PDA

View Full Version : Alonso wants $50m per year for new Ferrari deal – reports

vcs316
6th August 2014, 05:50
Aug.6 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Multiple authoritative media sources claim Fernando Alonso wants almost $50 million a year to sign a new contract with Ferrari.

Amid his obvious frustration at lacking a third title after five years in red, and rumours he might be looking to leave the fabled team, Italian magazine Autosprint reports in its latest edition that the Spaniard is playing hardball in his negotiations for a new deal beyond 2016.

Ferrari wants a new three-year contract with Alonso, extending his current tenure to 2019, when the double world champion will be 38, the sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport also reported.

And Autosprint said it is “not just rumours” that the driver, arguably the best overall in formula one at present, wants a whopping EUR 35 million per season.

That equates to almost $50 million per year, or $140 million over the life of the new deal.

It is reportedly almost a doubling of Alonso’s current Ferrari retainer, and perhaps beyond even the dizzying heights of Michael Schumacher’s earning power with the same Maranello based team.

Germany’s Bild newspaper is reporting the same news, claiming Alonso’s new fee would be “one of the largest contracts in sports history”.

http://www.inautonews.com/alonso-wants-50m-per-year-for-new-ferrari-deal-reports#.U-HBHfmSzSs

F1NAC
6th August 2014, 06:54
Well deserved

mirafiori
6th August 2014, 07:02
Ferrari have no option but to pay Alonso, he is the number one driver on the grid and even if it is a crazy amount of money, I'm sure Ferrari will have no problem in paying this amount. The Fiat empire is doing very well, anyway sponsorship money will probably pay his wages, I hope this story is true for all of us Ferrari fans.

stefa
6th August 2014, 07:21
Worth every cent and more

bondilad
6th August 2014, 07:30
He's an asset to any team. I would rather pay him than lose him to one of our competitors:-D

Kingdom Hearts
6th August 2014, 08:12
First the say $45 and now $50, the press is full of crap. I have no doubts that Fernando will ask for more money if he extend his contract but I don't believe anything they write.

ARUN M KARUNAN
6th August 2014, 08:14
pay it to alo if scuderia can't make winning car that can't win by ok class profile driver

vecchiasignora
6th August 2014, 09:37
yep lets throw our next 5 years to mediocrity.

I dont understand why I got a one week ban, where is greig and his democracy?

mirafiori
6th August 2014, 09:45

OK what would you do, come on if Alonso is only average, you tell us members who you would choose to drive for Ferrari.

fratelliferrari
6th August 2014, 09:59

Fernando mediocrity :Hmm

So Maldonado is topclass then :lol

ManFromMilan
6th August 2014, 10:03
He is worth every cent. :thumb

Lesky
6th August 2014, 10:05
Considering Alonso is a poor man, is it really enough to double his salary, why not triple it?

Ed Harley
6th August 2014, 10:18
IMHO such amount of money is needed elsewhere in the team restructuring process.

sav_pap
6th August 2014, 10:25
Make it 100. I would ask this amount for riding a GP2 car.😄

Lesky
6th August 2014, 10:42
Aldo Costa about Alonso:

“I do not believe Alonso was out to get me,” he insisted. “In the car, I consider him to be a great. Out of the car, I was never able to understand him — to me he is an inscrutable, enigmatic character."

Ste
6th August 2014, 11:04
I'm massively surprised he's not on more than €17.5m already to be honest. Would've expected 25m+. Ferrari can afford to pay him this and if it's true, it's probably just a way of saying he's frustrated and he wants results - not as though he needs a few extra million in the bank.

Ferrari will pay this if it means keeping him under contract, without doubt.

bondilad
6th August 2014, 11:26
If he's asking for 50M to stay at Ferrari, he must have received some serious offers from rival teams. Apart from mclaren and Merc who else could afford him. I'd say pay the man and keep him as long as we can.

