PDA

View Full Version : Has Lewis picked up his toys yet?

Greig
25th May 2014, 17:22
Sore loser ain't he?

Anyway my main point was pre-race in an interview with Herbert he spoke about how mind games are not for him and how he does all the talking on track, and said how beating his rival in a equal car proves everything. Fair enough, but then come the grid walk Lauda confirms to Brundle that Lewis used a engine map he was not meant to use (more power) in Spain which off course let him beat Nico, and that Lewis apologised for doing so......

So much for equal cars then Lewis.....

Kyss4k
25th May 2014, 17:32
Sore loser ain't he?

Anyway my main point was pre-race in an interview with Herbert he spoke about how mind games are not for him and how he does all the talking on track, and said how beating his rival in a equal car proves everything. Fair enough, but then come the grid walk Lauda confirms to Brundle that Lewis used a engine map he was not meant to use (more power) in Spain which off course let him beat Nico, and that Lewis apologised for doing so......

I thought he matured... I guess it was just great job done by his PR guys.

Hornet
25th May 2014, 17:38
I think Lewis' maturity hit a new low at the media area interview where he said Nico is not his friend and he would have gotten better strategy if he was at McLaren. That McLaren comment was way out of line. He has the right to be disappointed, but throwing the team under the bus and comparing them to his previous team is a very bad move.

I have a lot of respect for his driving talent, but I think his poor attitude is going to be his undoing, if the championship goes down to the wire. He really lets losing gets to him in his mind and this could be harmful for himself. Would be fun to watch though :-G

Greig
25th May 2014, 17:41
he would have gotten better strategy if he was at McLaren. That McLaren comment was way out of line.

Yeah funny he said that considering.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8591447.stm

FFFerrari
25th May 2014, 17:44
I used to think that he grew up, but obviously I was wrong. Rosberg seems a bit "posh", but atleast he doesn't vomit on his team in the media. I truly hope that Lewis doesn't win anything, anymore.

Hornet
25th May 2014, 17:52
Yeah funny he said that considering.....http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8591447.stm

:lol

Hermann
25th May 2014, 17:55
I think Lewis' maturity hit a new low at the media area interview where he said Nico is not his friend and he would have gotten better strategy if he was at McLaren. That McLaren comment was way out of line. He has the right to be disappointed, but throwing the team under the bus and comparing them to his previous team is a very bad move.

I have a lot of respect for his driving talent, but I think his poor attitude is going to be his undoing, if the championship goes down to the wire. He really lets losing gets to him in his mind and this could be harmful for himself. Would be fun to watch though :-G

Very interesting indeed. Only that back in 2007 he complained the same about Mclaren :rotfl

Katu
25th May 2014, 18:06
Very interesting indeed. Only that back in 2007 he complained the same about Mclaren :rotfl

and wasn't it the Monaco GP as well?

ntukza
25th May 2014, 18:09
When did he make the McLaren comment, after the race?

Rob
25th May 2014, 18:09
:Hmm

Well, got say same as Greig. Thought the same, we would see Lewis play "fair". But then after hearing what Brundle said about the "engine boost map", my respect for him went out of the window. And made me think, if Nico did that lock up and going off to gain pole after hearing what Lewis did, fair play.

Also, i think Lewis, thinks he is bigger and on a "higher plain" than rest of the grid. He speaks, seems to me, different this year. Not sure why, but after watching the clip he done about Jack Brabham, thought to myself why speaking like that. Could be people round him, making him think he is bigger than F1, and all the other drivers are not "worthy" to be on the same track as him.

I dont now, but what i do know, we are seeing the real Lewis now.

Maybe, 2007, wasnt all Ron Dennis's fault.

ntukza
25th May 2014, 18:10
I must say I'm really enjoying this - Hamilton digging his own grave.

Rob
25th May 2014, 18:11

yeah, to Nat Pinkham in an interview.

Hermann
25th May 2014, 18:14
Its like 2007 all over again. Just wait until he starts complaining about the press too- and about being nr.2 in the team- and all that stuff...

Hornet
25th May 2014, 18:21

Yep. Here's what he said

"When I was at McLaren we had two strategists and the strategy from my strategist was to get the best overall result for me," Hamilton told Sky Sports F1 afterwards.

"Unfortunately [at Mercedes] we have one overall strategist, and he's amazing, but unfortunately the role in the team is that he has to look out for the number one [driver in the race] and the guy in second has to come second. I knew from the get-go that I had a lesser opportunity to win the race and I needed a miracle to win at a track like this.

