View Full Version : Autosport: Hamilton the pass master shows Alonso how it's done!

Kingdom Hearts
28th July 2011, 08:30
http://digitaledition.autosport.com/issue/2011/covers/28072011.jpg

Excluded Webber's name from the thread title because it's not relevant to the main topic of this forum.

So what do you think guys, Hamilton the pass master, the legend, Senna reborn, the best driver of all time... did the guy teached a lesson to Webber and Alonso on who it's done?.

Meiga
28th July 2011, 08:37
Yes, Hamilton shows how it is done: with heated tyres and a 2 secs-per-lap advantage, on a car which is just exiting the pits and has no grip in the case of Alonso, and pushing Webber out of track when defending... ;-)

If Autosport wants to have a true lesson on overtaking, they only need to have a look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7-Qdcj7wQ

nash929
28th July 2011, 08:46
Wow. Passmaster. After the Monaco Incident(s). After the Canada Incident (with Button nonetheless). and countless others. PassMaster. Can't they be more any biased?

I mean, call him the GOAT now. Please.

alex1s
28th July 2011, 08:47
Agree about the heated tyres and a 2 secs advantage. BUT. how did hamilton manage to exit the pits with cold tyres and keep Weber behind?
You call it pushing, I call it agressive driving. I believe that Ferrari's position at the moment needs a more agressive approach both in the drivers and the team, if the championship is anything to hope for.

Despite the fact that Hamilton would probably have passed Alonso later on as the cold weather and the medium tyre seems to be a great enemy for our car

M.K
28th July 2011, 08:49
You have to love British press and media, from hero to zero and now back to hero in one race.

killer
28th July 2011, 08:56
What's the "secret brake switch"?

Meiga
28th July 2011, 09:43
Agree about the heated tyres and a 2 secs advantage. BUT. how did hamilton manage to exit the pits with cold tyres and keep Weber behind?
You call it pushing, I call it agressive driving. I believe that Ferrari's position at the moment needs a more agressive approach both in the drivers and the team, if the championship is anything to hope for.

Despite the fact that Hamilton would probably have passed Alonso later on as the cold weather and the medium tyre seems to be a great enemy for our car

You call it aggressive driving, and it is of course a legitimate opinion; but the reason Hamilton overtook Alonso where Webber couldn't overtake Hamilton was that one gave room, and the other pushed the other car out of the track. De la Rosa, commenting for the Spanish broadcaster, acknowledged that Alonso had played clean and fair - he could not say the same of his teammate.

In any case, I seem to remember Alonso defending his position from Button as he was coming out of the pits in Monza last year, and certain British media (guess which one) not making one single comment about "the pass master" teaching Button a lesson - different standards, I'd say ;-) :-P

RedRebel40
28th July 2011, 10:00
It was a lovely pass you have to admit it :)

Hornet
28th July 2011, 10:12
One successful GP and suddenly Lewis is the pass master huh? All those previous pass which ended with broken wings and bent suspensions doesn't count then.

Sounds more like 23 page of steaming cow dung

Alessandra
28th July 2011, 10:33
[QUOTE=Hornet;683095]One successful GP and suddenly Lewis is the pass master huh? All those previous pass which ended with broken wings and bent suspensions doesn't count then.

/QUOTE]

+1 :lol

epiclyaddicted
28th July 2011, 10:36
You have to love British press and media, from hero to zero and now back to hero in one race.

That's exactly how every athlete and sportperson in this country get treated in the media, not just Hamilton or other F1 drivers. The England football team is a prime example of how the media should not treat the country's national football team!

Sounds more like 23 page of steaming cow dung

:rotfl That has got to be the thread winner! :-D

sav_pap
28th July 2011, 12:01
Pass Master?????????:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Rob
28th July 2011, 12:24
http://digitaledition.autosport.com/issue/2011/covers/28072011.jpg

Excluded Webber's name from the thread title because it's not relevant to the main topic of this forum.

So what do you think guys, Hamilton the pass master, the legend, Senna reborn, the best driver of all time... did the guy teached a lesson to Webber and Alonso on who it's done?.

:lou :roll

NanoTheQuickest
28th July 2011, 13:30
Can we avoid putting this kind of rubbish on here please!!!! Enough of this Hamilton this, Hamilton that, he's an imbecile and we all know autosport is the dumbest mag ever dedicated to morons who love reading junk on a weekly basis.

