PDA

View Full Version : Wrooom Summer 2011

epiclyaddicted
5th August 2011, 17:56
Domenicali: “Alonso is the Number 1 in Formula 1 today”

Madonna di Campiglio, 5 August –Late tonight, Fernando Alonso will arrive in Madonna di Campiglio where tomorrow he will take part in the second day of Wrooom Summer 2011, but his name already came up today as the media met with Stefano Domenicali. “For me, Fernando is the Number 1 driver in Formula 1 at the moment,” said the Scuderia Team Principal. “I see a lot of similarities with Michael Schumacher, a driver who made his mark on our history. In fact, in some areas Fernando is even better, for example when I think of the speed with which he integrated himself into the team and the way he became its leader. In this he was much quicker than Michael who took a while to do that.”

Alongside Fernando, Felipe Massa is well used to facing a barrage of criticism, but for the umpteenth time, Domenicali stressed the total confidence that Ferrari has in its Brazilian driver. “I have seen that he was clearly on the up in the last three races and I am sure he will do very well in the second part of the year. Felipe has to stay calm and make the most of his talents, of which there are many: he is a very quick driver over a single lap, but maybe he needs to improve a bit in terms of his consistency in the races. It is definitely not easy being paired with someone like Fernando, but that should be a motivation for him not an excuse. For us, it is vital for Felipe to be on top of his game, given that for at least another year and a half, he is one of our drivers.”

Still on the subject of drivers, Domenicali was asked for his opinion of Hamilton and how he would shape up alongside Fernando, given some recent comments from the Englishman. “I am pleased he said never say never on the subject of Ferrari, in fact it is logical that everyone aspires to come to Maranello sooner or later, given what we represent in the history of this sport. Having said that, I don’t think the question will arise, neither in the short nor in the long term. For the Ferrari of the future, I believe the right combination is to have one well established driver with great experience, alongside a talented youngster on the way up. I do not think that, with the pressure we are under, we can consider having two youngsters in the team at the same time.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110805_F1_WrooomSummer_2011_Domenicali_Alonso_is_t he_Number1_Formula1_today.aspx

epiclyaddicted
5th August 2011, 17:57
Domenicali: “Great faith in Fry”

Madonna di Campiglio, 5 August –Among the many topics Stefano Domenicali discussed while chatting with journalists at Wrooom Summer 2011, obviously there was talk of what are the Scuderia’s real chances of taking a world title this season.” I always try and think positive,” said the Ferrari Team Principal. “We believe in our chances and will continue to do so until it is a mathematical impossibility. Of course, we need to win races and maybe something could change. We could have done that already in this last bit of the season, but we know how that went and why. However, ifs and buts change nothing, so it is better to concentrate on the future.

The team shares this spirit and reacted in the right way to a difficult start to the season, which saw an important restructuring of our organisation. You won’t hear me denying that the better results in this second quarter of the year are also down to the efforts of those like Costa who are no longer with the team, but I am also the first to recognise the impact that Fry has had in his new role. It has been very positive and has accelerated things nicely. Pat now has the chance to show what he is capable of, to set out the work according to his methodology and I can tell he is very motivated and I have great faith in him. Now our structure remains substantially stable: if an opportunity comes along to get someone really worthwhile, well then good, but the real secret is in finding the right combination of people, jobs and the character of the individuals. For example, I see a great relationship between Pat and Nikolas Tombazis, along with the support that comes from the amazing experience of an extraordinary man like Rory Byrne, who continues to be extremely valuable to us, even though he has been working only part time for several years now.”

