PDA

View Full Version : 6 tracks in - 6 tracks out

Nero Horse
30th April 2014, 22:05
Since the F1 world is quiet at the moment and the news have pretty much dried up, I thought it'd be interesting and fun to make one of these wish/fantasy threads.

So which 6 tracks would you wish to see included in the F1 calendar and which 6 tracks would you wish to cut from F1 calendar?

My list would be:

IN

1. Paul Ricard...or Magny Cours (French GP should definitely return to F1)
2. Imola...or Mugello
3. Estoril...or Algarve
4. Zandvoort
5. Long Beach...or Road Atlanta
6. Hermanos Rodriguez (Mexico)

OUT

1. Abu Dhabi
2. Sochi
3. Bahrain
4. Singapore
5. Budapest
6. --- (couldn't exclude any other tracks)

Majki2111
30th April 2014, 23:30
IN
1. Grobnik- very good track. Just watch on youtube.
And I would not threw out any of Tilkedroms. They're very good.. Sochi is not even built yet. Come on.

Nero Horse
1st May 2014, 00:53
IN
1. Grobnik- very good track. Just watch on youtube.
And I would not threw out any of Tilkedroms. They're very good.. Sochi is not even built yet. Come on.

Sochi is built and I've seen the layout and pictures, looks to be a boring track, very similar to Abu Dhabi.

ALO
1st May 2014, 01:30
In
1 the old "Ring"
2 Magny
3 Laguna Seca

Out
1 Abu Dabi
2 Bahrain
3 Korea
4 Singapore

abbottcostello
1st May 2014, 04:13
Would like to see Watkins Glen (New York) back in, but as it is now owned by NASCAR doubt that would ever happen. Went to my first GP there in 1970, didn't have much knowledge of F1 at the time, but I knew they were high technology & my gosh, they had those gorgeous red cars!;-)

My Picks:

In-
Watkins Glen (USA East)
Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez (Mexico City)
Magny Cours (France)
Buddh (India)
Laguna Seca (USA West)
Kyalami (S. Africa)

Out-
Bahrain
Speilburg (is this the old A-1 Ring now owned by Red Bull? That is why I would want it out :lol)

ALO - Korea is already out!

Sanomas
1st May 2014, 05:53
There are many tracks I would like to see back in F1...and a few ones I like to see them out!

So...here is my list:

IN:

French GP (completely new track in Paris)
Imola (this is my favorite)
Turkish GP (Istanbul Park)
South Africa GP (completely new track)
Mexican GP (completely new track)

Also:

Donington Park
Estroil
Jerez
Valencia

OUT:

South Korean GP
Indian GP

Sorry, I don't really have a list but I don't like to see these tracks in F1 over again!

It nice to see F1 running around in many tracks now, hope to see more!

anacleto
1st May 2014, 05:56
In-
New Jersey
Indy
Watkins Glen
Imola
Out-
Whatever it would take to get the above in!

Sanomas
1st May 2014, 06:48
In-
New Jersey
Indy
Watkins Glen
Imola
Out-
Whatever it would take to get the above in!

"Indy" as Indianapolis or an actual Indy track? I would love to see F1 in it again :)

Also I also like to add Daytona in my list too.

Kristof_F40
1st May 2014, 07:53
Why would some of you have Singapore or Bahrain out?

Singapore is a great race, indeed, it's a street circuit so not much overtaking etc. but a much more exciting race than Monaco. Bahrain is a great track, just not an ideal location for the fans...

Tobes
1st May 2014, 08:18
Based on your first post shouldn't you have called this thread '10 tracks in and 5 out'..? :-D

Sochi is built and I've seen the layout and pictures, looks to be a boring track, very similar to Abu Dhabi.

Really..? I think Sochi will be ok, and looks like it will drive similar to Canada...

In... Istanbul, Nordschleife, Laguna Seca, Brands GP and Apricot Hill :-)
Out... Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and any boring Tilke track that the ticket price is so exorbitant that it makes it impossible for the local community to afford to go and has empty grandstands..!