"An opportunity occurred where I could have come in. When I was at McLaren, l would have been pulled in on that lap and that may have given me the smallest advantage to get the jump over the Safety Car.
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/9325629/lewis-hamilton-frustrated-not-to-get-chance-to-pre-empt-safety-car-in-monaco-gp

tpe
25th May 2014, 18:22
Its like 2007 all over again. Just wait until he starts complaining about the press too- and about being nr.2 in the team- and all that stuff...

And the fact that he is an Englishman in a German team with a German driver etc etc etc... Who said that the season will be boring??

mirafiori
25th May 2014, 18:26
Hamilton has quoted he is not like Rosberg born with a privilege back ground, which Hamilton said made him more hungry for success but I see Hamilton who has been very fortunate in his career with the Mclaren factor. Hamilton is always moaning for me he is spoiled brat.

stefa
25th May 2014, 18:32
LH is acting like a little spoiled brat!

Katu
25th May 2014, 18:33
LH is acting like a little spoiled brat!

ever considered that he is not acting?

brava
25th May 2014, 18:59
Looks like being hungrier than Rosberg is not enough.

stefa
25th May 2014, 19:20
ever considered that he is not acting?

Stand to correct my self. You are right 100%. He is not acting he IS!

Ferrari Rules
25th May 2014, 19:22
Don't like him never will.

His attitude does not belong in F1, perhaps in the football scene but not in F1! (No offence intended to footy fans)

khizerk
25th May 2014, 19:27
Yep. Here's what he said

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/9325629/lewis-hamilton-frustrated-not-to-get-chance-to-pre-empt-safety-car-in-monaco-gp

To be fair he's only explaining how two strategists at Mclaren made sure that team mates could race like rivals. In my opinion, had Rosberg been a proper gentleman, he would at least have offered the place to LH after the fiasco at qualifying - he did gain an unfair advantage.

mirafiori
25th May 2014, 19:35
To be fair he's only explaining how two strategists at Mclaren made sure that team mates could race like rivals. In my opinion, had Rosberg been a proper gentleman, he would at least have offered the place to LH after the fiasco at qualifying - he did gain an unfair advantage.

Why do you think Rosberg gained an unfair advantage when he was cleared after investigation.

Ferrari Rules
25th May 2014, 19:38

No he is basically saying that with Merc he does not have a N1 status, or should I say a favorite status. Don't try to find him an excuse please.

What a car they give him and what a thing to say in return, very close to being disrespectful if you ask me!

ManFromMilan
25th May 2014, 19:43
he did gain an unfair advantage.

You must be joking!!! Offer his #1 spot because Louise could not lap faster than him when he had the chance? Poor Louise, must be handed places otherwise his fans feel cheated. Yeah that is the mark of a true champion. :roll

The car causing the yellow flag could also have been any one of the other cars doing Q3 and not just Nico. That is part of racing. Especially at Monaco.

He has been the one starting to "play the mind games" with his comments the last week and for him it did not work at all.

And for using a much more powerfull engine map, that is just cheating. Plane and simple.

He truly is as far away from what Ferrari want and should have in a driver as you can get.

Hermann
25th May 2014, 20:54
You must be joking!!! Offer his #1 spot because Louise could not lap faster than him when he had the chance? Poor Louise, must be handed places otherwise his fans feel cheated. Yeah that is the mark of a true champion. :roll

The car causing the yellow flag could also have been any one of the other cars doing Q3 and not just Nico. That is part of racing. Especially at Monaco.

He has been the one starting to "play the mind games" with his comments the last week and for him it did not work at all.

And for using a much more powerfull engine map, that is just cheating. Plane and simple.

He truly is as far away from what Ferrari want and should have in a driver as you can get.

This time he did not get through with the 'story'. No Uncle Ron or his father running to FIA for him.

dpiatto
25th May 2014, 20:56
Hamilton got everything he deserved this weekend & imo was payback for Bahrain.
Merc were very fortunate to have got a 1,2 that day & owe it to Rosberg who avoided 2 late lunges that were poorly executed from Lewis that would certainly have wiped them both out had Nico not been sensible.
As for the Quali incident,if Nico did it on purpose then good on him as he got away with it & it's got Lewis boiling.
Shame really because I started warming to him after he left Mclaren but he seems to be loosing his head now with paranoid remarks over the radio that are making him look a complete fool.
Pity Ricci couldn't get him at the end & sent him over the edge.

REDARMYSOJA
25th May 2014, 21:08

When will he learn he always loses at mind games. He lost against Alonso, he lost against Button, he'll lose against Nico.

I used to want him at Ferrari. No more. Never.

