25th July 2011, 02:08
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Lewis Hamilton and Felipe Massa
Honorable Mention: Fernando Alonso and Adrian Sutil
Overtaking Move of the Race: Alonso on Vettel -- text book stuff
Race High Point: the start was awesome; so was Felipe's gutsy drive

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Jenson Button
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: the Massa Pit Crew, sadly :-(
Race Low Point: Felipe's pit stop; Alonso losing the lead

Your Take on the Race:
Great race, lots of action throughout the 60 laps. Pity we lost out so close to the end but that is motor racing. Not a fan of Seb but do not dislike him also--but can't help but feel he was found out: he never looked comfortable away from the front.

Rishu
25th July 2011, 03:07
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Lewis Hamilton
Honorable Mention: Adrian Sutil
Overtaking Move of the Race: Alonso on Vettel -- He out-foxed him
Race High Point: More competetion b/w the teams

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Karun Chandok :-s
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: None really :-)
Race Low Point: Felipe's pit stop

Your Take on the Race:
I think it will be safe to say now that Ferrari have an allrounder :-)

Corey
25th July 2011, 04:02
Honor Roll
Driver of the race: Felipe Massa
Honorable Mention: Felipe can keep mouths of some people on this forum shut
Overtaking move: Massa on Rosberg. Though there was a big lock up, it was nice to see how he squeezed Nico wide.
Race High Point: VERY nice and exiting to see the top 3 being so close together before the first round of stops

Horror Roll
Driver off the Pace: Nico Rosberg.
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: -
Race low point: Schumacher's tough race; Ferrari pit crew and the wheel nut

Your take on the race:
Although it was not our highest result, this was probably the best race of the season I've seen so far. Loved the action between the top 3 and all of Massa's overtaking moves. We are on the right track I'd say, managing to finish in the top 2 for 3 consecutive races. So I have pretty good confidence that they will do well in Hungary.

What we need now are for more races like this for Vettel. Then we might see a tight fight for the championship between 3(possibly 4) drivers.

Stormsearcher
25th July 2011, 05:32
Honor Roll
Driver of the race: Lewis Hamilton
Honorable Mention: Fernando, Felipe and Mark
Overtaking move: Hamilton retaking the lead from webber. Very gutsy.
Race High Point: Felipe taking it to vettel.

Horror Roll
Driver off the Pace: Button.
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Nick hiedfeld.
Race low point: Felipe losing position to Vettel in the pits.

Your take on the race:
Was a good race. Very entertaining. Would have been better if Alonso had managed to keep his advantage after the second pitstop and won. Superb drive from Felipe. Very unfortunate for him that his pit crew muffed it again. But good to see he is back on fighting terms.

M.K
25th July 2011, 06:22
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Fernando Alonso and Mark Weber
Overtaking Move of the Race: Alonso on Vettel
Race High Point: Alonso pit stop, while Massa is in front and they all come together at end at the start/finish straight.

HORROR ROLL
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Buemi on Heidfeld
Race Low Point: Felipe's pit stop

Your Take on the Race:
Possible worst conditions to us(except rain i guess) and we came second and 5th, should be better next races. Very entertaining race and everyone happy with no Vettel on podium :-D

Suzie
25th July 2011, 09:38
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Lewis Hamilton *grits teeth*
Honorable Mention: Felipe and Fernando
Overtaking Move of the Race: Felipe on Rosberg... and all the ensuing overtakes he did :-D
Race High Point: The Alonso/Hamilton/Webber battle behind Felipe before he pitted

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Vettel (not 'off the pace' but not what we've come to expect)
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Buemi
Race Low Point: Vettel getting past Felipe at the last stop

Your Take on the Race:
A very exciting race despite who won. Both our drivers performed very well and we came so close to a win yet again despite the unfavourable weather conditions. It's a positive sign going into Hungary.

RockyRaccoon
25th July 2011, 10:45
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Fernando Alonso
Overtaking Move of the Race: Hamilton on Alonso
Race High Point: Alonso passing Vettel

HORROR ROLL
Race Low Point: Massa's Stop

Your Take on the Race:
Stunning drive from Hamilton and Alonso really punched above his weight again. Those two are clearly the class of the field. Once again Vettel proves he can't race.

Greig
25th July 2011, 11:08
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa, Adrian Sutil, Michael Schumacher
Overtaking Move of the Race: Lewis on Alonso sadly
Race High Point: Alonso leaving the pit's in 1st place, but did not last long :-)

HORROR ROLL
Race Low Point: Massa's Stop

Your Take on the Race:
Very good race with 3 drivers really in with a chance of winning it, lot's of pushing and defending going on and in cold temps our race pace was very strong which was a bit of a surprise, Fernando could have won but maybe next time, Massa drove very well and really deserved a better final stop after all the hard work he had put in to keep his 4th place.

scuderiafan
25th July 2011, 13:23
Honor Roll

Driver off the Race: Lewis Hamilton
Honorable Mention: Mark Webber, Adrian Sutil, Fernando Alonso
Overtake of the race: Lewis on Webber.
Race High Point: at the ned, with Mark picking up Fernando. dont know why, just found it nice.

