PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about going to SPA this year...

FerrariF60
24th May 2012, 13:19
Hello all,

I’m thinking of going to spa this year since I LOVE that track every time I watch the race on TV and I can just imagine how awesome it would be to watch it live.

So if it’s not too much trouble I’d like to ask some of you that already been there for opinions on this and what would be a good place to buy tickets and which grand stand is really good to watch from??
I know General Admission are cheaper but then again (you get what you pay for).
Ultimately I’d like to get tickets for EAU ROUGE grand stands, but they are quite pricy…
I’m from Canada and I’ll be visiting some friends in Belgium which are about 40 min or so from the track and I can drive a car from their place to the track; how is parking over there??? Pretty decent, or would it make more sense to take a bus there and back??

Any other information that you guys/girls can think of to make this trip easier for me would be GREATLY APPRECIATED.

sv_godspeed
24th May 2012, 15:39
hey F60, we went to Spa in 2010 (my first live F1 experience) and it was absolutely amazing...

tickets: i would recommend buying them directly on the Spa circuit site (www.spagrandprix.com (http://www.spagrandprix.com/)) but its probably too late for most of their best deals.
seating: the Eau Rouge grandstand is not really the best because, depending on where in the stand you seat is, you may not be able to see the cars coming down from the first corner...i suggest the grandstand at Les Combes (the end of the Kemmel straight) since you can see all the way down the straight and most of the passes in Spa happen at that corner anyway...
on the other hand, the General Admission at Spa is truly fantastic - there are lots of great open spaces all around the circuit and some really close up to the track (all the way down the Kemmel straight is GA) - of course, there are no seats
parking: absolutely no problem at all, plenty of spaces available including camping areas. though if it rains (and it usually does at Spa), these can get a little muddy...the only trouble with driving to Spa is that you need to get out really fast at the end of the race or you could be stuck there all night
public transport: possible but not dependable...better to drive

happy to help if you have more questions...

sav_pap
25th May 2012, 07:31
Nice track. it's my next favourite place to visit after Monza.
First thing to have in mind it's THE UMBRELLA!!:wave