PDA

View Full Version : F1 2012 Chinese GP Practice Thread

Icon
13th April 2012, 01:59
Haven't find any thread this week, So I am starting one.

Can't wait to see our updates. Hopefully they will work better than expected.

:ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

Hornet
13th April 2012, 02:02
Thanks for the thread :-D

Interview with Horner, he said that one thing the CFD and wind tunnel doesn't simulate is the exhaust plume. This is why they need real running to develop the exhaust. CFD isn't any use here.

Icon
13th April 2012, 02:03
Massa on Track

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:04
Link Please

Hornet
13th April 2012, 02:05
Here's one that is working for me
http://www.vipbox.tv/watch/42434/1/f1-grand-prix-shanghai,-china---practice-1-live-stream-online.html

Icon
13th April 2012, 02:06
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/118552/1/watch-f1-grand-prix-shanghai,-china---practice-1.html

No English

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:09
both not working

Icon
13th April 2012, 02:10
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/118552/2/watch-f1-grand-prix-shanghai,-china---practice-1.html

Sky Sports Link

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:14
everybody on warm up lap and entering the pit

Hornet
13th April 2012, 02:15
McLaren using airspeed sensor on the diffuser. Red Bull doing a comparison between the old beam wing blowing exhaust, and the newer exhaust blowing on the floor.

Edit: Rear wing flow vis for Alonso :-)

both not working
Do you happen to be using any ad blocker or script blocker?

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:15
hopefully our upgrade working nicely.

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:16
McLaren using airspeed sensor on the diffuser. Red Bull doing a comparison between the old beam wing blowing exhaust, and the newer exhaust blowing on the floor.

Edit: Rear wing flow vis for Alonso :-)

Do you happen to be using any ad blocker or script blocker?

it ok already thank my anti virus happen to block.

Icon
13th April 2012, 02:17
New Rear Wing on Fernando's Car

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:17
hopefully our upgrade working couple of tenth.

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:19
everybody still not set any time yet.

Hornet
13th April 2012, 02:33
Slight rain now :-s

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:33
first time set by webber 1.44.542

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:38
Webber improve track time to 1.39.558

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:47
Hamilton, Alonso still in garage no sign of running, alonso car still not ready yet because they change rear wing and other small upgrade into the car.

johncnet
13th April 2012, 02:50
Massa P6 at the moment

Hornet
13th April 2012, 02:53
Bad weather, kind of sucks we cant do more test

Kyss4k
13th April 2012, 02:57
Central pylon is clever idea? :-E Why? Because RedBull has it? Dear lord, everyone did have it at the start of 2011 and than they got rid of it to improvre the airflow. But now RedBull brings it back and it's something fantastic? Oh come on Sky...

Rishu
13th April 2012, 03:02
No need to go out, as Ferrari can still have same wet weather set up from Malaysia, although crucial time being lost to test new components

62 min: Alonso can barely keep his slick-shod Ferrari on the road and wisely heads for the pits.

Rishu
13th April 2012, 03:06
Trying out slicks now, while others on inters

Cemz85
13th April 2012, 03:09
anyone watching this on vipbox.tv? is your stream laggy? stop and go video?

Icon
13th April 2012, 03:16
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/118552/3/watch-f1-grand-prix-shanghai,-china---practice-1.html

I am watching here, so far so good

FerrariF60
13th April 2012, 03:33
wow those mclaren's are pretty quick again...will Lewis get pole again??? probably, but of course he'll get penilized 5 places

Nova
13th April 2012, 03:42
///Very little real running due to conditions..Fp1 ovah..
Ferrari's 11/12th

goferrarigo
13th April 2012, 05:31
Hopefully we can have a dry FP2, so we can test these new parts :pray

Katu
13th April 2012, 06:10
it's just FP vettel!

Katu
13th April 2012, 06:33
nice drifting

Katu
13th April 2012, 06:46
Glock's car nose just came off.. just like that

Icon
13th April 2012, 06:53
1.2 seconds off pace, not looks good:-s

Rishu
13th April 2012, 06:56
Front runners are on softs, I think it will be about 8-9 tenths

goferrarigo
13th April 2012, 06:58
Wow, we are really struggling on quali pace, Alonso over 1 second slower than Shumi :-(

Hornet
13th April 2012, 07:00
Front runners are on softs, I think it will be about 8-9 tenths

Alonso was on soft too. Though he did quite a few laps

goferrarigo
13th April 2012, 07:00
So we lose about 7tenths to Schumi in the final sector alone :-E

medeni73
13th April 2012, 07:03
Massa has a strange feeling....:roll

We are looking even worse than earlier meaning other teams are developing...and we?

