PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian Grand Prix Friday & Saturday Free Practice Sessions

fratelliferrari
7th November 2014, 10:51
Forza Ferrari :ferrarifl

fratelliferrari
7th November 2014, 11:06
Button lost power already

Rob
7th November 2014, 11:18
Be last time we have the pits, start/finish line like this. As, i think after this race construction will start on new pit facilities/grandstands along straight between turns 3-4.

fratelliferrari
7th November 2014, 11:23
I really liked the old pit entrance but I understand this is a lot safer!

Rob
7th November 2014, 11:24

no real challenges anymore in F1.

WS6TransAm01
7th November 2014, 11:34
I hope the team has a good weekend. I know we can't expect the moon and the stars but good reliability and maybe some luck would help. I would love to see SF end the year on a positive note.

I just don't know if I can get behind this baby proofing of F1. I understand we don't want tragedies like Jules but this is motor racing. Part of the thrill is the hint of danger. Changing that makes it less exciting I think, and doing so at the expense if classic tracks and track features makes me less inclined to continue paying attention.

The new sterilized F1 hurts my brain. No refueling, penalties for everything, no Imola and now changes here :-( this is starting to suck.

Hornet
7th November 2014, 11:42
The problem with the old pit entry is that it's on the racing line, so you have drivers who are pitting slowing down on the racing line which is dangerous.

I don't think it affects racing at all by moving the pit entry, it's to prevent drivers crashing due to someone slowing for the pits. It's not like we're excited by the possibility of cars running into the back of another down the straight.

Rob
7th November 2014, 11:43
I hope the team has a good weekend. I know we can't expect the moon and the stars but good reliability and maybe some luck would help. I would love to see SF end the year on a positive note.

I just don't know if I can get behind this baby proofing of F1. I understand we don't want tragedies like Jules but this is motor racing. Part of the thrill is the hint of danger. Changing that makes it less exciting I think, and doing so at the expense if classic tracks and track features makes me less inclined to continue paying attention.

The new sterilized F1 hurts my brain. No refueling, penalties for everything, no Imola and now changes here :-( this is starting to suck.

:clap +1000

Hornet
7th November 2014, 11:48
Seems like Marrusia have been shut down :-(

Rob
7th November 2014, 11:55
Seems like Marrusia have been shut down :-(

sad sad news.

fratelliferrari
7th November 2014, 12:04
sad sad news.

:-s

medeni73
7th November 2014, 12:10
CAn someone provide russian link with live timings please? thanx !

fratelliferrari
7th November 2014, 12:31
Kimi not looking good...

stefa
7th November 2014, 12:36
CAn someone provide russian link with live timings please? thanx !

http://f1.tfeed.net/

Ste
7th November 2014, 12:38
Kimi not looking good...
When has he? 2007?

Majki2111
7th November 2014, 12:39
1:09:822 by Rubens in 2004 was the fastest lap ever in Interlagos. Can they reach it this year?

stefa
7th November 2014, 12:39
When has he? 2007?

some races during 2008 :-)

Ste
7th November 2014, 12:44
some races during 2008 :-)
You're right, I forgot about the five races in 2008. Oh and Spa 2009.

fratelliferrari
7th November 2014, 12:47
When has he? 2007?

:lol

FerrariF60
7th November 2014, 12:47
When has he? 2007?

he was looking good and determined in the 2012, but more so in the 2013 lotus when the car was to his liking...he can be FAST, but the car has to be to his liking and then he can push it to the limits...if the car is average....well we all know how he's doing this year in the 2014 MULE...

that goes the same for any driver as of late that drives or has driven for Ferrari (i.e. massa) with the exception of course of Fernando ALonso...who we all know can adapt to any car easily and extract 120% out of of it...but in the end if he's given a MULE, he is not GOD, he can only do so much with the tools at his disposal

KimiBot
7th November 2014, 12:55
current drivers podiums in interlagos

1. Fernando Alonso, 8
2. Kimi Räikkönen, 5
3. Felipe Massa, 4
4. Jenson Button ja Sebastian Vettel, 3
5. Lewis Hamilton, 1

------------------------------

1.12,764 is best time in FP1, we`ll see if track is getting better/faster in next FP, the new coating and many drivers had a problem with grip.