Naeem
28th July 2011, 13:43
Guys appreciate genius when you see it. It was a great pass. I do however feel that had Alonso kept his position, he had a great chance of keeping Hamilton behind him for the rest of the race. We've seen that Alonso (and maybe Lewis) is the most difficult driver to pass.

scuderiafan
28th July 2011, 13:51
how fickle is that? the last issue was like' Hamilton breakdown' lol, Hamilton seems like he is Wayne Rooney. one day he is loved, the next, hated.

Alonsomaniac
28th July 2011, 15:03
Hmmm......and what would they have written if Fernando had pushed him off the track just like Lewis did with Webber?

epiclyaddicted
28th July 2011, 15:38
Hmmm......and what would they have written if Fernando had pushed him off the track just like Lewis did with Webber?

"Alonso shows Lewis how it's NOT done" :-D

Ken
28th July 2011, 16:27
Some one should remind that rag of an old English quotation "One swallow doth not a summer make".

But In Hamiltons case It is "One non contact pass for a Ramilton maketh the Hero".

The Dis information in that mag is rediculous.

KurtC
28th July 2011, 16:54
now that the car worked good, hamilton is the master... hehe quite strange in my opinion, but the "pass master" hahaha

scuderiafan
28th July 2011, 17:29
other examples of Hamilton 'showing Alonso how its done'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_CC4FNsLb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0hAg5ZgeVU

credit for Jose for the vids :lol

REDARMYSOJA
28th July 2011, 17:57
What's the "secret brake switch"?

I think they meant "break switch", as in the one on Button's car to keep him behind Hamilton.

Greig
28th July 2011, 18:21
Do Spanish F1 magazines suck up to Fernando etc?

British mag backing British drivers and teams....shocking really, personally I don't buy it or use their website in general.

996 GT1 Lover
28th July 2011, 18:45
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYKtqJZhq2g

Suzie
28th July 2011, 19:14
I can understand why Autosport big up Lewis, though. As a British publication they know it will get more people to buy the magazine - if the Silverstone crowd is representative of British F1 fans in general, then Lewis/McLaren (and Jenson) are by far the most popular.

Italian media is biased in favour of Ferrari I'm sure.

theforce
28th July 2011, 19:50
Autosport: Hamilton the pass master shows Alonso how it's done!

Don't think there was much to show here. Lewis with a superior car at that stage managed to keep Webber behind (which honestly is not that hard) and go round the outside of Alonso. Fair and square moves and I would have criticized him if he hadn't done those moves. But I wouldn't go as far as calling him "the" pass master and showing "Alonso" how it's done.

We'll see how Ferrari hands it to them in Hungary, put'em right where they belong.

Meiga
28th July 2011, 19:55

British mag backing British drivers and teams....shocking really, personally I don't buy it or use their website in general.
Of couse they do, they want to sell more too! :-P

But the issue is that one thing is to use a "Brilliant Button" headline, and another one to use a "he shows so and so how it is done".

REDARMYSOJA
28th July 2011, 20:09

I think their last issue had "Amazing Alonso" and a Pic of him on it.

scuderiafan
28th July 2011, 21:36
I think their last issue had "Amazing Alonso" and a Pic of him on it.

yes it did. but as here it says how he shows alonso and webber how it is done

it says in the silverstone one, how the rules allowed ferrari to beat redbull.

but yes, all press are the same.

killer
29th July 2011, 02:39
I think they meant "break switch", as in the one on Button's car to keep him behind Hamilton.

:-D

Was it at Germany where the team asked Lewis to do something with a pedal? Brake or Clutch--I can't remember but I thought of that when I read this.

Corey
30th July 2011, 08:39
Though I'm not a fan of Hamilton, I think he's just one exciting driver to watch. His passings, mistakes and idiotic manoeuvrings are a great contribution to what makes a race entertaining.

EL NANO
30th July 2011, 08:53
Bla bla bla.. Whatever...

EL NANO
30th July 2011, 08:55
The funny thing is that when Lewis does idiotic races the English press bash him... Geez they are silly ppl....