Hornet
13th April 2012, 07:05
So we lose about 7tenths to Schumi in the final sector alone :-E

Thats the long straight where the Merc DRS give them an advantage.

A better indication is to compare to Lewis. But that's still very depressing :lol

medeni73
13th April 2012, 07:06
Our only hope that Alonso somehow snaps P10 is that Lotus remains so bad as it is now...
and with Massa we will see some breathtaking actions on Pic, Glock, Karthikeyan....

Kyss4k
13th April 2012, 07:11
Wow, that Sauber :-E

And it looks like the others made a bigger progress than us. We just can hope for something magical in Barcelona.

medeni73
13th April 2012, 07:15
I'm afraid the magic does not exist...at least it doesnt happen so often...

FER
13th April 2012, 07:18
I'm pretty sure we didn't run low fuel, so let's wait tomorrow.

Kyss4k
13th April 2012, 07:24
We are really competitive on high fuel runs. It's incredible. How can we be more than a second slower than the top guys on low fuel runs? It doesn't make sense :-(

FER
13th April 2012, 07:26
We are really competitive on high fuel runs. It's incredible. How can we be more than a second slower than the top guys on low fuel runs? It doesn't make sense :-(

We call it downforce ;-) In this case it's more the lack of it.

Hermann
13th April 2012, 07:28
Message to Massa: 'Fernando is not braking in corner 3' :-E

Hornet
13th April 2012, 07:30
One good thing is Button seems to be struggling, and Lewis will get a penalty, and seems to be locking up a lot too.

For the championship sake, it would be good if McLaren don't win this weekend.

FER
13th April 2012, 07:31

Frustrating team radio.

medeni73
13th April 2012, 07:32
so its time for Massa to take some driving lessons from Fernando...and this message comes from Smedley...
so they are really under pressure there...

Hornet
13th April 2012, 07:34
Oh well. Lets just hope it rains on Sunday, or its going to be a long race for us.

Frustrating team radio.

Unfortunately, that's Rob's job and he have to do it to help Massa improve his lap time. They both are driving the same car, so if Alonso can do something with it somewhere, then Rob have to let Massa know so he can see if he can do it too.

Brakefade
13th April 2012, 07:35

It's inevitable. Ferrari needs to bring Perez in. Why prolong this? Rob has been Massa's biggest supporter, and even he sounds frustrated every time we hear him on the radio.

Kingdom Hearts
13th April 2012, 07:37
It's not the first time Rob teach Massa how to drive, so I don't know why the surprise, also this kind of info it's something that Felipe will know when he reads the telemetry after the season ends, something that every driver do.

medeni73
13th April 2012, 07:38
so to sum things up:

good signs: Mercs have again a horrible longrun pace, Lotus looks even worse than us, Buttons struggles, RBs dont look that good on track despite good times, with heavy car our runs look almost on par with the best...

bad signs: downforce is nowhere to see around our car, we are over 1 sec (Fry said 0.8) off with light car, Massa is in panic (what did he do all week in that simulator???), rain is probably not to be seen on Sunday...

scuderiafan
13th April 2012, 08:12
I don't really think that practice times are representative. Look at lotus, I am pretty sure that they are faster than that. Let's wit until tomorrow to judge anything.

Kyss4k
13th April 2012, 08:14
We call it downforce ;-) In this case it's more the lack of it.

Well, you need downforce even on high fuel runs. I know, that when the car is full of fuel, it's pushed more to the ground (exactly what downforce is doing) but it's the same for every car. So how can it affect only our low fuel runs? If I were forced to bet on something it would be massive balance issue.

scuderiafan
13th April 2012, 08:19
Well, you need downforce even on high fuel runs. I know, that when the car is full of fuel, it's pushed more to the ground (exactly what downforce is doing) but it's the same for every car. So how can it affect only our low fuel runs? If I were forced to bet on something it would be massive balance issue.