Kyss4k
25th May 2014, 21:19
When will he learn he always loses at mind games. He lost against Alonso, he lost against Button, he'll lose against Nico.

I used to want him at Ferrari. No more. Never.

I felt that about Alonso as well, but he matured really well. Just as I started to "like" Lewis and after all that love sharing between him and Alonso I could somehow seen him in red overall. But he is still this spoiled brat he used to be. And Rosberg is no better. His interviews and all his comunication are like he would have all the knowlege of the world. From Vettel to this... nothing really changed.

shamim179
25th May 2014, 22:08
Hamilton is just saying how it works in Mercedes as they have a lead strategist who gives priority to the lead car of a particular race and not to the number 1 driver. There is no number 1 driver at Mercedes at least not until now. That's clearly evident from how they are allowed to race each other.

However, I must say he's a little naive for making such remarks as the media loves to make stories out of it. He needs to think about the bigger picture and focus on the WDC goal. How he copes will be a true testament to his character. I do think he is marginally faster than Rosberg but only by the tiniest of margins but the question remains as to how mentally strong he is. His past history doesn't suggest he is mentally strong but perhaps he has changed. We'll see.

XXX132
26th May 2014, 04:56
Lewis used a engine map he was not meant to use (more power)

What special map? So Mercs can go even faster!? :-E

Maybe Toto will "tweak" Lewie's ear too now...

Hornet
26th May 2014, 05:54

Well, if Lewis feels that something is wrong in how Merc plan their strategy, then I'm sure he can bring that up with the team and maybe even request for changes. Going to the media and say how McLaren could have done better only make him look like a fool, because he was the one who chose to go to Merc.

The stewards have cleared Rosberg after reviewing all the hard evidence, I think it's unfair to claim otherwise.

Stormsearcher
26th May 2014, 06:05
I actually thot hamilton had grown up and was respecting the guy of late. But these last few races have shown he is still the spoilt brat that he was. Between the merc boys, i was rooting for LH for i think NR is a kinda average- good driver with the right father in the right place... but after hearing what LH did in spain (diff map).. i no longer blame NR for doing what he did (deliberate or otherwise) in monaco quali, and i guess i will be hoping he beats LH this year *(though i cant see that happening).

mirafiori
26th May 2014, 06:56
I actually thot hamilton had grown up and was respecting the guy of late. But these last few races have shown he is still the spoilt brat that he was. Between the merc boys, i was rooting for LH for i think NR is a kinda average- good driver with the right father in the right place... but after hearing what LH did in spain (diff map).. i no longer blame NR for doing what he did (deliberate or otherwise) in monaco quali, and i guess i will be hoping he beats LH this year *(though i cant see that happening).

Well said.

shamim179
26th May 2014, 09:55
This is a high profile sport which means that if you're a driver you gain good media attention and maybe even a celebrity status. Hamilton has done no favors to himself with how his fans and media will view him. But most important of all, he needs the outmost support from his team if he is going to stand any chance of beating a very evenly matched Rosberg. He has been cynical of his team lately and questioning their strategies as if he doesn't trust them. The team will only take so much and if by then Rosberg is in a position where he has more points, he'll get more support from the team than Hamilton. There's still a lot more to come between these two. It's still early stages.

fratelliferrari
26th May 2014, 10:12
I really enjoy this situation with Mercedes at the moment. I never liked Lewis and Bieber and I really really hope they will never drive for us :pray

Kingdom Hearts
26th May 2014, 10:40
He is doing what he did in 2007, but this time he is not the darling of the team principal, he is not going to be shielded and he can say or do whatever he wants.

mirafiori
26th May 2014, 10:48
Don't forget over the 3 years Hamilton was at Mclaren Button scored more points.

wisepie
26th May 2014, 11:25
I really enjoy this situation with Mercedes at the moment. I never liked Lewis and Bieber and I really really hope they will never drive for us :pray
It's a shame Merc are so far ahead as I feel the same about Lewis, he was under Ron's wing from an early age and got all the benefit by starting his F1 career in a top team, Nico wasn't so lucky to land a top team at first and had to work for it, and now has the upper hand for the moment. His family connections and upbringing shouldn't come into it, he still had to make the grade. So Merc's team rivalry will be the main entertainment this year, unless we really can get the F14-T up to speed. As for Bieber, I have to agree with you fratelli, but I still fear he may end up in red.