FFFerrari
6th August 2014, 11:40
If the rumors are true, Santander is already paying his salary and it's in the ballbark of 25M$ per year + something extra for a possible championship. Are they willing to pay more, can't say that they use Fernando much for marketing outside Spain? Personally haven't seen him in many adverts lately. 2019, Fernando will be 38. Not terribly old, but I would say at that age your reflexes start to slow down and it's close to the maximum of a age that I feel comfortable for an F1 driver. If Ferrari choose to extend the contract for 2017-2019, then they are taking a huge bet that Fernando will stay at top of his form until then. And paying ANY driver 50M$ is absolute lunacy in these days of economic crisis.

diesel08
6th August 2014, 12:15
Aldo Costa about Alonso:

In this sport matter drive abilities and performances. If Raikkonen have 15 mil with such perfomance than Alonso worth 35 mil.

Stormy
6th August 2014, 13:35
Well if Schumi earned 50m per year, then i guess its fine if Alonso who is a driver of the same caliber deserves it.

Kiwi Nick
6th August 2014, 13:52
So much for Alonso's loyalty to Ferrari. He uses the teams poor performance and a clause in his contract to stick it to the Scuderia. He seems to be all about the money. Four years of his feedback and car development skills have not produced a championship for the "best" driver in F1 and the sports most successful team. Maybe it is time to take Alonso's salary and hire better engineers and let a young driver grow with the team.

Rishu
6th August 2014, 13:53
Well if Schumi earned 50m per year, then i guess its fine if Alonso who is a driver of the same caliber deserves it.

Off topic but your statement reminds me of 2006, one of the best seasons I've seen. Two masters battling it out.

Shame MS retired after that season, 2007 would have been epic.

hogo
6th August 2014, 13:55
Summer break, nothing is happening so media is desperate to make up news, and this is one of those attempts.

Ste
6th August 2014, 14:21
Shame MS retired after that season, 2007 would have been epic.
Indeed. Raikkonen wouldn't be World Champion. Neither would Hamilton... ;)

RedRebel40
6th August 2014, 14:43
Too much money.

Hornet
6th August 2014, 14:43
So much for Alonso's loyalty to Ferrari. He uses the teams poor performance and a clause in his contract to stick it to the Scuderia. He seems to be all about the money. Four years of his feedback and car development skills have not produced a championship for the "best" driver in F1 and the sports most successful team. Maybe it is time to take Alonso's salary and hire better engineers and let a young driver grow with the team.

Right, because previous champions like Schumi have never asked for higher pay while driving at Ferrari.

Like you even know how the development process goes and what role a driver play

Silent Bob
6th August 2014, 15:00
Better off using it to build a better car. No one in sport is worth that much money. As Mercedes has proven, build a better car and they will win. With limited testing, driver's do less now than they used too. Wages should be going down.

Senna4Ever
6th August 2014, 15:10
As much as I appreciate his work and his effort he puts into the car on sundays ...
no men (or women) should earn that much money for driving a car ...

and could this money ease the pain not winning?

Could you please tell us where we can find the rock which you run against?
It would be funny to go there and celebrate the nature and it wonders ...

Kiwi Nick
6th August 2014, 15:23
Right, because previous champions like Schumi have never asked for higher pay while driving at Ferrari.

Like you even know how the development process goes and what role a driver play

Surely you are not so naïve that you are comparing MS to Alonso either as a driver or car developer.

eddie
6th August 2014, 15:33
Pay him Ferrari.... just sell more cars... :lol

Else, we will be lesser than mid field with the car.....

Hornet
6th August 2014, 15:37
Surely you are not so naïve that you are comparing MS to Alonso either as a driver or car developer.

I wasn't the one who said it was the driver's responsibility to develop the car.

And both Schumi and Alonso are the greatest of their generation, they are very much comparable

Make no mistake, every single driver out there will always try and get the highest pay they can. If someone is willing to pay Alonso as much as what Schumi was making, then that's their value.

eddie
6th August 2014, 15:40
Better off using it to build a better car. No one in sport is worth that much money. As Mercedes has proven, build a better car and they will win. With limited testing, driver's do less now than they used too. Wages should be going down.

