PDA

View Full Version : Japanese GP 2014 Friday and Saturday free practice

Bertie
3rd October 2014, 00:57
I hope i'm not the only one still awake. Hope our boys do well!

Forza Ferrari!!!! :ferrarifl

Fer138
3rd October 2014, 01:00
Guess some of us are still trying to recover from the "news". Anyway, hope for a good session for our boys!

FerrariF60
3rd October 2014, 01:03
I hope i'm not the only one still awake. Hope our boys do well!

Forza Ferrari!!!! :ferrarifl

i'm only awake because it's 9PM here in canada....LOL
let's hope for a good one for our boys

Bertie
3rd October 2014, 01:03
I know what you mean. It’s not been a good season for us and this could be the cherry on top of the icing of a very unpleasant cake.

Bertie
3rd October 2014, 01:13
i'm only awake because it's 9PM here in canada....LOL
let's hope for a good one for our boys

Well its good to have company!! It is 2am for me. Think I will be getting to work a little late tomorrow :-)

Majki2111
3rd October 2014, 01:16
3AM here in Croatia.

Bertie
3rd October 2014, 01:17
you win. Unless there is a higher bid :thumb

Majki2111
3rd October 2014, 01:28
Is Mercedes already showing true strenght?

Bertie
3rd October 2014, 01:33
I doubt it. They will be 2 sec/lap faster than the next constructor when they sow their hand :-s It's Bottas' pace thats a concern for me they usually hide their pace in practice and they have a big update package.

Majki2111
3rd October 2014, 01:36
Doubt it is 2 sec gap.

Bertie
3rd October 2014, 01:47
I may be overestimating the gap but for sure our fight ain't with them. I like to think we are in the mix for a podium though.

Fer12
3rd October 2014, 01:57
Links Please

Thank you

Bertie
3rd October 2014, 02:01
I watch this when bbc are not showing the races. Good quality but a bit delayed.

squirrelstreams

ImportPer4mance
3rd October 2014, 02:12
http://cricfree.sx/sky-sports-f1-live-stream.php

- Fernando has problems with rear brakes
- 130R looks flat out (it was onboard Bottas' Williams)

Majki2111
3rd October 2014, 02:36
Nothing to read from long runs. Very diffrent fuel levels. Prette even battle in Merc with Rosberg having the edge IMO. A lot of drivers complaining about loosing the grip very early in the stint and harder tire starting to go off alreaqdy at 10th lap in Rosberg's case.

Fer138
3rd October 2014, 02:42
Well, Fernando in his usual P3 in Practice 1. Guess it's not bad :-D

ImportPer4mance
3rd October 2014, 02:55
I wouldn't read too much into it. Everyone runs different programs etc. Ferrari usually run lighter on fridays too. Hopefully they can stay on the pace like they did in Singapore though.

FerrariF60
3rd October 2014, 02:58
Well, Fernando in his usual P3 in Practice 1. Guess it's not bad :-D

yeah, it's good to see him up there, but something tells me he just did that time with VERY little fuel....i also expect the Merc's to be much faster then what they've showed as well as Williams with their supposedly BIG package that they brought for Suzuka

it's only FREE practice, and as usual i'm not getting my hopes up....i've learned that the hard way for the past few seasons...it means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING....the only thing that really counts is QUALY on saturday, and the RACE on sunday

amen and Forza Ferrari

Fer138
3rd October 2014, 03:01
I wouldn't read too much into it. Everyone runs different programs etc. Ferrari usually run lighter on fridays too. Hopefully they can stay on the pace like they did in Singapore though.

You're right. Just that it has happened quite a few times and each time it brings up the hope only to be let down later on. So just a little joke (on myself). But still hope this is real, haha.

Samcar222
3rd October 2014, 03:02
How did Verstappen get along? Looks around half a second back from his "senior" teammate.. shows how slow these cars are today. Anyone from GP3/2 Indy Lights etc can hop in and be there or thereabouts. Sad. We need power, downforce and real tires back. "Actual racing tires" as Webber called the WEC Michelins in COTA, not Pirelli show business... *rant over*.

ImportPer4mance
3rd October 2014, 03:04
How did Verstappen get along? Looks around half a second back from his "senior" teammate.. shows how slow these cars are today. Anyone from GP3/2 Indy Lights etc can hop in and be there or thereabouts. Sad. We need power, downforce and real tires back. "Actual racing tires" as Webber called the WEC Michelins in COTA, not Pirelli show business... *rant over*.

Verstappen did pretty good. Kvyat ran the new front wing, whilst Verstappen didnt. But different fuel loads and programs makes it difficult to see the real difference between them, only Torro Rosso will know that. Verstappen's engine blew up like 6 mins before the end of the session though, so his debut finished early.

