Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Vettel or Leclerc

Leclerc starting to look like Max last 2 years. He made mistake today, but his pace seems simply faster then Vettel when it comes to qualifying. This was his pole to lose and he lost it...he put 0.6s on Vettel in Q2 on Mediums. If Kimi was here, he would probably be even firther from Vettel and we would be talking how slow Ferrari is.

Quote Originally Posted by darkchild View Post
    Leclerc starting to look like Max last 2 years. He made mistake today, but his pace seems simply faster then Vettel when it comes to qualifying. This was his pole to lose and he lost it...he put 0.6s on Vettel in Q2 on Mediums. If Kimi was here, he would probably be even firther from Vettel and we would be talking how slow Ferrari is.
    Leclerc was around 3 tenths faster than Seb earlier. In Q2, tyre warm up was an issue, Vettel was miles off the pace on Medium tyres. But in Q3, his laps were very strong. Binotto said the best lap Seb put whole weekend was his last Q3 lap. At the end of Q2, commentators noted that Vettel has started driving aggressively.

I felt gutted for Charles. He really had this in the bag. He was respectfully ahead of vettel, and he would have prbly taken the mercs too.
    But his inexperience prbly showed.
    In anycase, he starts from 10, not a bad place at this track. He can still salvage something from this race.
    Silently, like a shadow

They say there's a lot of pressure when you drive for Ferrari.
    It's early days for Charles, his first season, I think he will improve.
    The last Ferrari driver who didn't buckle under pressure was Kimi in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    They say there's a lot of pressure when you drive for Ferrari.
    It's early days for Charles, his first season, I think he will improve.
    The last Ferrari driver who didn't buckle under pressure was Kimi in 2007.
    Yeah. i hope so. Hes the most talented kid to come on the scene since hamilton in 2007.
    Silently, like a shadow

Look at the way Toto spoke with Charles, they may just sign him up.

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    What a horrible thought, but I'm pretty confident that Ferrari wouldn't let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    What a horrible thought, but I'm pretty confident that Ferrari wouldn't let him go.
    Leclerc's contract wouldn't allow him to go just yet. The only change possible in Mercedes next year is Ocon taking place of Bottas. After all, he did say that he can guarantee that Ocon will be in a Formula 1 car in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by impactX View Post
    Everyone can see that Charles is much better than Vettel, actually the way he progresses, race after race it's obvious he's WDC material.
    Everyone can see that his progress in Ferrari is outstanding, given the races and the time in the car , compared to a 4xWDC who has years in the team.

Of course Toto will be friendly to him, especially when Ferrari is screwing him race after race. Only a fool would not.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Everyone can see that Charles is much better than Vettel, actually the way he progresses, race after race it's obvious he's WDC material.
    Everyone can see that his progress in Ferrari is outstanding, given the races and the time in the car , compared to a 4xWDC who has years in the team.

Of course Toto will be friendly to him, especially when Ferrari is screwing him race after race. Only a fool would not.
    He has to show us first on the track that he is faster, its 3-1 for Seb for now. It can swing back, but Seb is having the qualy advantage for now and in the race also just a little bit quicker. Some drivers like one track more than other, I suspect Leclerc faster in Monaco than Seb, Seb faster in Canada, Austria, and after that I dont know, Singapore its a Seb track also. Its all about the driving style.

Quote Originally Posted by Vettel165 View Post
    He has to show us first on the track that he is faster, its 3-1 for Seb for now. It can swing back, but Seb is having the qualy advantage for now and in the race also just a little bit quicker. Some drivers like one track more than other, I suspect Leclerc faster in Monaco than Seb, Seb faster in Canada, Austria, and after that I dont know, Singapore its a Seb track also. Its all about the driving style.
    No, Vettel doesn't have quali nor pace advantage, he has result advantage (5 pts at that, with 10 Leclerc lost duo to engine going puf when he had dominant display and was on path to victory).

What you are seeing here is Max v Ric pattern...Leclerc after few races getting stronger and stronger, clearly being more impressive ON PACE, while his mistake cost him dearly here when he looked like he will get on pole for 2nd time in 4 races, he still shown pace superior to Vettel.

“Even though obviously FP1, FP2 and FP3 is not very representative, I am disappointed because I felt great in the car. I completely agree with Mattia [Binotto, team principal], I think in the car there was definitely the potential to do pole position.

“I threw all our chances away by touching the wall yesterday. So it’s my mistake, I take responsibility, and today basically it was the best we could do from there. It’s a bit disappointing.

“On the other hand I think there are some positives to take away from the weekend. I think quali pace was definitely stronger than China and race pace was also very close to Mercedes. Now we look forward and I’m pretty sure we’ll come back even stronger in Barcelona.”

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

It would be catastrophic if we lose charles to another team because we are screwing up his races in favour of the second fastest driver of the team.
    Silently, like a shadow

I'd say it is 2 for Vettel, 1 for Leclerc. China was about even. But in terms of speed, Leclerc was at least as fast as Vettel this race.