Wrong, unless you know how much Merc is paying Lewis via PETRONAS dollars... ;)

Hornet
6th August 2014, 15:59
I'm not sure why people assume that money is Ferrari's problem. If Ferrari can throw more money and magically make a better car, they would have done it a long time ago.

The problem Ferrari is facing is that they cannot do that today. Gone are the days of spending money for unlimited testing. There are restriction in place meant to limit the amount of money spent, and it's not about how much you spend, it's about how effective you are at utilizing what's allowed.

Ferrari have the spending ability, they just can't use it in a way that more money means better success.

eddie
6th August 2014, 16:04
I'm not sure why people assume that money is Ferrari's problem. If Ferrari can throw more money and magically make a better car, they would have done it a long time ago.

The problem Ferrari is facing is that they cannot do that today. Gone are the days of spending money for unlimited testing. There are restriction in place meant to limit the amount of money spent, and it's not about how much you spend, it's about how effective you are at utilizing what's allowed.

Ferrari have the spending ability, they just can't use it in a way that more money means better success.

Agree with you bro. Best use the millions to get the best drivers and get the best possible results. Worth every point in the WCC challenge

Alonsomaniac
6th August 2014, 16:11
It's a lot of money - if it's true. As far as I have heard, McLaren has offered him money. I don't know how much, but it must be a lot. However, Alonso wants to stay with Ferrari, just like he always said.
You cannot expect a driver to stay if you pay him far less than others are prepared to do.
So he wants to stay, but then Ferrari has to pay him about the same McLaren offered him.
Understandable from Alonso's view, but still.....a lot of money.
Is he worth it? No, nobody is worth that kind of money. But it seems these are the amounts F1 teams are prepared to pay.

Then the question some raise here: Is he as good as Schumacher? Yes he is, but this is a different era. The influence of a driver in the development area is much smaller than it was in Schumi's days. So there Alonso and any other driver can do much less. But as a driver, adapting to a car, reading a race, deciding what tactics to use, Alonso is the master of today, just like Schumacher was the master of his days.

Alonso wants to stay with Ferrari till his retirement, he has made that clear more than once. Even after years of driving a car that is not as good as a Ferrari should be. Now it is up to Ferrari if they want to reward him for his loyalty - because others are willing to pay him a lot more than he has now, even though in my view no driver is worth that much.

Silent Bob
6th August 2014, 16:21
Wrong, unless you know how much Merc is paying Lewis via PETRONAS dollars... ;)

Where am I wrong? When I said that a good driver can win in a winning car? If Ferrari build a Mercedes beater... will Kimi beat rosberg or Lewis? If Massa was driving a Mercedes would he be winning races? Mercedes has proven that you don't need the best driver if you have the best car. Or am I still wrong?

Silent Bob
6th August 2014, 16:25

Every team is calling for ways to cut costs, yet Ferrari are going to double Alonso's pay? Unless some other team has offered him a similar offer, why go to such extremes? Wouldn't it be enough to give him just a bit more?

NickEice
6th August 2014, 16:31
Every team is calling for ways to cut costs, yet Ferrari are going to double Alonso's pay? Unless some other team has offered him a similar offer, why go to such extremes? Wouldn't it be enough to give him just a bit more?

The extra $20M is a drop in Ferrari's bucket. And as far as spending money on performance, paying Alonso is probably the cheapest way to add 0.5 secs to oru car.

Ed Harley
6th August 2014, 16:43
The extra $20M is a drop in Ferrari's bucket. And as far as spending money on performance, paying Alonso is probably the cheapest way to add 0.5 secs to oru car.
I'm sorry to disagree but IMHO cheapest way to increase Ferrari's performance is to utilize all the existing resources that already are being paid and produce a better and faster car.