ImportPer4mance
3rd October 2014, 03:05
You're right. Just that it has happened quite a few times and each time it brings up the hope only to be let down later on. So just a little joke (on myself). But still hope this is real, haha.

I'm with you :thumb, I'm just vary of the Red Bull's and Williams... Mercs are already too far ahead of everyone so i see that being the same.

ImportPer4mance
3rd October 2014, 05:19
lol marshall just slipped and faceplanted whilst trying to push JEV's Torro Rosso. He's alright though

ImportPer4mance
3rd October 2014, 05:22
Ricciardo crashes out of fp2

fratelliferrari
3rd October 2014, 05:58
I read that Fernando will get a 10 place grid penalty for using his 6th electronic engine component :-s

Hornet
3rd October 2014, 06:10
I read that Fernando will get a 10 place grid penalty for using his 6th electronic engine component :-s

That can't be good for our WCC fight with Williams and RB :-??

Senna4Ever
3rd October 2014, 06:35
hmmm just wanted to check our long run times ... but the don't appear on the top 5 so far ... how do we look

fratelliferrari
3rd October 2014, 06:50
That can't be good for our WCC fight with Williams and RB :-??

He will not take a penalty I just read now! Sorry for the confusion but first they were saying he would take a penalty but luckily that isn't true!

ImportPer4mance
3rd October 2014, 07:36
long runs FP1:http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/championship/event_report/documents/2014_15_JPN_F1_P1_Timing_FirstPracticeSessionLapTi mes_V01.pdf
long runs FP2: http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/championship/event_report/documents/2014_15_JPN_F1_P2_Timing_SecondPracticeSessionLapT imes_V01.pdf

Senna4Ever
3rd October 2014, 07:45
long runs FP1:http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/championship/event_report/documents/2014_15_JPN_F1_P1_Timing_FirstPracticeSessionLapTi mes_V01.pdf
long runs FP2: http://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/championship/event_report/documents/2014_15_JPN_F1_P2_Timing_SecondPracticeSessionLapT imes_V01.pdf

Thanks

pfff Merc seems miles away there
but we are close to RB with 0,2 behind ...

Hornet
3rd October 2014, 08:47
He will not take a penalty I just read now! Sorry for the confusion but first they were saying he would take a penalty but luckily that isn't true!

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that. :thumb

Senna4Ever
3rd October 2014, 10:26
any update on the typhoon front?

Nova
3rd October 2014, 12:58
Wow, the hard compounfs really stink.
Pirelli brought the wrong tires.....

to every race for quite awhile now..

Giallo 550
3rd October 2014, 16:02
These Pirelli tires are really great!

Said no one ever.

ManFromMilan
3rd October 2014, 20:59
Wow, the hard compounfs really stink.
Pirelli brought the wrong tires.....

to every race for quite awhile now..

These Pirelli tires are really great!

Said no one ever.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

....it is funny because it is true

Alessandra
4th October 2014, 02:09
I'm in Texas, USA, for the next two races. Can anyone tell me a channel I can watch either/both races on please?

DIEK
4th October 2014, 02:56
Hamilton crash!

Kiwi Nick
4th October 2014, 02:58
Kimi needs a new PU!

Fer138
4th October 2014, 03:20
Welcome to Texas, Alessandra!

The race and qualy will be shown on NBC sports network. But be prepared for lots and lots of commercial breaks!

I usually try to get streaming for the sky feed to smooth over the countless ads.

Alessandra
4th October 2014, 16:10
Welcome to Texas, Alessandra!

The race and qualy will be shown on NBC sports network. But be prepared for lots and lots of commercial breaks!

I usually try to get streaming for the sky feed to smooth over the countless ads.

Thanks very much Fer138.
Spent two days in Houston- very good. Going to Austin eventually, but sadly not for the race. Maybe get a glimpse of the track:-)

Nova
4th October 2014, 16:16
Yea, NBC Sports, the closer u get to the end of the race, the more commercials they show.
2AM tonight, but earlier if they push the race up.

Fer138
5th October 2014, 04:18
Thanks very much Fer138.
Spent two days in Houston- very good. Going to Austin eventually, but sadly not for the race. Maybe get a glimpse of the track:-)
Hope you get to visit the circuit, looks awesome on TV. I will be going to the Austin GP. Never expected it to be likely my last chance to see Fernando in our red car from the track, so so sad. But who knows, maybe he will return in a couple of years. It's the crazy world of F1 after all :-D

Alessandra
5th October 2014, 18:50
Hope you get to visit the circuit, looks awesome on TV. I will be going to the Austin GP. Never expected it to be likely my last chance to see Fernando in our red car from the track, so so sad. But who knows, maybe he will return in a couple of years. It's the crazy world of F1 after all :-D

Well, I hope Fer gives you a podium in Austin at least as a leaving present to you and all us Fer & Ferrari fans. Have a great day, as I ' ve learned to say:-D