Domenicali also looked to the long term in terms of the growth of the team. “Formula 1 has changed so much over the past five years. We have gone from a period in which heavy spending was the key to success to one where budgets are limited, as are one’s structures. We had already started this process of change before the past two years, but maybe it’s true that the success obtained by this group in 2007 and 2008 (two Constructors’ and one Drivers’ title) subconsciously made people a bit more resistant to change, as is normal if you are winning. In the future, it will be important to maintain close links with the universities, to pick out young talent and make them grow within the team and also for the mechanics, it will be important to create a true college to hone their skills. I think this is the key for the Scuderia over the next ten years, rather than going down the route of having a B team. In fact, already today we are bringing people on in some areas such as engine and gearbox, thanks to our customer teams.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110805_F1_Wrooom_Summer_2011_Domenicali_Great_fait h_in_Fry.aspx

epiclyaddicted
5th August 2011, 17:58
Domenicali: “6+ for the first part of the season”

Madonna di Campiglio, 5 August – It seems there is no respite from the rain for Scuderia Ferrari in this untypical wet summer of 2011. After three consecutive races, at Silverstone, Nurburgring and Budapest, were run in weather that was less than favourable, now even Wrooom Summer 2011 has not been spared the bad weather. The event is organised in collaboration with Philip Morris International, taking a different approach to the Wrooom winter tradition. However, the group of Italian and international journalists who have come to Madonna di Campiglio are not letting the weather get to them as they prepare for a weekend of relaxation and chatting about Formula 1, spending an enjoyable day in the Dolomites, some walking with an alpine guide and others trying out their mountain bike skills. Included in this latter group was Stefano Domenicali, who really loves the mountains and was at the head of the field leading the group along. The Scuderia Team Principal also took part in the daily gathering with the television and written press, while tomorrow the spotlight falls on Fernando Alonso.

“If I had to score our season so far, I would mark it a 6+, which represents the mid-point between the terrible start and a great fight back that we saw in the second part,” said Domenicali. “I expect we will continue down this route which has seen Fernando Alonso score more points than any other driver in the last four races, all the way to the end of the season. Our aim is to win as much as possible and to have a car that is competitive at the highest level. Let’s not forget that, last year, while fighting all the way to the end, we were still behind Red Bull in terms of performance. We want to close the gap, which has already been considerably reduced if not almost wiped out in the last few races.”

Already looking ahead to 2012, Domenicali did not deny that the time is approaching when all efforts will be focussed on the design of the new car. “At the start of September, we will concentrate solely on next year, because we have already defined all the updates for the 150° Italia, at least up until mid-October. Sure, if something was to change, then we would react accordingly. In fact, apart from the area that concerns the exhausts, on 23 August, the Technical Working Group should shed some light on all the grey areas, the regulations are practically unchanged and therefore, development on today’s car can also be useful for next year.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110805_F1_Wrooom_Summer_2011_Domenicali.aspx

epiclyaddicted
5th August 2011, 18:14
I've highlighted the bits that I found quite interesting. Particularly the one about drivers... so are we looking at someone like Sergio Perez alongside Alonso after 2012?

Don't mean to start another who replaces Massa thread, but I was just curious about Stefano's comments. :-)

Suzie
5th August 2011, 18:21
Quite possibly. Stefano did say Felipe was a Ferrari driver for 'at least' another year and a half. Who knows... things will be a lot clearer this time next year. I'd love to see Felipe stay past 2012 but I accept that the team may want to bring in someone younger to partner Fernando until 2016.

scuderiafan
5th August 2011, 18:25
i find the article before more interesting. good luck to our Aero dpet, and i hope that the relationship is good.

also, Rory is at Ferrari. :Hmm :-D

luicchi
5th August 2011, 19:32

also, Rory is at Ferrari. :Hmm :-D

So that´s why our car had an huge development....Old Rory knows more with aone eye then all the others with four...a Genious

schumi1
5th August 2011, 21:39
some great info

scuderiafan
5th August 2011, 23:29
So that´s why our car had an huge development....Old Rory knows more with aone eye then all the others with four...a Genious
I think he was also there when the car was a dog.

he was good, but we can't just say it is because of him.

I am very happy that Fry and Tomba are getting on, and I see dream team 2 coming back now :pray

Hornet
6th August 2011, 03:47
Personally I think its more likely that Ferrari would extend Massa's contract as our current line up seems to be the only sensible choice among the top drivers. And I don't recall Ferrari ever taking the risk and invest in young drivers the way other teams like Renault or Sauber do all the time.