Alonsomaniac
7th November 2014, 13:06
current drivers podiums in interlagos

1. Fernando Alonso, 8
2. Kimi Räikkönen, 5
3. Felipe Massa, 4
4. Jenson Button ja Sebastian Vettel, 3
5. Lewis Hamilton, 1

Well, at least one thing is sure.....after this weekend Fernando will still be on top of that list....:lol

Nova
7th November 2014, 14:34
Anyone know if we r trying new parts today? Not many pix posted.

WS6TransAm01
7th November 2014, 14:43
streaming for FP2?

KimiBot
7th November 2014, 14:48
not the best quality, but it works

http://cricfree.sx/sky-sports-f1-live-stream.php

FerrariF60
7th November 2014, 15:29
so richiardo is into the MIX...ferrari as usual ONE second down

at least Kimi is doing a bit better...oh wait, it's only friday free practice....LOL

stefa
7th November 2014, 15:33

:rotfl

FerrariF60
7th November 2014, 15:44
ricchiardo faster them the MERCS???:-E

that red bull is fast...i can just imagine where they'd be if Renault would have provided tehm with an engine ON PAR on power as the Mercs...

...unless he posted that time on SOFT tires compared to merc's cars on mediums

FerrariF60
7th November 2014, 15:56
so kimi FASTER then Alo...haven't seen that too often this year....looks like ALO still needs to dial in that setup a bit more

Fiondella
7th November 2014, 15:59
Gosh we are in a shocking state, I think the last time we failed to get a car to finish in first place at least once over a season was in 93 when berger and alesi were driving for us. thats 21 years!! :-(:pray

Hornet
7th November 2014, 16:06
Crap, something burned up on Alonso's car. Alonso trying to put the fire out himself

WS6TransAm01
7th November 2014, 16:08
Ferrari BBQ

Samcar222
7th November 2014, 16:09
That was a turbocharger failure. The oil was what was smoking and burning. Piston motor should be ok, unless I'm mistaken. I have a feeling that's not the last turbo issue we'll see this weekend, from up and down the grid.

Fiondella
7th November 2014, 16:10
PI Magnum for another season very depressing.

KimiBot
7th November 2014, 16:13
It`s good that happened in free practice session. Tomorrow Fernando has a new car.

wisepie
7th November 2014, 16:15
Oh dear, just watched FA's Ferrari in a cloud of smoke, maybe a pitlane start could result....Vettel did OK with that last time out and we have nothing to lose, I can't see us reeling Williams in anyway.:-s

Samcar222
7th November 2014, 16:20
Good job FIA, five motors per season, four next year. Good job. I pay to come to watch red flag sessions...

stefa
7th November 2014, 16:24
Good job FIA, five motors per season, four next year. Good job. I pay to come to watch red flag sessions...

I say, with full sarcasm mode ON, FIA why not give them bicycles instead of cars, it would made series hell a lot more safer and greener!

Fiondella
7th November 2014, 16:24

ouch bad luck

Fiondella
7th November 2014, 16:25
I say, with full sarcasm mode ON, FIA why not give them bicycles instead of cars, it would made series hell a lot more safer and greener!

No longer a montezemolo to fight the cause

WS6TransAm01
7th November 2014, 16:34
what is this "Virtual Safety Car" crap?

Nova
7th November 2014, 16:36
Kimi 3rd fastest..I like it :clap
Too bad for Alonso, hope its not completely fried.

Fiondella
7th November 2014, 16:39
With any luck he'll get a pole, win on Sunday and be able to enjoy a well deserved magnum

KimiBot
7th November 2014, 16:39

Heikki Kulta, finnish F1 reporter wrote sometime ago, that Ferrari is driving with low fuel on fridays, and he usually don`t write things that he does not know.

Samcar222
7th November 2014, 16:41
Haha I'm not at the track, but if I were I'd be upset. I feel for those there - sound (lack thereof), red flags (granted, fewer unreliabilities this season than I thought there would be) and missing teams. What a conundrum.
and ps GO KIMI

Hornet
7th November 2014, 16:42
what is this "Virtual Safety Car" crap?