TonyRizza
6th August 2014, 16:55
only place alonso can really go is mclaren, and i dont want to see him there, honda COULD be a surprise and i dont want to see the best driver with the best car unless hes in red. The Ferrari budget is big im sure they could ***** some more loose change at him ;-)

Hornet
6th August 2014, 16:55

Ferrari isn't one of the teams complaining about the lack of cost limit. Instead, Ferrari had always wanted more testing, and this shows that Ferrari can afford to spend more but are currently restricted. Money is not a problem here.

And top teams like Ferrari are willing to pay large sum for the best talent, and Alonso currently is the best driver. Remember the rumor about Ferrari making big offers to get Newey? Hell Red Bull instead made a bigger offer, an entire research center, just to prevent Newey from going to rival teams. Newey is retiring and Red Bull is throwing money at him just to keep him away from the rivals. Who knows what Ross Brawn's price is if he is indeed looking to return.

An extra 20 million is nothing when compare to what big teams are doing in terms of getting the best talent.

Silent Bob
6th August 2014, 16:57

But do they have to spend that much? Which other team is going to offer Alonso that much money? McLaren? Maybe but what have they done lately? Mercedes have no need to spend that much on a single driver, they have a good car. I'd rather see as many resources as possible going to produce the best car than just one driver. I hope Alonso stays, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they need to go overboard with his salary.

NickEice
6th August 2014, 17:01
I'm sorry to disagree but IMHO cheapest way to increase Ferrari's performance is to utilize all the existing resources that already are being paid and produce a better and faster car.

Carbon fiber and the assets to make that carbon fiber and test it aerodynamically in a wind tunnel is quite expensive. I wonder what the cost is of making a new front wing endflap to add 0.006 seconds of perfromance?

NickEice
6th August 2014, 17:04
But do they have to spend that much? Which other team is going to offer Alonso that much money? McLaren? Maybe but what have they done lately? Mercedes have no need to spend that much on a single driver, they have a good car. I'd rather see as many resources as possible going to produce the best car than just one driver. I hope Alonso stays, don't get me wrong, but I don't think they need to go overboard with his salary.

It is not an unprecendented salary. It is less that Kimi's ans Shumi's contracts that are about 10 years old. Even without taking inflation into consideration.

What does anyone here care what the cost of securing Alonso is? Do we think Ferrari won't be able to spend cash because of Alonso getting a raise? I am sorry, but at leat in American sports, when a team does not spend the money to go after the best talents we usually rip the team and their decision makers. I applaud Ferrari for getting the best driver on the grid to sign long term.

Ed Harley
6th August 2014, 17:06
Carbon fiber and the assets to make that carbon fiber and test it aerodynamically in a wind tunnel is quite expensive. I wonder what the cost is of making a new front wing endflap to add 0.006 seconds of perfromance?
Perhaps that is what the 'complete overhaul needed' is about ie. reasonable priorities and right direction.

Hornet
6th August 2014, 17:16

Ferrari pays tons of cash to Schumi and Kimi as well, and I don't recall anyone complaining really.

It's not going to affect how much Ferrari can spend on development, Ferrari will be spending exactly the same whether or not they pay Alonso. So I'm not sure why it's such a big issue.

Rob
6th August 2014, 19:15
End of day, Fernando is worth every dollar. This wage isnt out of reach for us. Car sales up, quarterly/yearly profits keep going up and up. Remember, we were willing to break the bank for Newey.

Alonsomaniac
6th August 2014, 20:26
First of all we don't know for sure what they are going to pay him, but even is it is that much, it will give Ferrari exactly what they want: having the best driver of his era for the rest of his career PLUS the fact that no other team will ever get him.
The car is Ferrari's worry, so it will be nice for them if they can say from now on it's their ONLY worry......

And if I may add something more......get Hamilton in Kimi's place! Maybe he is not the best if you look at stability, but he is such a great natural talented driver.......

hrc5555
6th August 2014, 20:47
In Alonso's place, I would not ask for more money but for more than 3 year contract!

