PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye, Perez!

sagi58
18th March 2013, 23:28
For Perez' sake, I hope this is just a case of "misinterpretation"... otherwise, this ranks among the dumbest moves/comments, yet:

Ferrari asked Perez to 'take care' of AlonsoMonday 18 March at 07:35 : Mar.18 (GMM)

Sergio Perez has claimed that, whilst a Sauber driver, Ferrari often asked him to "take care" of Fernando Alonso.

The Mexican's comments will ramp up speculation that the famous Italian team uses its political links in the paddock for a performance advantage.

Perez, formerly under Ferrari power at Sauber and also the cream of the Maranello marque's driver development 'academy', suddenly switched allegiances for 2013 as he accepted the offer to replace Lewis Hamilton at McLaren.

He had been asked by Spanish sports newspaper Marca if he feels a difference when he looks in the mirror and sees world champion Sebastian Vettel, or Ferrari's Alonso.

"In my case no," he answered. "I make no distinction between them.

"Last year, when I was communicating with Ferrari, they often asked me to take care of Alonso, but I don't know if they asked just me or the whole grid."

Asked if he sees leaving the Ferrari family as a missed opportunity, the 23-year-old answered: "No, it's an experience that led me to a better place.

"I'm happy at McLaren; I hope to stay here for many years, maybe my entire career."

Although currently at the wheel of a struggling McLaren, Perez insisted he was happy in Melbourne to have been quite close to lead driver Jenson Button's pace.

"I'm happy with that because Jenson is one of the very best drivers," he said.

"He has won in Melbourne three times. I didn't know where I would be compared to him, so while it's not a relief it is reassuring that I am strong and close to a world champion."

http://www.onestopstrategy.com/dailyf1news/nieuw/article/19463-Ferrari+asked+Perez+to+%27take+care%27+of+Alonso.h tml

Giallo 550
19th March 2013, 00:25
Good-bye is right. Creepo certainly sealed his fate with that one. Enjoy trying to finish in the top 10.

Tobes
19th March 2013, 00:48
Unsure what Checo means by that, "take care of" is a very ambiguous statement, do we take this to mean 'take care not to have accident'..? (Korea 2012) Was he ever asked to 'take care of' Massa..?
Fail to see how Checo (in his midfield Sauber) could in any way 'take care of' a car running towards the front, any more than the Toro Rosso drivers could 'take care of' Vettel...

Very odd thing to say...

shamim179
19th March 2013, 00:51
The timing of his statement is very suspicious. I think it is a case of sour grapes. It appears that he is angry at Ferrari for not giving him a seat and more so now when he sees that the Ferrari is very competitive this year - remember last year he openly admitted that he wanted to get a seat at Ferrari but was denied this because of a lack of experience. Even if there is some truth in what he said it really cannot be smart to say such a thing to the media. He has definitely ruined his chances of a future seat at Ferrari by doing this. Seems like he bears a grudge against Ferrari. We need to avoid him at all costs out on track. He could be a danger to us!

impactX
19th March 2013, 00:59
Pfft, never liked the guy and I see him as not much better that that Japanese driver who's forced to quit (after all, Perez was only 6 points ahead). Driving a Mclaren, still have 0 point. Good luck!

Jose Lorca
19th March 2013, 01:02
To quote someone from Autosport:

The only thing Checo said in the original interview in Spanish is: "que cuidara de Alonso"

To begin with, it makes zero sense in Spanish, so probably is a Mexican thing.

Ferrari didn't ask him to let Alonso pass, they asked him to be careful around Alonso, like not crashing into him kind of thing.

Let the bashing fest begin.

Giallo 550
19th March 2013, 01:04

Yeah, but regardless of the intent, why bother even bringing it up?

Tobes
19th March 2013, 01:23
Pfft, never liked the guy and I see him as not much better that that Japanese driver who's forced to quit (after all, Perez was only 6 points ahead). Driving a Mclaren, still have 0 point. Good luck!

Do you mean Kamui Kobayashi...?

Tobes
19th March 2013, 01:25

Ferrari didn't ask him to let Alonso pass, they asked him to be careful around Alonso, like not crashing into him kind of thing.

