PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull pushes FIA for pit speed limit change.

SilverSpeed
8th July 2011, 21:14
Red Bull pushes FIA for pit speed limit change.

Apparently the RBRs can't get up to 100km/h by this white line.

In today’s FIA drivers’ briefing at Silverstone there was some discussion about the new pitlane and its entrance, with Sebastian Vettel repeating claims he’d made to the media that the tight righthander is dangerous.

Vettel was keen to see the pitlane speed limit kept at 60km/h for the race, rather than raised to 100km/h, as is the plan.

Christian Horner repeated those fears earlier today: “If it’s conditions like today, if the speed limit goes up to 100km/h I think it could be a tricky down there. Yeah, it’s part of the track, at the end of the day it’s the same for all teams and all drivers, but I think they probably need to have a look at whether we – because the pit lane tapers as well – remain with 100km/h, or whether it would actually be better to look at a 60km/h speed limit.”

Intriguingly it emerged during the briefing that Red Bull has other reasons to seek a reduction in the speed limit. The team’s pit is so close to the end of the pitlane that when they accelerate out of their pit box the drivers cannot get up to 100km/h before the end of the limited zone. And that means they will be at potential time disadvantage at every pit stop.

One source told me that Vettel claimed at the briefing that the RBR cars face a loss of 0.5s at each stop, although an apparently better informed Charlie Whiting told him he’d heard it was closer to 0.29s.

So far the FIA has no plans to cede to RBR’s request…

Red cow really smoked some stuff this weekend. They think they can actually rule them all eh...

Dirty Champions:redcard

Brakefade
8th July 2011, 21:30
If RB thinks it would be too dangerous for them to run at 100 kph, then charlie should force them to run at 60 kph while allowing all other teams to run at 100 kph. Would that make you feel safer RB?

NanoTheQuickest
8th July 2011, 21:34
RB out of F1 please

racingbradley
8th July 2011, 21:44
If RB thinks it would be too dangerous for them to run at 100 kph, then charlie should force them to run at 60 kph while allowing all other teams to run at 100 kph. Would that make you feel safer RB?

He He great idea ;-)

scuderiafan
8th July 2011, 21:45
you know what i see happening is that the powers that be are now seeing that the threat from FOTA is serious, but that threat took a major hit today. 2 of the big 3 this year, clashed.

i hope that Ferrari and Mercedes stay together and actually break away. FIA cant run the sport, as was shown today. RedBull can join the party, but since they now got FIA bent over, they can eff off for alll i care.

i would love for the breakaway to happen now, and this drinks company is now getting beyond annoying.

sagi58
9th July 2011, 00:43
...One source told me that Vettel claimed at the briefing that the RBR cars face a loss of 0.5s at each stop, although an apparently better informed Charlie Whiting told him he’d heard it was closer to 0.29s... I wonder how embarrassed Vettel must have been that Whiting had that info on hand? :lol
...Red cow really smoked some stuff this weekend. They think they can actually rule them all eh... That or they fell into their swimming pool full of their drink?? ;-)

mm154
9th July 2011, 01:56
I thought the WCC got first choice of garages? I guess they figured out the new set up would make the first garage a disadvantage too late... :lol