View Full Version : Eddie Jordan: Alonso should respect Massa

Ferrari_Fanatic
26th July 2011, 11:00
He's at it again!

Fernando Alonso should offer more admiration to Ferrari team-mate Felipe Massa. Those are the feelings of Eddie Jordan, Formula 1 team owner turned pundit for BBC television. The Irishman speaks exclusively with GPUpdate.net.

The BBC's Eddie Jordan
Following Sunday’s German Grand Prix, in which McLaren’s Lewis Hamilton won from Alonso and the two Red Bulls, Alonso admitted that he requires his former team to beat Red Bull in order to aid his own championship aspirations. Jordan, however, is of the opinion that the Spaniard should look more towards his Brazilian team-mate.

“I thought it was kind of strange when we had Alonso talking about how he needed McLaren to come up and help him,” Jordan told GPUpdate.net on Monday. “He didn’t actually mention his team-mate which, odds up, would have been the first thing that he should have said.

“But what he didn’t need yesterday was Felipe’s pit crew messing up the pit-stop; that would have been a happy day for Ferrari and would have made a difference to the Constructors’ and to him mentally, to see Vettel finishing fifth.

“I wish Fernando would have been a little bit more gracious towards his team-mate and, instead of talking just about McLaren, he’s got to include his team-mate.”

Despite this, the 63-year-old – who watches races alongside BBC anchorman Jake Humphrey – is not surprised by the words of the former double title winner.

“Remember, every racing driving is hugely selfish - it’s typical of a top racing driver,” Jordan continued. “They think about themselves only and I think you would find it with a hugely talented athlete of any description. Having come across a couple of them myself, they can be gracious – and they are gracious – but overriding everything is ‘me’. It’s just the nature of the beast, don’t think anything bad of it. It’s facts of life.”

Eddie Jordan was talking to GPUpdate.net’s Gregory Haines during a PUMA Motorsport phone-in

Twitter: @GregoryHainesF1

sav_pap
26th July 2011, 11:26
Of Course he respects Massa. His comments about help from McCheaters, were a not direct way to say to them: "Thank you for helping my"..:lol

Mrs.Domenicali
26th July 2011, 11:27
Quite amusing coming from the person who was champing at the bit earlier in the season for Massa to be dropped from Ferrari.....

maybe he needs to look at his own behaviour before criticising anyone else's. :roll

Ferrari_Fanatic
26th July 2011, 11:29
Quite amusing coming from the person who was champing at the bit earlier in the season for Massa to be dropped from Ferrari.....maybe he needs to look at his own behaviour before criticising anyone else's. :roll

Tell me about it......it seems we only seem to get coverage when someone has anything bad to say about fernando felipe or ferrari

Kingdom Hearts
26th July 2011, 12:07
This guy is a clown, and everybody knows it, the fans, the drivers and all the people in the paddock. First of all he should ask his mate Jake Humphrey to respect him more because he makes fun of him in every race and he stays there, quite like a b***. Talking about respect.

Secondly, Fernando respect Felipe a lot, and the reason why he didn't mentioned Felipe it's because it's a given that Felipe will help him because that what your team mate should do when he is out of the title race,for example like he did in Germany, he almost took 2 points from Vettel, and the end result wasn't Felipe's fault and Fernando knows it.

Rob
26th July 2011, 12:11
Quite amusing coming from the person who was champing at the bit earlier in the season for Massa to be dropped from Ferrari.....

maybe he needs to look at his own behaviour before criticising anyone else's. :roll

:thumb

If EJ were to read what Fernando said proberly, he said thatit would be like having 6 team mates fighting the same driver. Be alot better chance of beating him and taking points away from Vetts.

Corey
26th July 2011, 12:18
Alonso and Massa both have good relationships already. And now wants to have a good one too with Mclaren, so that it'll make his life a little easier in the F1 paddock as well as a very slight advantage if he wants to beat RB.