It's a system aimed to slow down the cars under yellow flag where a real safety car is not needed. The drivers are required to ensure their lap times are no faster than a minimum limit set by the stewards. I believe this minimum time is still faster than an actual safety car pace, so it's purpose is to ensure that people do slow down but not to a safety car pace.

Safety car will still be used in situations where the cars are required to go that slow.

FFFerrari
7th November 2014, 16:57
It's a system aimed to slow down the cars under yellow flag where a real safety car is not needed. The drivers are required to ensure their lap times are no faster than a minimum limit set by the stewards. I believe this minimum time is still faster than an actual safety car pace, so it's purpose is to ensure that people do slow down but not to a safety car pace.

I think it would be only used if double yellows are waved. Otherwise you are spot on.

macks
7th November 2014, 17:15

To be honest, I hope it is goosed and he takes a full new engine unit and starts from the pits like Vettel did last weak. He's already stretching the engines trying to get more mileage out of them then they should and with double points next week a nice brand new fresh unit with just 1 race on it could make a huge difference. Plus a fresh unit gives a massive advantage here too with the run up the hill onto the main straight.

stefa
7th November 2014, 18:04
To be honest, I hope it is goosed and he takes a full new engine unit and starts from the pits like Vettel did last weak. He's already stretching the engines trying to get more mileage out of them then they should and with double points next week a nice brand new fresh unit with just 1 race on it could make a huge difference. Plus a fresh unit gives a massive advantage here too with the run up the hill onto the main straight.

Agree, just to add, if there is rain on Sunday, SC will be out for sure at some point, so start from pit lane should not be some huge disadvantage.

Alonsomaniac
7th November 2014, 22:55

It was an old engine, used many times before so we are still within the five engine rule.

fratelliferrari
7th November 2014, 22:59
It was an old engine, used many times before so we are still within the five engine rule.

I just read Fernando was already uncertain if it would survive this day. Sadly it didn't...

Alonso14
7th November 2014, 23:31
Those were some pretty amazing firefighting skills, though:-D

Winter
8th November 2014, 02:11

Yeah, his 2012-2013 didn't look good from Ferraris point of view.

Winter
8th November 2014, 02:21

At least nobody should blame him for not trying enough. He surely found the limits today, once or twice..

ARUN M KARUNAN
8th November 2014, 03:18
Although kimi is third an d alo's car didn't last till end of session.why kimi is 8km/hr slower in speed trap than alo in every session.

Nand0Nand0
8th November 2014, 05:24
Although kimi is third an d alo's car didn't last till end of session.why kimi is 8km/hr slower in speed trap than alo in every session.

Setup preferences

gjoko-mkd
8th November 2014, 09:19
Rosberg's tire after 10 laps:Hmm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B12vHCtIQAEvWF7.jpg

fratelliferrari
8th November 2014, 10:08

:-E

Rishu
8th November 2014, 11:29
Mercedes just can not afford any mechanical failures in next two raves. WDC is on a knife edge & I bet Mercedes is screwing X driver rumours will start if it happens to any of the two

Senna4Ever
8th November 2014, 11:57

that's obviously not good ...
to me it looks like there is a problem with the surface of the track or curbs ...

Alessandra
8th November 2014, 12:01
T........ He's already stretching the engines trying to get more mileage out of them then they should and with double points next week a nice brand new fresh unit with just 1 race on it could make a huge difference. Plus a fresh unit gives a massive advantage here too with the run up the hill onto the main straight.

That's the first time I've ever had reason to think the double points stuff would affect anyone other than the first 2 drivers!!
You're right, there's some point in our drivers fighting to the bitter end after all:thumb

kiwifella
8th November 2014, 12:02

Thats why Alonso's leaving!! Got it, he's starting up his very own bike team!!!!!

KimiBot
8th November 2014, 12:03
Best times so far.
FP1 1.12.764
FP2 1:12.123

Here we go again.

fratelliferrari
8th November 2014, 12:04
A lot of clouds already above the circuit!

Hornet
8th November 2014, 12:25
A lot of clouds already above the circuit!

