PDA

View Full Version : Help required for presentation!

Jas
11th September 2013, 19:03
Hi guys,

A very strange thread I know, but it is worth a try, I am law student who has an interview at a law firm and have to do a 10 minute presentation on anything, so I was thinking of the legal and commercial issues in F1...for example the spygate scandal in 2007 so a breach of contract, regulatory etc (not sure what the issues to be exact are yet) and Bernie Eccelstone and his amazing structuring of F1 so it avoids tax, and the commercial agreements/contracts between teams and suppliers, and the lotus/Renault name battle few years ago and even Force Indias fight with Caterham regarding the wind tunnel.

In essence what I am asking for is any legal/contract issues regarding F1 which are at the top of your heads and more importantly and articles which you can link me.

Thanks again

Jas

fratelliferrari
11th September 2013, 19:12
Hi guys,

A very strange thread I know, but it is worth a try, I am law student who has an interview at a law firm and have to do a 10 minute presentation on anything, so I was thinking of the legal and commercial issues in F1...for example the spygate scandal in 2007 so a breach of contract, regulatory etc (not sure what the issues to be exact are yet) and Bernie Eccelstone and his amazing structuring of F1 so it avoids tax, and the commercial agreements/contracts between teams and suppliers, and the lotus/Renault name battle few years ago and even Force Indias fight with Caterham regarding the wind tunnel.

In essence what I am asking for is any legal/contract issues regarding F1 which are at the top of your heads and more importantly and articles which you can link me.

Thanks again

Jas

Hi Jas, I read your post with very much interest! Iam also a law student so Iam very excited to hear when you have done the interview how it went? Very much success with your interview!

Maybe one tip: The tire test which Mercedes GP did this year at Barcelona with a current 2013 car while the agreement was to drive with a car which was older than 2 seasons? Just a thought :-D

Jas
11th September 2013, 19:18
Hi Jas, I read your post with very much interest! Iam also a law student so Iam very excited to hear when you have done the interview how it went? Very much success with your interview!

Maybe one tip: The tire test which Mercedes GP did this year at Barcelona with a current 2013 car while the agreement was to drive with a car which was older than 2 seasons? Just a thought :-D

thanks very much, wondering what the legal issue at hand is...breach of contract?

Jas
11th September 2013, 19:20
Will let you know how the interrogation went no problem!

fratelliferrari
11th September 2013, 19:22
thanks very much, wondering what the legal issue at hand is...breach of contract?

Yes Jas that's the only thing I could imagine! To be honest Iam doing a Master Business Law right now so Iam not that good in Private Law to be honest :lol What study do you do?

brembo man
11th September 2013, 21:39
Hi guys,

Thanks again

Jas

I would imagine just looking up the names, Flavio Briatore and Bernie Eccelstone will fill your needs.

Jas
11th September 2013, 22:33
I would imagine just looking up the names, Flavio Briatore and Bernie Eccelstone will fill your needs.

Hahaha that did make me chuckle, i may just mention those two names and finish the presention tbh haha

Jas
11th September 2013, 22:34
On a serious note, commercially focused ideas aka contracts, tax etc agreements, disputes will be good

Ken
12th September 2013, 09:57
I would be interested if there could be legal consequences to some of the random decisions the FIA make when they "interpret" their own own rules.

As some of those decisions have at times affected drivers and teams adversely for example the cases were penalty decisions which should be applied to the current race are deferred to the succeeding race.

May not the kind of thing your panel would want to discuss BUT i would love a professional opinion.

fratelliferrari
14th September 2013, 17:56
When do you have your interview Jas?

Jas
15th September 2013, 14:36
When do you have your interview Jas?

26th...so 10 days time, had an assessment centre last week which took it out of me tbh! I think i'm going to talk about the tax structure which F1 has introduced to pay minimum tax aswell..what else I will see!

fratelliferrari
15th September 2013, 15:51
26th...so 10 days time, had an assessment centre last week which took it out of me tbh! I think i'm going to talk about the tax structure which F1 has introduced to pay minimum tax aswell..what else I will see!

Interesting subject, Jas! Good luck!

shamim179
15th September 2013, 20:40
I would choose an easier example than F1. The laws and rules are very complex with so many different parties each having their own agenda and interests. I understand that you are passionate about F1 but because it is an interview leading to a potential job it's best to use easy examples ones that you understand well therefore ones that you can talk about convincingly. Although, whoever interviews you may appreciate that F1 is a complex subject and not an easy task to talk about they will still hold you responsible for choosing a complex subject to talk about. Of course, if you know the subject of F1 thoroughly, go for it!

Best of luck.