I agree.

Chicane
13th April 2012, 08:43
Another damage limitation situation for ferrari..hopefully they fix the balance tomorrow..but really its all about overhauling the
the maximum points for ferrari on sunday..atleast were leading for now thats give us a bit of space..hopefully bahrain will be cancelled to have maximum time for developement..and may the barca upgrades fixs all this problems and be competitive in all aspect..

Goodluck to Massa..i dont know whats wrong with him..maybe he needs a break or something to sort things out.his way way off..

diesel08
13th April 2012, 08:54
I agree with you, Alonso made a race run, mixt setup.Only tomorow ferrari run in qualif mode.

diesel08
13th April 2012, 08:57
We hope in a mixt race condition, sunday a podium place it is posibility for Fernando

Kingdom Hearts
13th April 2012, 10:40
This could be the race that will show the true speed of the car, no more luck, no more Alonso's magic, but we will see eveything can happen. The positive thing is that the updates worked well according to Pat.

Nova
13th April 2012, 14:19
I dont want to depend on circumstance to help the car...rain, wet, whatever. Id like to see the car fighting for wins.
Id like to view P1/2 as testing sessions for the updates. So they went ok, yet so did the other teams updates, so
we're still basically in the same position. If the difference to the front remains the same thru the next 4 races, they
may have to do something radical. I would hate for us to be in this position the whole season.
But wanting rain or mixed weather conditions to help a car win is really not what its about.

Hornet
13th April 2012, 14:28
Ferrari have made it clear that we won't see any big update until Barcelona.

So until then, it will be the same thing for the first 4 races, its all about damage limitation and this is where we really need some luck like that rain in Sepang.

In a perfect condition, we would be struggling this Sunday, and next Sunday. This is not going to change. So this is why we need some special circumstances to get as much point as possible.

Then after the Barcelona updates, we can talk about the remainder of the season.

Katu
13th April 2012, 15:22
i think the biggest luck for team would be if bahrain would be cancelled

F2002
13th April 2012, 15:29
I have learnt by now to stop whinging, and simply sit back and enjoy the races.

It will be interesting to see how RB shape up now that they have reverted to an older exhaust configuration, and what will happen at the start when Hamilton will try to regain places (even if he starts in 5th place, which is the best he will hope for).

The official weather forecast says that tomorrow we will see the only dry sessions of the weekend, so not much we can expect from the F2012 in qualifying in these conditions. I am really looking forward to the race though.

Hornet
13th April 2012, 15:31
i think the biggest luck for team would be if bahrain would be cancelled

Heh, that's true. We'll probably lose more points to our competitor there since its almost guaranteed a dry hot race.

stefa
13th April 2012, 15:48
Ferrari have made it clear that we won't see any big update until Barcelona.

So until then, it will be the same thing for the first 4 races, its all about damage limitation and this is where we really need some luck like that rain in Sepang.

In a perfect condition, we would be struggling this Sunday, and next Sunday. This is not going to change. So this is why we need some special circumstances to get as much point as possible.

Then after the Barcelona updates, we can talk about the remainder of the season.

It is always Barcelona. Why? Why not introduce updates as soon as possible (if they have them at all)? Why loose points in four races? Everyone else will be introducing updates for first European race. They are already in front of us. So even if Ferrari introduce some magical updates that will make car 1 second faster instantly, every one else will be again in front of us with couple of tenths with their updates. It will be game of catching for Ferrari, and limiting damage from race to race, until they give up and said again, we are going to focus on next years car which is going to be a winner straight from the first race.
Not to get me wrong. I am still optimist, but time is passing and nothing is coming our way... And with those mysterious updates for Spain, even if it is a brand new car, we can hope. As I said last year when car is born bad it will die bad. Nothing will make a piece of into a winning car.