Sounds more likely...

Rishu
19th March 2013, 03:02
Hardly surprising, & nothing wrong in admitting it. "Take care of Alonso" still sounds mild compared to the video I saw where Marko was slagging off some STR driver (Jamie or someone else..)

Kingdom Hearts
19th March 2013, 04:35
Alonso gets a podium, a great car and suddenly we have this, team orders, he is scared of Vettel.... someone is scared

Hornet
19th March 2013, 04:51

Agree. Don't know why he feel the need to call Ferrari out on that, saying he don't know if Ferrari only say that to him or the whole grid?

This kid forgot that he is where he is now thanks to being selected to be in the Ferrari young driver academy.

Bubbles
19th March 2013, 05:34
Agree. Don't know why he feel the need to call Ferrari out on that, saying he don't know if Ferrari only say that to him or the whole grid?

This kid forgot that he is where he is now thanks to being selected to be in the Ferrari young driver academy.

This is the McLaren PR machine at work, guys.

sagi58
19th March 2013, 06:14
Agree. Don't know why he feel the need to call Ferrari out on that... So... is it best that Ferrari not bother acknowledging this comment?
Or... maybe, it's time for the Horse Whisperer! That would be entertaining!

Bubbles
19th March 2013, 07:18
Now Perez said that Telmex is not the reason why he's at McLaren, otherwise it would mean that Santander is the reason Fernando is at Ferrari.

We're dealing with a loose cannon here. This boy is dangerous.

Senna4Ever
19th March 2013, 07:25
Seems that this boy has fine character and gentlemen behaviour ...
That's the material champions are made from ...

Massimo
19th March 2013, 07:37
So Ferrari asked a Ferrari YDA driver to be careful when he's around a Scuderia Ferrari driver on track?
I don't see nothing wrong with that, try asking Vergne and Ricciardo the same question, and see what answer they come up with.

Oh by the way Checo, Nelshina Piquet jr. says hi!:wave

Rob
19th March 2013, 07:37
Sauber tells all driver to be careful around Fernando AND Felipe. Its just the same at Torro Rosso, those drivers are told to be VERY careful around Vettel, oh yeah think Marko tells them to be careful around Webber aswell. No back on serious note, no different in TR tell DR n JEV to be careful around the sister company drivers.

Just think that Checo comments been lost in translation, or just changed abit to suit Mclaren fans to bash us. :roll

mirafiori
19th March 2013, 07:38
Shame he did not take care when he overtook Alonso at Monza, if he stayed behind, Alonso would now be WDC.

Bubbles
19th March 2013, 07:59
Sauber tells all driver to be careful around Fernando AND Felipe. Its just the same at Torro Rosso, those drivers are told to be VERY careful around Vettel, oh yeah think Marko tells them to be careful around Webber aswell. No back on serious note, no different in TR tell DR n JEV to be careful around the sister company drivers.

Just think that Checo comments been lost in translation, or just changed abit to suit Mclaren fans to bash us. :roll

I think it's in part his disappointment that Ferrari said he's not good enough and in part it's McLaren's anger that they're way behind Ferrari on performance this year. So, naturally, they're picking on Fernando who finally got his hands on a good Ferrari.

I think whoever dictates the tone at McLaren - Ron, maybe? - has serious mental issues. Like, real mental problems, the kind that require a visit to the doctor.

Hamish
19th March 2013, 08:17
Never liked him much myself either, and glad that they never took him into Ferrari. Also I did not like his lack of 'respect' for the senior drivers. These junior drivers should really have to 'pay their school fees' in lower teams and learn how to drive properly. Work their way up from the bottom, not be given everything on a platter.

kiwifella
19th March 2013, 08:43
What a load of garbage!! And who the hell is onestopstrategy.com anyway. So what, if some crappy website puts up a headline saying that Ferrari wanted Perez to "take care of Alonso" would we all believe that. Complete load of nonsense. Show me their reporting credentials and I might bat an eyelid........absolute rubbish. Next week they'll be reporting that Alonso wants to drive for Marussia next season!!

impactX
19th March 2013, 08:48
Do you mean Kamui Kobayashi...?

