Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2018 Abu Dhabi GP - practice & qualy thread

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Na, Hamilton and Bottas will pull of into the sunset and finish +25 seconds over any rival. RB and Ferrari get tied up in turn 1...standard Merc doimination race, boring finish to a dismal 2018.
    Hoping for a clean start and we will see from there

83 poles for Lewis ending 2018.

He needs 8 to tie and 9 to break???
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Merc will most likely engineer a win for Bottas then, for once Ham will be the wingman.

I hope the team gets enough motivation to make a much faster car next year. We had plenty of frustration for one season.

It is racing and anything can happen. I just hope Kimi get good last race with Ferrari. And Alonso too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    83 poles for Lewis ending 2018.

He needs 8 to tie and 9 to break???
    He already holds the record?

Yeah, Schumi 68, Hamilton 83

Quote Originally Posted by evo_spook View Post
    He already holds the record?
    Quote Originally Posted by KimiBot View Post
    Yeah, Schumi 68, Hamilton 83
    I'm thinking race wins, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    I'm thinking race wins, sorry.
    I'm not sure he has the years or the merc dominance to take the wins title

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrarichamp View Post
    Merc will most likely engineer a win for Bottas then, for once Ham will be the wingman.
    I don’t think so it will happen. Ham’s ego won’t agree for it. Anyways it all depends on start.
    Mad max fury sequel on the way

Ferrari were keeping up with merc or holding little edge in S1 & S2. It’s sector 3, which is costing a lot.
    The same thing happened in Mexico too.

Mercs used to struggle on HS in the past, but now they’ve overcome their issue. Singapore package/upgrade was strong from them. This is were ferrari fell behind.

Hope ferrari concentrate on more DF next year.

But still I give credit to ferrari Becoz they might have potential to extract from the car as this year’s car is new concept from them.

I forgot about Q, and I am not sorry for not watching it...

Russell wins the race....AND BECOMES OUR 2018 CHAMPION!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dsx2cLIWwAEktpn.jpg

F2 start had its share of moments. Charlie trying to dodge debris. Latifi stalls it on the start.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dsxpp9RXoAEAkjs.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DsxpxYjXcAAHfW6.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dsxp45EW0AI76Af.jpg

Formula 2 2018 Abu Dhabi starting crash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUNJ818S05M

Hopefully this may be the last HAM pole for a while, it's become a complete bore-fest, so the Ferrari ragazzi had better get their fingers out and provide us with a real prancing horse in 2019. Even Seb says as much but we all know it's easier said than done, and the drivers need the the same confidence they had at the start of 2018 and not let it be forced to evaporate in the second half. We've locked out row 2 for what it's worth, but the thought of another HAM victory is enough to drive me to the bottle.

It looks like Merc will win but in Brazil RB almost won, should have won really even though they qualified half a second slower I think. So anything can happen even though it doesn't look good for Ferrari or RB right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari were keeping up with merc or holding little edge in S1 & S2. It’s sector 3, which is costing a lot.
    The same thing happened in Mexico too.

Mercs used to struggle on HS in the past, but now they’ve overcome their issue. Singapore package/upgrade was strong from them. This is were ferrari fell behind.

Hope ferrari concentrate on more DF next year.

But still I give credit to ferrari Becoz they might have potential to extract from the car as this year’s car is new concept from them.
    well to be frank, what do you EXPECT from Ferrari, a team that has NOT had upgrades taht worked properly since MONZA??

our car has been stripped down to almost Spa package, a package that the team knew it worked fine adn well....so to somewhat keep up with the Merc and ONLY be down three tenths or so to POLE is outstanding; it shows taht our engine is pretty strong and with a bit more work on the aero/downforce for next season, i think we can take the fight to them and win the championship....of course Vet needs to be more cool headed and have an almost PERFECT season with no mistakes as he's prolly gonna have a tough competition NOT only from Lewis but also red bull if Honda delivers a good engine for 2019
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I forgot about Q, and I am not sorry for not watching it...
    Stefa, you did NOT miss much.....i'm surprised we were ONLY three tenths or so down from POLE with a car that has NOT had any working upgrades since SPA......SAD BUT TRUE.....one just has to imagine where we'd be if those updates worked spot ON.....but the didn't and we are where we are and we fight with what we have....
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

so is hamilton having a new engine?? if so that means he will start further back NO????

unless he's using the same engine that may blow up yet again this race......

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so is hamilton having a new engine?? if so that means he will start further back NO????

same engine that supposed to be blown up since Russia Gp lol bottas had to lose because hams engine was on its way out supposedly ... lmao bamboozled
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

Certain parts were allowed to be replaced.

well to be frank, what do you EXPECT from Ferrari, a team that has NOT had upgrades taht worked properly since MONZA??

our car has been stripped down to almost Spa package, a package that the team knew it worked fine adn well....so to somewhat keep up with the Merc and ONLY be down three tenths or so to POLE is outstanding; it shows taht our engine is pretty strong and with a bit more work on the aero/downforce for next season, i think we can take the fight to them and win the championship....of course Vet needs to be more cool headed and have an almost PERFECT season with no mistakes as he's prolly gonna have a tough competition NOT only from Lewis but also red bull if Honda delivers a good engine for 2019
    Well, AMuS said that we figure out (and solve) our factory / track correlation issues. So might do something good next year.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

F1 paddock pays tribute to Fernando

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well, AMuS said that we figure out (and solve) our factory / track correlation issues. So might do something good next year.
    we've had the same issue over and over again with corellation between wind tunnel/CFD and track since......well since the UNLIMITED track testing was banned back in 2009......so it's nothing new from Ferrari....

i'll believe it when i see it that our corellation issues are now fixed.....time will tell

we've had the same issue over and over again with corellation between wind tunnel/CFD and track since......well since the UNLIMITED track testing was banned back in 2009......so it's nothing new from Ferrari....

i'll believe it when i see it that our corellation issues are now fixed.....time will tell
    I would say this is their COPY and PASTE answer, when they don't know what the hell is going on

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I would say this is their COPY and PASTE answer, when they don't know what the hell is going on
    I can just see Domenicali suddenly waking up from a nightmare, in the middle of the night, and yelling "It isn't our fault, it's the correlation between wind tunnel and track, it isn't our fault"... Then his wife/mistress calms him down...

lol i think if there were two championships for each half of the season, ferrari might beable to fight for both trophies in the first half, lol second half will be the aye yai yai part of the year
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)