Nova
13th April 2012, 16:28
Ferrari can make it clear as they want, but the simple truth is the car is not competitive at all. We're 1.7 off Hams time in P2.
How do you take a car that is essentially not as quick as the Sauber, and transform it into a front running car? Without
building a new car, or replacing the front susp and the sidepod/exhaust configuration, you are dead in the water. A race car is good out of the
box, or it needs "some" development, not drastic measures. I do hope they surprise me and the car comes good for Q/race, but if it takes a
1/2 season of throwing parts on a car, and it still is not in it w/a chance..well...
I am whining a bit, then again...if the truth sounds like whining, then yea, I am.

grinchy
13th April 2012, 18:02
Ferrari can make it clear as they want, but the simple truth is the car is not competitive at all. We're 1.7 off Hams time in P2.
How do you take a car that is essentially not as quick as the Sauber, and transform it into a front running car? Without
building a new car, or replacing the front susp and the sidepod/exhaust configuration, you are dead in the water. A race car is good out of the
box, or it needs "some" development, not drastic measures. I do hope they surprise me and the car comes good for Q/race, but if it takes a
1/2 season of throwing parts on a car, and it still is not in it w/a chance..well...
I am whining a bit, then again...if the truth sounds like whining, then yea, I am.

I`ve got an idea, why dont you send your CV to Luca Di Montezemolo and surely with your expertise you can sort it for us all !

Red_Diamond
13th April 2012, 18:05
It is always Barcelona. Why? Why not introduce updates as soon as possible (if they have them at all)? Why loose points in four races? Everyone else will be introducing updates for first European race. They are already in front of us. So even if Ferrari introduce some magical updates that will make car 1 second faster instantly, every one else will be again in front of us with couple of tenths with their updates. It will be game of catching for Ferrari, and limiting damage from race to race, until they give up and said again, we are going to focus on next years car which is going to be a winner straight from the first race.
Not to get me wrong. I am still optimist, but time is passing and nothing is coming our way... And with those mysterious updates for Spain, even if it is a brand new car, we can hope. As I said last year when car is born bad it will die bad. Nothing will make a piece of into a winning car.

Parts take time to make. They don't have a mass assembly line for F1 parts....:lol

last time I looked this car won the race? is it not already a winning car? :lol:lol

I think you should wait until Barcelona before throwing the team under the bus. Again. :roll

F2002
13th April 2012, 18:15
Parts take time to make. They don't have a mass assembly line for F1 parts....:lol

last time I looked this car won the race? is it not already a winning car? :lol:lol

I think you should wait until Barcelona before throwing the team under the bus. Again. :roll

I have recently watched a documentary about Williams F1 (unless I am mistaken, the film is a few years old), which has changed my perception regarding how long it really takes to make new parts.

Lead times have reduced substantially it appears.

Fer12
13th April 2012, 18:23
Looks like Ferrari have their own F duct....
http://t.co/7DIvPsAM...
They also have a new rear wing to work with this...

F2002
13th April 2012, 18:36
Are you sure ? They seem to be suffering from a top speed deficit still.

Alonsomaniac
13th April 2012, 20:06
First worry this weekend is getting into Q3...maybe Fernando can do that, maybe he can't.
Felipe...I just don't understand it anymore. Whatever they try, it just does not work. Rob's remark that Fernando was not braking in turn 3 (which means Felipe did brake) just tells me Felipe has no trust in the car, he can't run it flatout because it does not feel right. Why??
So I suppose no Q3 for Felipe...
Second worry is the weather on Sunday. Hot and dry? Just stay home. Cool and wet? Watch Alonso's magic.
But all in all, this season is like walking over the edge of a knife...the chance of getting hurt is very big.

Jose Lorca
13th April 2012, 20:37
Chances of rain don't look so good anymore. The maximum for this weekend could be 5th/6th for Alonso and 17th/18th for Massa.

Let's hope Ferrari are sandbagging and downplaying the effectiveness of the new updates.

Nova
13th April 2012, 20:37
I`ve got an idea, why dont you send your CV to Luca Di Montezemolo and surely with your expertise you can sort it for us all !

I should probably get all upset about your post, but Im not. Im more upset that Ferrari look so bad and are so low
on the chart at practice. And Luca has a lot more to deal with.
It wouldve been better if you posted something a tad more intelligent.
I should tell you to keep your opinions to yourself, but anyone can post an opinion. So post an opinion..

My post is an analysis, and an opinion. If you dont like it...well, thats tough pooh for you.
Doesnt change the fact that the car isnt that good.

