PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hungarian GP: Nods and Nays

killer
1st August 2011, 00:09
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Jenson Button
Honorable Mention: Felipe "Sorry, I was busy overtaking everyone" Massa
Overtaking Move of the Race: Hamilton on Webber, lap 64
Race High Point: A Ferrari on the podium despite everything; Felipe's gutsy drive

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Nico Rosberg
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Hamilton forcing Di Resta off track
Race Low Point: Button coming out of his last stop ahead of Fernando

Your Take on the Race:
As Hungarian GPs go, this was a heck of a race. We never looked comfortable over the weekend so I will take 3rd and 5th gladly. McLaren look very strong; Red Bull are starting to slide. Will keep mum on Seb for 1 or 2 more races. I know the championships are gone but I would still like us to have a string of very strong performances. Loved how Fernando handled Vettel bigging up only McLaren during the PC.

nash929
1st August 2011, 01:27
2011 Hungarian GP: Nods and Nays

HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Lewis Hamilton
Overtaking Move of the Race: Ham on Webbo - truly showed how someone can be caught off-guard while passing a backmarker
Race High Point: Even with a broken RW, Felipe drove a wonderful race. Him fighting back is the high point for me

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Rosberg
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: With all the awesome things he did this weekend, this still belongs to the man himself. At this time, we can say, Lewis screwed Hamilton.
Race Low Point: Having two Mercs ahead of the Ferraris. From there on, I felt already the race win was out of reach.

Your Take on the Race:
For a Hungarian GP, this on shines compared to the last years. Very fun to watch with a lot of action going on. As i've said before, both championships are pretty much over now, with a different driver winning a race, Vettel is gaining more ground on his second title. I hope Ferrari uses the rest of the season to prepare for next year and get Alonso his 3rd.

XXX132
1st August 2011, 04:52
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Jenson "200" Kept it sunny side up more than most
Honorable Mention: Fernando Alonso - good result considering the cool conditions
Overtaking Move of the Race: Alonso breezing past (c. Martin Brundle) the "Pass Master" himself :)
Race High Point: Joint - Liewser puts on inters on a drying track/spins/drive thru pen

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Massa - Stuck behind the fast starting but otherwise slow Mercs
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: The Wooden-Eyed one himself. Who can I kill today??
Race Low Point: Rain, Poor start and lost too much time through turn one :(

Your Take on the Race:
What happend to that global warming when you need it?

Kyss4k
1st August 2011, 05:59
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Jenson Button (with little bit of luck)
Honorable Mention: Fernando, Felipe and Daniel, who destroyed his teammate
Overtaking Move of the Race: Fernando's move on Michael in the early part of the race
Race High Point: Very quick Ferrari even in these conditions. We just finaly need some luck

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Nico Rosberg, V. Liuzzi
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Hamilton the Bonehead
Race Low Point: Fernando out of the track when attacking Button and Felipe in the bariers

Your Take on the Race:
I can't believe how entertaining this Hungarian GP was. It was sadly due to the rain which didn't suit us but made the great race. And after all what happened the result is pretty good and I think Ferrari can sleep rather well over the summer break.

Suzie
1st August 2011, 07:35
HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race: Jenson Button, he always seems to do well in changing conditions.
Honorable Mention: Buemi - he went from 23rd to 8th.
Overtaking Move of the Race: Seeing Nando get past Lewis was pretty sweet after Nurburgring.
Race High Point: Quite liked Nick's fire for pure drama/entertainment value.

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Nico Rosberg - was up with the front-runners then seemed to fade away.
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: What else?! Lewis almost wiping out di Resta.
Race Low Point: Felipe's spin, Felipe getting stuck behind Michael, Felipe's slow stops. SIGH.

Your Take on the Race:
Really entertaining race, the best I have seen at the Hungaroring. Not the best day ever for Ferrari but the onboards of our cars were quite frightening in those conditions, how Fernando and Felipe both recovered from spins I do not know. I hoped for a better result for Felipe but having seen the photos of his rear wing after the race I'm not surprised he couldn't get better than 6th.

Enjoy these threads, killer - thanks!

Ste
1st August 2011, 08:27
HONOUR ROLL

Honorable Mention: Paul Di Resta & Daniel Ricciardo & Heikki Kovalainen
Overtaking Move of the Race: Hamilton on Webber around back markers.

HORROR ROLL

Driver off the Pace: Rosberg
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Hamilton spinning around with oncoming cars that he 'didn't see'. Yea right.
Race Low Point: Massa's spin, Alonso's spin, every Ferrari pitstop.