Yes, sorry, his name slipped off my mind when making that reply. I think Kobayashi (though eratic at times) is underrated and not far behind Perez in terms of both skills and championship points.

Really, Perez needs to be grateful about where he came from.

Rob
19th March 2013, 08:53
Perez in my eyes is good racer (ducks for cover) But last year what made him look better than good was the tyre strategy and storming up the field as others struggled to hold on to them for the final last stint. Ferrari made right decision to let him go. Think at Mclaren, we will see just what sort of racer he is. I know only 1 race, but at Mclaren we his going to do better than good every quali session and every race.

Rob
19th March 2013, 08:55
Yes, sorry, his name slipped off my mind when making that reply. I think Kobayashi (though eratic at times) is underrated and not far behind Perez in terms of both skills and championship points.

Really, Perez needs to be grateful about where he came from.

Shame Kobi missed out of F1 seat this year. But thats turned out good for us and him. As he know with AF Corse, and racing along side 2 of the best GT drivers around in the best GT team around, he stands very good chance of winning WEC drivers crown with Fisi&Bruni and team title aswell in WEC and, winning the GTE Pro class at Le-mans in June.

Greig
19th March 2013, 09:04
Perez overtook both Massa and Alonso at Monza, clearly there was no orders but the press don't see that I guess :-)

Torro Rosso drivers are off course never told to move over for Red Bull :-D

impactX
19th March 2013, 09:58
Perez in my eyes is good racer (ducks for cover) But last year what made him look better than good was the tyre strategy and storming up the field as others struggled to hold on to them for the final last stint. Ferrari made right decision to let him go. Think at Mclaren, we will see just what sort of racer he is. I know only 1 race, but at Mclaren we his going to do better than good every quali session and every race.

If my memory serves me correctly, once he got the Mclaren contract, his performance just went downhill from there... I agree with you that Ferrari made the right decision.

Tobes
19th March 2013, 10:35

Agree Checo is a 'good' racer, but don't think he's exceptional, McLaren signed him after failing repeatedly to get Lewis to sign a new contract, he was not exactly their first choice, don't think he was second choice either, I appreciate he was in the Ferrari Academy, but not all Academy drivers will get a race seat at Maranello, i'd take Bianchi or Valsecchi over Checo every time...

:-)

bluesilhouettes
19th March 2013, 11:13
I never expect that Ferrari's always right, always embodiment of a fairplay team.
We all know that something like politic always exist in this sport. Always !
There's no fairness in this sport.

hogo
19th March 2013, 12:17
No way Mclaren got into his head so early. Probably poor translation + bad journos = lies.

Meiga
19th March 2013, 12:18
Hold your horses and don't kill poor Checo just yet!

First, have a look at the two potentially offending comments in the whole context of the interview (first the original in Spanish, then a translation - which I am sure could be improved, please feel free to do so):

"P. Hablando de Fernando, ¿cree que los pilotos tienen una actitud distinta si le ven a él por el retrovisor que si ven a Vettel? Me refiero a la remontada de Abu Dabi, cuando al alemán muchos casi se le apartaban.
R. Debería preguntar uno a uno. En mi caso no es así, yo no hago distinciones entre ambos. El año pasado, cuando yo tenía comunicación con Ferrari, ellos me pedían a menudo que cuidara de Alonso, pero no sé si se lo piden a toda la parrilla o no. A mí me da igual si es Vettel o Alonso. Al único que se lo pondría un poco más fácil sería a mi compañero si eso nos diera un gran resultado en un fin de semana."

Q: Speaking of Alonso, do you think drivers have a different attitude when they see him on their mirrors than when they see Vettel? I am referring to the AbuDhabi comeback, during which many jumped out of the way for the German
A: You should ask them, one by one. In my case it does not work that way, I don't make any differences between them. Last year, when I was in touch with Ferrari, they often asked me to take care of Alonso, but I don't know if the whole grid receives the same messages or not. I don't care if it is Vettel or Alonso. The only one I would make it a bit easier for would be my teammate if that would give us a great result in a weekend.

