PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull can be Ferrari-like 'myth' too - Vettel

PURE PASSION
6th December 2012, 17:31
Red Bull is "well on the way" to achieving the same sort of "mythical status" as fellow grandee F1 teams like Ferrari.

That is the claim of Sebastian Vettel, who after winning his third consecutive drivers' championship with the energy drink-owned team played down persistent rumours he could soon make the move to fabled Ferrari.

"Clearly Ferrari and Mercedes have a great history and a kind of mythical status," the German told Sport Bild.

"But we're well on the way to achieving the same with Red Bull. Realising it needs to be our goal," added Vettel.

F1 legend Niki Lauda, however, can imagine Vettel eventually hanging up his Red Bull helmet and making the switch to another top team.

"He will eventually move somewhere else," fellow triple world champion Lauda, who won his titles with Ferrari and McLaren, told CNN.

"It's normal. Any skier changes his skis every year -- so you have to change your cars at least once in your history."

Former Renault boss Flavio Briatore, however, ruled out the concept of Vettel joining Fernando Alonso at Ferrari.

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dailyf1news/nieuw/article/18860-Red+Bull+can+be+Ferrari-like+%27myth%27+too+-+Vettel.html

Greig
6th December 2012, 17:37
hahahaha :xmasredface:

Stormy
6th December 2012, 17:38
Thats not possible,how can a artifical team that is run by a energy drink company become a cult team in a motosport.
No hardcore fans of F1 respect RBR and lets face it they won 3 WDC and 3 WCC in a row and no one CARES,because its not natural its artifical.
They are not even a car manufacter ffs.

Liscia
6th December 2012, 17:49
Dream on Mr.Vettel..............

Rob
6th December 2012, 18:01
By sounds of it Seb and the good Dr. Marko been talking rubbish while drinking to much of their energy drink and vodka at their party. That is the funniest thing i have heard all day cheers Seb.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Ferrari, Merc and Mclaren all have had the glory days of history racing together and fights and all the big name drivers.

(please remember Seb, you drive a energy drinks can on wheels. Just because Red Bull marketing try to make it into a big world wide brand, bigger than Ferrari, bigger than Coke Cola etc etc, just sad)

Grillo
6th December 2012, 18:19
He has the best equipment at his disposal season after season but let's see what happens if Red Bull stop making WDC and WCC cars for some years. I hope he goes to Mercedes with Hamilton soon. :-D

Alonsomaniac
6th December 2012, 18:19
I have heard a lot of stupid things being said by Vettel, but this is just ridiculous.
It only tells me that the boy is too stupid and/or arrogant to even understand what the name FERRARI stands for.......

Tifoso
6th December 2012, 18:39
I don't want this nimnuts anywhere near Maranello-ever.

Massimo
6th December 2012, 19:48
This is pure blasphemy!

Nick Singer
6th December 2012, 19:54
Good a driver as he is, Vettel is deluded if he thinks that his 'plastic', arriviste team will EVER have the history, the status and the magic and inspire the passion and the romance that Ferrari does - even if they stick with F1 for 60 years, by which time Ferrari will have been there for 120!!

FFFerrari
6th December 2012, 20:03
Try saying that after your team being 50 years in the sport, Seb. :xmasrolleyes:

On other news:
Former Renault boss Flavio Briatore, however, ruled out the concept of Vettel joining Fernando Alonso at Ferrari.

Is Flavio still managing Fernando or why is he making these claims? I think it is clear that Fernando doesn't want to ever again be in the situation he was in McLaren during 2007 season, driving without the #1 treatment and that is why he won't be joined by Vettel on Ferrari as long as he has the financial backing from Santander. If the 2013 and 2014 seasons end without success, it may come to changing drivers too but not before that.

fratelliferrari
6th December 2012, 20:40
What a joke. Red Bull will always be an energy drink company!

Ken
6th December 2012, 21:20
Red Bull can be as Mythical as they wish since Myths cant be proven :xmaswink:

But Ferrari is LEGENDARY :xmassmile:

Hermann
6th December 2012, 21:27
Red Bull can be as Mythical as they wish since Myths cant be proven :xmaswink:

But Ferrari is LEGENDARY :xmassmile:

RB already has reached 'myth' status. They don't really exist.

:xmasbiggrin:

mark p
6th December 2012, 21:41
Like Benneton what legends.....RB will never be Williams or Lotus McLaren etc.never mind the all time greatest that Ferrari are. History has a few teams that beat Ferrari from time to time and when they did it was special for them like carol shelby, Ford with the GT but the one constant was Ferrari were involved and overall beat them all and most are now finished. RB are like these rich Chinese football teams who sign a few big players but they will never be Real Madrid or whatever. RB wilm be gone before the decade is out and will be known as another name. Rb is the 3rd name for this little team from Milton Keynes anyway?