Alesi1
26th May 2014, 11:51
It's a shame Merc are so far ahead as I feel the same about Lewis, he was under Ron's wing from an early age and got all the benefit by starting his F1 career in a top team, Nico wasn't so lucky to land a top team at first and had to work for it, and now has the upper hand for the moment. His family connections and upbringing shouldn't come into it, he still had to make the grade. So Merc's team rivalry will be the main entertainment this year, unless we really can get the F14-T up to speed. As for Bieber, I have to agree with you fratelli, but I still fear he may end up in red.
Hope you're wrong and the only red he ends up in is a Santa suit (at the RBR Christmas party)

FerrariFanBoii
26th May 2014, 11:57
Don't forget over the 3 years Hamilton was at Mclaren Button scored more points.

Button only finished ahead of him in the championship once, that was 2011

mirafiori
26th May 2014, 12:23
Button only finished ahead of him in the championship once, that was 2011

If you take the three years overall to show consistency Button scored more points, 672 for button 657 for hamilton.:thumb

Senna4Ever
26th May 2014, 12:29
As for Bieber, I have to agree with you fratelli, but I still fear he may end up in red.

If anyone still delighted by Bieber as an desirable driver after this season then this person should start making Pizza because of the tomatoes on the eyes ...

Alonso will drive a year with Bianchi where he (Bianchi) can learn from the best I've seen the last 10 years
and Hulk will join as the other one ...

we will have a lot of fun ...

AMEN ...

Forzi
26th May 2014, 13:18
Lewis got a dominant car below him, got a few victories under his belt like in the good ol days, and now regained the attitude he had in the good ol days. Think it was 2008 when he had his last dominant car. I did start to like him as a driver and a person, especially when he joined Mercedes, thinking that he had matured a lil, but now i see that it was just the lack of wins and chances to gloat. Welcome back old and real Lewis, with your imitation of the Senna "i'm better than anyone", "i got a right and hunger bigger than anyone" attitude.

Forzi
26th May 2014, 13:28
Chances are, we might just get a Lewis era, which will most likely outshine anything we saw for the past 4 years. I mean it annoyance wise. Seb did dominate, but he didn't gloat and usually kept it to himself. Lewis loves downsizing everyone, even his team and team mate and making him self a god chosen messiah. This has only begun.

Nova
26th May 2014, 14:40
Engine mapping indeed..Im still wondering how Merc can run so quick and still only use the required fuel allotment.
Its as if they have 50 more hp than anyone. Im still not understanding how the use of all these electrics make the
cars go any faster. They def dont do anything for the sound.

Nero Horse
26th May 2014, 21:55
I don't really care what's going on in Merc at all, but if I had to choose which of the two I'd prefer to see winning a WDC title this year (if it won't be either of our drivers) then I'd definitely vote for Rosberg, although I don't like him either, but he's lesser of the two evils. I have to admit that I do admire Ham's natural skill and speed as a racing driver, but his awful gangsta rapper image and self-righteous and extremely narcissistic personality are simply repulsive. And just like many others on here, I too had thought that he had matured and I even started to like him a little, but this season has once again brought out the obnoxious whiny Ham that we all knew during his mclaren days. So yea, if one of the Merc drivers is going to win the WDC then I hope it's gonna be Rosberg. That would really make Ham go crazy. He might even leave F1 completely and join up with 50 Cent or Snoop Dogg to become a full-time rapper LOL. :lol

SilverstoneWolf
27th May 2014, 08:31
There are more sour grapes and tears on this thread than lewis could ever achieve.

FA fan
27th May 2014, 08:59
Sore loser ain't he?

well to be fair in an interview between lewis and nico,lewis did say that nico used it in bahrain and he did it in spain!

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/12433/9325650/Lewis-Hamilton-denies-being-friends-with-Nico-Rosberg-as-gloves-come-off-at-Mercedes

Nero Horse
27th May 2014, 16:39
PitLaneTalk ‏@pitlanetalk

Jenson Button says Hamilton will destroy Rosberg in the upcoming races. Says he'll be stronger after relationships broke down. #F1 #Formula1

LOL "Hamilton will destroy Rosberg in the upcoming races"...yeah, right. :rotfl We'll see, we'll see... :-D

ManFromMilan
27th May 2014, 21:18
LOL "Hamilton will destroy Rosberg in the upcoming races"...yeah, right. :rotfl We'll see, we'll see... :-D

I can already see Lewis coming together with Rosberg in Canada just like he did with Button and as i recall Lewis destroyed only himself then.

Nero Horse
27th May 2014, 21:37
I can already see Lewis coming together with Rosberg in Canada just like he did with Button and as i recall Lewis destroyed only himself then.