By the way, in that same interview there was another interesting question too:
"P. ¿No le molesta que haya gente que piense que está en McLaren precisamente por ese apoyo?
R. No me interesa demostrarle nada a esa gente que piensa eso. Si piensan que Fernando está en Ferrari porque llevó allí a Santander, será lo mismo en mi caso. Una de las cosas buenas que tengo es a Telmex y un país detrás que me apoya totalmente. Seguramente también lleguen más empresas mexicanas más adelante.

Yo no creo que eso influya en la decisión a la hora de contratarme, no creo que McLaren necesite buscar patrocinadores. McLaren es el mejor equipo que existe en cuanto a marketing y cualquier empresa grande quiere estar aquí."

Q: Doesn't it bother you that there are people who think that you are in McLaren precisely because of that support? (They are talking about Telmex)
A: I am not interested at all in proving anything to the people who think that way. If they think that Fernando is in Ferrari because he brought Santander there, it will be the same in my case. One of the good things I have is Telmex and a whole country behind that fully supports me. Surely more Mexican companies will get into (F1) in the future.
I don't think that makes a difference when it comes to deciding to hire me, I don't think that McLaren needs to look for sponsors. McLaren is the best team when it comes to marketing and any big company would want to be here.

Now, to answer some of the questions above: why does Perez bring up the comment about taking care of Alonso? Because he was directly asked by the journalist if such situations arise with Vettel but not with Alonso. And Perez never says that if he is a paid driver (Telmex) so is Alonso (santander); what he says is that people who believe that Alonso is a pay driver are bound to think the same of him.

diesel08
19th March 2013, 12:25
Who is perez?

Senna4Ever
19th March 2013, 12:30
"En mi caso no es así, yo no hago distinciones entre ambos. El año pasado, cuando yo tenía comunicación con Ferrari, ellos me pedían a menudo que cuidara de Alonso, pero no sé si se lo piden a toda la parrilla o no. A mí me da igual si es Vettel o Alonso."

A: In my case it does not work that way, I don't make any differences between them. Last year, when I was in touch with Ferrari, they often asked me to take care of Alonso, but I don't know if the whole grid receives the same messages or not. I don't care if it is Vettel or Alonso. The only one I would make it a bit easier for would be my teammate if that would give us a great result in a weekend.

I'm not quiet sure what he's talking about? "But I don't know if the whole grid receives the same messages or not" ... which messages? I can hardly imagine that Ferrari is asking the whole grid ... doesn't make sense to me.

Meiga
19th March 2013, 12:44
I'm not quiet sure what he's talking about? "But I don't know if the whole grid receives the same messages or not" ... which messages? I can hardly imagine that Ferrari is asking the whole grid ... doesn't make sense to me.
Indeed, which is why we don't really understand what he was trying to convey. In my opinion, what he was trying to say is that in his case, given he had some contact with Ferrari, he had been asked to be careful around Alonso (or the Ferrari drivers) while racing, but that he cannot say if other drivers receive similar messages from other teams they have contacts with, because he has never been given that information.

I think it was a pretty harmless comment. I would have always expected the Ferrari guys who worked with him to ask him to be rational when racing the red cars; that is miles away from being given a team order, by the way. Hey, I remember Kubica (who was still on the WDC run) telling Alonso "now that you have a fast car you could try to help me" while standing on the Japan 2008 podium, and Alonso replying "yes, the problem is that now it is your car that is not fast enough". I'd expect those comments to be quite frequent.

Kingdom Hearts
19th March 2013, 12:46
Who is perez?

A pay driver.

Massimo
19th March 2013, 12:47

Poor Checo, the reverend Ron Dennis' indoctrination programme is taking a heavy toll on young Sergio.
Hang in there Checo, just think of Telmex and go to your happy place.

71dino
19th March 2013, 14:48
cant imagine what he could possible do to 'take care of Ferrari". maybe fetch coffee or tea?

eddie
19th March 2013, 16:29
Alonso can take care of himself, he is old enough :)

But Torro Rosso will of course go off course to take care of the Red Bulls... LOL!