My Take on the Race:

A fantastic race with an outcome we shouldn't be disappointed with. We said we would aim for the podium after our qualifying pace wasn't great. We achieved that. I think the race win was just about out of reach, far too many mistakes on our part - from drivers and the team. Button was the class of the field once again, no costly errors, a great battle with Hamilton and as usual he made his own decisions about tyres. Lots of uncharacteristic mistakes from Alonso which probably cost him P2. Pitstops were back to being awful after being excellent in the Nurburgring (bar Massa's last one!). A lot of them were over 5 seconds which is 2 seconds slower than the others - every time. Is it our wheel nuts? Or nervous mechanics? I'd suggest the former but who knows! Vettel still extends his championship lead, it's way out of reach unless he DNF's 3 or 4 times and we win those races. Can't see that happening quite honestly. Alonso seems to think the car is better in the medium to high speed rather than the slower corners. Hence why we were better on quicker circuits like Silverstone and the Nurburgring. We were SO slow in S3 in Hungary. Spa should be a great race, lets go and win it. Oh, and Monza please. :-D

Greig
1st August 2011, 08:55
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Di Resta, Buemi
Overtaking Move of the Race: Felipe on Schumacher
Race High Point: Making it round turn 1 intact, and the opening laps with every car twitching all over the place

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Nico
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Hamilton recovering into on coming traffic, should have been a black flag....
Race Low Point: Our driver mistakes and slow pitstops

Your Take on the Race:
Enjoyed the race, shame we could not really challenge for the win, once again the conditions probably not ideal for us, nice win by Jenson on his 200th GP.

elekvault
1st August 2011, 09:26
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Sebastien Buemi
Overtaking Move of the Race: Hamilton on Webber
Race High Point: So many to choose from, it's actually hard to say... the pit-stop dance was very exciting for me.

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Mark Webber
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Hamilton, obviously
Race Low Point: Ridiculously dangerous decision to get Heidfield's car back to the pit lane after it literally exploded.

Your Take on the Race:
A very exciting race from beginning to end, with action both on track and on pit stops. The changing weather conditions do not suit Ferrari well, but despite it all we managed to get a good 3rd and 5th, which seemed pretty hard to get at the beginning. Excelent race for Button and lucky but well managed race for Vettel; the battle for the last scoring positions was also exciting. This race was a nice way to start the summer break.

F2008
1st August 2011, 10:04
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Paul di Resta
Overtaking Move of the Race: Rosberg overtaking 5 cars in 1 lap
Race High Point: Felipe able to rejoin the race after his spin :-P

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: d'Ambrosio in the pit lane
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Hamilton. You can't move when other cars are approaching.
Race Low Point: Slow start, slow outlaps (both because of the track temperature) and slow pit stops.

Your Take on the Race:
I thought 5th and 6th was the maximum we could get so I'm quite satisfied with the result. I'm looking forward to the Belgian and Italian Grand Prix, for me the highlights of the season.

Ant Raikkonen
1st August 2011, 15:44
LOL "Lewis Hamilton Bone-head move of the race" always makes me :rotfl :clap

Alonsomaniac
1st August 2011, 16:03
LOL "Lewis Hamilton Bone-head move of the race" always makes me :rotfl :clap

Can't we make a sort of trophy by the end of the year and send it to the driver who "won" it??;-) (We all know who is the leader in that eh championship).

burak karakutuk
1st August 2011, 16:56
2011 Hungarian GP: Nods and Nays

HONOR ROLL
Driver of the Race:Fernando Alonso
Honorable Mention:Felipe Massa
Overtaking Move of the Race:Alonso on Lewis
Race High Point:Even two spins and some mistakes Fernando did a great job and Ferrari had a wonderful stratagies for him

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace:Rosberg
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to:Lewis Hamilton ofcourse
Race Low Point:Our slow stars and pit stops

Your Take on the Race:
we were unlucky because of this rain conditions and cold weather but we have proven our true race pace again even these bad conditions

Ferrarichamp
1st August 2011, 20:13
HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace:Rosberg
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to:Lewis Hamilton ofcourse
Race Low Point:Our slow stars and pit stops

typo :-P

killer
2nd August 2011, 01:41
Enjoy these threads, killer - thanks!

:wave You are welcome, Suzie. :-)

M.K
2nd August 2011, 05:53
HONOR ROLL
Honorable Mention: Di Resta
Overtaking Move of the Race: Alonso the pass master(you know what I mean)
Race High Point: Hamilton pits and realizes there is no rain.

HORROR ROLL
Driver off the Pace: Mark Webber
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Hamilton
Race Low Point: Our pitstops, our driver mistakes
Your Take on the Race:
Very entertaining race, again in changing conditions and again Button manages somehow finish first. Our cars was at the same pace as leaders, but our pitstops and unstable cars made it worst. Strategy wasn't best either for both drivers. We have lot of job in summer brake.