But who knows. Stranger things have happen.

Rishu
6th August 2011, 04:11
IMO, Ferrari are targeting Sergio Perez to drive alongside Fernando Alonso after 2012. Perez is also set to test for Ferrari later this year.

http://www.f1technical.net/news/16478

Imperatore
6th August 2011, 04:25
I'd rather not have Perez in the car, if it's between these two i would prefer Jules Bianchi.

Ferrari2183
6th August 2011, 07:38
I'd rather not have Perez in the car, if it's between these two i would prefer Jules Bianchi.

Jules Bianchi is very fast but he is error prone. Reminds me of Massa to be honest.

epiclyaddicted
6th August 2011, 08:33
I think Bianchi is too green to get a race drive with Ferrari straight away. The most likely scenario in my eyes is Perez with us from 2013 alongside Alonso, and Bianchi replacing Perez at Sauber.

Rob
6th August 2011, 09:30
What about Nico Hulkenberg?

F2008
6th August 2011, 09:33
If it has to be this way I hope Bianchi / Perez are ready for it. Look what happened to other young and inexperienced drivers alongside Alonso.

Rob
6th August 2011, 09:35
Personally I think its more likely that Ferrari would extend Massa's contract as our current line up seems to be the only sensible choice among the top drivers. And I don't recall Ferrari ever taking the risk and invest in young drivers the way other teams like Renault or Sauber do all the time.

But who knows. Stranger things have happen.

In modern F1 and motor racing, you got to start looking down the ladders and finding the next batch of young hot drivers. As alot the teams want experience established drivers. It hard for younger drivers to get that step up and prove they can do it and will make good and some times great drivers. Think it great idea that we have the FDA. Alonso, Massa and all the top 6 drivers were not getting younger, we need the "next" Alonso the "next" Vettel. Groom them into the Ferrari family, team player and all round great F1 driver.

Rob
6th August 2011, 09:38
Wrooom Summer 2011 - Domenicali: “Great faith in Fry”8.5.2011

Madonna di Campiglio, 5 August –Among the many topics Stefano Domenicali discussed while chatting with journalists at Wrooom Summer 2011, obviously there was talk of what are the Scuderia’s real chances of taking a world title this season.” I always try and think positive,” said the Ferrari Team Principal. “We believe in our chances and will continue to do so until it is a mathematical impossibility. Of course, we need to win races and maybe something could change. We could have done that already in this last bit of the season, but we know how that went and why. However, ifs and buts change nothing, so it is better to concentrate on the future.

The team shares this spirit and reacted in the right way to a difficult start to the season, which saw an important restructuring of our organisation. You won’t hear me denying that the better results in this second quarter of the year are also down to the efforts of those like Costa who are no longer with the team, but I am also the first to recognise the impact that Fry has had in his new role. It has been very positive and has accelerated things nicely. Pat now has the chance to show what he is capable of, to set out the work according to his methodology and I can tell he is very motivated and I have great faith in him. Now our structure remains substantially stable: if an opportunity comes along to get someone really worthwhile, well then good, but the real secret is in finding the right combination of people, jobs and the character of the individuals. For example, I see a great relationship between Pat and Nikolas Tombazis, along with the support that comes from the amazing experience of an extraordinary man like Rory Byrne, who continues to be extremely valuable to us, even though he has been working only part time for several years now.”

Domenicali also looked to the long term in terms of the growth of the team. “Formula 1 has changed so much over the past five years. We have gone from a period in which heavy spending was the key to success to one where budgets are limited, as are one’s structures. We had already started this process of change before the past two years, but maybe it’s true that the success obtained by this group in 2007 and 2008 (two Constructors’ and one Drivers’ title) subconsciously made people a bit more resistant to change, as is normal if you are winning. In the future, it will be important to maintain close links with the universities, to pick out young talent and make them grow within the team and also for the mechanics, it will be important to create a true college to hone their skills. I think this is the key for the Scuderia over the next ten years, rather than going down the route of having a B team. In fact, already today we are bringing people on in some areas such as engine and gearbox, thanks to our customer teams.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110805_F1_Wrooom_Summer_2011_Domenicali_Great_fait h_in_Fry.aspx

epiclyaddicted
6th August 2011, 10:46
What about Nico Hulkenberg?