Suzie
19th March 2013, 17:16
So what's new? Haven't Sauber drivers been asked to go easy on Ferrari during races before? (I know there's an example of it from the past but my brain is unable to recall it right now).
I like Perez, the comments on here about him are certainly a far cry from the plaudits he received after Malaysia last season ;-)

Aberracus
19th March 2013, 17:16
No, we are bashing Cheko for a mistranslation, in spanish nothing was wrong in his commentary. You should never make a direct translation without taking care of the culture of the speaker. Just the kind of things Journalists love to do.

justjesper
19th March 2013, 17:19
Obviously Alonso is getting special treatments. Even a blind man would be able to spot this.
Last year a lot of our fans was yelling up about red bull and there sister team.

Greig
19th March 2013, 17:24
Obviously Alonso is getting special treatments. Even a blind man would be able to spot this.
Last year a lot of our fans was yelling up about red bull and there sister team.

Tell us when you have seen Perez yield or not attack Alonso on track then?

Support your opinion with some facts.

justjesper
19th March 2013, 17:33
Greg. I said that Alonso was getting special treatment, and that a blind man would be able to spot it. I never said that Perez yield for Alonso.
Learn to read :-G

Greig
19th March 2013, 17:35
Greg. I said that Alonso was getting special treatment, and that a blind man would be able to spot it. I never said that Perez yield for Alonso.
Learn to read :-G

So your comment has nothing to do with the topic?

What special treatment, and why do you mention Red Bull and Torro Rosso?

justjesper
19th March 2013, 17:44
I mentioned Red bull as people here was saying Torro Rosso was helping red bull.
Think to be fair, all teams should have 4 cars then.

Aberracus
19th March 2013, 17:49
What Cheko said, (in spanish) doesn't manifest really some special treatment....

Greig
19th March 2013, 17:49
I mentioned Red bull as people here was saying Torro Rosso was helping red bull.

Because the Torro Rosso drivers have jumped out of the way for Seb and Webber.

wisepie
19th March 2013, 18:00
So what's new? Haven't Sauber drivers been asked to go easy on Ferrari during races before? (I know there's an example of it from the past but my brain is unable to recall it right now).
I like Perez, the comments on here about him are certainly a far cry from the plaudits he received after Malaysia last season ;-)

Right as ever, Suzie, and despite him driving for our traditional arch-enemies, I wouldn't have minded him driving for us, but as always, not at Felipe's expense. No need to criticise Sergio's performance after one race in an off-colour Mclaren....makes a change it's Woking and not Maranello anyway.

Nero Horse
19th March 2013, 18:51
Reading all these comments here, it's hard to believe that you people actually try to protect and justify what Perez said. It was an obvious revengeful stab at Ferrari for not signing him for this year, no question about it! No need to look for any justification or excuses. He's a vindictive backstabbing little lying douchebag and that's all. He couldn't swallow the fact that Ferrari thought he wasn't good enough for them and now he will use every chance to get back at Ferrari. I really used to have a lot of respect for this guy, but not anymore as I know what kind of a pathetic revengeful person he really is. I hope he rots in that Macca! But in a way it's actually good that he made such moronic comments, with that not only did he burn every bridge linking him with Ferrari but he also might've erased any chance of getting into any other team when Macca gets tired of him. I'm sure that no team would want such a vindictive tattletale in their team. Good-bye Perez! You just dug your own grave Macca boy :redcard

Suzie
19th March 2013, 18:54
Don't hold back, Nero Horse! :-D

OSS EL BOSS
19th March 2013, 19:07

Any doubt about that? :roll

diesel08
19th March 2013, 19:35

Red Bull have 6 cars. All the cars with renault engines. And Schumacher also.

Massimo
19th March 2013, 19:47
Reading all these comments here, it's hard to believe that you people actually try to protect and justify what Perez said. It was an obvious revengeful stab at Ferrari for not signing him for this year, no question about it! No need to look for any justification or excuses. He's a vindictive backstabbing little lying douchebag and that's all. He couldn't swallow the fact that Ferrari thought he wasn't good enough for them and now he will use every chance to get back at Ferrari. I really used to have a lot of respect for this guy, but not anymore as I know what kind of a pathetic revengeful person he really is. I hope he rots in that Macca! But in a way it's actually good that he made such moronic comments, with that not only did he burn every bridge linking him with Ferrari but he also might've erased any chance of getting into any other team when Macca gets tired of him. I'm sure that no team would want such a vindictive tattletale in their team. Good-bye Perez! You just dug your own grave Macca boy :redcard

Oorah !