Oh, n if the car does come good? I'll take back everything I said.
Believe me, I would love for Ferrari to prove me absolutely wrong! This week,

Stormsearcher
13th April 2012, 21:26

Lets just wait and watch mate. Am sure the team are trying their very best. Nobody wants a lemon on purpose. So if the barcelona update is actually a new chassis/design, maybe we are trying parts that suit that car and not necessarily this one. In which case the races till then we have decided to do just damage control. Touch wood, but Nando is doing a fine job of it till now. :-)
There is still lot more to come. Fingers crossed!

Stormsearcher
13th April 2012, 21:28

Thats good observation. Maybe the B spec chassis sorts that out. Dunno. Just hoping for the best.

Kiwi Nick
13th April 2012, 21:33
Perhaps you have inadvertently stumbled upon the source of the problem...Luca is more focused on becoming President of Italy than winning the WCC!

F1NAC
13th April 2012, 22:12
Looks like Ferrari have their own F duct....
http://t.co/7DIvPsAM...
They also have a new rear wing to work with this...

I don't think that is F duct , cause our rear wing is narrow .

Poltergeistes
13th April 2012, 23:14
First worry this weekend is getting into Q3...maybe Fernando can do that, maybe he can't.
Felipe...I just don't understand it anymore. Whatever they try, it just does not work. Rob's remark that Fernando was not braking in turn 3 (which means Felipe did brake) just tells me Felipe has no trust in the car, he can't run it flatout because it does not feel right. Why??
So I suppose no Q3 for Felipe...
Second worry is the weather on Sunday. Hot and dry? Just stay home. Cool and wet? Watch Alonso's magic.
But all in all, this season is like walking over the edge of a knife...the chance of getting hurt is very big.

I'm thinking the reason is, it's a beast of a car, and so it can be very easy to lose it, and simply crash it or do any demage, the reason fernando isn't brakin where felipe is, well fernando is more comfortable with a bull of a car like that. also fernando has enough credit built in, felipe is just the opposite. so for him it's really demage control, either try to get the car to finish line and not spin it out of control or crash, or, risk it all by stepping on it like fernando has, and then suffer the consequences.

It's really becoming an impossible task here. Felipe needs to up his game alot, but then again fernando makes it look so easy, doesn't mean that simply replacing felipe will solve the problem.

Alonsomaniac
13th April 2012, 23:44
I'm thinking the reason is, it's a beast of a car, and so it can be very easy to lose it, and simply crash it or do any demage, the reason fernando isn't brakin where felipe is, well fernando is more comfortable with a bull of a car like that. also fernando has enough credit built in, felipe is just the opposite. so for him it's really demage control, either try to get the car to finish line and not spin it out of control or crash, or, risk it all by stepping on it like fernando has, and then suffer the consequences.

It's really becoming an impossible task here. Felipe needs to up his game alot, but then again fernando makes it look so easy, doesn't mean that simply replacing felipe will solve the problem.

No, replacing Felipe will not solve anything, I agree. My question - why?? - was a sort of movielike "why God, why?" because I simply want both of our drivers to do well, not one of them replaced.
And- I know how hard Felipe is working on it and it's just a shame it won't come up to him....

Fer12
14th April 2012, 01:45
I don't think that is F duct , cause our rear wing is narrow .

The new wing that Ferrari brought is wide..doesn have those multiple winglets near the endplates...

Cemz85
14th April 2012, 01:52
anyone got top speed data for fp2?

Kyss4k
14th April 2012, 03:19
anyone got top speed data for fp2?

http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2012/866/7134/speed_trap.html
If we have an f-duct, it's not working...

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:24
still no sign of running both massa and alonso for P3 time left 30 minute

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:31
P10 for alonso and P14 for massa

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:33
Alonso move to P8

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:37
P10 once again for alonso kaboyashi and J vergne move up

Rishu
14th April 2012, 03:38
Its unusual to see no sparkel in Blown diffuser Champion's eyes which was so imminent for past two years. Lol

Tony
14th April 2012, 03:41
Am I going to have to post reminders in every thread, guys please keep it civil.... please avoid making personal attacks......

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:44
Massa P18 my god

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:45
Am I going to have to post reminders in every thread, guys please keep it civil.... please avoid making personal attacks......

