with Merc Bottas managed 4 poles ;13 podiums; 8 wins; and 3 top 3 champion finishes. I for one really liked the weekly races, 2 weeks is to long to wait. I always think Charles has a shot at the podium at the start of each race. Once again I say I'm grateful there's a F-1 season.
    I mean percentage of F1 fans, maybe 10%?

I must say, I agree with you. I've watched every race this season and although I'm frequently utterly disappointed by our condition, I often manage to derive enjoyment from the other aspects of F1 races that you've mentioned. I can't wait for next season though!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

So far every year where they've locked development on engines has been pretty bad and utterly predictable. If it wasn't for some of these new tracks, and some tire issues, this could be one of the most boring seasons ever, right next to 2014. Same cars in same places at the end of the races and we know next week it's not going to change.
    It's not Ferrari that's wasting Leclerc... it's the FIA. Let the teams bring new engines FFS.

Iīm not a fan of any teams, just F1 itself. But Itīs always interesting to watch races and press conferences (like what the drivers in difficult position say) and so on.
    And just waiting that interesting 2022 -> era too.
    Mostly I hope some penalty by going out of the track. Gravel or grass, or drive-through penalty for every second outing. Or something. Just annoying that a top car driver can celebrate on the podium though he went out of track many times during the race. Reliability and consistency of a driver should be more important matter. + also too damn much grip, just stupid if like 80% of the lap is full throttle. Pouhon in Spa or 3rd and 9th corner in Barcelona donīt need to be flatout.

Can easily put speed bumps on run off areas so drivers have to slow down or risk damage to their cars. Should be just behind the curbs.

There is nothing enjoyable in a season where Mercedes has a scandalous advantage over other teams, and the whole season is really predictable unless something crazy happens.
    I am not saying that because of the current state of Ferrari, I am saying this because of the current stupid set of rules.
    I wish that there were rules that allowed for all the teams to be able to rectify their current state with testing like back in the days , bringing components, changing stuff , but the way this goes, within some years F1 will have turn into some sort of full blown spec series.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

After each race the least we Ferrari fans should expect is that Binotto can say, at least we had the tire choices right. 3 practices before the quali. and race should do it. Less downforce and better driving accordingly would help at least to get near a podium.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    There is nothing enjoyable in a season where Mercedes has a scandalous advantage over other teams, and the whole season is really predictable unless something crazy happens.
    I am not saying that because of the current state of Ferrari, I am saying this because of the current stupid set of rules.
    I wish that there were rules that allowed for all the teams to be able to rectify their current state with testing like back in the days , bringing components, changing stuff , but the way this goes, within some years F1 will have turn into some sort of full blown spec series.
    Agreed 100 %.

With the current rules it basically guarantees that if a team starts with the best or dominant car, it will remain that way for the rest of the season.

The result is reduced competition and more predictability at races unless there are accidents or red flags etc.

An enjoyable read was the interview with Dan reminiscing in detail having Max as his team mate. Max listened to no one , when the race started to the finish he was only concerned about winning , getting points. He got every ounce out of his car. We all know the results. Dan left being knocked out of the #1 spot. Bottas in his Merc and and Max in his R Bull when it's not breaking down make the podiums. I would like to see Charles take the same out look as Max each race . Push what he has to the limit, A safe DNF or a finish out of the points both equal zero points. Stop thinking 2022 Ferrari will begin moving up front. Quick pit stops and somehow figure out the tires and Charles pushing to the max. Dan Max...Michael ! That's not trolling!

An enjoyable read was the interview with Dan reminiscing in detail having Max as his team mate. Max listened to no one , when the race started to the finish he was only concerned about winning , getting points. He got every ounce out of his car. We all know the results. Dan left being knocked out of the #1 spot. Bottas in his Merc and and Max in his R Bull when it's not breaking down make the podiums. I would like to see Charles take the same out look as Max each race . Push what he has to the limit, A safe DNF or a finish out of the points both equal zero points. Stop thinking 2022 Ferrari will begin moving up front. Quick pit stops and somehow figure out the tires and Charles pushing to the max. Dan Max...Michael ! That's not trolling!
    Charles had the nickname of "Cannibal" back in his F3-F2 days. Apparently, someone in the FDA had given it to him because he absolutely destroyed everyone of his teammates. Even Albon in his beyond the grid talks about his unique ability to find grip in literally any car he was given to drive. Perhaps, that is the reason why he sent Ericsson home and is giving Seb a beating I haven't seen a multiple world champion get. I think by 2022, when he would be done with his maturation phase, he would definitely be the best driver on the grid.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    But then how do you balance that with cost-cutting objectives?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by MSC Fan View Post
    Charles had the nickname of "Cannibal" back in his F3-F2 days. Apparently, someone in the FDA had given it to him because he absolutely destroyed everyone of his teammates. Even Albon in his beyond the grid talks about his unique ability to find grip in literally any car he was given to drive. Perhaps, that is the reason why he sent Ericsson home and is giving Seb a beating I haven't seen a multiple world champion get. I think by 2022, when he would be done with his maturation phase, he would definitely be the best driver on the grid.
    And all this experience of pushing a donkey-Ferrari to its limit week after week will no doubt improve his skills more than his more comfortable counterparts. All that remains is for Ferrari to give him a winner in 2022.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    And all this experience of pushing a donkey-Ferrari to its limit week after week will no doubt improve his skills more than his more comfortable counterparts. All that remains is for Ferrari to give him a winner in 2022.
    As a driver, this year will be excellent for him in terms of developing his abilities and experience.

F1 is just pure crap the fans should have more input after all we pay the extortionate prices.
    why kill all engine upgrades this season is dead and buried. please trend below
    #turnoffF1 #turnoffcroftyF1

I'm so glad to be losing SkyF1 next week, just looking at the SkyF1 programmes coming up tonight

Russian F2 Race 1 replay
    When Toto Met Lewis
    Alfa Romeo feature
    Lewis Hamiltons Secret Cinema
    Mercedes
    Jensons F1 2011 Memories
    Lewis Hamiltons Secret Cinema Silverstone

Russia Qualy Highlights
    Lewis in the W196

No matter what day, 40-60% of all the programmes are on Hamilton. in 30 yrs of watching F1, I've never known a TV channel so obsessed over one driver.
    Why people still pay for this joke, I just don't know.

Don't you realize Michael is still held in higher esteem anywhere in F-1 ? I'm sure Michael gave Todt & Brawn the Ok as far as Lewis getting the " Car" @ Merc or we wouldn't even know his name. Wolf always reminds the media; it was Michael that got Merc where they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    I'm so glad to be losing SkyF1 next week, just looking at the SkyF1 programmes coming up tonight

Russian F2 Race 1 replay
    When Toto Met Lewis
    Alfa Romeo feature
    Mercedes
    Jensons F1 2011 Memories
    Lewis Hamiltons Secret Cinema Silverstone

Russia Qualy Highlights
    Lewis in the W196

No matter what day, 40-60% of all the programmes are on Hamilton. in 30 yrs of watching F1, I've never known a TV channel so obsessed over one driver.
    Why people still pay for this joke, I just don't know.
    When the channel was launched. It was good. They showed classic seasons. Classic races. 60s, 70s and 80s. Used to like it. But over time, that stopped. Just classic button, herbert and hill races oh and lewis races most time. Its terrible now.

The only light on there is they show some of the ferrari challenge races. Which is on today. Its good racing and gt world challenge europe. Which is on today too.

But, you can watch gt world challenge europe on youtube, and ferrari challenge via ferrari.com corse clienti.
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE