Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Canadian GP: Practices and Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    They are starting on HS. We are starting on US.
    Yeah, that was what I meant

We need to capitalize on Ham's P4, hopefully Seb will convert todays pole into win tomorrow.

And hopefully no brain fade moment from our pit wall tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    I think Leclerc is ready to go for 2019. He doesn't need to start beating Vettel from the go, rather learn from Seb and become Ferrari's next star.

And again the media were completely sure of Hamilton and Mercedes returning to the top... Seriously, journalism is not living its finest hour at the moment.
    Yup Leclerc is star material definetly. But for me give him a year at haas against K-mag who is a tough nut too. Then come 2020 Leclerc to ferrari.

Yaaay! lion lap by Seb, sucks for Kimi, another mistake :(, kinda surprised RB are that quick on an engine track, and old engine mercs are that close, hopefully Seb can convert it to pole . the team deserve a victory
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!
    lol ignore the bitter old cows ;-)

So does this mean we dont have any issues with FIA monitoring etc..... ?

Quote Originally Posted by zike View Post
    Yeah, that was what I meant
    I think vet starting on more rubbered clean side & should have some advantage.
    But I’m scared of mad max who’s behind vettel & that too more aggressive tyres.
    Kimi needs good start to jump ham, that’s the good thing needed from him. Else he will stay at that 5th only.

Quote Originally Posted by bondilad View Post
    So does this mean we dont have any issues with FIA monitoring etc..... ?
    It looks like it, but seb added "running out of juice" at the radio msg i wonder why. more worried Gro engine failed
    hockenheim 2018 / China 2018 : Never forget how quick Ferrari can lose it all, be humble.
    Positivity doesn't win you championships, whining about people being negative makes you blind!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    We need to capitalize on Ham's P4, hopefully Seb will convert todays pole into win tomorrow.

And hopefully no brain fade moment from our pit wall tomorrow.
    Quali on US gives straight 1stop race. US long stint then to HS final stint

I think vet starting on more rubbered clean side & should have some advantage.
    But I’m scared of mad max who’s behind vettel & that too more aggressive tyres.
    Kimi needs good start to jump ham, that’s the good thing needed from him. Else he will stay at that 5th only.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by mwk360 View Post
    It looks like it, but seb added "running out of juice" at the radio msg i wonder why. more worried Gro engine failed
    Hey bro, why do u always look on negative side when positive thing is happened.
    Just be cool, vet & Ferrari on pole. Ferrari need to maximise this before those merc-Pirelli relationship tracks come.

Did anyone know the sector 3 time from Vettels pole lap?

Quali on US gives straight 1stop race. US long stint then to HS final stint
    I thought they were going for US - SS, im worried about the hypers life , maybe less fuel at the end could make it easier

Don't think one stop is possible tomorrow. Optimal strategy would be : US-SS-HS

Hey bro, why do u always look on negative side when positive thing is happened.
    Just be cool, vet & Ferrari on pole. Ferrari need to maximise this before those merc-Pirelli relationship tracks come.
    im sorry man about the negative/positive thing,

and i really thought he said that i think brundle repeated it too.

I thought they were going for US - SS, im worried about the hypers life , maybe less fuel at the end could make it easier
    This is what RB gambled against its drivers. US might come into play with less fuel on board when others are on old HS.

Ferrari could put some money for Sauber in exchange for Giovinazzi. Ericsson is absolutely terrible. Whatever our struggles in this decade, FDA is a very successful programme that help develop many great drivers.

Hopefully Vettel pulls away at the start and leave others to battle in his wake. Kimi could do some job by getting ahead of Hamilton at the start. My worry is Max jumping Bottas from dirty side and having softer tyres then hassle Vettel for the lead. Red Bull's race pace is strong and Max won't back down.

First Ferrari pole in Canada since 2001

Not much deg on HS & US. So expecting 1stop.
    On other note, Ferrari didn’t use SS in race sim fp2

SS should beable to make it a 1 stop imo, US - SS, but US - HS might need a third pitstop

Not much deg on HS & US. So expecting 1stop.
    On other note, Ferrari didn’t use SS in race sim fp2
    Dang, Seb said he hit the wall a little yesterday, i wonder if he was going to run it

Quote Originally Posted by Michal2_F1 View Post
    Ferrari could put some money for Sauber in exchange for Giovinazzi. Ericsson is absolutely terrible. Whatever our struggles in this decade, FDA is a very successful programme that help develop many great drivers.

Hopefully Vettel pulls away at the start and leave others to battle in his wake. Kimi could do some job by getting ahead of Hamilton at the start. My worry is Max jumping Bottas from dirty side and having softer tyres then hassle Vettel for the lead. Red Bull's race pace is strong and Max won't back down.
    If that’s the case, vettel should delay max in overtaking him. That makes RB vulnerable interms of strategy.
    If max gets jump over vettel early, then it’s pretty hard for vettel in the 2nd stint to pull that.
    But I think Ferrari is fast on that straight. They can get it done.

Ham locked up his US tyres. Kimi should be aware.

Bottas with an old engine only 1 tenths down to vettel. But I think the engines are not making a huge difference. I think Kimi could beat Bottas with his old power unit.

Another masterful Q3 by Seb. Too bad about Kimi's last try though. The team really needed him a little bit higher. P3 would have been OK. I think both RBR's will be sitting ducks on the straight so he should be able to pass Max in the race or Ricciardo if he needs to. But Seb really needs to win this one or the season is over should Hamilton and Bottas score a 1-2. The team really needs to outscore Merc by one driver each. A 1-3 is minimum. That's a 10 point swing. If it goes the other way or worse I think it will be over.

Dang, Seb said he hit the wall a little yesterday, i wonder if he was going to run it
    He went on US I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 512 TR View Post
    Another masterful Q3 by Seb. Too bad about Kimi's last try though. The team really needed him a little bit higher. P3 would have been OK. I think both RBR's will be sitting ducks on the straight so he should be able to pass Max in the race or Ricciardo if he needs to. But Seb really needs to win this one or the season is over should Hamilton and Bottas score a 1-2. The team really needs to outscore Merc by one driver each. A 1-3 is minimum. That's a 10 point swing. If it goes the other way or worse I think it will be over.
    Problem for kimi two mercs car & 1RB ahead of him.
    Either he needs a good start or strong race pace. I highly doubt the later would happen.

1. Vettel (US) - 2. Bottas (US)
    3. Verstappen (HS) - 4. Hamilton (damaged US)
    5. Raikkonen (US) - 6. Ricciardo (US)

So that's 5 out of 7 qualifying sessions quicker than Mercedes. Only losses came in Australia where the car was still faulty and Spain on Mercedes tyres.

Really disappointed for Kimi's mistake, would have been key to see him ahead of Hamilton.

Max being anywhere other than the pit late at the start scares the poop out of me.

Credit Giov, for the sim running, he is the best at the sim lol, mad max behind, not sure how to feel about that right now, really happy Seb has pole, wish Kimi was along side

btw. great job by Gio! He helped a lot to find the right setup.

Vettel said he made a mistake in the last lap. So the gap would be even bigger, maybe 2 tenths to Bottas.