In that sense maybe he will destroy Rosberg, yes ...Rosberg's car to be precise LOL. :lol

But I think what Button meant was that Ham is going to destroy Rosberg in the sense that he's going to be much faster on the track than Rosberg, which I highly doubt. He hasn't been able to "destroy" Rosberg thus far and I really can't see it happening in the upcoming races either. If anything, it was Rosberg who destroyed Ham mentally in Monaco.

racingbradley
28th May 2014, 09:37
Button knows nothing. :roll
I think Hamilton will continue to be a cry baby and throw his toys out of the pram all season especially when Rosburg beats him. :-)
That is if Toto & Nicki don't sort him out, ;-);-) They may not be so patient as uncle Ron was.:-)
Lewis at Ferrari perish the thought. Never :lol

Rishu
28th May 2014, 10:30
Actually, I can agree to Button. Lewis is formidable when he is focused for results, but 'destroy' is an exaggerated word

ManFromMilan
28th May 2014, 10:46
Actually, I can agree to Button. Lewis is formidable when he is focused for results, but 'destroy' is an exaggerated word

As long as Lewis is trying to play "mind games" he will quickly loose out in this years championship. And then there would be an eventual coming together between the Merc drivers for sure.

Even before Monaco GP he couldn't destroy Nico, as he couldn't destroy Jenson. If all fails he and his team mate might be close to each others points in the championship, but i still feel that Nico has the edge between them.

Majki2111
28th May 2014, 11:02
You all will be surprised how will Rosberg handle Hamilton on Canada and tracks like that. Nico will be very good. Equal with Hamilton.
Just few posts really not in place here. Cry like little baby. Tipical Ferrari comment.:doh:doh:doh:doh:doh

Rishu
28th May 2014, 11:03
As long as Lewis is trying to play "mind games" he will quickly loose out in this years championship. And then there would be an eventual coming together between the Merc drivers for sure.

Even before Monaco GP he couldn't destroy Nico, as he couldn't destroy Jenson. If all fails he and his team mate might be close to each others points in the championship, but i still feel that Nico has the edge between them.

First race Hamilton Pole & then engine failure. Next four races, 3 Poles & 4 wins. Monaco, 2 tenths quicker on his final hot lap before had to abort, I am sure he would've won Monaco had he got his lap. I respect your opinion but to me it seems Hamilton is inside Rosberg's head

SilverstoneWolf
28th May 2014, 11:13
Button knows nothing. :roll
I think Hamilton will continue to be a cry baby and throw his toys out of the pram all season especially when Rosburg beats him. :-)
That is if Toto & Nicki don't sort him out, ;-);-) They may not be so patient as uncle Ron was.:-)
Lewis at Ferrari perish the thought. Never :lol

Why would you not want the fastest driver in a red car? makes no sense at all.

ManFromMilan
28th May 2014, 11:14
I respect your opinion but to me it seems Hamilton is inside Rosberg's head

No problem man, we won't fight over Hamilton;-)

Let's wait and see what Canada brings. As a favorite track of Hamilton it will be telling how Rosberg performs there. Who cracks and gives up the advantage.

But hopefully they will tangle and the updates gives us a car/s that win.

Raz
28th May 2014, 11:49
You guys don't know what I had to deal with over the past few days on twitter, fb, mainly on twitter.. I hated him in the beginning as we all did, and now as things get serious, he goes back to 2007.. Last year he was actually alright.. but no.. now.. sorry mate, get out of Merc..

SilverstoneWolf
28th May 2014, 13:28
You guys don't know what I had to deal with over the past few days on twitter, fb, mainly on twitter.. I hated him in the beginning as we all did, and now as things get serious, he goes back to 2007.. Last year he was actually alright.. but no.. now.. sorry mate, get out of Merc..

What exactly has he done wrong to get some many people bent all out of shape? He felt hard done by, big deal. He was the only one to congratulate merc on a 1-2 finish on the podium interview for starters.

shamim179
28th May 2014, 13:31
Regardless of who wins the WDC this year, either one of these drivers will be a very deserving champion. The battle will surely intensify futher going into next year. Mercedes are enjoying themselves by allowing such competition of the highest levels to take place between their drivers as this ensures that they get the maximum out of them. The WDC is there for the taking.

Raz
28th May 2014, 13:37
What exactly has he done wrong to get some many people bent all out of shape? He felt hard done by, big deal. He was the only one to congratulate merc on a 1-2 finish on the podium interview for starters.

Have a read of this..
http://thejudge13.com/2014/05/26/daily-f1-news-and-comment-monday-26th-may-2014/#Hamilton wants a fair fight on his terms

SilverstoneWolf
28th May 2014, 13:50
Nico did the same thing in Bahrain. So your point is? I find it amazing that fans of a team that in recent times have had/and have Alonso and Schumacher, 2 drivers that have been more controversial than Lewis ever could, pick what is basically fly manure and monitor every word that comes out of the guys mouth.