Giallo 550
7th August 2014, 01:32
Somebody from Ferrari pay the man already! Seriously, this salary is probably the cost of the very realistic possibility of him not winning a championship at Ferrari during that time. Now we know he values a championship at 25 million dollars. :lol

TonyRizza
7th August 2014, 07:18
Fernandos recent tweet says these reports are false,
Tweet: A thing thats not true, even if is copied a thousand times, will remain false ;)) always helpful to remember this.

Lesky
7th August 2014, 15:00
Fernandos recent tweet says these reports are false,
Tweet: A thing thats not true, even if is copied a thousand times, will remain false ;)) always helpful to remember this.

Alonso just wants too look good towards the tifosi, he does not want to be known as greedy in the public eye.

bondilad
7th August 2014, 15:20
Assuming ferrari agrees to his demands..... By 2019 he'll be 38 and certainly won't get any quicker. I'm pretty sure ferrari will include a performance clause in there, just in case.

Kingdom Hearts
7th August 2014, 15:47
Alonso just wants too look good towards the tifosi, he does not want to be known as greedy in the public eye.

He wants world domination and kill cats too.

Lesky
7th August 2014, 15:54
If Ferrari cant give Alonso titles, I am sure he wants to be the best paid driver on the grid as compensation for his troubles. McLaren will offer him the world and Ferrari has to match it somehow.

AfterLife
7th August 2014, 16:27
Assuming ferrari agrees to his demands..... By 2019 he'll be 38 and certainly won't get any quicker. I'm pretty sure ferrari will include a performance clause in there, just in case.

Alonso will add performance clause for Ferrari as well.
*If the car as usual was dog Ferrari will pay me double amount of money *100m $*

eddie
7th August 2014, 18:02
Where am I wrong? When I said that a good driver can win in a winning car? If Ferrari build a Mercedes beater... will Kimi beat rosberg or Lewis? If Massa was driving a Mercedes would he be winning races? Mercedes has proven that you don't need the best driver if you have the best car. Or am I still wrong?

True but who says Hamilton is cheap... Trust me, he isn't ;-)

Greig
7th August 2014, 18:08

LOL and MS drove for free.

Kiwi Nick
7th August 2014, 18:12
LOL and MS drove for free.

MS delivered, FA hasn't. Even KR delivered.

Greig
7th August 2014, 18:16

Or Ferrari delivered......unless you are suggesting we only won because of MS and KR and only losing because of Alonso?

AfterLife
7th August 2014, 18:33

Go ask Kimi to deliver it again in 2014, we are still half way through 2014 season, there are still plenty of time.

Alonsomaniac
7th August 2014, 20:40

Sooo.......you say he is lying.....hm...btw, do we know where this story about the money came from?

Alonsomaniac
7th August 2014, 20:43
Go ask Kimi to deliver it again in 2014, we are still half way through 2014 season, there are still plenty of time.

:bow.......guess somebody ate too much kiwi's......must be alcohol or something other intoxicating stuff in kiwi's?:lol

TonyRizza
7th August 2014, 21:41

stupidity is a disease that cannot be cured

Giallo 550
7th August 2014, 23:43

A Championship for Ferrari? No. A performance that was vastly superior to whatever any other driver would conjure. Yes.

How has Kimi's delivery service been this season?

scuderia_nano
8th August 2014, 03:36
On topic

Its fashionable for Ferrari to pay their driver the biggest salary on the grid. So this is a given. It will happen.

On Topic

Funnily our no.2 driver can't quote even half of this. Such awful performances. Such an insanely bug gap tl Fernando

IulianFerrari
9th August 2014, 15:46

Greig and democracy :D

Greig
9th August 2014, 18:06
Shame it was not me who banned them then.....but hey don't let that bother you :-)

Stormy
9th August 2014, 18:48
Sooo.......you say he is lying.....hm...btw, do we know where this story about the money came from?
Some media i cant recall now, its only rumors till its offical.
But i think Alonso will get a raise whatsoever, we just dont know how much, but i think he deserves a salary as big as Schumi, he is of the same caliber.
In my opinion, even if Ferrari decide to pay him 200million dollars per year who are we to complain, is their business right?

