PDA

View Full Version : Monza

TonyRizza
22nd July 2014, 13:53
Considering going to monza this year where is the best place to watch it, ive heard general admission is meant to be the best?
any ideas to the total price for staying for the full weekend aswell?

mirafiori
22nd July 2014, 14:25
Considering going to monza this year where is the best place to watch it, ive heard general admission is meant to be the best?
any ideas to the total price for staying for the full weekend aswell?

If you choose a seat, then for me it's got to be first chicane, and yes general admission is very good. If it is your first time I would suggest General admission so you can have a good walk around this historic circuit which is situated in a massive park and of course a visit to the old banking circuit. Prices will of course depend on where you stay, my suggestion is to stay in Bergamo a fantastic city, if you hire a car then it takes 30 minutes, Bergamo also has a train and bus station. Also you could stay on Lake Iseo, which would take nearly One hour to Monza, but you would need a car. :thumb

GrndLkNatv
22nd July 2014, 15:35
If you stay in Lecco you can take the train directly to Monza. A good place to check out ticket prices and packages is book f1 dot com Last year we drove from Lecco to the track, got there at 0730, was the 4th car in the lot, walked over the bridge into the paddock. We left that afternoon around 1800 hrs and drove right out.. Train is the easiest if you don't know your way around the area.

Ste
22nd July 2014, 17:28
http://www.thescuderia.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25439

;)

TonyRizza
22nd July 2014, 17:51
thanks for the info, and nice link Ste! :D
sucks being a student trying to get the funds for this but i think i can make it, first time ill see a race too!

Suzie
22nd July 2014, 19:26
I sat at the first chicane in 2008 and can't recommend it highly enough (although hopefully you would be drier than I was that year).

Ste
23rd July 2014, 10:08
I sat at the first chicane in 2008 and can't recommend it highly enough (although hopefully you would be drier than I was that year).
You were sat on the outside weren't you? I was on the inside grandstand asking some random Italian guy if I could use his spare umbrella. :lol Agree - great spot.

fratelliferrari
23rd July 2014, 10:53

I sat there too in 2012. I really liked the place eventhough I had to pay 310 euros or so for it! But as a Tifoso I think every place on the track will be great!

wisepie
23rd July 2014, 11:46
Went to Monza last year with general admission, worked OK but could really only see the tops of their helmets from central area as they went past, there were better vantage points elsewhere at Lesmo and Parabolica but still not that easy to find a clear view. The atmosphere is electric, though, but sadly the noise won't be the same. Stayed on Lake Como (Menaggio) so had to ferry/train/bus to circuit via Varenna and Lecco, but all worked OK but didn't get there till 0930 and there's a lot of walking through the park, but hey, it's all part of the fun. Bergamo, as stated above, is a lovely little city and worth a visit on its own (Old Town/Citta Alta), and a good base but getting accommodation could be difficult at this stage. Best of luck and buon viaggio.....so jealous!

mirafiori
23rd July 2014, 14:43
thanks for the info, and nice link Ste! :D
sucks being a student trying to get the funds for this but i think i can make it, first time ill see a race too!

Good place to watch the race if you do decide to go for general admission is INSIDE the track at Variante Della Roggia, just to be clear as you look at the track the cars will come from the left.

budaman
23rd July 2014, 17:23
Went last year also....stayed in Varenna & took the train in. Has pretty much hourly trains with a change in Lecco. Decided to take the public bus from Monza Station to the track, as it was closer to my seats across from the pits. Would be very convenient for either the 1st chicane or GA as far as walking distance. Doing it again, I would pick the 1st chicane, based on the view I saw when I went to explore the old banking. I think you'd be able to get to the podium afterwards fairly easy also. Also, I would walk down to one or two of the earlier bus stops from Monza Station....the buses were full by the time they reached the stop outside the station.

Have fun!

Pics from our Italy trip here...we had a fantastic time!

http://www.mmtravelpics.com/Our_World_%26_Welcome_to_It%21/Windows_to_Adventure/Pages/Italy.html

NickEice
23rd July 2014, 17:32
I will be in Sorrento on my honeymoon during this years Italian Grand Prix. I don't think my soon to be wife would like to spend our romantic vacation at a race track so unfortunately I will not attend. But I told her we are sitting at a bar to eat lunch and watch!

fratelliferrari
23rd July 2014, 17:35
I will be in Sorrento on my honeymoon during this years Italian Grand Prix. I don't think my soon to be wife would like to spend our romantic vacation at a race track so unfortunately I will not attend. But I told her we are sitting at a bar to eat lunch and watch!

