PDA

View Full Version : Alonso urges teammate Raikkonen to 'improve'

vcs316
21st July 2014, 16:48
Fernando Alonso has urged teammate Kimi Raikkonen to "improve". Spaniard Alonso has utterly dominated his fellow former champion at Ferrari since the Finn returned to the Maranello team for 2014.

He argues Raikkonen's struggles are now hurting Ferrari, who at Hockenheim fell behind Williams in the fight for third place in the constructors' standings. "In the constructors' championship we have lost a bit of ground to Williams," Alonso confirmed to the Spanish sports daily Marca after the German grand prix. "We have only been able to count on one car again and we have to improve on that." (GMM)

SilverSpeed
21st July 2014, 17:33
Where my picture from LOTR with: One does not simply ask Kimi to improve. :-D.

Senna4Ever
21st July 2014, 17:46
I don't know the full report but does Alonso really refer directly on Kimi in urging to improve or does it been made and interpreted by the media. As in this text he only says that ""We have only been able to count on one car again and we have to improve on that."" Which can be due to many reasons ... But hey: the old lady knows better ...

Kingdom Hearts
21st July 2014, 18:17
he never said Kimi's name, I saw the interview with my own eyes on TV

Stormy
21st July 2014, 18:19
he never said Kimi's name, I saw the interview with my own eyes on TV
Maybe not but still, he says "We have only been able to count on one car again and we have to improve on that.", so yeah, he is meaning about Kimi slacking and we are down to count on one car again.

Katu
21st July 2014, 20:27
and isn't he right or...?

Kingdom Hearts
22nd July 2014, 03:56
Maybe not but still, he says "We have only been able to count on one car again and we have to improve on that.", so yeah, he is meaning about Kimi slacking and we are down to count on one car again.

this is what he said:

"We have scored only with one car again and we will try to improve in the next one."

he is talking about the performance as a team, him included.

sweeper1101
22nd July 2014, 04:27
So the lesson is...
quit putting words into his mouth.

NOTE:
"A good translator is the best traitor"

FFFerrari
22nd July 2014, 05:28
Once again the journos are putting words into mouths. He just commented that the whole TEAM needs to pull in more points to keep us alive in WCC race. Obviously it's true that the car #7 hasn't really pulled its weight so far, but he didn't name anyone.

Brembo
22nd July 2014, 06:12
I agree, Kimi has to redesign his car in a hurry, areo, chassie , he slacking on the job for sure. He thinks his job is to drive the car. His car is a F1 tragic joke. He for sure is not the tech. mechanic designer Ferrari hired him to be. He just thinks driving.

ARUN M KARUNAN
24th July 2014, 10:23
All these stuffs seams Funny

Brembo
25th July 2014, 02:04
All these stuffs seams Funny

That's why it's a great place to be ! I for one am never serious, or at least not taken serious.:rotfl

Stormy
25th July 2014, 17:33
I agree, Kimi has to redesign his car in a hurry, areo, chassie , he slacking on the job for sure. He thinks his job is to drive the car. His car is a F1 tragic joke. He for sure is not the tech. mechanic designer Ferrari hired him to be. He just thinks driving.
Where are you going with you post?
Kimi maybe have a crap car, but look at Alonso and look at Kimi, they are both driving with same equipment atleast slightly the same equipment, but nevertheless Kimi is slacking big time, and i think he can do a lot better, he is a god damn champion and twice a runner up for god sake.
He can atleast finish in points a bit more offen.

Brembo
26th July 2014, 01:22
Where are you going with you post?
Kimi maybe have a crap car, but look at Alonso and look at Kimi, they are both driving with same equipment atleast slightly the same equipment, but nevertheless Kimi is slacking big time, and i think he can do a lot better, he is a god damn champion and twice a runner up for god sake.
He can atleast finish in points a bit more offen.
I agree with you that Kimi is one of the best in F1. Again I think your right that Alonso's car and Kimi's car are only slightly the same. No 2 cars are ever the same in F1 is understood, in this case these two Ferrari's are miles apart in reliability and actual performance. I will never believe Kimi is comfortable with his results so far with regards to points. I wish the same as you do, more points for Kimi every race. Forgive me for repeating it a million times, It's the car! Not Kimi's efforts that are out of the points.

ARUN M KARUNAN
26th July 2014, 06:28
So scuderia want to give a chance for kimi next year to improve or kimi want to give scuderia a year to improve?

Brembo
26th July 2014, 06:31
So scuderia want to give a chance for kimi next year to improve or kimi want to give scuderia a year to improve?

The second choice sounds right!