Meiga
26th July 2011, 12:56
I suppose that no-one will tell EJ that he should respect both Massa and Alonso too... ;-)

Suzie
26th July 2011, 13:18
EJ is such an odious little troll - he seems incapable of sticking to the same opinion all the time. I don't see why he's saying Fernando should have respect for Felipe when he's been rambling on on the BBC all season about Felipe needing to up his game. I don't even have the words for how much I DETEST him.

racingbradley
26th July 2011, 13:20
I suppose that no-one will tell EJ that he should respect both Massa and Alonso too... ;-)

He has sold his soul, I'm afraid, for that little job at the BBC so he needs to show respect for Macca and Ramilton which he delivers in spades. :-E
As for Ferrari we are the enemy :roll

Hornet
26th July 2011, 13:28
They both have lots of respect for each other, evidently as they worked well together, 2 races ago, we've saw Massa laughing with Alonso in the garage in what appears to be them joking together with some team members or so. They are as competitive as team mates can be, but I don't see any tense between them.

I think there's a good chance Ferrari would extend Massa's contract next year, there's no reason not to, the pairing just works.

EJ is just blinded by his anti-Ferrari glasses.

Hermann
26th July 2011, 13:39
Breaking news!

Ferrarifan: Eddie Jordan should respect Alonso

:lou

Liscia
26th July 2011, 13:55
True to form-EJ is just being the sour and vile provocatuer he's always been.

scuderiafan
26th July 2011, 14:26

If EJ were to read what Fernando said proberly, he said thatit would be like having 6 team mates fighting the same driver. Be alot better chance of beating him and taking points away from Vetts.

yep. :thumb.

he conveniently fails to remember that.

NJB13
26th July 2011, 14:47
If poo was electricity Eddie would be a walking powerhouse.

M.K
26th July 2011, 14:59
EJ should start respecting tv viewers and stop talking crap about Ferrari, Fernando and Felipe.

Fiondella
26th July 2011, 16:43
Eddies chin strap come loose again!

REDARMYSOJA
26th July 2011, 16:59
This is a situation where Alonso can't win with an idiot like EJ. If Alonso had said "My teammate needs to step up and help" it would have been very disrespectful and EJ would slam him for that.

Alonsomaniac
26th July 2011, 17:02
Fernando and Felipe are members of the same team. There is no need to mention that both Ferrari's need to score. To Fernando (and to us) it is quite obvious that Felipe thinks the same way about it than he does.
McLaren is something else - and now a team that needs to score and steal points from RB.
That is the only way Ferrari (and the other way around) can do something in the championship.
That is what he meant to say mr.Jordan!

Jack
26th July 2011, 17:53
... it's a given that Felipe will help him because that what your team mate should do when he is out of the title race,for example like he did in Germany, he almost took 2 points from Vettel, and the end result wasn't Felipe's fault and Fernando knows it.

An obvious thing that Eddie Jordan didn't seem to see.

scuderiafan
26th July 2011, 19:24
i watched the race again.

let me set the scene.

Lewis Hamilton has just had a stock car style race, contact with 3 guys, and then lets loose with a crazy attack at Stewards, Drivers, Stupid people, most of all HIS TEAM, and containing Ali G.

Eddie Jordan applauds this saying 'he is obviously not happy with the car (remember, this is a racewinning car from McLaren), and we like to see this, driver speaking their minds. thats why we love Lewis, he is so passionate.'

Fast Forward to Germany, where Timo Glock in the Virgin says something like, 'the car is difficult to drive, *what have you guys done?*'

Eddie Jordan, Now? 'I didnt like that, and he has to remember the sponsors, and all the people he represents. i would not have been happy with that if i was boss.'

Double standards.

* later revealed that this comment was a joke, but then so did Lewis. but thats not the point, as they are both criticising the car.

siberianlady
26th July 2011, 20:58
Not just that......I seem to remember in an interview not so long ago when Fernando was singing Felipe's praises saying he was one of the fastest guys out there.........and they both seem to get on well enough so what does EJ know that we don't .......stupid (sorry).........

nash929
27th July 2011, 09:58
I tend to laugh at every single EJ comment. He's that funny, guys. He is. I believe that is why BBC likes him. He's Funny.

Rob
27th July 2011, 12:22
If poo was electricity Eddie would be a walking powerhouse.

:rotfl:rotfl

kingjuani
27th July 2011, 13:18
Eddie Jordan has got nothing better to do.. always waiting for the perfect moment to get a publicity..lame. why doesnt he speak positive relevance instead of look for the negatives all the time..!!! English ..typical

sav_pap
27th July 2011, 13:21
i wonder when he found the time to do this. He is very busy travelling with his yachts.