I don't think we have anything to lose if it rains. Might as well spice things up with a wet qualifying :-D

fratelliferrari
8th November 2014, 12:26
I don't think we have anything to lose if it rains. Might as well spice things up with a wet qualifying :-D

Well it could be I don't know :-)

nani_s23
8th November 2014, 12:42
Alonso : less running due to power unit...!!
Kimi looks perfect this weekend. Hoping for a podium, that would be fantastic.

fratelliferrari
8th November 2014, 12:49
That explains why Fernando is already out of his overall!

Hornet
8th November 2014, 12:51
Ted reporting that Alonso's engine is not delivering full power for some reason and Alonso is trying to save it for qualifying :-??

nani_s23
8th November 2014, 12:52
Ted reporting that Alonso's engine is not delivering full power for some reason and Alonso is trying to save it for qualifying :-??

Yes exactly... Look at speed trap alonso : 271km/h
Saving for qualy n Race..!!

Hornet
8th November 2014, 12:55
Yes exactly... Look at speed trap alonso : 271km/h
Saving for qualy n Race..!!

I hope this is not the last engine of the season, otherwise we'll be in trouble for the last race

fratelliferrari
8th November 2014, 12:56

Oh no please not :-s

FerrariF60
8th November 2014, 12:58
I hope this is not the last engine of the season, otherwise we'll be in trouble for the last race

maybe he'll get a new one for Abu Dhabi and will start from the pit lane....personally i think they should have done that here

DIEK
8th November 2014, 12:59

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Marco+Mattiacci+F1+Grand+Prix+China+3PVREMEro1cl.j pg

Senna4Ever
8th November 2014, 13:03
Wouldn't it be better to change PU and engine this weekend and get penalty instead of last race and double points? Looks like a wet race to come and therefore safety car should be considered ...

Hornet
8th November 2014, 13:06
Wouldn't it be better to change PU and engine this weekend and get penalty instead of last race and double points? Looks like a wet race to come and therefore safety car should be considered ...

I believe it is. Doing it at Abu Dhabi would be a disaster, with 2x points and more difficult to overtake.

FerrariF60
8th November 2014, 13:22
I believe it is. Doing it at Abu Dhabi would be a disaster, with 2x points and more difficult to overtake.

X1000........clearly ferrari are NOT thinking straight...something is wrong tehre

with the double points for abu dhabi, it would have been WAY better tactics to put a SIXTH engine in brazil and start from pit lane...that way ALO would have had a better change at scoring more points for Ferrari in last race with the DOUBLE POINTS

Senna4Ever
8th November 2014, 13:34
maybe we decided to go into Qualifying with the old engine as we won't jump ahead the grid so many places anyway.
then replace it after qualifying, use the new engine only for the race tomorrow and start from pit lane ... ???

and Kimi would also profit ;)

ManFromMilan
8th November 2014, 13:35

X1000........clearly ferrari are NOT thinking straight...something is wrong tehre

with the double points for abu dhabi, it would have been WAY better tactics to put a SIXTH engine in brazil and start from pit lane...that way ALO would have had a better change at scoring more points for Ferrari in last race with the DOUBLE POINTS

Fully agree. Much more to gain by replacing the PU in this race. I'm sure Alonso can easily make top 10 here if he was to start from the pit lane.

Hornet
8th November 2014, 13:40
maybe we decided to go into Qualifying with the old engine as we won't jump ahead the grid so many places anyway.
then replace it after qualifying, use the new engine only for the race tomorrow and start from pit lane ... ???

That could explain why we're still saving the engine for quali despite it being cranky. :Hmm

But I'm not really sure how the rules deal with it, whether it makes a difference when we change it. Lets wait and see what the team does

nani_s23
8th November 2014, 14:33
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Marco+Mattiacci+F1+Grand+Prix+China+3PVREMEro1cl.j pg
Kinky posture....!!

nani_s23
8th November 2014, 14:36
maybe he'll get a new one for Abu Dhabi and will start from the pit lane....personally i think they should have done that here
I think its alonso's call.... Otherwise logically team would have taken it by now.

stefa
8th November 2014, 14:45

Good idea!