GrndLkNatv
6th December 2012, 22:01
I guess my question to Mr. Vettel and everyone at RedBull is who at RedBull can play the part of Enzo Ferrari? Chinetti, Columbo, Tazio, Lampredi and all the others who created the entire industry? I think Mr. Vettel has been breathing to much of the RedBull exhaust out of the diffuser!!

:lol

fratelliferrari
6th December 2012, 22:23
So I hope that means he will not come to Ferrari:-D

REDARMYSOJA
6th December 2012, 23:09
Red Bull is "well on the way" to achieving the same sort of "mythical status" as fellow grandee F1 teams like Ferrari.

That is the claim of Sebastian Vettel, who after winning his third consecutive drivers' championship with the energy drink-owned team played down persistent rumours he could soon make the move to fabled Ferrari.

"Clearly Ferrari and Mercedes have a great history and a kind of mythical status," the German told Sport Bild.

"But we're well on the way to achieving the same with Red Bull. Realising it needs to be our goal," added Vettel.

:lol:lol:lol:lol

ferrari4life
6th December 2012, 23:30
why would you want to be Ferrari like...

Jealous much? go make some rap albums when Newey gets his rear handed to him and Red Bull decide to leave cause they cant make their money back.

Giallo 550
7th December 2012, 01:04
This is quite possibly the most asinine statement I have read in recent memory.

Hornet
7th December 2012, 03:32
Ferrari is mythical? That's the first time I hear that :xmasconfused:

varun
7th December 2012, 04:04
why would you want to be Ferrari like...

Jealous much? go make some rap albums when Newey gets his rear handed to him and Red Bull decide to leave cause they cant make their money back.

Exactly..this shows Vettel knows WHAT STUFF FERRARI IS!!!!
and what is a useless energy drink racing team only abt 10 yrs old!!

Really vettel keeps talking !!! but he has reached a new LOW this time..
RedCows with same respect as that of Ferrari!!! :crazy

:ferrarifl

Stormsearcher
7th December 2012, 04:59
hahahha... The boy is seriously delusional. How can he even compare the two. McLaren is perhaps the only other team that can compete with Ferrari in those terms, not even Williams.

Rob
7th December 2012, 06:03
I guess my question to Mr. Vettel and everyone at RedBull is who at RedBull can play the part of Enzo Ferrari? Chinetti, Columbo, Tazio, Lampredi and all the others who created the entire industry? I think Mr. Vettel has been breathing to much of the RedBull exhaust out of the diffuser!!

:lol:clap

Massimo
7th December 2012, 07:02

Ha, ha indeed! And Helmuth Marko in the role of Franco Gozzi?
After unsportsmanlike, disrespectful and childish, we can add megalomania to the list.

Kingdom Hearts
7th December 2012, 10:23
Someone need to give the kid a book about Ferrari history, probably Vettel thinks Ferrari didn't exist before Schumacher.

fratelliferrari
7th December 2012, 10:26
Haha that's a good one. He is only 25 years old so who knows maybe he really thinks that :rotfl

FA fan
7th December 2012, 11:15
Well I'm hoping both Alonso and massa to keep performing well enough to stay at Ferrari,and not give Ferrari any excuse to get finger boy in!!!

F2002
7th December 2012, 11:40
So, basically, he's won three championships in that car and still thinks that Ferrari is the benchmark.

Bad winner...

Greig
7th December 2012, 11:41
It's more worrying that he considers Mercedes as mythical :-D

stefa
7th December 2012, 12:42
That is what is happening when mixing Red Bull and alcohol!!!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Hermann
7th December 2012, 12:52
That is what is happening when mixing Red Bull and alcohol!!!
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

http://pic.humor.li/p/humor-li-picture-9052.jpg

Sianellen
7th December 2012, 12:54

poor Mclaren didn't even get a mention ;-)

Grillo
7th December 2012, 13:39
Exactly! :xmasbiggrin:

Giallo 550
7th December 2012, 15:08
In all fairness, Mercedes does have some substantive race history. Nevertheless, I don't believe his comment has anything to do with his age. I really think he's just plain stupid.

fratelliferrari
7th December 2012, 15:55
Yes Mercedes really has history in F1. But that is a CAR brand. Red Bull is an energy drink company:lol

Jose Lorca
7th December 2012, 16:19

lol what an idiot

Brakefade
7th December 2012, 17:01
Like LDM said, we need to make a formula that benefits CAR MANUFACTURERS. F1 needs to be a testing bed for technology that can actually be used on the road. Not some science project for one aerodymics guy.

aroutis
7th December 2012, 17:04

F1 legend Niki Lauda, however, can imagine Vettel eventually hanging up his Red Bull helmet and making the switch to another top team.

"He will eventually move somewhere else," fellow triple world champion Lauda, who won his titles with Ferrari and McLaren, told CNN.

"It's normal. Any skier changes his skis every year -- so you have to change your cars at least once in your history."

