Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maurizio Arrivabene interview

Maurizio Arrivabene interview

The new team boss, meanwhile, is the former Marlboro branding executive Maurizio Arrivabene, who this week has given one of his first interviews to the Ferrari media insider Leo Turrini.

He told Turrini's Quotidiano blog: "When people ask me when things will change on the track, I reply that I do not have a magic wand.

"In 2015 it would be enough to win a couple of races - one with Vettel, one with Raikkonen.

"Seb is beginning to understand what Ferrari is. Kimi knows already and, incidentally, Kimi has the advantage of being a normal guy in a world - Formula One - where many, but fortunately not Vettel, are quick to lose touch with reality," Arrivabene added.

"None of us are here to regret the past. We are all here to build the future.

"I have no doubts about our president (Sergio) Marchionne's dedication to our battle. You'll see with time the concerns of those who do not know him will vanish," he predicted.

Arrivabene also spoke more broadly about the state of today's F1, saying: "At the political level, Ferrari asks not what is right for our company, but what is right for anyone who loves the sport.

"Whoever runs the racing world has to realise there is an audience to regain. I'm not interested in speeches about Rolex, I want a Formula One that is as popular as the Olympics and the World Cup.

"It once was so, and we have to go back to those levels," he insisted.

Thanks for posting this interview
    Maurizio Arrivabene fanpage:www.facebook.com/maurizioarrivabene

Well it's the same sort of statement LdM has said about the political level being about the health of F1. We'll see how he does without a magic wand.
    How much of an impact can Bell have for 2015, just like Allison this past year, unless he brings a lot of Merc insider info?
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

"Seb is beginning to understand what Ferrari is. Kimi knows already and, incidentally, Kimi has the advantage of being a normal guy in a world - Formula One - where many, but fortunately not Vettel, are quick to lose touch with reality," Arrivabene added.

Alonso lost touch with reality? Or what he means?

Great interview! I hope he can help bring F1 interest back, and most important Ferrari back, or if not as far as cleaning house at Ferrari goes Arrivabene will be Arrivedercci !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Great interview! I hope he can help bring F1 interest back, and most important Ferrari back, or if not as far as cleaning house at Ferrari goes Arrivabene will be Arrivedercci !
    Agree. Very hot seat indeed. We have labelled it the hottest seat @ Maranello...

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I think he realizes the uphill battle Ferrari faces, no talk of a championship in 2015, instead lowered expectations:

"In 2015 it would be enough to win a couple of races - one with Vettel, one with Raikkonen."

At first I didn't like at all about the idea of having some tobacco guy in lead, but after I've read his interviews he seems to be man of reason, so far at least.

++And those guys from tobacco industry MUST be very smart, otherwise there wouldn't be such industry anymore++
    Last edited by Winter; 12th December 2014 at 12:22.

to get rich relying on people's addiction is not that smart
    not gonna change my profile picture

He is the old guard, commercial wise, Ferrari will be more than secure if Santander decides to leave after 2017.

$ is important for racing, so financially we are in good hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Katu View Post

Morally yes, financially no

God gave us free will my friend. Without it we'd be nothing more than the animals that roam the earth.

People can be addicted to a lot of things, doesn't mean the people that supply the goods are bad people. They are making a living just like you and I.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by ManFromMilan View Post
    Morally yes, financially no
    There is a lack of morality at most companies in this world. We just don't get to see it. Decisions that are made in board rooms often hurt the common man. Just because a product doesn't seem harmful, doesn't mean the company is morally right. With all the regulations in place against Big Tobacco they are probably running a tight ship.

Look at the decisions made from big financial institutions that caused a worldwide depression. Car makers that knowingly sold dangerous cars. Airbag suppliers that are fighting doing the right thing to repair faulty airbags that explode and kill, etc etc. The world is full of immoral companies.

It is unfair to judge a company and a person solely on the product they sell.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    God gave us free will my friend. Without it we'd be nothing more than the animals that roam the earth.

People can be addicted to a lot of things, doesn't mean the people that supply the goods are bad people. They are making a living just like you and I.
    so you're saying that drug dealers are actually good people, because users have their free will to use drugs?
    not gonna change my profile picture

so you're saying that drug dealers are actually good people, because users have their free will to use drugs?
    Drugs are against the law. Cigarettes are not. Try again.

Comparing Mr. Arrivabene to a drug dealer is a bit harsh as well.
    Forza Ferrari!!

Quote Originally Posted by NickEice View Post
    Drugs are against the law. Cigarettes are not. Try again.

Comparing Mr. Arrivabene to a drug dealer is a bit harsh as well.
    Cigarette companies are drug dealers. The business is legal and at least partially socially accepted but it is entirely up to succesful lobbying by Arrivabene and kind. The regulations would be even more strict and smokers would be social outcasts if these companies haven't spend their blood money to false science and immoral lawyers.

That's where Mr. Arrivabene comes to picture. Ferrari need a lobbyist in a strict regulatory environment. A great choice in that sense.

Red Bull, Martini, Johnny Walker, Brembo's wire brakes, all part of what keeps F1 going.