Kristof_F40
10th August 2014, 07:37
In the end it doesn't really matter how much he wants, we just need to find a way to pay him. Think about it, if Fernando would leave he would go to a top team, not like 2008 where he wanted to leave McLaren so hard that he choose a "lesser" Renault since there where no there places. He's not going to do that again. If Fernando would leave to a top team, we would loose a lot of performance and the team in question will gain time, so that's a big performance gap. Last years have prooved us, we can invest as much money in updates as we can, it's better to invest in Fernando.

Liscia
10th August 2014, 15:53
I wholeheartedly agree with Silent Bob on this: make Ricciardo an offer
he can't refuse as well and Ferrari will still probably be spending less than
the $50M? No disrespect to San Fernando AT ALL - just being pragmatic
after considering the odds.

Jesy_par
11th August 2014, 09:07
Considering Alonso is a poor man, is it really enough to double his salary, why not triple it?

Hornet
11th August 2014, 09:59

I guess Schumi was very poor too considering that he earned more than that at the height of his career? :-D

Premium drivers come at premium price, I don't understand why everyone is freaking out now.

FFFerrari
11th August 2014, 10:14
The world was very different back then (mostly financially) and you have to remember that Schumi made most of his fortune from personal sponsorship deals. Obviously he also had hefty base salary, but even back then I thought that no driver is worth $50M per season and I still think so. The rumor is that even Rubens got paid something north of $10M per season (+ bonuses) for being a loyal number two.

I'm ok paying $50M for Fernandos services as long as it comes out of Santanders pocket.

Kingdom Hearts
11th August 2014, 10:36

Fernando has one big handicap, he lives in Spain and the Spanish government take a huge chunk of his salary, other drivers live in Monaco and places like that to avoid this. At the end of the day is Fernando's choice but he pockets way less money than you think.

Lesky
11th August 2014, 14:14
Its a shame Alonso has to pay tax, who came up with that stupid idea in the first place? :Hmm

Rob
11th August 2014, 17:07
Fernando has one big handicap, he lives in Spain and the Spanish government take a huge chunk of his salary, other drivers live in Monaco and places like that to avoid this. At the end of the day is Fernando's choice but he pockets way less money than you think.

He moved back to Spain couple years ago.

Stormy
11th August 2014, 17:25
True that, i guess he moved back to Spain because he is now filthy rich and dont mind paying huge amount of tax.
Anyone know how much is the tax for millionaires in Spain?

Alonsomaniac
11th August 2014, 17:58
Its a shame Alonso has to pay tax, who came up with that stupid idea in the first place? :Hmm

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:bow

Rishu
11th August 2014, 23:49

Helping his country's financial problems by paying taxes is stupid? well done

Mister eX
12th August 2014, 05:49
Helping his country's financial problems by paying taxes is stupid? well done

I think he was being sarcastic. :)

Lesky
12th August 2014, 06:21
I think he was being sarcastic. :)

Of course indeed :-)

I do respect Alonsos decision to live in Spain, I wish many other athletes would do the same, paying tax to the society you grew up in is not terrible bad.

Kingdom Hearts
12th August 2014, 08:30

That's what I said, what is the point of your reply?. :tongue

DIEK
12th August 2014, 11:52
1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari €22m (20m)
= Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari €22m (3m)
=Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing €22m (12m)
4. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes €20m (20m)
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €16m (15m)
6. Nico Rosberg Mercedes €12m (11m)
7. Felipe Massa Williams €4m (6m)
= Nico Hulkenberg Force India F1 €4m (1m)
9. Romain Grosjean Lotus F1 Team €3m (1m)
= Pastor Maldonado Lotus F1 Team €3m (1m)
= Sergio Perez Force India F1 €3m (1.5m)
12. Adrian Sutil Sauber €2m (500k)
13. Kevin Magnuseen McLaren-Mercedes €1m (NA)
= Valtteri Bottas Williams €1m (500k)
15. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing €750,000 (400k)
= Jean-Eric Vergne Scuderia Toro Rosso €750,000 (400k)
17. Jules Bianchi Marussia €500,000 (500k)
18. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber €400,000 (200k)
19. Daniil Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso €250,000 (NA)
20. Max Chilton Marussia €200,000 (100k)
21. Marcus Ericsson Caterham F1 €150,000 (NA)
= Kamui Kobayshi Caterham F1 €150,000 (NA)