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dailyf1news/nieuw/article/18860-Red+Bull+can+be+Ferrari-like+%27myth%27+too+-+Vettel.html
I guess he just achieved f1 clown status...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Ferrari Man
7th December 2012, 17:04
:roll:roll Did The Baba Drop His Doady..... :baby:baby

scuderiafan
7th December 2012, 17:06
but that was Mercedes. this is Honda Racing with a Merc badge slapped on it imo.

You guys know my reaction to Marko's comments, I just extended it to the rest of RedBull in general, apart from Mark.
Just a reminder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=86MO-JWTNjo

wisepie
7th December 2012, 17:18
What absolute rubbish, there's no heritage or history to RBR and Milton Keynes isn't Maranello, there's no magic there and once Red Bull is decalred a health hazard (even without the vodka!), it will all be finito. Vettel must be over-indulging on the fizzy stuff.

Honzus
7th December 2012, 18:50
These words are good example that drinking RedBull has harmful effect to your brain. :-)

71dino
7th December 2012, 19:23
yes vettel, you drive for a toxic beverage company...

fratelliferrari
7th December 2012, 20:17
That's why I always drink an alternative energydrink for Red Bull:rotfl

Giallo 550
7th December 2012, 22:36
After all these stupid and snotty comments, I don't want him anywhere near the stable.

fratelliferrari
7th December 2012, 22:45
I agree 100% with you on that Giallo!

Grillo
7th December 2012, 23:19
In all fairness, Mercedes does have some substantive race history. Nevertheless, I don't believe his comment has anything to do with his age. I really think he's just plain stupid.

Yes Mercedes really has history in F1. But that is a CAR brand. Red Bull is an energy drink company:lol

Yes, Mercedes as a car manufacturer have mythology behind and as a engine manufacturer in F1 too but as an F1 team is long ago gone. So they can recover their position they had in the past when the Silver Arrows were flying around the circuits but in all truth it's a bit like Lotus and the current Lotus. I know it's not the same but I think their F1 glory as a team is a bit just in the past like Lotus.

da_one
8th December 2012, 01:07
LOL! That's a good April fool's joke in December Seb! Keep it up!:xmasbiggrin:

fratelliferrari
8th December 2012, 15:49
I think Seb lives in a surrealistic world:rotfl

varun
9th December 2012, 08:07
it is really simple..
Anyone can watch and love F1 without a energy drink team( many other teams have also come and gone!) but u cant Imagine F1 WITHOUT FERRARI..
everyone knows it...even those who may not be rooting for ferrari..
Forza Ferrari!

fratelliferrari
9th December 2012, 08:39
Without Ferrari the Formula 1 would be nowhere.

FrankAlfa
9th December 2012, 09:30
Red Bull needs at least 50 years of racing to be considered in the same historical league as Ferrari, McLaren, Williams, Etc.! This is just wishful thinking on Red Bull's part and quite foolish at that. Red Bull has no history! These 3 years will only be a footnote in F1 history and little else. Everything happens in cycles. One should look at it this way, If Alonso did not have two DNF's as a result of other drivers crashing into him, he would have won the Driver's Title by some margin over Vettel! If Hamilton did not have so many DNF's, who knows where he would have ended up. Ferrari is Ferrari and they are the Greatest Team in the history of Formula One!

Ciao,

Forza Ferrari!!!!

fratelliferrari
9th December 2012, 10:05
I don't believe RBR still exists in 50 years.

wisepie
9th December 2012, 17:21
I don't believe RBR still exists in 50 years.

I'd be very surprised too, maybe it will revert back to Jaguar/Land Rover GP as they seem to be taking over the world again, Red Bull will have been well and truly banned as an illegal substance by then!

fratelliferrari
9th December 2012, 17:22
Haha let's hope that's the case!

killer
10th December 2012, 07:00
Seb: grab your skis and drop the mic.

F2002
10th December 2012, 07:22
And there's also a Ferrari energy drink on the way, right Seb ?

Pathetic....

coolrunnings_99
12th December 2012, 14:34
who knows, maybe in the world of quantum mechanics, a tiny part of red bull is entangled with a tiny part of..ummm toro rosso?..naah that wont work for them, but who can stop daydreams:xmasbiggrin:

GrndLkNatv
12th December 2012, 15:48
And there's also a Ferrari energy drink on the way, right Seb ?

Pathetic....

Ferrari/Scheckter Energy!

http://schecktersorganic.com/

And you can actually enjoy drinking this beverage whereas Red Bull is like drinking paint thinner.

varun
14th December 2012, 03:54
now this is the reality..

"It's just that 10 is easier to handle, for the promoters, for transport," he said. "We'd rather have 10, so long as we don't lose Ferrari." ==Mr.Bernie on number of teams in F1!:-D

It does not matter what other teams are ...F1 is just anathor racing series without FERRARI