All the moral issues aside (only because I find it unpleasant to go down that path), I think MA has a bit more gravitas, MM seemed a lightweight in comparison. These are just my opinions, not based on much more than what little I've read in the press releases plus MM looks like he still has a "baby face".

Oh, I know I'll hear it for that... but come on, you know what I mean:xmasbiggrin:
    Forza Ferrari !
    "You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." - Juan Manuel Fangio

Okay speed kills, can we stop the internal bickering now :xmassmile:

Cigs, alcohol, too much of anything deteriorates the common human being by a percentage of living.

Let's stop fighting, thread was meant to be MA's 2 cents on what he sees in the near future of the team.

We will soon see if he can last a full season. My gut feelings says he can :xmaswink:

Quote Originally Posted by Dromedary View Post
    Cigarette companies are drug dealers. The business is legal and at least partially socially accepted but it is entirely up to succesful lobbying by Arrivabene and kind. The regulations would be even more strict and smokers would be social outcasts if these companies haven't spend their blood money to false science and immoral lawyers.

That's where Mr. Arrivabene comes to picture. Ferrari need a lobbyist in a strict regulatory environment. A great choice in that sense.
    Agree. If tobacco would be invented now days, it would be totally illegal product. It's those smart tobacco mans, their money and dirty lawyers that keeps the poison legal.

By the way, can someone tell me why Philip Morris is still our sponsor? I mean what they get out of it, we can't advertise them, but they give us the money. I doubt that most of F1 audience doesn't even know that they are shoveling money to us.
    Last edited by Winter; 13th December 2014 at 17:45.

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Okay speed kills, can we stop the internal bickering now :xmassmile:

Cigs, alcohol, too much of anything deteriorates the common human being by a percentage of living.

Let's stop fighting, thread was meant to be MA's 2 cents on what he sees in the near future of the team.

We will soon see if he can last a full season. My gut feelings says he can :xmaswink:

:xmassmile: +1
    Forza Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by Dromedary View Post

Cigarette companies are simply filling a niche, like any other company. As long as there are people in the world who willingly choose to ruin their own health by inhaling toxic smoke, there will always be cigarette companies. Or do you guys think that if companies like Marlboro, Camel and etc. wouldn't exist then people wouldn't smoke? That's a laugh! There would still be someone who would start a cigarette company because the demand is ever present. People do have a free choice and who wants to start smoking will do so one way or the other, and who doesn't, will never start, no matter how many cigarette companies there are. And it's wrong to blame cigarette companies for ruining people's health, cause if you're going to blame cigarette companies for providing what people themselves want, then are you also going to blame fast food companies like McDonald's and Burger King for ruining people's health and making them obese by selling them greasy hamburgers and french fries (excessive eating is an addiction as well)? Or do you blame car companies for selling people dangerous vehicles that can get them killed? The bottom line is that cigarette companies don't kill people, smoking kills people. Just like cars and car companies don't kill people, but people's own choice to speed and ignore traffic laws kills people. And I think calling cigarette companies as "drug dealers" is really a bit harsh.
    KEEP CALM AND LOVE FERRARI

We heading way off topic here.

:xmasrolleyes:
    CAVALLINO RAMPANTE PER SEMPRE

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    We heading way off topic here.

:xmasrolleyes:
    Cigarette is bad, you know (As Felipe says)? :xmasbiggrin:
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

I've heard Sergio March... is a pro chain smoker.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    I've heard Sergio March... is a pro chain smoker.
    What?
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    What?
    He is apparently chain smoker.
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by AfterLife View Post
    He is apparently chain smoker.
    I am not really sure what that has to do with anything other than the fact he gets free fags.
    Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie View Post
    I am not really sure what that has to do with anything other than the fact he gets free fags.
    I don't think so. Does he!
    I am not sure what I am responding! Is there any misunderstanding?
    ||||||||||||||||||||||

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Horse View Post
    Cigarette companies are simply filling a niche, like any other company. As long as there are people in the world who willingly choose to ruin their own health by inhaling toxic smoke, there will always be cigarette companies. Or do you guys think that if companies like Marlboro, Camel and etc. wouldn't exist then people wouldn't smoke? That's a laugh! There would still be someone who would start a cigarette company because the demand is ever present. People do have a free choice and who wants to start smoking will do so one way or the other, and who doesn't, will never start, no matter how many cigarette companies there are. And it's wrong to blame cigarette companies for ruining people's health, cause if you're going to blame cigarette companies for providing what people themselves want, then are you also going to blame fast food companies like McDonald's and Burger King for ruining people's health and making them obese by selling them greasy hamburgers and french fries (excessive eating is an addiction as well)? Or do you blame car companies for selling people dangerous vehicles that can get them killed? The bottom line is that cigarette companies don't kill people, smoking kills people. Just like cars and car companies don't kill people, but people's own choice to speed and ignore traffic laws kills people. And I think calling cigarette companies as "drug dealers" is really a bit harsh.
    These companies are heavily pushing their product to children in developing counties. You call that filling a niche market?

Your standard pusher selling meth in the corner of the street is a more honest guy than these executives in cigarette companies. They both are filling the demand of deadly product. The difference is that the former isn't pushing his product aggressively to new markets.