Horror Roll

Driver off the Pace: Sebastian Vettel
Lewis Hamilton Bonehead move of the race: Buemi on Heidfeld
Race Low Point: Felipe's pitstop

My take: very good, if this is Ferrari in their worst conditions, i cant wait till their best conditions.

epiclyaddicted
25th July 2011, 15:26
HONOUR ROLL

Driver of the Race: Lewis Hamilton (grrr...)
Honourable Mention: Fernando Alonso, Felipe Massa, Adrian Sutil, Karun Chandhok
Overtaking Move of the Race: Hamilton on Alonso (unfortunately)
Race High Point: Brilliant drive from Massa through the race, particularly overtaking Vettel

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Jenson Button and Sebastian Vettel
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Sebastian Buemi
Race Low Point: All of Massa's hard work made meaningless due to the pit stop

Your Take on the Race:
Brilliant exciting race, where we had three cars fighting for victory up until the final pit stops. The fact that the cold and slightly damp conditions are the worst for Ferrari on paper, and yet we performed so well in the race, that makes me very positive for the remainder of the season. Also fantastic to see Massa driving so well.

Meiga
25th July 2011, 16:09
I have a question for all of those who have chosen Hamilton on Alonso as the best overtaking move - why do you consider it so highly? Don't get me wrong, I know that it was important for the win, but a faster car (over 1.5 secs on that lap) on heated tyres overtaking a car just coming out of the pit stop is not that impressive, in my humble opinion, when you compare it to other overtakings in this race.

Could you guys please elaborate a bit on the criteria you followed?

Homan13PSU
25th July 2011, 17:20
Driver of the Race: Lewis Hamilton; gotta hand it to the SOB
Honorable Mention: 'Nando
Race High Point: Another fantastic start by 'Nando. His starts the last three or four races have been out of this world

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Kamui
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Massa's pit stop
Race Low Point: See above

Your Take on the Race:
Simply put Ferrari...is...back. Hungary now becomes HUGE in terms of team momentum going into the summer break.

Greig
25th July 2011, 17:38
I have a question for all of those who have chosen Hamilton on Alonso as the best overtaking move - why do you consider it so highly? Don't get me wrong, I know that it was important for the win, but a faster car (over 1.5 secs on that lap) on heated tyres overtaking a car just coming out of the pit stop is not that impressive, in my humble opinion, when you compare it to other overtakings in this race.

He went round the outside of Nando pretty humiliating move really for most drivers, it's a bit like saying Nando passing MS round the outside of 130R in 05 was really not all that good either ;-)

It was a now or never moment for Lewis probably, had he not made that move by the time Alonso was up to temp then he was probably done for.

RockyRaccoon
25th July 2011, 19:01
I hate to agree but it really was a great move, although Alonso can't really be criticised for defending the inside line, I'm sure he couldn't quite believe it when Hamilton had enough grip to drive right round him!

Suzie
25th July 2011, 19:11
I suppose Lewis was due a good idea ;-)

Rob
25th July 2011, 19:16
HONOUR ROLL

Driver of the Race: Hamilton :-s
Honorable Mention: Fernando&Felipe
Overtaking Move of the Race: Fernando on Vetts
Race High Point: Felipes start, amazing, only had too back out due to Vetts covering Fernando.Seeing Fernando leave pits in the lead.

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Button
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: seeing Hamilton go around the out side of Fernando.
Race Low Point: Felipes pit-stop:-s

Your Take on the Race:

Great too see Vettel live up to all comments that he isnt that great when have to race and try to overtake!! :-D Having our cars up there fighting the lead and podium positions, and the updates have worked the way we all have wanted them to.

Good work to all the team for the turn around. Forza Ferrari.

Suzie
25th July 2011, 19:20
HONOUR ROLL

Race High Point: Felipes start, amazing, only had too back out due to Vetts covering Fernando.

Yeah :-s If that start had worked out...

Rob
25th July 2011, 19:24
Yeah :-s If that start had worked out...

i know, think he may of been up there with Fernando too. I was holding my breath. Been sweet to see both our boys go inside Vetts at start.

Hermann
25th July 2011, 19:25
Fernando said in his post race interview that he had a very slow outlap struggling with the tyres and no grip at all, so Hamilton overtaking him was more like taking candy from a baby.