Kingdom Hearts
12th August 2014, 13:18
Kimi getting the same money as Fernando?, Ferrari must be stupid but hats off to Kimi's manager. People crying because supposedly Fernando wants more money and Kimi driving like a gradma is getting the 22m, hilarious.

tifosi1993
12th August 2014, 13:38
= Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari €22m

Really? If its true then Ferrari simply wasting their money.

Alonso is walking all over Raikkonen in the same car, but it is only because (according to some Raikko fans) F14-t's front end & current pirelli tyres do not suit Raikkonen's driving style.

Well If you can't do stuff another guy can, you're worse at whatever it is. Simples.

Ferrari should hire someone younger (& cheaper) for next year.

Lesky
12th August 2014, 15:59
Really? If its true then Ferrari simply wasting their money.

Alonso is walking all over Raikkonen in the same car, but it is only because (according to some Raikko fans) F14-t's front end & current pirelli tyres do not suit Raikkonen's driving style.

Well If you can't do stuff another guy can, you're worse at whatever it is. Simples.

Ferrari should hire someone younger (& cheaper) for next year.

Are you suggesting Ferrari buying out Kimi in advance AGAIN?

Katu
12th August 2014, 16:17
Max Chilton[/B] Marussia €200,000 (100k)

Chilton is being paid?

Greig
12th August 2014, 16:41
Chilton is being paid?

Why would he not be paid?

Tony
12th August 2014, 16:45
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €16m (15m)
6. Nico Rosberg Mercedes €12m (11m)
7. Felipe Massa Williams €4m (6m)
= Nico Hulkenberg Force India F1 €4m (1m)
9. Romain Grosjean Lotus F1 Team €3m (1m)
= Pastor Maldonado Lotus F1 Team €3m (1m)
= Sergio Perez Force India F1 €3m (1.5m)
12. Adrian Sutil Sauber €2m (500k)
13. Kevin Magnuseen McLaren-Mercedes €1m (NA)
= Valtteri Bottas Williams €1m (500k)
15. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing €750,000 (400k)
= Jean-Eric Vergne Scuderia Toro Rosso €750,000 (400k)
17. Jules Bianchi Marussia €500,000 (500k)
18. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber €400,000 (200k)
19. Daniil Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso €250,000 (NA)
20. Max Chilton Marussia €200,000 (100k)
21. Marcus Ericsson Caterham F1 €150,000 (NA)
= Kamui Kobayshi Caterham F1 €150,000 (NA)

Wow, that's insane... the top 6 drivers make-up 82.5% of the driver salaries!

Ste
12th August 2014, 16:56
I don't believe the list I'm afraid. Not from figures that have been thrown around recently - although I didn't much believe those either.

Raikkonen on the same salary as Alonso? Doubtful. Alonso was supposedly asking (probably not true) for a salary double to 35m which would put him 'only' on 17.5 now, not 22m. Hamilton was said to be on 35m and currently the highest paid driver in F1.

Personally I think journalists just make random figures up - there's no way anyone knows what drivers are being paid apart from the teams themselves. Pay is generally equal to driver level and team, so anyone can make a list from there.

Suzie
12th August 2014, 18:22
That list probably doesn't take into account personal sponsorship deals either, I'd assume.

AfterLife
12th August 2014, 19:26
I believe drivers salary always remains private until driver himself or the team have an announcement and it is unlikely. Those salary news are just rumors imo.

TonyRizza
12th August 2014, 19:37
i believe if the reports are true hamilton is on 35m over his 3 year contract, not per year

abbottcostello
12th August 2014, 20:16

What is the number in parentheses (..) after the first number, which I assume is the salary?

