PDA

View Full Version : Team radio open to public

Hermann
22nd July 2010, 17:51
Interesting if true. This was published by 'auto motor und sport' today. All radio communication will be public now (except those where drivers are swearing).

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/freier-formel-1-funk-keine-funksperre-ab-gp-deutschland-1939828.html

Also, concerning the stewards: from now on the racedirector will not give 'advices' anymore to the teams. The teams will decide themselves what to do. Latest after 90 seconds, the stewards will have to show the result over the screens.

Suzie
22nd July 2010, 18:43
Er if this is true, does this mean we would get Massa/Smedley in ALL it's glory? :-E

Hermann
22nd July 2010, 18:48
Er if this is true, does this mean we would get Massa/Smedley in ALL it's glory? :-E

I suppose so :lol

The article is stating that from the german GP on, teams will not have the possibility anymore to avoid their radio communication going public.

Means for the race strategies, we will probably hear drivers talking about the weather ( code for: i'll go into the pits next lap) lol...

Suzie
22nd July 2010, 18:49
I assume it will still depend on FOM (?) about what is broadcast during the race though?

Agron
22nd July 2010, 19:18
Interesting if true. This was published by 'auto motor und sport' today. All radio communication will be public now (except those where drivers are swearing).

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/formel-1/freier-formel-1-funk-keine-funksperre-ab-gp-deutschland-1939828.html

Also, concerning the stewards: from now on the racedirector will not give 'advices' anymore to the teams. The teams will decide themselves what to do. Latest after 90 seconds, the stewards will have to show the result over the screens.Everything I see there is awesome.
To ask for advice from RC has been a liability more often than not, what good does asking the referee do when he can take whatever decision later regardless of what he told you?
Now the teams will have to decide those things on the spot, it's likely the Silverstone mess wouldn't have happened under those rules as teams would need to be more cautious.

The radio communication being open should be great too, we will get more inside info on drivers and technical things. Massa&Smedley radio should be interesting, but so will Alonso&Stella, apparently they are talking the whole race.

WS6TransAm01
22nd July 2010, 19:37
That would be cool. but then the drivers and teams will all talk in code or something. Pig-latin... who knows. i would make up rediculous code words, really offencive once or put a curse in between every normal word so that they would not broadcast it.

Something like "#$%@ box %^&* this #%^* lap @$^$" Just play a track in the background of someone saying the f-word over and over while you talk to the driver. I doubt any TV station will air that lol.

I don't like the idea of everyone knowing what teams are saying on their coms. If you can hear Felipe, so can McLaren. I would rather not know if it means our rivals not knowing.

justjesper
22nd July 2010, 21:43
Good news :-)

eriknaa
22nd July 2010, 22:25
That woulds be great, what they could do, is also that every team will stream their communication on the website.
Would not that be cool.
Anyhow great news, hopefully we wil hear some really interesting comments

bkircher
23rd July 2010, 01:00
If their communitcations are going to be public, how does said "public" get to listen to them??

voiko
23rd July 2010, 04:21
This would make sense with the HD broadcast or wateva said to introduce the option to follow a particular driver at the click of a button.. watch any camera u want and probably listen to just the radio logs for a certain team / driver!

Katu
23rd July 2010, 09:06
too bad monty is not anymore in action, that stuff would be brilliant - oh dear :lol i truly hope we could hear other nicknames Felipe Baby has

Alonsomaniac
23rd July 2010, 20:58
too bad monty is not anymore in action, that stuff would be brilliant - oh dear :lol i truly hope we could hear other nicknames Felipe Baby has

I suppose Monty would have become Juan Beep-beep Montoya then??;-)

racingbradley
23rd July 2010, 21:15
To listen to Smedley - Massa radio would certainly be interesting!!!!!
Personally I do not like the idea since it means rival teams will also hear the communication.:-??

Hermann
23rd July 2010, 21:26
To listen to Smedley - Massa radio would certainly be interesting!!!!!
Personally I do not like the idea since it means rival teams will also hear the communication.:-??

Yes like we can hear theirs. Its the same for all, and the data transfer between the cars and the pitwall will still be confidential, so they just need to think of some 'code words'. I suspect we won't hear much more from that than usual though; on RTL, the commentators don't even stop talking about Vettel, Schumacher or Rosberg during the public transfers. They are a pair of blabbermouths *sigh*

impactX
24th July 2010, 03:59
Awesome, so if someone doesn't want to gets listened to, all he has to do is to keep swearing on the radio. :D

Katu
24th July 2010, 04:56
I suppose Monty would have become Juan Beep-beep Montoya then??;-)

no i don't mean only his swearing, he is actually capable of joking:lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCsKujaxs4

hogo
24th July 2010, 07:45
That woulds be great, what they could do, is also that every team will stream their communication on the website.

They could do this yeah! But iff they won't I doubt we will notice anything different from what we are hearing now and its only a little bits of information.

Stormsearcher
24th July 2010, 07:59
no i don't mean only his swearing, he is actually capable of joking:lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heCsKujaxs4

lol.. JPM was awesome. I remember one radio communication where he calls Raikkonen a bleeping idiot. hahaha... He pit to car comm would have been great fun.