As i said he felt hard done by (and rightly so IMO) but come on guys, he is hardly satan is he and is this kind of drama not another reason we love this great sport?

**Swearing, even creatively, is not allowed. Please refrain. Thanks**

Suzie
28th May 2014, 14:05
I think the criticism of Lewis after Monaco is justified. You can have a winning mentality without behaving like a petulant child, being monosyllabic when asked questions by the press, and speaking to his race engineer in the rude manner he has done for the past few races. He is almost 30 years old and he is no more mature than he was when he first came into F1. He has been given a car this year that any driver would kill to get their hands on, and he still constantly has a face on him. His comments about 'back in McLaren' and 'channelling Senna' this weekend were ridiculous. It's like someone with an ounce of sense needs to take him to one side and tell him to lose the attitude and have a bit of humility.

I would honestly love to see him and Fernando as teammates again because Fernando has something that Lewis is apparently never going to have - a brain in his head.

SilverstoneWolf
28th May 2014, 14:10
@ MOD

Edited.

I dont see a problem at all with the Mclaren comments, it was merely to point out the different operating conditions he now works under, so where is the problem with that. The senna thing was over the top granted. And you are correct about telfon fernando, he can cheat and get away with it scot free.

Suzie
28th May 2014, 14:25
And you are correct about telfon fernando, he can cheat and get away with it scot free.

Hahahahah! Ooooh - now you said that and not me :lol

SilverstoneWolf
28th May 2014, 14:28
:thumb

BigGar32
28th May 2014, 15:05
I think the criticism of Lewis after Monaco is justified. You can have a winning mentality without behaving like a petulant child, being monosyllabic when asked questions by the press, and speaking to his race engineer in the rude manner he has done for the past few races. He is almost 30 years old and he is no more mature than he was when he first came into F1. He has been given a car this year that any driver would kill to get their hands on, and he still constantly has a face on him. His comments about 'back in McLaren' and 'channelling Senna' this weekend were ridiculous. It's like someone with an ounce of sense needs to take him to one side and tell him to lose the attitude and have a bit of humility.

I would honestly love to see him and Fernando as teammates again because Fernando has something that Lewis is apparently never going to have - a brain in his head.

Would you really want to see this? Alonso couldn't beat Hamilton in his rookie year. Are that confident that he'd turn the tables now? I wouldn't be so sure myself but it's all down to opinions I guess.

mirafiori
28th May 2014, 15:19
Nico did the same thing in Bahrain. So your point is? I find it amazing that fans of a team that in recent times have had/and have Alonso and Schumacher, 2 drivers that have been more controversial than Lewis ever could, pick what is basically fly manure and monitor every word that comes out of the guys mouth.

As i said he felt hard done by (and rightly so IMO) but come on guys, he is hardly satan is he and is this kind of drama not another reason we love this great sport?

**Swearing, even creatively, is not allowed. Please refrain. Thanks**

During all the interviews at Monaco Hamilton was acting like a child, in fact he has done this since we have all seen him on TV, He is a fantastic driver no one can question his talent. You state that Alonso and Schumacher are more controversial, you need to do your home work, Hamilton has had 35 incidents from 2007 to 2011, in 5 years. I doubt Both Alonso and Schumacher combined will end up with more racing incidents. Hamilton even said on Saturday evening he would do what Senna did to Prost at the first corner and Derek Warwick the race steward for the race said it was very disappointing the comments made by Hamilton...:thumb

BigGar32
28th May 2014, 15:29
During all the interviews at Monaco Hamilton was acting like a child, in fact he has done this since we have all seen him on TV, He is a fantastic driver no one can question his talent. You state that Alonso and Schumacher are more controversial, you need to do your home work, Hamilton has had 35 incidents from 2007 to 2011, in 5 years. I doubt Both Alonso and Schumacher combined will end up with more racing incidents. Hamilton even said on Saturday evening he would do what Senna did to Prost at the first corner and Derek Warwick the race steward for the race said it was very disappointing the comments made by Hamilton...:thumb

No, he did not say he would replicate by Senna by taking out Rosberg at the start. He merely stated that he liked the way that Senna dealt with things. Senna v Prost didn't all come down to that one incident.

Hornet
28th May 2014, 15:37
Would you really want to see this? Alonso couldn't beat Hamilton in his rookie year. Are that confident that he'd turn the tables now? I wouldn't be so sure myself but it's all down to opinions I guess.
You meant in McLaren that pretty much focused on Lewis and turned against Alonso?

