View Full Version : Forza Ferrari... Awesome job with the car updates

ferrari4life
11th July 2011, 16:45
Just wanted to say I was amazed at the pace of the Ferrari and the gap in the end. I hope this is a sign of things to come but I am truly amazed of the way Ferrari trumped all at a circuit we were supposed to struggle with. Hope we are in front now and other teams can figure out a way to work things out in the hot exhaust of the our cars.

ferrari4life
11th July 2011, 16:46
since I am so quick to critizize the team I wanted to make sure that I praise them for a job well done as well.

ferrari4life
11th July 2011, 16:46
since I am so quick to criticize the team I wanted to make sure that I praise them for a job well done as well.

REDARMYSOJA
11th July 2011, 17:30
Just wanted to say I was amazed at the pace of the Ferrari and the gap in the end.

No doubt much of that was due to the car, but a lot was also due to Fernando. He smelled blood and had it set on kill. Awesome!

Alonsomaniac
11th July 2011, 20:16
since I am so quick to critizize the team I wanted to make sure that I praise them for a job well done as well.

:thumb

Alonsomaniac
11th July 2011, 20:20
Ferrari did a wonderful job with the car and Fernando used that car in the best possible way.
Thanks to the team, it was so difficult and they had to work so hard but they MADE US SO HAPPY!!

Hornet
12th July 2011, 05:43
No doubt much of that was due to the car, but a lot was also due to Fernando. He smelled blood and had it set on kill. Awesome!

Yeah I agree with this. The car was fast enough to set fast lap times, but to be able to drive it on the limits lap after lap, that's a job for the driver. He was driving on the limit lap after lap setting fastest time when he took the lead I was so worried the tires would be destroyed :-G

Vittorio
12th July 2011, 08:43

I absolutely must concur with you on that - ditto for me. :thumb

Their pace at Silverstone did make me very proud and damn excited, I must say. :clap

Sorry to say, however, but I DO continue to think that Domenicali is not the right and absolutely best man for the job and the team does continue to worry me when it comes to strategy - although, once again, it was brilliant to see the Scuderia trump both RBR and McLaren in the pitstops at the the British GP. :-):-D

scuderiafan
12th July 2011, 09:27
Yeah I agree with this. The car was fast enough to set fast lap times, but to be able to drive it on the limits lap after lap, that's a job for the driver. He was driving on the limit lap after lap setting fastest time when he took the lead I was so worried the tires would be destroyed :-G

i thought that too. then Fernando said this in the interview :-E

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93024

FA: Yes, that's a good point. After the first couple of laps with the intermediates, we didn't need to use the hard tyres any more so we chose to do the whole dry race with the best performing tyre, which was the soft on this occasion, so there's a question mark how the car would have performed with the hard tyre. In FP3 and Q1, we were very, very competitive with the hard, so we approached the race with no problems and no doubts as we had in Barcelona. There was a big problem but here we were convinced that we were OK with hard tyres but obviously it was just a thought. And without Hamilton keeping Sebastian behind, obviously the race was a little bit different, for sure. We had to push more to open the gap. With Lewis there, the race was a little bit more comfortable for us and we could drop the revs a little bit and take a bit more care of the engine, the tyres and things like that.

What the hell could he have done on the limit!

scuderiafan
12th July 2011, 09:36
I absolutely must concur with you on that - ditto for me. :thumb

Their pace at Silverstone did make me very proud and damn excited, I must say. :clap

Sorry to say, however, but I DO continue to think that Domenicali is not the right and absolutely best man for the job and the team does continue to worry me when it comes to strategy - although, once again, it was brilliant to see the Scuderia trump both RBR and McLaren in the pitstops at the the British GP. :-):-D

you are entitled to your opinion, but i myself think that he has done a great job, he took all the flak, while letting his people work, and now we are back.

on the subject of TPs, look who is not happy. unlucky ron.

http://planetf1.com/news/3213/7033006/-Whitmarsh-s-Job-As-Boss-On-The-Line-

Hornet
12th July 2011, 10:07

Wow. :-E
So we're not pushing the car to the maximum limit despite those series of fastest laps

Liscia
12th July 2011, 10:56
I had a good feeling prior to Siverstone and our team
did not disappoint! I hope we can maintain this level
of competitiveness and continue to take the fight to
our rivals! FORZA FERRARI!!!

Ferrarichamp
12th July 2011, 11:15
looking forward to a 1-2 in germany :-D

Ferrarichamp
12th July 2011, 11:42
interesting article about Whitmarsh, who would replace him?

ferrari4life
13th July 2011, 19:35

blow up the engine ;-)