Giallo 550
19th March 2013, 20:53

Wow! Tell us how you really feel. :lol

Nero Horse
19th March 2013, 21:43
The second when the Telmex money ceases to pour into Macca, then that little vindictive weasel will be ancient history. I hope this will happen sooner rather than later, otherwise who knows what kind of lies he will think of next. And I'm sure that Whitmarsh and co. will gladly give him a helping hand in order to help that worthless weasel bash Ferrari in every way possible. Brace yourselves for more lies and fantasy stories from Perez. Since Macca can't keep up with Ferrari on the track then they'll think of other ways to throw something at Ferrari, you can be sure of that. Bunch of miserable creatures.

Alonsomaniac
19th March 2013, 22:20
First of all, if you read carefully, Perez said nothing wrong.
"Taking care" does not mean he has to let Ferrari's go, but just not fight them at all costs.
Checo is a young and talented driver who did a lot to get this far.
The fact that he was in the academy says enough about his talent, and so does his fast progress in getting a contract with one of the big teams.

scuderiafan
19th March 2013, 22:27
Thanks a bunch Sergio. Now, more ammo to attack Ferrari with. But i guess he had to answer a question. I am sure, that Lotus, Caterham, TR are all told to be careful when the RBR's are in town, and vice versa. Same would go with Ferrari. and Mercedes.

Nero Horse
19th March 2013, 23:07
First of all, if you read carefully, Perez said nothing wrong.
"Taking care" does not mean he has to let Ferrari's go, but just not fight them at all costs.
Checo is a young and talented driver who did a lot to get this far.
The fact that he was in the academy says enough about his talent, and so does his fast progress in getting a contract with one of the big teams.

Wake up and smell the coffee will ya! The good old Ferrari Checo we all knew is gone now, he has become Mclarenized and all the Ferrari roots have been yanked out of him. He has clearly forgotten everything that Ferrari did for him. But I guess we can't blame it all on him, it's also the effective Mclaren brainwashing methods that have turned him against us. He's a pathetic Macca boy now, through and through, make no mistake about it.

Ferris
20th March 2013, 03:10
I think you would want a closer look at how Lotus and STR treated RBR last year. But not much is said in the media about that, it is simply ok and accepted.

Rishu
20th March 2013, 03:11
Wake up and smell the coffee will ya! The good old Ferrari Checo we all knew is gone now, he has become Mclarenized and all the Ferrari roots have been yanked out of him. He has clearly forgotten everything that Ferrari did for him. But I guess we can't blame it all on him, it's also the effective Mclaren brainwashing methods that have turned him against us. He's a pathetic Macca boy now, through and through, make no mistake about it.

Calm down will ya!

I don't know what exactly did he say in spanish & like mentioned above, difficult to understand if that is what he meant. But if it were true then I see nothing wrong or false in it. Everybody know for a fact that Saubers are linked to Ferrari just as RB are with STRs. Again, if this were true, would he have gone past Massa & Alonso at Monza? or challenged Alonso at Malaysia? In my opinion he said that Ferrari didn't want him to go into a mad battle with it's drivers, but didn't ask him to move over for them or let them go past without a fight. But yeah I agree that if indeed he said is true, there is no point in bringing it out now, specially after Melbourne, seeing Mclaren are so much behind Ferrari, kind a makes him look bitter on losing Ferrrai contarct.

Ferris
20th March 2013, 03:50
I wouldn't waste time worrying about Checo. Lotus and RB are the competitors this year and given they are both using Renault engines this is something to be concerned about.

Bubbles
20th March 2013, 03:54

Totally agree with you there.

Hornet
20th March 2013, 04:44

I think the problem many people have is why the need for him to bring it up now. That's the past, I believe he's no longer under Ferrari's academy so it's not like Ferrari is asking him to do anything now.