Sanomas
1st May 2014, 09:36
The idea of Singapore Grand Prix was racing in night, the track itself hasn't any thing special except night racing and it got mixed of Monaco-Valencia, it's a nice track...IMO.

As Tobes have mentioned, Nordschleife is have to be on list, it's SO long, yes...but you can't complain about that, it's really great track...you learning it each time you driving it.

In my opinion, Bahrain is fine, but it's really boring, and it's more boring when it comes at night...Abu Dhabi is beautiful, I like it...and it interesting to see race start at end of the day and finished at night.

Based on your first post shouldn't you have called this thread '10 tracks in and 5 out'..? :-D

Maybe we should change the title to "Tracks IN - Tracks OUT"?! ;)

anacleto
1st May 2014, 10:09
"Indy" as Indianapolis or an actual Indy track? I would love to see F1 in it again :)

Also I also like to add Daytona in my list too.

Hello Sanomas! I did indeed mean Indianapolis speedway. I went to all I believe it was 7 F1 races there. Not a great track for Ralph{ turn13 bad luck for him} but really great for his brother and Ferrari. The track holds over 200,000 fans ! Small down town area. At night the drivers and team members were easy to say hello to. Great nostalgia.

ManFromMilan
1st May 2014, 10:10
In

Magny Cours
Hockenheim(Old Circuit)
Bathhurst(Australia)
Laguna Seca

Out

Singapore
Bahrain
Basically anywhere where F1 is not supported and there is boring Tilke tracks

I would love to see F1 race in South Africa again. It will draw huge crowds, but without government backing it will never happen and all the tracks except Phakisa is not good enough any more to be able to host a F1 event.

Hornet
1st May 2014, 10:17
Lots of respect for the drivers who raced in Nordschleife. That track is a nightmare for me in video games, no matter how many times I played it, I can never remember what's the next corner or where to brake, lol.

Anyway I don't think Nordschleife is suitable for the modern safety standards in F1. The number of track marshals required would be staggering :-E

RedRebel40
1st May 2014, 11:07
in:

- OLD Hockenheim
- Turkish GP

ALO
1st May 2014, 11:08
"ALO - Korea is already out!"

Good work now can you finish the rest of myout list. :lol

SinanOzerS
1st May 2014, 11:16
IN:

-Hockenheimring
-Istanbul
-Oscar Galvez (Argentina)
-FUJI SPEEDWAY !
-Imola
-Indianapolis

OUT:

-Bahrain
-Abu Dhabi
-Austin
-Singapore
-Shanghai
-Kuala Lumpur

Majki2111
1st May 2014, 11:27
Nordschleife come on! No way it is good track. To dangerous. And all Tilkedroms out? What is wrong with that tracks. They provide awsome qualifing sessions.

Hornet
1st May 2014, 12:19
Nordschleife come on! No way it is good track. To dangerous. And all Tilkedroms out? What is wrong with that tracks. They provide awsome qualifing sessions.

Most of his tracks feels like the same formula, just putting the corners in different order. And most of them are build on relatively flat land, which makes them even less unique.

Which is not surprising since it's from the same person's mind, that's just his creative process. It's the sport's fault for not finding different designers who have their own thinking process.

Sanomas
1st May 2014, 12:34
Hello Sanomas! I did indeed mean Indianapolis speedway. I went to all I believe it was 7 F1 races there. Not a great track for Ralph{ turn13 bad luck for him} but really great for his brother and Ferrari. The track holds over 200,000 fans ! Small down town area. At night the drivers and team members were easy to say hello to. Great nostalgia.

Yes, Indianapolis track is pretty nice, it has some oval shape that is we see in Indy tracks...I always having this thought of US tracks to be oval shaped and races going to be boring (no offence), that why I don't like NASCAR or Indycar so much. But I'm glad to see that US back in F1 with Austin track...Texas Hold 'em!

I never forget 2005 race, just started as usual but ended up with 6 car...in formal lap, all cars with Michelin tyres backed to pit and race started with cars who using Bridgestone...it was very surprising!

And how awesome you went to all of them, must be wonderful!

Kyss4k
1st May 2014, 12:41
I just want Algarve in. I love that track.