Look where Merc is so far in WCC contention! Letting Bottas drive without team orders. And Lewis going along with it so as to rack up the points early towards WCC! Lewis for sure went easy on Bottas this race at the start by not jumping out in front. The points come out the same at the end for that WCC win! A few more 1,2 races by either driver and a secured WCC more or less, Lewis knows there's enough season left to go all out for the WDC.
    It's true; Charles is only 2yrs. old in F-1 but he is driving his heart out. Don't hold either driver back. Send out two top cars, best they can. Hire someone new who can better figure out the tires to use! Forget about Sebs past finger waving, he's with Ferrari now. No one gets a car perfect for them. Blaming the tires over and over just don't sound right. I believe Liberty want's those seats filled every race , at every track with the idea of Seb vs. Lewis and Ferrari don't know how to handle doing other wise. Leclerc in Liberty's opinion just won't $$$$$ do it by coming in ahead of Seb. How many times will the Ferrari fans believe it's all about the wrong tire choices?

No, Vettel doesn't have quali nor pace advantage, he has result advantage (5 pts at that, with 10 Leclerc lost duo to engine going puf when he had dominant display and was on path to victory).

What you are seeing here is Max v Ric pattern...Leclerc after few races getting stronger and stronger, clearly being more impressive ON PACE, while his mistake cost him dearly here when he looked like he will get on pole for 2nd time in 4 races, he still shown pace superior to Vettel.
    Exactly this.

Disappointed Since 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    How many times will the Ferrari fans believe it's all about the wrong tire choices?
    You are so right here Brembo.................it's all about strategy or lack of it.

Forza Jules

I think they are 2-2 until now. I would give Australia and Bahrain to Charles, with Seb getting China and Baku. Maybe a plus for Leclerc with that superb drive in Bahrain.

Where's Vettel?

F12019.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by IulianFerrari View Post
    I think they are 2-2 until now. I would give Australia and Bahrain to Charles, with Seb getting China and Baku. Maybe a plus for Leclerc with that superb drive in Bahrain.
    Its 3-1 for Seb in qualy and race...

Its 3-1 for Seb in qualy and race...
    Thanks to silly team orders and a engine problem, but we all know that
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by ALO View Post
    Where's Vettel?

F12019.JPG
    ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Thanks to silly team orders and a engine problem, but we all know that
    Not even close, keep believing this. Seb beat his teammate fair and square in Q3 (Australia, China, Baku). He was much faster on equal tyres in Australia, faster in China and also faster in Baku while they both had the same rubber. Seb had the inferior strategy in Australia, had to pit very early, same in Baku, 44 laps on the mediums and still had the pace. The numbers speak for themself, Seb in the 4 races was still the faster driver, should have won Bahrain though, without his mistake, same can be said that Leclerc would probably won Baku without his mistake. Its always just poor Leclerc who gets the bad strategy, its not true, there were some cases of they give Seb the bad strategy this year, and delusional Leclerc fans just cant see the real picture and accept this.

ouch
    He is here and you?

If Charles, in his first season with Ferrari, didn't have that engine problem in Bahrain, he would be ahead of 4xwdc experienced Ferrari driver Vettel now, fact.

If Charles, in his first season with Ferrari, didn't have that engine problem in Bahrain, he would be ahead of 4xwdc experienced Ferrari driver Vettel now, fact.
    He would didnt deny that, Charles is good and will only get better from now on.

Not even close, keep believing this. Seb beat his teammate fair and square in Q3 (Australia, China, Baku). He was much faster on equal tyres in Australia, faster in China and also faster in Baku while they both had the same rubber. Seb had the inferior strategy in Australia, had to pit very early, same in Baku, 44 laps on the mediums and still had the pace. The numbers speak for themself, Seb in the 4 races was still the faster driver, should have won Bahrain though, without his mistake, same can be said that Leclerc would probably won Baku without his mistake. Its always just poor Leclerc who gets the bad strategy, its not true, there were some cases of they give Seb the bad strategy this year, and delusional Leclerc fans just cant see the real picture and accept this.
    No better than delusional Vettel fans.....Leclerc certainly looks the more likely to win races for us this year, Seb aint even been close.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No better than delusional Vettel fans.....Leclerc certainly looks the more likely to win races for us this year, Seb aint even been close.
    Your profile picture says it all, still bitter Alonso fan after 2010,2012... Seb was the only guy that could bring up the fight to the Mercedes in the new era. 2015 was leading Rosberg in the most of the season in the inferior car, also 2017 he was mega strong, and first part of 2018. Alonso wasnt even close to perfect, mistakes in 2010 cost him the title, and his anger, poor teamplayer cost him the title in 2007 and also cost him that he didnt stay in Mclaren. In every team he went, he absolutely destroyed the good spirit in the team, Mclaren, Ferrari. This is why nobody wants him anymore. Seb might be slower on pure pace than Alonso, but he is a better person after all, much more honest in the interviews and many more (like staying by the team in bad moments, in some weekends for the entire night and helping the mechanics). Never said something bad about his team, like for examble Alonso who was bashing his own team in last year and moaning about it. Hamilton,Vettel, Kimi have this class, Alonso never.
    Last edited by Vettel165; 30th April 2019 at 08:58.

Your profile picture says it all, still bitter Alonso fan after 2010,2012...
    Yes I have been here 20 years just in case Alonso drove for Ferrari, good one And why would I be bitter about 2010 and 2012? Alonso was the best driver by far in both those seasons. If I was bitter it would be thanks to Vettel throwing away a title last year with rookie errors.....
    Forza Ferrari