PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari 15th most valuable sports team.

scuderiafan
17th July 2012, 15:21
F1 powerhouse Ferrari ranks No. 15 with a value of $1.1 billion, up 3% from last year. Ferrari extended its $52 million-a-year sponsorship deal this year with Spanish bank Santander. This follows Ferrari’s blockbuster extension last year with sponsor Marlboro worth as much as $500 million over three years. McLaren’s value fell 2% this year to $800 million as main backer Vodafone is reviewing its sports sponsorship commitments. McLaren would be hard pressed to replace Vodafone at comparable levels. McLaren also faces the free agency of Lewis Hamilton, who is one of the most marketable drivers in the sport. Hamilton’s contract expires at the end of 2012.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/07/16/manchester-united-tops-the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-teams/

Ferrari 15th out of 50, with the usual suspects (Man United, Real Madrid, Yankees then some other American franchises who other people around the world don't really know much about. E.g. I am sure Ferrari is bigger than Philadelphia Eagles.) but I guess this is a list of most valuable.

McLaren 40th. No other F1 teams there. A bit surprised RedBull aren't there.

And shows how far off McLaren are off Ferrari even now. :-D their fans might not enjoy this.

Agron
17th July 2012, 15:51
Wat. Ferrari 15??!?!?!
Revenue € 2.2 billion (2011)[1]
They are worth less than what they sell a year, and with 2000+ highly qualified employees are behind a football club?

Meh, they can say what they want, but when a footballer wants to tell the world they are succesful, they go and buy a Ferrari.

Greig
17th July 2012, 15:58
Are Man U not millions in debt?

Giallo 550
17th July 2012, 16:16
Pfff, at least Felipe, Fernando, and Stefano aren't bringing guns in night clubs and shooting themselves in their feet like some of our US football players do. :roll

F2002
17th July 2012, 16:19
A bit surprised RedBull aren't there.

Because Red Bull is an energy drink mate.

gvera
17th July 2012, 16:21
I think they only refer to Scuderia Ferrari the F1 Racing team, not ALL Ferrari

Uzair Ahmed
17th July 2012, 16:24
Hard to believe that RBR isn't in top 50 as they are the ones who love marketing more then racing..

Giallo 550
17th July 2012, 16:29
Hard to believe that RBR isn't in top 50 as they are the ones who love marketing more then racing..

I think a lot of the money comes from merchandising, selling licenses to Puma to make fan apparel, and stuff like that. Go to any country in the world and you will easily see someone wearing a Yankee cap.

scuderiafan
17th July 2012, 16:32
Key word is Sports team not the entire company.

And it is a measure of how valuable they are, so even if Manchester United or Real Madrid are in tonnes of debt, their revenue means they are able to write off huge parts of that debt.

I read this thing that United had managed to pay off 300 million pounds of debt in the last few years. That is insane, even if it does include the sale of CR.

On RedBull you guys are right, but if I had a sizeable amount of money, I would invest in RBR and Vettel instead of a team that has won 1 title in 14 years and sponsors are leaving etc.

F2002
17th July 2012, 16:34
Key word is Sports team not the entire company.

And it is a measure of how valuable they are, so even if Manchester United or Real Madrid are in tonnes of debt, their revenue means they are able to write off huge parts of that debt.

I read this thing that United had managed to pay off 300 million pounds of debt in the last few years. That is insane, even if it does include the sale of CR.

On RedBull you guys are right, but if I had a sizeable amount of money, I would invest in RBR and Vettel instead of a team that has won 1 title in 14 years and sponsors are leaving etc.

I'd probably ask myself how intrinsically is RBR linked to the brand itself? In this context, Ferrari (and Mclaren) are probably stronger in their own rights.

Tifoso
17th July 2012, 17:33
Yankees 3rd :-)

I wonder if they counted the YES network?

Giallo 550
17th July 2012, 18:13

I'm sure they did. They take in a massive amount of revenue just from all of the commercials.

Uzair Ahmed
17th July 2012, 20:51
I think a lot of the money comes from merchandising, selling licenses to Puma to make fan apparel, and stuff like that. Go to any country in the world and you will easily see someone wearing a Yankee cap.

Agreed..
and not to forget Accer..

Tifoso
17th July 2012, 21:02
I'm sure they did. They take in a massive amount of revenue just from all of the commercials.

Yankee fan? :-)

Giallo 550
17th July 2012, 21:22
Yankee fan? :-)

I actually followed the team religiously from 2004 to 2010. I've been to around 30 games. Ever since I started watching Formula 1, my interest in baseball has waned. All of the steroid garbage didn't help my interest level either. I still tune in here and there, however.

Tifoso
17th July 2012, 22:56
I actually followed the team religiously from 2004 to 2010. I've been to around 30 games. Ever since I started watching Formula 1, my interest in baseball has waned. All of the steroid garbage didn't help my interest level either. I still tune in here and there, however.

This is exactly how I feel. :thumb

REDARMYSOJA
17th July 2012, 23:58

Excuse me. Tied with my Cowboys for third you mean. :-D

Naeem
18th July 2012, 02:57
Arsenal ranked 10th. Yeaaaah bwoi

Rob
18th July 2012, 09:27
Are Man U not millions in debt?

I heard from mate at work little while ago, that its something like 700 million :-E:-??

sorry if heard that wrong.

hogo
18th July 2012, 09:52
I heard from mate at work little while ago, that its something like 700 million :-E:-??

sorry if heard that wrong.

Yup that's right, and Real is in even bigger debt.

Anyway this list is a pure SPECULATION. The Horse Whisperer will make fun of it someday,

sav_pap
18th July 2012, 10:43
The more debt a brand makes the more respectful becomes.
Having a debt has become a fashion and all large brand names try to have one.
This is pure madness.....:lou

MRRabbit
18th July 2012, 17:54
its the retard glaciers .. buying the team and put the debt on their balance sheet, how nice of them!

but still, glory glory man united! :-D

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7a/Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg/220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png

paolo lalli
21st July 2012, 01:49
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2012/07/16/manchester-united-tops-the-worlds-50-most-valuable-sports-teams/

Ferrari 15th out of 50, with the usual suspects (Man United, Real Madrid, Yankees then some other American franchises who other people around the world don't really know much about. E.g. I am sure Ferrari is bigger than Philadelphia Eagles.) but I guess this is a list of most valuable.

McLaren 40th. No other F1 teams there. A bit surprised RedBull aren't there.

And shows how far off McLaren are off Ferrari even now. :-D their fans might not enjoy this.