Italy=Romantic
Italy=Ferrari

:-D

budaman
23rd July 2014, 17:47

That's why we stayed on Lake Como in Varenna. Gave her the option of staying in Monza & shopping or Lake Como & the chance of running into George Clooney....she picked Lake Como. I think I came out way ahead $ wise after seeing the costs of clothing in Milan!

mirafiori
23rd July 2014, 17:58

Very good choice, congratulations.

budaman
23rd July 2014, 18:15
Yes, Congratulations!

But, it is YOUR honeymoon also:-)

Suzie
23rd July 2014, 20:22
You were sat on the outside weren't you? I was on the inside grandstand asking some random Italian guy if I could use his spare umbrella. :lol Agree - great spot.

Yeah! I feared lightning strikes and was soaked to the skin and beyond. It was AWESOME :-D

Suzie
23rd July 2014, 20:23

It's probably not too late to call off the wedding you know.

fratelliferrari
23rd July 2014, 23:24

:clap

abbottcostello
26th July 2014, 07:02
It's all about priorities, Nick. Some really good advise from Suzie, but we know you won't listen (they NEVER do!)

Giallo 550
26th July 2014, 07:46

I think it's time to find a new wife.

TonyRizza
26th July 2014, 19:03
official i am going! general admission ticket booked!!! so excited first F1 race in the home of Ferrari and F1!!! :D

fratelliferrari
26th July 2014, 19:37
official i am going! general admission ticket booked!!! so excited first F1 race in the home of Ferrari and F1!!! :D

Fantastic for you! Enjoy your trip :thumb

mirafiori
26th July 2014, 20:42

Brilliant, if you can 5 laps to the end of the race make your way to the best podium in the world, especially if we manage to get one of our drivers on the podium. Bon Viaggio.

TonyRizza
26th July 2014, 21:08
Any tips for the best place to watch overtakes on general admission?

Dino
26th July 2014, 21:46
A good place is on the inside,braking for Parabolica.The Podium is only 200 metres behind you at that point.

Ste
26th July 2014, 22:30
Any tips for the best place to watch overtakes on general admission?
Best place is most definitely on the entry to Ascari. There are mini grandstands there for General Admin. Be aware though that you'll need to get there super early as hardcore Tifosi camp on the stands overnight!

TonyRizza
2nd August 2014, 20:13
When do the drivers do fan signings? Would love a few signatures on my Ferrari t-shirt!

Ste
2nd August 2014, 23:57
When do the drivers do fan signings? Would love a few signatures on my Ferrari t-shirt!
Go very early Thursday morning to the paddock entrance, on the left just out of the tunnel that goes under the pit straight. There's a car park on the right where all the important people park. Wait around there and you'll see pretty much everyone.

See you there...

Brembo
3rd August 2014, 03:58

:rotfl I hope he knows your joking!!

TonyRizza
3rd August 2014, 07:49
i read there are signings after qually, but i guess thursday would be better?

fratelliferrari
3rd August 2014, 08:25
i read there are signings after qually, but i guess thursday would be better?

Well I haven't been to the sign sessions when I was there in 2012 but I can tell you that you aren't the only Ferrari fan there :-P These sessions are always very busy especially at Ferrari and in Italy so I would suggest Ste's idea too!

TonyRizza
3rd August 2014, 09:53
id be surprised if i was the only ferrari fan haha, but yeah defo gonna go really early on thursday. thanks for the advice again guys <3 :D

Suzie
3rd August 2014, 16:23
:rotfl I hope he knows your joking!!

You think I'm joking...?

Ste
3rd August 2014, 16:27
Well I haven't been to the sign sessions when I was there in 2012 but I can tell you that you aren't the only Ferrari fan there :-P These sessions are always very busy especially at Ferrari and in Italy so I would suggest Ste's idea too!
Done it in 08,09,11 and 12 and have always ended up with photos with drivers and team personnel, autographs etc. It's absolutely the best chance to do it.

TonyRizza
3rd August 2014, 16:33
what time should i be at the track?

NickEice
3rd August 2014, 16:41
Haha the comments are priceless. Thank you for the happy wishes. Truly a great forum we have here. I think just watching in Italy with fellow Italians will make me happy enough. Maybe a few years in the future we'll come back to Italy. That will be the trip to go to Monza :)

wisepie
3rd August 2014, 17:19
Haha the comments are priceless. Thank you for the happy wishes. Truly a great forum we have here. I think just watching in Italy with fellow Italians will make me happy enough. Maybe a few years in the future we'll come back to Italy. That will be the trip to go to Monza :)

Of course there are always compromises involved with honeymoons, Nick, but settle down with something nice and cool and a new wife and just soak it all up. Sorrento is just the place, then you can do the Amalfi drive to appease the new acquisition!! Buona fortuna!:thumb

Ste
3rd August 2014, 18:29
Done it in 08,09,11 and 12 and have always ended up with photos with drivers and team personnel, autographs etc. It's absolutely the best chance to do it.
Around 9am. :)

TonyRizza
3rd August 2014, 18:33
7:30am it is then! haha

Brembo
4th August 2014, 07:09
You think I'm joking...?