No, he did not say he would replicate by Senna by taking out Rosberg at the start. He merely stated that he liked the way that Senna dealt with things. Senna v Prost didn't all come down to that one incident.

Lewis said this:
Hamilton: “I don’t know if Senna and Prost talked about it but I quite liked the way Senna dealt with that so I’ll take a page out of his book.”
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114110

So yes, he did say he will emulate Senna's way of dealing with it. Can't say I'm a Senna expert, but I doubt Senna's way was to moan about the team during and after the race.

BigGar32
28th May 2014, 15:45
You meant in McLaren that pretty much focused on Lewis and turned against Alonso?

Lewis is the only driver big headed enough to constantly compare himself to Senna, yet does the opposite and resort to whining each time he gets beaten by his team mate. Maybe you've missed all his whining when he was paired with Button, going as far as to post their telemetry data to the public when he got beaten by Button. No other driver does embarrassing stuff like this.

I'm no fan of Hamilton. Just giving my opinion. I actually think that Hamilton's behaviour on the weekend was extremely petulant and immature and I don't like to see it.

Tony
28th May 2014, 15:56
Regardless of who wins the WDC this year, either one of these drivers will be a very deserving champion. The battle will surely intensify futher going into next year. Mercedes are enjoying themselves by allowing such competition of the highest levels to take place between their drivers as this ensures that they get the maximum out of them. The WDC is there for the taking.

Thank God for that too, it's one of the only reasons I'm still tuning in to watch races... you never know what's going to happen between those two... if it wasn't for that I don't think I could stand watching another year of one driver dominating.... even if the races behind the lead 2 are exciting, watching drivers competing for 3rd-10th place isn't all that interesting to me....

mirafiori
28th May 2014, 16:26

He said he would take a page out of Senna book regarding the incident at the first corner in Japan 1990. You can mince your words but we all know what he meant, that's why Derek Warwick said Hamilton's comments were very disappointing. If you want to carry on defending a child you will only lose the argument.

Alessandra
28th May 2014, 17:40
I am not and probably never will be a fan of LH , but the incident over the use of the boost mode, against team oders, mentionned on a previous page is not as straight forward as it appeared, according to David Coulthard on his BBC piece.....

"It emerged in Monaco that one of the contributory factors to the dispute was that Hamilton had used a 'boost' mode on his engine during their battle for victory at the previous race in Spain when the drivers had been forbidden from doing so. That appears to have annoyed Rosberg.
But firstly Hamilton said Rosberg himself had done the same thing during their fight in Bahrain, so it was effectively neutralised. "

This seems not to have ben denied or corrected by Rosberg so we must assume it was a piece of tit -for- tat on Hamilton's part rather than purely acting against team orders.

Tobes
28th May 2014, 18:31
You guys don't know what I had to deal with over the past few days

Funny thing karma..! :lol

I hated him in the beginning as we all did, and now as things get serious, he goes back to 2007.. Last year he was actually alright.. but no.. now.. sorry mate, get out of Merc..

Actually, "we all" is somewhat of an exaggeration, I don't hate him, this is all a storm in a teacup, it's just bickering team mates, happens all the time when they have a competitive car, it's all become very tit for tat and a bit playground mentality, but no worse than Senna and Prost, Mansell and Piquet, Hamilton and Alonso or Vettel and Webber, maybe you'd be happier if Nico was #1 driver like Schumi was and Lewis wasn't allowed to race him..?
We all wish we knew what went on behind closed doors at different teams, indeed someone has commented that they are looking forward to Webbers book to find out the truth, luckily for us we don't have to wait for Lewis's book, it plays out in public, it's like watching a fortnightly soap opera, only it's true... Lucky Merc..! :-P

Greig
28th May 2014, 18:48
It is a storm in a tea cup but it does seem like Nico has the mental battle well and truly won against Lewis, if that can be turned into a driving advantage we shall see.

Winter
28th May 2014, 20:02
That Vettel guy is the worst! Every thing Vettel does is wrong, how Vettel dares to celebrate his victory like that, with out his car Vettel would be nothing!!!

Oh, sorry.. Vettel doesn't dominate right now, this year is Hamiltons.

Gould
28th May 2014, 20:11
All Lewis has succeeded in doing is showing (again) where his weakness lies. Emotionally he isn't on a par with FA or even Rosberg for that matter. Paper thin defenses and an area to exploit.......

Giallo 550
28th May 2014, 20:25

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl You can't honestly believe that!

Tobes
28th May 2014, 20:36
It is a storm in a tea cup but it does seem like Nico has the mental battle well and truly won against Lewis, if that can be turned into a driving advantage we shall see.