I'm not too convinced about Hulkenberg actually! Would rather have Perez, although I'd happily be proven wrong!

Kingdom Hearts
6th August 2011, 11:12
http://a.yfrog.com/img735/3243/x24ir.jpg

:-)

Hermann
6th August 2011, 11:30
:haha: :clap

Now if that isn't cute!

Meiga
6th August 2011, 11:41
Why do I have the feeling that they are going to start singing in a sec??? :-P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWaMJ331oYM&feature=related

Katu
6th August 2011, 11:42
Jules Bianchi is very fast but he is error prone. Reminds me of Massa to be honest.

well Jules can keep his head and car straight on the road, Massa in 2002 couldn't do either of them

Suzie
6th August 2011, 12:05

Where is that from?
I don't know whether to laugh or cringe.

Hermann
6th August 2011, 12:10
Where is that from?
I don't know whether to laugh or cringe.

Both :lol

Suzie
6th August 2011, 12:13
The words 'Brokeback Mountain' spring to mind.

Katu
6th August 2011, 12:17

i think you found my words

Suzie
6th August 2011, 12:19
http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/F10/Pages/Gallery.aspx?serverid=1043976&c=Slideshow

More hilariously cheesy photos of Stefano arsing about on a mountain bike.

epiclyaddicted
6th August 2011, 12:25

Oh no! :-?? I'll never be able to see Stefano and Fernando in the same way ever again! :-s

:lol

Suzie
6th August 2011, 12:27
Oh no! :-?? I'll never be able to see Stefano and Fernando in the same way ever again! :-s

:-D

Suzie
6th August 2011, 12:28
Where did that photo come from, Kingdom Hearts? We demand to see more so we can mock.

Kingdom Hearts
6th August 2011, 12:43
It's from today's wroooooooooooooooooooooooooom (did I missed any o?). Spanish journalist Nira Juanco took it. If I found more I will post it, don't worry:lol

burak karakutuk
6th August 2011, 13:38

It is wonderful nature.I wish i would be there

Julie B
6th August 2011, 14:38

That is sooooooo funny :clap

"Stefano?", "Yes, Fernando",...."You can see the pub from here" :-)

Suzie
6th August 2011, 15:58
It's the matching shirts that get me. I mean, why? WHY?!

Greig
6th August 2011, 16:27
Bet the merchandise thread is soon asking where to buy those shirts :-D

scuderiafan
6th August 2011, 16:41
:rotfl :rotfl

sagi58
6th August 2011, 16:54
It's the matching shirts that get me. I mean, why? WHY?! Maybe they went to a http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001814971/1634539071_1_large.png ??:angel

Suzie
6th August 2011, 17:13
Bet the merchandise thread is soon asking where to buy those shirts :-D

For God's sake don't take the pee then.

Hombre B
6th August 2011, 17:27
Wrooom Summer 2011 - Alonso: “Never forget those who suffer”

Madonna di Campiglio – Fernando Alonso was on hand for the second and final day of Wrooom Summer 2011. The Spanish driver arrived in Madonna di Campiglio late last night in a Ferrari FF and he spent today taking a long walk against the breathtaking backdrop of the Dolomites at Brenta, as well as tackling a daredevil downhill ride on a mountain bike, accompanied by Stefano Domenicali, as well as the group of Italian and international journalists taking part in the event, organised in collaboration with Philip Morris International.

“Events like these are special because, for once, they allow you to spend time together away from the frenetic pace of the race track and the working environment of the factory,” said Fernando when he met the press. “We also come here to Madonna di Campiglio at the beginning of January and then there are also more private occasions, in which I can get together with the engineers and mechanics. It’s a nice way to get to know one another better and to find the sort of understanding you get with a second family. I think these events are part of what makes Ferrari a special team, different from all the others. I must admit I also love coming to the mountains: around Oviedo there are more places like these than beaches and my next door neighbours are cows, just like the one we came across strolling through the Dolomites today.”