EL NANO
30th July 2011, 09:00
I guess what we are saying here is that the media can rightly praise HAM but not put down other drivers specially acdriver like ALO or WEB.. HAMster has a looong way to go before The press can make these claims !

luicchi
30th July 2011, 09:12
no did wanna say this:

http://img121.imageshack.us/img121/8586/amaster.jpg

:thanks

campagna
4th August 2011, 17:44
Pass master my....obviosly you didn't see Alonzo's pass later on in the race on the pass master and then not to be his sorry .... ducked in the pits to make it look like he needed tires.......Thats not to say when the crash master passed Alonzo on older tires. If you followed F1 this year you would know that a tire 1 or 2 laps newer has the advantage also Senna reborn, you have got to be joking or not old enough be writing comments that you have no clue.

paneristi
5th August 2011, 15:48
Hamilton the bypassed master

other examples of Hamilton 'showing Alonso how its done'

credit for Jose for the vids :lol

Rishu
9th September 2011, 05:06
Lewis Hamilton believes 2011 has been one of the worst years of his career and admits his mistakes have made him an easy target for the press.

Hamilton has only failed to finish twice this year - once in Canada when he collided with Jenson Button and once in Belgium when he crashed into Kamui Kobayahsi - but has appeared in front of the stewards on six occasions.

"It's just one of those years," he told reporters in Monza. "Everyone goes through tough times and I'm going through it. It's the way of life. Good times will come, and people will make less of the bad times. I've had two DNFs, similar to other people, but I feel I've had worse races, like Monaco which was poor.

"I guess I'm an easy target at the moment because I'm always in trouble :rotfl. Hopefully, at some stage, I'll move away from that spotlight and into a good light and people will only have good things to say. But it certainly feels like it's been a worse year than I've had previously.

"In 2008 there were incidents then as well, but I guess because I won the championship they were forgotten. For whatever reason people always remember the bad times over the good times, so I'm here to try and put things right and have a much better weekend."

Hamilton is looking forward to this weekend's Italian Grand Prix and believes McLaren should be in good shape.

"I'm excited, confident for the weekend," he added. "If we've got the car, I think we can do it this weekend, and I know what I can do. When things are right, I'm not crashing out then I know I can do a good job. It's about trying to get myself back to doing a solid job, getting some good results. We've still seven races, it's not at all over. Mathematically it's possible, so that gives me hope, that I can still find inspiration to attack."

Hornet
9th September 2011, 06:10
LOL, he is wasting points by crashing into people and DNF, and he's worried about what people think of him after the race?

He have bigger problems at the moment that he should worry about, like keeping his car in one piece and finish the race.

Ken
9th September 2011, 09:48
Lewis Hamilton believes 2011 has been one of the worst years of his career and admits his mistakes have made him an easy target for the press.

Hamilton has only failed to finish twice this year - once in Canada when he collided with Jenson Button and once in Belgium when he crashed into Kamui Kobayahsi - but has appeared in front of the stewards on six occasions.

"It's just one of those years," he told reporters in Monza. "Everyone goes through tough times and I'm going through it. It's the way of life. Good times will come, and people will make less of the bad times. I've had two DNFs, similar to other people, but I feel I've had worse races, like Monaco which was poor.

"I guess I'm an easy target at the moment because I'm always in trouble :rotfl. Hopefully, at some stage, I'll move away from that spotlight and into a good light and people will only have good things to say. But it certainly feels like it's been a worse year than I've had previously.

"In 2008 there were incidents then as well, but I guess because I won the championship they were forgotten. For whatever reason people always remember the bad times over the good times, so I'm here to try and put things right and have a much better weekend."

Hamilton is looking forward to this weekend's Italian Grand Prix and believes McLaren should be in good shape.

"I'm excited, confident for the weekend," he added. "If we've got the car, I think we can do it this weekend, and I know what I can do. When things are right, I'm not crashing out then I know I can do a good job. It's about trying to get myself back to doing a solid job, getting some good results. We've still seven races, it's not at all over. Mathematically it's possible, so that gives me hope, that I can still find inspiration to attack."

Dont worry about it Ramilton, you will only try too hard again and crash again :-P

sv_godspeed
9th September 2011, 10:28
it was actually good stuff from Rammy for once, being aggressive and keeping it clean. i'd be a big fan of his if this Hamilton showed up at all the races consistently.
but "pass master"? for 1 clean move vs. a zillion shoves, rams, and screw-ups? really?