You need To know this : Torna A Surriento,

Guarda atturno sti Sacrene, ca te guarda no 'ncanta te e te vonno tantu bene.. Te vulesse vasa ' E tu dice " I par- to , addio" T'al luntane da stu core. Ma nun me lassa', nun dar me sto turmiento! Torna Surriento.. Famme campa' !

Once they go to Surriento, he will think, Formula who ?

wisepie
6th August 2014, 17:33

Guarda atturno sti Sacrene, ca te guarda no 'ncanta te e te vonno tantu bene.. Te vulesse vasa ' E tu dice " I par- to , addio" T'al luntane da stu core. Ma nun me lassa', nun dar me sto turmiento! Torna Surriento.. Famme campa' !

Brembo Napolitano, I love it!

F1NAC
6th August 2014, 20:34
Bad news. Run off area at parabolica is going through facelifting. No gravel anymore :(5919

fratelliferrari
6th August 2014, 21:08
Bad news. Run off area at parabolica is going through facelifting. No gravel anymore :(5919

Ridiculous :furious

Ste
6th August 2014, 21:09
I can't describe how much I want to swear.

I wish they would stop doing this, it's ridiculous. In all honesty, if someone has a brake failure at 200mph+ what is safer? Gravel or a run off area? I'd say gravel every time. And look what happened to Magnussen in Hungary - that'd have just been a nice trip into the gravel and left him beached. Instead, he smashed into a barrier. It's not always safer to have run-off in my opinion.

fratelliferrari
6th August 2014, 21:11

I wish they would stop doing this, it's ridiculous. In all honesty, if someone has a brake failure at 200mph+ what is safer? Gravel or a run off area? I'd say gravel every time. And look what happened to Magnussen in Hungary - that'd have just been a nice trip into the gravel and left him beached. Instead, he smashed into a barrier. It's not always safer to have run-off in my opinion.

Totally agree! Also, making a mistake is becoming less a pain because you always have the certainty of a run off area! Not good :-!

roflcopter44444
7th August 2014, 00:21

Has the exit been changed? Thats where most people seem to run off like in last year's qualifying

F1NAC
7th August 2014, 05:35
Has the exit been changed? Thats where most people seem to run off like in last year's qualifying

Not so much

mirafiori
7th August 2014, 06:31

Vettel will be happy.

Sianellen
7th August 2014, 10:08
Urg! Why have they done that?

Agree with above, I can't see how it is necessarily safer either.

NickEice
11th August 2014, 14:53

Grazie Brembo ma solo padre mio possa parlare Napolitano.

In other news we had a wonderful wedding Saturday. As for my surprise, during the garter dance my bride's garter was Ferrari red with a Ferrari logo pin on it and the song was the dance remix of the italian national anthem. What a wonderful day.

TonyRizza
11th August 2014, 16:32
sounds like the perfect woman! :lol

wisepie
11th August 2014, 17:09
Grazie Brembo ma solo padre mio possa parlare Napolitano.

In other news we had a wonderful wedding Saturday. As for my surprise, during the garter dance my bride's garter was Ferrari red with a Ferrari logo pin on it and the song was the dance remix of the italian national anthem. What a wonderful day.

Che bella giornata, indeed, Nick, and wishing you many happy years insieme, hope the garter remained in situ afterwards and wasn't tossed aside too readily!! Felicitazioni.:thumb

mirafiori
11th August 2014, 21:09
Just booked Monza tickets X2 General admission, I will probably watch most of the race from Variante della Roggia, inside track. Hope the recent news of more power is true, would be fantastic to see a Ferrari driver on the podium.

Kiwi Nick
11th August 2014, 23:13
Here is a hint on how to view the race from the inside of the track at Monza. Don't stay in one spot. Walk the course against the flow of the race.. By the time you have finished, you will have seen the race + one lap.

NickEice
11th August 2014, 23:46
Che bella giornata, indeed, Nick, and wishing you many happy years insieme, hope the garter remained in situ afterwards and wasn't tossed aside too readily!! Felicitazioni.:thumb

Grazie Mille!!

Garter was retained ;)

wisepie
12th August 2014, 17:30
Grazie Mille!!

Garter was retained ;)

Prego e meno male!! Buon divertimento in Surriento, sono molto geloso, a year ago I was planning my Monza trip, seeing Felipe coming past in 2nd place on Lap 1 was a thrill (sadly it didn't last), did general admission and spent time just moving around but still difficult to follow the race in central area even with TV screens dotted about. But the atmosphere and the podium afterwards made up for missing some of the action!!