Greig
25th July 2011, 19:26
Fernando said in his post race interview that he had a very slow outlap struggling with the tyres and no grip at all, so Hamilton overtaking him was more like taking candy from a baby.

Same as Alonso passing MS at 130R in 2005, still did not stop the hype over it :-) Nando would say that though really ;-)

Hermann
25th July 2011, 19:30
Same as Alonso passing MS at 130R in 2005, still did not stop the hype over it :-) Nando would say that though really ;-)

Which hype? Not in the Ferrari forum i suppose- the argument was about Meiga's question why so many here give credit to Hamilton for his 'great overtaking move'. And Fernando only answered the question of the interviewer concerning the tyres, you'll bet he would not just let Hamilton pass if he had the chance to prevent it.

RockyRaccoon
25th July 2011, 21:43
There is always going to be a large pace difference when one car passes another around the outside, that goes without saying! It doesn't make the move any less impressive mind you. I dislike Hamilton immensely and I think the sun shines out of Alonso's backside but even I can admit that it was an impressive move!

Red is Best
25th July 2011, 22:52
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Adrian Suttil and Fernando Alonso
Overtaking Move of the Race: Hamilton on Alonso
Race High Point: The three-way battle between Hamilton, Alonso and Webber during the first half of the race

HORROR ROLL
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: the Massa Pit Crew
Race Low Point: Massa's last pit stop.

Your Take on the Race:
The action was good up until the second pit-stop, then Hamilton overtook Alonso for the lead and the race was pretty much over. I was disappointed at first, but second place is not a bad result after all.

sagi58
26th July 2011, 03:10

I agree with you, Meiga!! I don't think it was the "pass" of the year, either! In fact,
I think it was a very smart strategic move on Alonso's part, as he knows full well the
Ferrari struggles on new tires. Why risk a collision with someone who has already hit
pretty well half the grid, thusfar this season??

Just my two cents worth!! :angel

Rishu
26th July 2011, 03:39

I tend to agree with you, but everyone have their opinion. Fernando was in no position to defend really & even after the move, Lewis was half a second faster than Alonso each lap. As for comparing it with Alonso on Schumacher at Suzuka'05, I think that was a completely different situation. MSC wasn't struggling on his tyres or car & it was a "pure" overtaking move on the track rather than one car on out lap with cold tyres being overtaken at Turn 2.

nash929
26th July 2011, 04:32
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Hamilton
Honorable Mention: Alonso & Sutil
Overtaking Move of the Race: Massa on Vettel (Didn't expect him to pull it off)
Race High Point: The battle for 1-3. Provided the excitement for the whole race for me.

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Vettel
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Ferrari Pit Crew. Can't blame them really though. Machinery failed, I guess.
Race Low Point: Vettel overtaking Mass at the pits.

Your Take on the Race:
Pretty action-packed race. The season just keeps on getting better. Vettel IS feeling the pressure, and can't wait how he responds this weekend.

Stormsearcher
26th July 2011, 04:46

I agree with this too. It was a good move, but against a car on cold tyres on its out lap. I really thot hamsters move on webber down the start finish straight was better.

Greig
26th July 2011, 07:21
I tend to agree with you, but everyone have their opinion. Fernando was in no position to defend really & even after the move, Lewis was half a second faster than Alonso each lap. As for comparing it with Alonso on Schumacher at Suzuka'05, I think that was a completely different situation. MSC wasn't struggling on his tyres or car & it was a "pure" overtaking move on the track rather than one car on out lap with cold tyres being overtaken at Turn 2.

MS wasn't struggling with car or tyres in 05? seriously did you watch that season? lol

Rishu
26th July 2011, 07:30
MS wasn't struggling with car or tyres in 05? seriously did you watch that season? lol

Yes Greig I did watch that season & I know Ferrari had a poor car with which MS was fighting, but that overtake has no similarity with what Lewis did last Sunday. Alonso just had no chance with medium tyres, cold conditions on his out lap on turn 2 against Lewis in much better condition.Overtaking at 130R from outside @ 280 kph is different than overtaking at this turn @ 90 kph. Nobody has argued that what Alonso did in 05 was one of the best or not. Meiga never said that it was mediocre move all he/she asked was that was it the best of the race? You think yes, some think othewise. No fuss really.

sav_pap
27th July 2011, 13:12
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Not Ramilton. I think Felipe deservs it more.
Honorable Mention: Alonso.
Race High Point: The rain which never came.

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Schumacher. For another time far off his teammate's pace
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Whom hit heidfeld. I don't really remember
Race Low Point: Ferrari's pit stop

Your Take on the Race:
I think it will be safe to say now that Ferrari have an allrounder