Never do

Rishu
14th April 2012, 03:47
With Hamilton's penalty, big chance either Mercedes will start from Pole

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:49
With Hamilton's penalty, big chance either Mercedes will start from Pole

yeah as long not red bull i be happy to see

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:51
most team trying flying lap using soft tyre

johncnet
14th April 2012, 03:54
alonso still not out for flying lap using soft tyre, massa P15 soft tyre

Rishu
14th April 2012, 03:55
Hamster flying

Hornet
14th April 2012, 03:56
BBC said Alonso had a front suspension torsion bar change, which takes a long time due to the pull rod

Rishu
14th April 2012, 03:58
Vettel was looking good in first two sectors before aborting

johncnet
14th April 2012, 04:02
P15 and P18

johncnet
14th April 2012, 04:04
not seem very good for us at the moment, finger cross afternoon quali.

Nova
14th April 2012, 04:04
Wow...Im amazed...

johncnet
14th April 2012, 04:06
Vettel was looking good in first two sectors before aborting

i don't want to comment anything about that cucumber finger boy.

johncnet
14th April 2012, 04:07
Wow...Im amazed...

yeah wow we are not quick enough

Brad-Ferrari
14th April 2012, 04:10
Alonso didn't get to run on the option tyre, and yet Massa was still slower.

What is the performance gap between the two tyre compounds?

Hornet
14th April 2012, 04:10
That surely can't be our qualifying pace. Otherwise we won't even make it into Q2

johncnet
14th April 2012, 04:13
i'm worry we wont make it to Q2

Nova
14th April 2012, 04:15
Pitboard had Alonso listed on the softs.
Vettel was the only one running mediums. Perez was looking good.
Darn Sauber Ferrari is better than the Ferrari Ferrari!
Well boys n girls, back to the drawing board.

bladeswing
14th April 2012, 04:15
yeah wow we are not quick enough

not quick enough is a compliment. we're nowhere near quick at all.
what we have are two very fast go karts. depressing sight, but
that's why we need to support them all the more, specially felipe.

Brad-Ferrari
14th April 2012, 04:16
We will have to use a set of option tyres to get into Q2. That's the been the case for past qualifying sessions this year.

Massa may struggle to get into Q2 though. :-??

Rishu
14th April 2012, 04:20
What is the performance gap between the two tyre compounds?

5-6 tenths

Brad-Ferrari
14th April 2012, 04:20
Oops. Your right, Alonso did set his time on option tyres.

Still Massa was still almost 4 tenths off Alonso.

Brad-Ferrari
14th April 2012, 04:22
5-6 tenths

Cheers. :-)

Forza 27
14th April 2012, 04:23
@InsideFerrari
In a track where traction and speed are the key factor, a car with problems in these two areas is destined to suffer.

Su una pista dove trazione e velocità di punta sono i fattori cruciali, una vettura carente in queste aree è destinata a soffrire.

This does not mean we give up. The race is tomorrow...

Hornet
14th April 2012, 04:28
Pitboard had Alonso listed on the softs.
Vettel was the only one running mediums. Perez was looking good.
Darn Sauber Ferrari is better than the Ferrari Ferrari!
Well boys n girls, back to the drawing board.
Sometimes I wonder if we took the Sauber car, paint it red and put Alonso in it, what we could have done. I think Alonso would be fighting for podiums with it.

@InsideFerrari
In a track where traction and speed are the key factor, a car with problems in these two areas is destined to suffer.
Heh, we're destined to suffer. I'm destined to get depress watching qualifying today.

Kiwi Nick
14th April 2012, 04:30
DISASTER -- Start working on the F2014

Poltergeistes
14th April 2012, 04:45
Cheers. :-)

guys remember we are here to talk about the team and drivers in a respectiful manner please. also respect with us fans, most people here are fans of the scuderia, so bashing Massa needlessly like that isn't going to be good here. always remember, this is a tifosi site, if you are a fan of the team why are you bein like that about one driver in the team.

johncnet
14th April 2012, 04:56
Alonso has his own magic this afternoon and tommorow race hoping for finish in point that the matter most. as for massa hoping he can make it into Q2 otherwise forget about the point. hopefully massa finish in point this sunday even in 10 spot.