Wrooom provided Fernando with an opportunity to look further afield than the small world of Formula 1. “Today, we are here in the mountains, in a fantastic place, but we must never forget there are many people in the world less fortunate than us. I’m not just thinking of those who are suffering because of the economic crisis, but more of those who are literally struggling to survive, dying of starvation, as is happening now in the Horn of Africa. As you know, I am an ambassador for UNICEF, because I believe that famous people can at least get the message across in a strong way and to as many people as possible: that’s why I wear the logo of the United Nations humanitarian organisation on my race suit. But everyone, can do their bit to help…” Fernando has also played a part in setting up two schools in a favela in Sao Paolo, Brazil.

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110806_F1_WrooomSummer_2011_Alonso_never_forget_th ose_who_suffer.aspx

racingbradley
6th August 2011, 17:41
Maybe they went to a http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001814971/1634539071_1_large.png ??:angel
No it was BOGOF ;-)
For those who are not British it means buy one get one free. :-)
same thing I know.

Hombre B
6th August 2011, 17:53
Wrooom Summer 2011 - Alonso: “A 7 for the season so far”

Madonna di Campiglio, 6 August – Fernando Alonso seems to be a bit more generous than his team boss Stefano Domenicali when it comes to scoring the Scuderia’s season so far. Yesterday, the Ferrari Team Principal gave it a 6+, but the Spaniard has raised that to a 7. “A 9 or a 10 can go to those who lead the championship, but this has not been such a bad a season for us so far,” said Fernando. “Sure, the beginning was very difficult: we had hoped for a better start but we did not manage it. In China we went through what was possibly the worst point, because not only were we not fighting for the win with McLaren and Red Bull, but we were also behind Mercedes and maybe Renault, who had already scored two podium finishes. However, after that, we reacted well. We still lack a little something in all areas, including from the drivers, to be at the level of the best. However, I feel much more part of the team than I did a year ago. In terms of driving, I don’t think I’ve ever been this strong.” Alonso was asked for his opinion of the new organisational structure of the team and his thoughts on the 2012 car. “I think what’s been done has been very positive and, in any case, you don’t just change things for the sake of change, but in order to improve. From my point of view, I feel there is a greater will to move forward, more speed and daring in taking some decisions. There is a greater feeling of optimism, more determination and I think the results of that are already evident in the first phase of the design of next year’s car. We are working well, with a lot of creativity: we hope the car will be a surprise from this point of view, but most of all we hope it’s quick. Already this year, we have seen cars that have been considered very interesting and extreme and then they haven’t delivered the results.”

Fernando was somewhat lost for words when he was informed of Domenicali’s comment from yesterday, when he stated that the Spaniard had settled into the team quicker than had Michael Schumacher back in his day. “I don’t know what to say, except that I immediately felt comfortable at Ferrari. But it would be very difficult to repeat what Michael did, because things are very different now to what they were a decade ago. Having said that, I am currently experiencing the best years of my career and that makes me very optimistic for the future.”

Fernando was also informed of Vettel and Hamilton’s comments regarding the fact that sooner or later, they would like to come to Ferrari. “It seems a normal thing to say: all drivers want to race for Ferrari. Some might say it openly, others deny it even if they are thinking it. For my part, it makes me feel even more privileged, because I am at Ferrari now and I will be for many years to come, at least to the end of 2016. I am very happy to have Felipe as a team-mate and we work very well together. If the day arrives when someone else was to come here, that would not be a problem for me, even if it was Hamilton.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110806_F1_WrooomSummer_2011_Alonso_A_7_for_the_sea son_so_far.aspx

Hombre B
6th August 2011, 18:40
Wrooom Summer 2011 - Alonso: “We have a moral obligation to still believe in the title”

