PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari's Montezemolo has faith in Domenicali

vcs316
2nd July 2011, 17:24
Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has put his support behind team principal Stefano Domenicali, despite a poor start to the season which sees the famous Italian marque trail reigning champions Red Bull by 166 points after just 8 races. Montezemolo said he had faith in his fellow countryman that the situation would improve and urged his team to keep pushing hard.

Ferrari failed to finish on the podium in the first three races of the year, and since then Fernando Alonso has picked up two second places and one third place, but still lies 99 points behind Sebastian Vettel, equal to almost four race victories. Despite the monumental gap however, Montezemolo is not letting his team give up.

“In the past few days, I have gone over the situation with Stefano Domenicali and his engineers,” said Montezemolo. “We are working flat out and one can see improvements compared to the early races and this is partly down to adopting a different approach to the development of the car.

“We know the situation in both championships is very difficult, but I don't want to hear any talk of giving in: we must try to progress continuously and to fight for the win at every race, which is a must for Ferrari.

“Obviously, we have also started talking about the 2012 car, which is normal for this time of year. I have faith in what Domenicali and his team are doing and I am convinced we will see the results of their work.”

Montezemolo added that he was pleased to see the sport revert to a V6 engine formula from 2014 onwards, having been vehemently opposed to the previously-agreed 4-cylinder engine.

“The choice of having a V6 turbo engine as from 2014 is the right one and I am pleased to note that common sense prevailed,” he continued. “It shows we are working together without pointless counter-proposals or diktat, if it leads to the best outcome for the good of this sport.”

xpman
3rd July 2011, 16:55
kiss of death then he be out hahah anybody whos I have complete confidence in a person well he might well start packing .