Some team will pay Alonso, would be a shame if that isn't Ferrari & I would be shocked & disappointed if they can't come to terms with him. He is worth it just for the points he secures over what an ordinary good driver would bring home

Silent Bob
12th August 2014, 20:36
Would Ferrari pay Alonso $50m if the Ferrari was as dominant as the Mercedes.

Rishu
12th August 2014, 20:48
Mario Andretti believes Fernando Alonso is "keeping Ferrari alive" this season while team-mate Kimi Raikkonen has "work to do".

Ferrari has made a disappointing start to the new turbo era, with its engine down on power and its car lacking pace compared to its rivals. Despite the issues the team has faced, Alonso is still fourth in the drivers' championship and has scored 115 of Ferrari's 142 points.

Asked about Raikkonen's struggles this year, 1978 world champion and ex-Ferrari driver Andretti said the Finn had been eclipsed by his team-mate.

"Obviously he's moved away from Lotus, where I think it worked quite well for him, and gone back to Ferrari where he thought things would be peachy," Andretti told Formula One's official website. "But the fact that Ferrari struggled to begin with and that he's 'come in from the cold', so to speak, means he's having a tougher time than Fernando for sure. Fernando is one of those brilliant talents who will maximise everything you throw at him. He's keeping Ferrari alive very well. Kimi has a little bit of work to do I think."

Four-time and reigning world champion Sebastian Vettel has also struggled this year, but Andretti believes the Red Bull driver will return to form soon.

"Sebastian would probably admit himself that he's had a tough time adjusting to this big change. He was so tuned in with more downforce and all that. He's missing that considerably and up to now it has shown. But I think it's getting better and I have no doubt that he will totally embrace it because his talent is enormous. But it's probably taken more time than he thought it would.

"He's a champion and that will show eventually, but I'm sure no one is more disappointed than he is at this point. He's totally dedicated - he's one driver that I think is totally focused on his job; he has no other distractions and that's all he cares about. He'll get it done, I'm betting on that for sure. But I'm sure he's frustrated at the moment."

REDARMYSOJA
13th August 2014, 00:02
Would Ferrari pay Alonso $50m if the Ferrari was as dominant as the Mercedes.

I don't know but if Kimi is worth 22 mil then Alonso is certainly worth 50.

Stormy
13th August 2014, 00:59
What is the number in parentheses (..) after the first number, which I assume is the salary?

Some team will pay Alonso, would be a shame if that isn't Ferrari & I would be shocked & disappointed if they can't come to terms with him. He is worth it just for the points he secures over what an ordinary good driver would bring home

Actually Kimi is earning 13million dollars per year, i dont know where you got those 22mil from...

Silent Bob
13th August 2014, 12:31
I don't know but if Kimi is worth 22 mil then Alonso is certainly worth 50.

I really doubt Kimi is making 22mil a year. If Ferrari are paying him that then they have more problems than I originally thought. But the point being, if the car was winning I don't think Ferrari would be in this situation (if it's even true). Alonso would be happy winning races and titles and wouldn't want to leave and wouldn't be asking for extravagant amounts of money. Build a better car and all problems solved.

abbottcostello
13th August 2014, 18:16
Actually Kimi is earning 13million dollars per year, i dont know where you got those 22mil from...

I didn't post the 22mil for Kimi, that is just a part of an original post by DIEK (#84), I only showed it to ask what the numbers in brackets represented. Have no idea of the source for the numbers.

Brembo
17th August 2014, 05:17
I didn't post the 22mil for Kimi, that is just a part of an original post by DIEK (#84), I only showed it to ask what the numbers in brackets represented. Have no idea of the source for the numbers.
When he was with Ferrari and got his paid vacation, I beleve he got $30 million to stay out F1 for a year or two. So who knows? $22 doesn't sound that rediculous considering his past pay. And that was to stay home.

shamim179
17th August 2014, 22:34
Numbers in parenthesis denotes current base salary I reckon. All speculative what drivers will get next year but some people get paid to speculate and are pretty good at it.