Madonna di Campiglio, 6 August – Fernando Alonso’s day in the Dolomites finished with a visit to the falls at Mezzo di Vallesinella, a jewel tucked away a few kilometres from the area of the Trentino mountain. From there it was just a short mountain bike dash to the hotel which hosts the journalists and event staff. “The bicycle is one of my great passions and in this two week break, I will not miss the opportunity for some training on two wheels,” said Fernando, who is quite capable of racking up a hundred kilometres a day when his training is reaching its peak. “Now I need to unwind a bit: the same goes for me as for the whole team, because July was really a very stressful month. We will need to have our batteries fully charged, because from Spa onwards, we can expect three months of doing everything in one go, with the last two races in Europe and then the final run, which will take us back and forth from one side of the world to the other.”

Fernando’s target is very simple: “We must try and win as many races as possible. We are realistic and the championship situation is what it is, but we have seen so often that there can be sudden reversals. And after all, we are Ferrari and we have a moral obligation, especially for the millions of fans spread around the world, to always think of the maximum goal. We can’t ever say we will tackle eight races without having the championship in the back of our mind: we will always have an eye on the title, at least until there is no longer the slightest chance. Of course we must start winning and we have to hope that Vettel makes a few mistakes or has some problems.”

Chatting with the journalists, Fernando managed to find a good reason to win every race still to go. “In Spa I have never won in Formula 1 and it would be nice to do that, then comes Monza which is special and I would like to feel again the amazing feeling I got from it last year,” said the Ferrari man. “As for Singapore, I have already won twice and I got on the podium a third time: a magic race for me. Winning at Suzuka is great because of the nature of the track and I’ve already managed it in Korea, so doing the double would be welcome, just as it would be to write my name on the first line of the winners’ list for the Indian Grand Prix. Abu Dhabi? Well, you all know I would love to cancel out the horrible memories linked to that track… And Brazil is where I won both my world titles!”

The Spaniard did not want to make any promises he might not be able to keep, especially for the fans. “Formula 1 is too complicated a sport to make declarations. It requires everyone to give their all in order to win and the genius of an individual is not enough. If you look at Adrian Newey, it’s not a case of him turning up at Red Bull and at a stroke, creating a winning car with a magic wand. It took years for all the team to reach the level it is at now. It takes great people, structures and, clearly a little pinch of genius. I am convinced we too have that genius.”

http://www.ferrari.com/English/Formula1/News/Headlines/Pages/110806_F1_WrooomSummer_2011_Alonso_We_have_moral_o bligation_to_still_believe_in_the_title.aspx

schumi1
6th August 2011, 19:59
I hope Massa stays at ferrari for a while yet.

GO FELIPE

Kingdom Hearts
7th August 2011, 03:56
Love the 3 articles on Ferrari.com about Alonso in the Wrooooooooooooooooooooooooom. He nailed everything he said, can believe some people hate this guy, fortunately, Ferrari fans knows better. They have some cool pic in the gallery to.

sagi58
7th August 2011, 04:21
No it was BOGOF ;-)
For those who are not British it means buy one get one free. :-)
same thing I know. Too true!! But, the word "free" makes the "difference", I think!!:lol

Axelsson
7th August 2011, 06:14
http://i.imgur.com/7Qq8P.jpg

Katu
7th August 2011, 07:51
I hope Massa stays at ferrari for a while yet.

GO FELIPE

so he could wear matching shirts too?

racingbradley
7th August 2011, 13:30

He He they do look like an odd couple maybe they are trying to experience Brokeback Mountain!!!!! :rotfl

sagi58
7th August 2011, 14:53
He He they do look like an odd couple... Looks like they're making a very particular Italian dish called "polenta"!!

NJB13
7th August 2011, 15:27
Looks like they're making a very particular Italian dish called "polenta"!!

