PDA

View Full Version : Raikkonen on Ferrari changes: 'Life goes on'

vcs316
17th April 2014, 11:30
Kimi Raikkonen does not think life at Ferrari will change dramatically despite Stefano Domenicali being replaced by Marco Mattiacci as team principal.

Ferrari announced Domenicali's resignation on Monday and appointed Mattiacci as team principal with immediate effect. Raikkonen's new boss will start work at this weekend's Chinese Grand Prix, but the Finn is not expecting a major change in approach.

"I don't know him, we've probably met before," he said. "He will have great people around him and lots of people to help him, so I don't think there will be any issues. I'm sure he will be very good at whatever he does and will do everything in his power to push us forwards.

"It will not change things suddenly around and will not make any miracles. We know where we are and we know where we have to improve and it doesn't change overnight."

Raikkonen is sad to see Domenicali leave but said life would go on.

"Everybody was a bit surprised but obviously that was Stefano's own decision as I understand. If he felt like that then fair enough and life goes on. It's sad because obviously he was a great guy and I worked with him for many years. Even when I didn't race for him I spoke with him. That's how it goes and I'm sure we can handle this kind of thing."

© ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Nero Horse
17th April 2014, 15:35
Interesting times ahead...I just hope that things will get better not worse with this change. Time will tell. Best of luck to our new TP.

wisepie
17th April 2014, 16:46
Interesting times ahead...I just hope that things will get better not worse with this change. Time will tell. Best of luck to our new TP.

You're right Nero Horse, we should wish him luck as he's going to need it, I'm getting tired of all these negative vibes on every subject currently discussed on TSN, understandable though they are. We just need to play to any strengths we do have and see whether we can claw our way back to some decent results, something to lift our spirits and our belief in the team. It may well be painfull but we need to be positive!:roll

Nero Horse
17th April 2014, 16:51
You're right Nero Horse, we should wish him luck as he's going to need it, I'm getting tired of all these negative vibes on every subject currently discussed on TSN, understandable though they are. We just need to play to any strengths we do have and see whether we can claw our way back to some decent results, something to lift our spirits and our belief in the team. It may well be painfull but we need to be positive!:roll

Totally agree with everything you said! :thumb