The second part about whether Ferrari do the same with everyone on the gird is just confusing and silly. What does he think, Ferrari would call up Horner and tell them to be careful (maybe we should have called up Lotus, come to think of it :-G ). It just made his statement sound like a cheap shot at Ferrari.

ferrari4life
20th March 2013, 12:19
shoot maybe they wanted to make sure to not waste any time for Alonso when he came up to be lapped.

sagi58
20th March 2013, 18:33
I think the problem many people have is why the need for him to bring it up now. That's the past, I believe he's no longer under Ferrari's academy so it's not like Ferrari is asking him to do anything now...
When I read this, something dawned on me!............................................... .................................................
It wasn't too long ago that McLaren's "Golden Boy" put them down comparing them unfavourably with Mercedes!!
Timing is everything, eh?

FA fan
20th March 2013, 18:44
No Alonso would have been on equal points with vettel but still would have lost since he had less wins;) but do get your point:)

Alonsomaniac
20th March 2013, 22:31

McLarenized.....brainwashing methods......pathetic Macca boy..........are you feeling okay? Come on man, this is the real world , not a movie:rotfl

Italian Spirit
21st March 2013, 15:09
:goodpoint

Italian Spirit
21st March 2013, 15:13
What will he say the day McLaren tell him to "take care" of Jenson?

Nick Singer
21st March 2013, 15:15
McLarenized.....brainwashing methods......pathetic Macca boy..........are you feeling okay? Come on man, this is the real world , not a movie:rotfl

He is safe in 'Uncle' Ron's hands now...

wisepie
21st March 2013, 18:13
I think there might be a case of over-reacting here, my reading of Perez's comments is that he was advised to be careful around Alonso, for whatever reason that may have been. It has probably been taken to mean something suspicious when it's quite innocent, such is the desire for the media to excite us all with the comspiracies of F1. Checo is probably licking his wounds now at Mclaren, but I believe they're hugely capable of a quick turnaround in their fortunes, much as I don't want that to happen any time soon.

Giallo 550
21st March 2013, 19:09
Okay, but so far, nobody has been able to answer my question. What purpose does his mentioning it serve? I'll agree that it's not a shock, but in the context of the interview, it is completely irrelevant and can only be perceived as spiteful.

Aberracus
21st March 2013, 19:33
Okay, but so far, nobody has been able to answer my question. What purpose does his mentioning it serve? I'll agree that it's not a shock, but in the context of the interview, it is completely irrelevant and can only be perceived as spiteful.

Not Really, in the context of the interview he was directly asked, and what he answers is absolutely un harmful, in latin america spanish his answer is absolutely irrelevant, and probably true, we really are making an storm in a glass of water.

NanoTheQuickest
21st March 2013, 19:54
Good bye Perez = Hello Bianchi (gosh that kid is quick)

Giallo 550
21st March 2013, 22:37
Not Really, in the context of the interview he was directly asked, and what he answers is absolutely un harmful, in latin america spanish his answer is absolutely irrelevant, and probably true, we really are making an storm in a glass of water.

He was asked if he "feels a difference" when he sees Alonso or Vettel in his mirror. He answered no, didn't explain why, and then he goes on a tangent about how he was often asked not to smack into Alonso last season. Then he proceeds with an idiotic comment about whether or not the entire grid was asked not to smack into him. I don't see how that's relevant to the original question at all.

wacc
22nd March 2013, 09:51
"I don't regret anything at all," explained the Mexican. "If they told me before we signed I would be in this position I would have definitely [still] signed with the best team.

"For me, McLaren is the best team and after joining the team I am so happy. I prefer to be in this position with McLaren than at any other team and winning.

He talks nonsense. :-!

EDIT - Source: Autosport: Sergio Perez not regretting McLaren move despite team's issues (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106228)

fratelliferrari
22nd March 2013, 10:14
I don't care at all that he chose to go to Mclaren! He fits in that team perfectly LOL! Since he signed the contract for Mclaren he drives so poorly :-G

Nero Horse
22nd March 2013, 19:37
I don't care at all that he chose to go to Mclaren! He fits in that team perfectly LOL! Since he signed the contract for Mclaren he drives so poorly :-G

:lol Agreed!