...... or...... they're cleaning diapers :lol

Kingdom Hearts
7th August 2011, 15:34
Many hi-res pics.

http://www.f1-direct.net/2011/img/wrooomete/

sagi58
7th August 2011, 15:46
...... or...... they're cleaning diapers :lol Isn't being potty-trainedhttp://www.directsmiley.com/cat/10/10_2_1.gif a pre-requisite for F1? :angel

racingbradley
8th August 2011, 14:32
Isn't being potty-trainedhttp://www.directsmiley.com/cat/10/10_2_1.gif a pre-requisite for F1? :angel

Naughty, naughty :-) Johnny Herbert didn't manage his potty training then.;-);-)

justjesper
9th August 2011, 00:02
Where is our other driver ?
Or do we only have one ?

sagi58
9th August 2011, 00:20
First, I searched and searched and searched; but, was unable to find anything on Massa at Wroom, this year!

Secondly, it looks like it wasn't just Alonso and Domenicali that were wearing matching shirts:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/f1fen/6015153068/in/set-72157627370067988/

Hornet
9th August 2011, 03:44
Or do we only have one ?
Maybe Massa choose not to attend, maybe he's occupied with something else. We'll never know.

NJB13
9th August 2011, 06:25
Maybe Massa choose not to attend, maybe he's occupied with something else. We'll never know.

Think I read that Felipe had other commitments and wanted to spend time home (Brazil home that is)......

Meiga
9th August 2011, 09:32
Or do we only have one ?

I seem to remember that I read he had gone back to Brazil for his holidays. Obviously Wroom is not a mandatory event, and Brazil is far away enough for it making sense that Massa goes there to see friends and family for as long as possible. I am sure that Alonso has more opportunities to see his relatives in Spain, plus maybe he really liked the shirt! ;-)

racingbradley
9th August 2011, 09:58
I must admit I haven't heard of vrooom in the summer before. Great pics thank you all for posting. :-)

Felipe Massa plays Game Stock Car
7th August 2011 20:00
Felipe Massa, Brazilian driver of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula One team, takes up the challenge to race online against his fellow countryman Bruno do Carmo in a fierce battle on the Interlagos circuit. According to Reiza Studios lead Renato Simioni also Rubens Barrichello and lots of other real life racers play the game!

Game Stock Car is the official game of the main brazilian autoracing series. Developed with the support of actual teams and drivers, Game Stock Car accurately simulates the series´ 2010 season, with 34 cars and teams racing around the country in 10 minutely modelled race tracks.

Combining the best in simulation technology with first-class gameplay, Game Stock Car will offer the player an unrivalled racing experience.

F2008
9th August 2011, 12:12
I must admit I haven't heard of vrooom in the summer before. Great pics thank you all for posting. :-)

Felipe Massa plays Game Stock Car
7th August 2011 20:00
Felipe Massa, Brazilian driver of the Scuderia Ferrari Formula One team, takes up the challenge to race online against his fellow countryman Bruno do Carmo in a fierce battle on the Interlagos circuit. According to Reiza Studios lead Renato Simioni also Rubens Barrichello and lots of other real life racers play the game!

Game Stock Car is the official game of the main brazilian autoracing series. Developed with the support of actual teams and drivers, Game Stock Car accurately simulates the series´ 2010 season, with 34 cars and teams racing around the country in 10 minutely modelled race tracks.

Combining the best in simulation technology with first-class gameplay, Game Stock Car will offer the player an unrivalled racing experience.

Here is the battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj3atztKuac

You can recognize Felipe's driving style immediately.

sagi58
9th August 2011, 12:51
Here is the battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj3atztKuac

You can recognize Felipe's driving style immediately. Thank you!!

NJB13
9th August 2011, 13:02
Very cool vid

scuderiafan
9th August 2011, 14:19
maybe felipe chose to go to his home rather than do a week long pr exercise :Hmm

sagi58
9th August 2011, 14:23
:-E You mean... Ferrari doesn't use team orders for PR but McLaren does?? :lol

Actually, if I had the choice, Brazil would be very difficult to refuse!!;-)

racingbradley
9th August 2011, 14:26
I think you will find Felipe does some PR while he is on holiday in Brazil.
I think he did last year.;-)

sagi58
9th August 2011, 14:39
Oh, I'm sure all F1 drivers are "on" no matter where they are in the public eye!
Besides, that Stock Car racing is PR, idn't it?