Nova
14th April 2012, 04:59
Start working on the F2014? Why? If its going to be anything like this, or the F60, dont bother.

I have to say that for a marque that is legend, this is the worst race car I have seen from Ferrari since 94.
This car is an afront to the legend. Why bother to bring in 1 of the best drivers on the grid and give him this race car?
Im sorry, did I call this a race car? Well, it is a car, but theres nothing race about it.

This reminds me of when Piccinnini ran the team..back when politics were more important than actually
building a good car. Ferrari was a mess then, as it is now.

Last year we werent so bad, yet everyone wanted everyone sacked...well, everyone got sacked..It took Brawn
3 years to get Ferrari right. After he left it took 3 years for Ferrari to fall right back down. And we can see what
him and Costa are doing for Merc...same thing they did for Ferrari.

Ferrari has succeeded in one area..the last car to use this front susp was a Minardi. So in that respect, they have
succeeded. The car runs just like a Minardi. And the sad thing is, they dont know how to fix it. Park this thing under a tree, plant some flowers in it, build a new car.
You havent heard anything from Luca because his foot is stuck in yet another large, flat screen tv.
Great, bring in a bunch of ex mac guys, n now I know why mac let them go.

Do I sound upset? Hell yea Im upset. Im not in the mood for another decade of mediocre race cars from the marque that is the legend.
And there is no need to respond to my rant, Im off to have a good, stiff drink. Wake me when this is over.

Alfa159
14th April 2012, 05:11
It seems as though we're actually moving backward not forward!

stefa
14th April 2012, 05:19
[QUOTE=Nova;720728]Start working on the F2014? Why? If its going to be anything like this, or the F60, dont bother.

I have to say that for a marque that is legend, this is the worst race car I have seen from Ferrari since 94.
This car is an afront to the legend. Why bother to bring in 1 of the best drivers on the grid and give him this race car?
Im sorry, did I call this a race car? Well, it is a car, but theres nothing race about it.

This reminds me of when Piccinnini ran the team..back when politics were more important than actually

Last year we werent so bad, yet everyone wanted everyone sacked...well, everyone got sacked..It took Brawn
3 years to get Ferrari right. After he left it took 3 years for Ferrari to fall right back down. And we can see what

Ferrari has succeeded in one area..the last car to use this front susp was a Minardi. So in that respect, they have
succeeded. The car runs just like a Minardi. And the sad thing is, they dont know how to fix it. Park this thing under a tree, plant some flowers in it, build a new car.
You havent heard anything from Luca because his foot is stuck in yet another large, flat screen tv.

Do I sound upset? Hell yea Im upset. Im not in the mood for another decade of mediocre race cars from the marque that is the legend.
And there is no need to respond to my rant, Im off to have a good, stiff drink. Wake me when this is over.[/QUOT

Well said comrade. It is really embarrassing to watch Ferrari as a slow midfield team in an ugly car, wasting enormous Alonso talent. Sad...

Alfa159
14th April 2012, 05:22
[QUOTE=stefa;720732][QUOTE=Nova;720728]Start working on the F2014? Why? If its going to be anything like this, or the F60, dont bother.

And there is no need to respond to my rant, Im off to have a good, stiff drink. Wake me when this is over.[/QUOT

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Alfa159
14th April 2012, 05:24
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/17710720

red power
14th April 2012, 05:38
Start working on the F2014? Why? If its going to be anything like this, or the F60, dont bother.

And there is no need to respond to my rant, Im off to have a good, stiff drink. Wake me when this is over.

Well said mate, couldn't agree more.

lizard_nl
14th April 2012, 05:50
Buying out Sauber would be a short-term, quick fix. Sauber with its basic not complicated design is easily in the top 10 (if not higher) with Perez at the wheel. Imagine where Alonso would be.

Then the rest of the guys at Maranello could look into a long-term solution.

This is the 3rd year Ferrari haven't been close to having a winning car.

Ferrari has the $'s and there is no resource restrictions. They need to flex their muscles and get this fixed ASAP or as we all fear another season (and one that JUST started) could be lost trying to play catch up.

Likely not realistic but this waiting is very difficult for all us fans. Waiting with hope and getting nowhere close to Mac, Merc, RB, Lotus, ...