PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi Delays F1 Layout tweak Until 2012

Rob
4th July 2011, 19:26
Monday 4 July at 16:01 : Jul.4 (GMM) Organisers of the Abu Dhabi grand prix have decided against immediately tweaking the layout of its formula one circuit.

Changes were considered after last year's processional season finale as Yas Marina, but postponed when the Pirelli tyres and 'DRS' system contributed to more exciting races so far in 2011.

"We (have) decided, rather than spend a whole lot of money making these changes, we'll wait and see how 2011 goes first," chief executive Richard Cregan told The National.

He said plans to amend the circuit can be easily rolled out in the future as they have been finalised and approved by designer Hermann Tilke.

"The plans are effectively postponed until we see how things go at this year's race," confirmed Cregan.

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dailyf1news/nieuw/article/14782-Abu+Dhabi+delays+F1+layout+tweak+until+2012.html

i know it may seem good idea to wait and see how this years race go. But, the new rules and tyres "to spice up the show" didnt really help in Valencia. I enjoyed Valencia, due to fact that we were able to fight up front. Anyway, Abu Dullbi, has always been bit of a boring race, i like to see that im wrong this year, but Valencia wasnt the greatest. Again. So not looking promising for Abu Dullbi

Tifosi
4th July 2011, 21:03
approved by Tilke :lol

That really makes me feel confident that they are on to something!

scuderiafan
4th July 2011, 21:42
approved by Tilke :lol

That really makes me feel confident that they are on to something!

thats what i was thinking. i really wanted this track to be amazing, when it was announced. it is such a shame, because driving round it, it seems that a couple changes, and it could be very good, even Tilkes best work imo. he could start by getting rid of the chicanes, as all they do is spread the cars out, like barca.

Jose Lorca
4th July 2011, 21:46
The organisers make a fair point. Pirelli and DRS should in theory produce more overtaking and make the race more exciting - at least more exciting than last year's race.

I believe regardless of this, the track is terrible and clearly needs tweaking. Pirelli and DRS are no guarantee of an exciting race if the track is fundamentally flawed. We saw that in Valencia, and even with the longer straights in Abu Dhabi, I reckon we'll see another dull race with drivers struggling to overtake - but maybe not as extreme as Hamilton on fresh tyres unable to overtake a Renault on worn tyres.