Nero Horse
1st May 2014, 14:22
Why would some of you have Singapore or Bahrain out?

Singapore is a great race, indeed, it's a street circuit so not much overtaking etc. but a much more exciting race than Monaco. Bahrain is a great track, just not an ideal location for the fans...

Indeed, Singapore track is actually pretty good, I agree, there's always some interesting racing there, but because other tracks that I didn't exclude from the current F1 calendar are better, then I had no other choice than to put Singapore into the "Out" list. The same applies to Budapest's Hungaroring...I quite like that track actually, but there are just other better tracks on the F1 calendar.

fratelliferrari
1st May 2014, 14:42
IN for me:
1. Magny Course
2. Paul Ricard
3. Mugello
4. old layout Hockenheimring
5. San Marino
6. Indianapolis
7. Istanbul Park

F2008
1st May 2014, 14:50
In: Brands Hatch, Imola, Istanbul Park, Magny-Cours, Mugello, Watkins Glen
Out: Bahrain, Shanghai, Singapore, Sochi, Austin, Abu Dhabi

Tobes
1st May 2014, 15:53

It's a great track, it's got everything and modern F1 cars could cope with it, (as Nick Heidfeld showed in the BMW a few years ago), but I agree with Hornet that realistically it isn't ever going to happen for safety reasons, but you certainly can learn every kerb and every corner and as a stand alone track it is second to none... :-)

Nova
1st May 2014, 15:56
Paul Ricard... Imola...or Mugello
Estoril...Zandvoort
Of all, Id say Imola. Some dont like Austin, but I think its presence on the calender is important.
My friend lives there, loves the whole weekend and he was never a racing fan of any sort. He goes regularly now
and also loves the bikes.

Also remember when the German GP snaked thru the Ardennes? I loved watching that.

wisepie
1st May 2014, 16:54
In.....Imola, Mexico, French and Portuguese GPs, Watkins Glen, Zandvoort
Out...Any track that doesn't suit Ferrari! Unless we can have a GP every other weekend, in which case they can all stay and add India, Brands Hatch, New Jersey, Indy and Argentina!:-E

Rob
1st May 2014, 17:57

Really..? I think Sochi will be ok, and looks like it will drive similar to Canada...

In... Istanbul, Nordschleife, Laguna Seca, Brands GP and Apricot Hill :-)
Out... Abu Dhabi, Bahrain and any boring Tilke track that the ticket price is so exorbitant that it makes it impossible for the local community to afford to go and has empty grandstands..!

Apricot Hill mate :clap

Tobes
1st May 2014, 18:42
Apricot Hill mate :clap

:lol :lol :lol Knew either you or Greig would spot that...! :thumb

Rob
1st May 2014, 18:51
:lol :lol :lol Knew either you or Greig would spot that...! :thumb

:lol :thumb

that is my local test track ;-)

abbottcostello
2nd May 2014, 01:58
"ALO - Korea is already out!"

Good work now can you finish the rest of myout list. :lol
I'll give you my "outs", only came up w/2 but the more races the merrier!

Rob
2nd May 2014, 17:23
:Hmm

In-
Imola, I know racing wasnt always great there, but with all the "show" gizmos now could be good racing there.

A race in France, be it at Paul Ricard or somewhere else, F1 needs to be in France.

Bathurst, just a great track.

Istanbul, wasnt much a fan of there, but with these new rules, T8 be great to watch.

Old Hockenhiem, classic blast through the woods.

@Tobes, what about a night race at Special Stage route 5 ;-)

Out-

Abu Dullbi, Singapore, Sochi,

stefa
2nd May 2014, 19:56
OUT:
Almost every Hermann Tilke built circuit!
IN:
Old Hockenheim
Magny Course
Laguna Seca

Tobes
2nd May 2014, 21:59
@Tobes, what about a night race at Special Stage route 5 ;-)

Sounds like a plan mate, should be back on track in a week or so... :thumb

Rob
3rd May 2014, 07:30
Sounds like a plan mate, should be back on track in a week or so... :thumb

:thumb