PDA

View Full Version : History in the making.

Rob
6th February 2014, 13:17
http://i62.tinypic.com/28jy59k.jpg

Maranello, 5 February – Kimi Raikkonen and Fernando Alonso have chosen 7 and 14 respectively as their racing numbers for this year. Both numbers have already proved victorious in Formula 1 on Ferraris, but their glory days are ripe for revival. The number 7 first appeared on a Prancing Horse car in the 1953 British Grand Prix on Luigi Villoresi’s 500. The Italian started from sixth on the grid but retired with a technical problem while lying third. As for the 14, that was first seen on the Ferrari 125 of British privateer Peter Whitehead. He started the 1950 French Grand Prix last, but worked his way up to third at the flag. In 36 events with the number 7, Ferrari won twice, both times courtesy of John Surtees in the German GPs of 1963 and ’64. It also took four second places, five thirds and a further eleven points finishes. Therefore it hasn’t won for 50 years and it will be up to Kimi to end that particular drought.

Eight Ferrari drivers have carried the number 7, with Felipe Massa doing so most often, bearing it 19 times in 2010. Number 14 raced 23 times but only won once, thanks to Peter Collins in the 1956 French GP. Several names were linked to it on track: 18 in all, partly down to the rule that during the Fifties, organisers only allocated even numbers. The most regular user of 14, at least until this year’s Spanish Grand Prix, is the 1958 World Champion, Mike Hawthorn, who raced with it four times, the last occasion being that magical year’s Italian Grand Prix, where he finished second. 14 racked up a further four second places, a third and a further three points finishes. The last time this number was used by a Ferrari driver dates back to 1970, the Austrian Grand Prix to be precise, when Ignazio Giunti finished seventh at the wheel of a 312 B.

- See more at: http://formula1.ferrari.com/news/history-making#sthash.3lMUDV3z.dpuf

stefa
6th February 2014, 13:19
Let it be a good omen :-)

Winter
6th February 2014, 14:09
Lets just hope that those two(7+14) make unbeatable blackjack.

Kiwi Nick
6th February 2014, 14:24
I hope that this doesn't cause Nando to race like Giunti!

wisepie
6th February 2014, 15:20
Ignazio Giunti...now there's a blast from the past and a real Italian stallion. Let's hope we have better and longer-term results with 7 and 14 in the coming season, even if they aren't Italian!:pray

RedRebel40
6th February 2014, 16:14
27 and 28 wouldvbe fun :)

AfterLife
6th February 2014, 16:45
Numbers are just numbers and are for personal interests. Lets hope the team is ready to do everything in an ultimately perfect way and maximize every chance.

stefa
6th February 2014, 17:08
Numbers are just numbers and are for personal interests. Lets hope the team is ready to do everything in an ultimately perfect way and maximize every chance.

:clap

Giallo 550
6th February 2014, 17:32
Forza Fernando and Kimi!

Tifoso
6th February 2014, 20:05

Yup. :-)

GT Alfa driver
7th February 2014, 23:20
Kimi Räikkönen ! #7

wisepie
8th February 2014, 08:06
Kimi Räikkönen ! #7

Sorry but it's #14 Fernando for me, he's being trying harder for longer with our beloved team!

wisepie
8th February 2014, 08:06
Kimi Räikkönen ! #7

Sorry but it's #14 Fernando for me, he's being trying harder for longer with our beloved team!

GT Alfa driver
8th February 2014, 10:12
wisepie - everything's ok. Our mission is to stop Vettel and brake his ******* finger.

By the way, Alfa Romeo won the first two Championships in 1950-51. And it became a part of Ferrari in 1985. Mr. Enzo Ferrari himself was racing in Alfa Romeo team before made his own.

shamim179
8th February 2014, 22:56
It's interesting to note that we have the best two racers on the grid but Mercedes have the two best qualifiers. These intra team battles are going to be indeed fascinating. How will Rosberg respond now that Brawn is no longer there? How will Alonso cope when there isn't a clear number two?

Kingdom Hearts
9th February 2014, 04:57
It's interesting to note that we have the best two racers on the grid but Mercedes have the two best qualifiers.

Is easy to be a good qualifier when you have a qualifying rocket.

Rishu
9th February 2014, 05:04
Is easy to be a good qualifier when you have a qualifying rocket.

Off course car is very important but indeed Mercedes have two extremely strong drivers on single lap pace. Rosberg is perhaps as good as Hamilton but never gets his dues.

brembo man
9th February 2014, 14:43
Off course car is very important but indeed Mercedes have two extremely strong drivers on single lap pace. Rosberg is perhaps as good as Hamilton but never gets his dues.

Neither one is as good as Kimi. And he's ? Our #2 driver ? :rotfl My crystal ball keeps showing both our guys on the podium, but it's unclear which one is 1st and who's on sescond? [ "Hey Abott! " ]

Nero Horse
9th February 2014, 17:21
As a Ferrari fan, I don't really care which one of our drivers will win the WDC, as long as one of them do. I support them equally. Although I would prefer to see Alonso winning, cause he hasn't won a title with Ferrari yet and would certainly fully deserve to win at least one title with Ferrari, but I'd be just as happy if Kimi would win. But at the moment it's of course way too early to talk about winning any titles, first we'll have to see how competitive our car is going to be.

Forza Ferrari!!!!!

abbottcostello
10th February 2014, 02:08
Neither one is as good as Kimi. And he's ? Our #2 driver ? :rotfl My crystal ball keeps showing both our guys on the podium, but it's unclear which one is 1st and who's on sescond? [ "Hey Abott! " ]

Hey, wait a minute! (said in my best vaudevillian accent!), who's on first, what's on second!!!!:haha:

(my ears were burning :lol)

brembo man
10th February 2014, 06:31
Hey, wait a minute! (said in my best vaudevillian accent!), who's on first, what's on second!!!!:haha:

(my ears were burning :lol)
I wrote that hoping you would get a good laugh !