PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Newey at Ferrari would not work?

steelstallions
16th June 2011, 06:00
I keep hearing on here and on other sites how great it would be to have Adrian Newey at Ferrari.
IMO Adrian Newey based and living in Italy or any other country would be a disaster.
Some people are set in their ways when it comes to lifestyle and he is one of them. Take away the structure they know, living in England and regardless that he travels the world, his rock is this island.
It would be like Ian Rush going to Italy. Fantastic player in the UK, a flop in Italy. They tried to blame it on tighter Italian defending, yet he unlocked the best defences before his move. Never learned the language, never adopted the culture and he was back in the UK the next season.
Adrian Newey knows what he really wants, and unless Ferrari relocate from Maranello to the UK!!!:-E, he will not join them.
Ferrari should never make him a financial offer he cannot refuse, IMO it will be wasted money.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ian_Rush

xpman
16th June 2011, 07:34
mmmmmmmmmmmm you not heard of a bloke called John Barnard he did a decent job for Ferrari living in England and if it was Not for the Stupidity Mansell, Prost would won the WDC.
also I would Not want Newey as I rather have Gordon Murray Any day of the week working for Ferrari.

kazi
16th June 2011, 12:12
mmmmmmmmmmmm you not heard of a bloke called John Barnard he did a decent job for Ferrari living in England and if it was Not for the Stupidity Mansell, Prost would won the WDC.
also I would Not want Newey as I rather have Gordon Murray Any day of the week working for Ferrari.

Lets face it, both Murray and Byrne are over 65 now. They're not exactly a safe bet for the future...

Newey on the other hand is still only in his mid 50's.

Greig
16th June 2011, 12:18
Bernard was a massive failure with his UK workshop, Ferrari will not do that again.

Rob
16th June 2011, 12:24
Bernard was a massive failure with his UK workshop, Ferrari will not do that again.

no way would they.

If he doesnt want to join us, no big problem. Go for his number 2 :lol;-)

ferrari4life
16th June 2011, 12:52
I would rather we beat Newey on the track. we dominated him for a while in the early 2000's. we can do it again.

alogoc
16th June 2011, 13:05
whit tHe recurces like ferrari's pat sydmons can do a better job than newey

Fiondella
16th June 2011, 13:40
whit te recurces like ferrari's pat sydmons can do a better job than newey

what?

xpman
16th June 2011, 16:55
how can you say that when Prost lost the title for 2 reason 1 his team mate Mansell for pride or what ever decided to overtake Prost for the win in Portuguese gp when Mansell had No chance winning the wdc, in todays Ferrari Luca would gona Belistic !!! 2nd: Japan Senna ran Prost off the track !!! and thats why Prost lost the title in Barnard designed Ferrari . Barnard did Not designe a dud Ferrari for Prost/ Mansell and also dont forget back then was the time of Stupid internal politics and the V12 debate. dont get me wrong I think was abit Kooookoooo Ferrari agreing to Barnards demands about staying in England etc also Newey,Byrne Murray etc are far better designers than Barnard anyday of the week .

Greig
16th June 2011, 17:04
how can you say that when Prost lost the title for 2 reason 1 his team mate Mansell for pride or what ever decided to overtake Prost for the win in Portuguese gp when Mansell had No chance winning the wdc, in todays Ferrari Luca would gona Belistic !!! 2nd: Japan Senna ran Prost off the track !!! and thats why Prost lost the title in Barnard designed Ferrari . Barnard did Not designe a dud Ferrari for Prost/ Mansell and also dont forget back then was the time of Stupid internal politics and the V12 debate. dont get me wrong I think was abit Kooookoooo Ferrari agreing to Barnards demands about staying in England etc also Newey,Byrne Murray etc are far better designers than Barnard anyday of the week .

Was a disaster Ferrari admitted as such the second time around

scuderiafan
16th June 2011, 17:13
the god awful 96 Ferrari was desgined by Barnard. it wasnt his fault, as he was a very good engineer, but he was in england, while the engine guys were in Italy.

imagine trying to make these crazy engine map EBD things, if the engine dept is in another country to the aero dept!

REDARMYSOJA
16th June 2011, 20:57
The worst thing about Barnard was, that's where we got Stepney from.

Nova
16th June 2011, 21:02
Barnard did design a few really good cars, so he did a few bow wows...
but some of his cars won wcc's and helped the drivers to win wdc's, so
I wouldnt say he was a failure. I think time actually past him at 1 point
and his designs were no longer relevant.

Nova
16th June 2011, 21:03
Who does Pat Sydmons work for?

Brakefade
16th June 2011, 21:13
I would take any of them over Costa. What, too soon?

siberianlady
16th June 2011, 21:40
Do we really need Newey? Team did OK without him for many years so can't be we only have idiots now.........

killer
17th June 2011, 02:09

http://www.ferrari-forever.com/images/1996_F310_558x372.jpg

Good thing Rory gave us this, eh mate? :-)

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~colesj/F300Side.jpg

RedRebel40
17th June 2011, 10:48
http://www.ferrari-forever.com/images/1996_F310_558x372.jpg

Good thing Rory gave us this, eh mate? :-)

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~colesj/F300Side.jpg

well the 1996 Ferrari gave us three wins, this year we still don't have a win :(

Rob
17th June 2011, 12:34
well the 1996 Ferrari gave us three wins, this year we still don't have a win :(

that will change soon :-D

scuderiafan
17th June 2011, 16:14

more down to michaels brilliance.

but i think this will win more than 3.

Nova
17th June 2011, 19:50
Barnards 639/640 was brilliant..

I think Ferrari should hire Jay Leno as chief engineer..
that way, if he designs a car that is not so good, he can tell jokes,
n we can all just laff....or start threads about who is going to replace Massa.

Ferrarichamp
17th June 2011, 21:12
ok, I now want to hear a Jay Leno F1 joke :-G
apparently he has quite a collection of cars, including McLaren road cars, but no Ferrari?:-!

Gerhard Berger
19th June 2011, 12:02
I don't think the reason Newey rejected us was because he didn't want to move to Italy.

You have to understand that he's very happy at Red Bull. When he was Leyton House he his ideas were constrained by the tight budget. Whilst at Williams his ideas were stiffled by Patrick Head. At Mclaren the design team changed every other years. Red Bull is a relatively new team who aren't set in their ways (unlike like Mclaren, Williams and Ferrari). He has a large budget and gets full creative freedom to design the car how he wants. I'm not sure he would get this at Ferrari - we are too set in our ways.

tpe
19th June 2011, 13:07
OK, I am tired of all that Newey posts. AN is an excellent designer. OK, we got that. How many years did he spent in RB beeing at best in 4th place? How may?
How many years did he spent behind Ferrari signed by Rory Byrne?
He got it right though with the new regulation. He had an excellent start, and he capilized that. But, I don't believe in miracles. I believe in team work. And as soon as Ferrari start to innovate and not copy, it will be better for them.

sav_pap
21st June 2011, 09:42
I wish we start win!