I'm not so sure Nico has won the mental battle, I do think Lewis is being a bit paranoid right now, but he'll get over it, and if Nico did use the faster engine map in Bahrain (which appears to be the case) then there is some justification in Lewis being a bit paranoid, and equal justification that he did the same in Spain...
I don't think any of this is unusual, the only unusual bit is it has (to date) been played out in the public eye, but I imagine that will cease to be the case in the very near future and the interteam squabbling will be kept behind closed doors, shame really, has been entertaining... :-)

Like him or hate him, he's a winner, and has a win at all cost mentality, reminds me of Michael, and I liked that mentality in Schumi, and i'd like that mentality in Lewis if he ever came to Maranello...

Still think Lewis will win WDC this year...

abbottcostello
28th May 2014, 23:54
Sure seems so! If Nico can squeeze out a victory over Lewis in Canada it could be a tipping point in the rivalry, as Lewis would certainly lose it & unload on everyone, more so than the recent past.

Really looking forward to the race, about the only thing that could put their battle on the back burner would be for other teams to have some big success w/updates
(are you listening, Ferrari? :lol)

I think Nico is ahead in the mind game right now, it is like shifting sands tho', changes after each event!

Hornet
29th May 2014, 04:26
That Vettel guy is the worst! Every thing Vettel does is wrong, how Vettel dares to celebrate his victory like that, with out his car Vettel would be nothing!!!

Oh, sorry.. Vettel doesn't dominate right now, this year is Hamiltons.
Not sure what you're trying to imply, but the people who dislike Vettel still dislike him, and not everyone here dislike him either.

I've held the opinion that Vettel was a contributing factor to RB success in the past, and also if Ferrari were to lose Alonso, we'd better do everything we can to get Vettel as I believe he is the closest thing to Alonso. (Before anyone brings Riccardo up, this was in past seasons lol)

If Ferrari plans to pair Alonso with Vettel in the future, with or without Adrain Newey, I would have no objection to it as I still do believe Vettel is a very good driver.

DIEK
29th May 2014, 17:04
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t1.0-9/10373693_724865454241055_1753796628440614215_n.jpg

:lol

ManFromMilan
31st May 2014, 02:22
Hamilton clears the air with F1 team-mate Rosberg

Lewis Hamilton says he has spoken to Formula 1 title rival Nico Rosberg following their falling out at the recent Monaco Grand Prix, and says they are still friends.

Tension between the two Mercedes drivers has been rising since the Spanish Grand Prix earlier this month, where Hamilton reportedly used a more powerful engine mode to repel Rosberg's attack for the win late in the race, forcing an apology from the Briton afterwards.

The relationship between the two team-mates broke down further at last weekend's Monaco GP, where Rosberg took the escape road at Mirabeau in the dying moments of qualifying, bringing out yellow flags and denying Hamilton the chance to snatch pole.

Hamilton insinuated that Rosberg did this deliberately and refused to speak to his team-mate on the podium after finishing second to him in the race, leading to criticism from Mercedes executive Niki Lauda.

Mercedes has moved to play down comparisons of the rivalry to the bitter feud between Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna in the late 1980s and early '90s, and Hamilton said he had since spoken to his team-mate to clear the air.

Posting a picture on Twitter of the two on unicycles from their younger days, Hamilton said: "We've been friends a long time, and as friends we have our ups and downs.

"Today we spoke and we're cool, still friends #noproblem".

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/114207

ManFromMilan
31st May 2014, 02:28
It is so sorry when your team have to instruct you how to be civil and show true sportsmanship after you conduct yourself like a right old runt( yes runt, like the weakest of the litter, but it does rime with something else i think he is) with no reason.

Just a shame that your true colors where shown the previous weekend, just like you did before(think 2007). And although many would forget to acknowledge what they have seen, you will show the world again how unworthy you are as a true F1 great.

mirafiori
31st May 2014, 06:31
It is so sorry when your team have to instruct you how to be civil and show true sportsmanship after you conduct yourself like a right old runt( yes runt, like the weakest of the litter, but it does rime with something else i think he is) with no reason.

Just a shame that your true colors where shown the previous weekend, just like you did before(think 2007). And although many would forget to acknowledge what they have seen, you will show the world again how unworthy you are as a true F1 great.

I could not of said it any better.:thumb

ntukza
31st May 2014, 06:43
Long may their squabble continue. My two favourite drivers right now are Alonso and Rosberg. I strongly hope Rosberg beats Hamilton, but I do believe Hamilton is genuinely faster than Rosberg. I hope to be proven wrong.