PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari spy

Stormsearcher
27th November 2014, 10:50
Just saw this article.

" Mercedes thwarted a Ferrari 'spy' during the post-race Abu Dhabi test on Wednesday.

Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport and the German newspaper Bild published photographs of the blonde female Ferrari employee using an infrared video camera.

Wearing Ferrari team gear, she was using the camera in the spectator area immediately above the Mercedes team garage.

The reports said a member of the championship-winning Mercedes team went into the spectator area to ask his Ferrari counterpart to stop filming.

Asked what mission the 'spy' had been on, Ferrari told Bild: "Nothing special."

Are mercedes getting paranoid? Or are we really snooping around or is this rubbish journalism?

jragona
27th November 2014, 11:10
She was hardly a spy, it was obvious she was from Ferrari.

Hornet
27th November 2014, 11:38
Are mercedes getting paranoid? Or are we really snooping around or is this rubbish journalism?

There are pictures of it posted at the Abu Dhabi race thread, showing this Ferrari lady with her camera and a big Merc guy talking to her.

I wouldn't say "thwarted" though, Ferrari did it on day 1 of testing, and only on day 2 did Merc send that guy to talk to the Ferrari lady. I also don't think Merc can stop her, because it's public area and there are no rules against recording other team's car

Kingdom Hearts
27th November 2014, 11:51
I never saw a spy dress in red, problably not the best colour to spy, lol

Silent Bob
27th November 2014, 12:24
That's pretty rich calling her a spy. Out in the open, dressed in Ferrari clothes and in a public access area... what did Merc expect to be able to do and how did they thwart her? Now if she was really working for McLaren, then I'd consider calling her a spy.

Nero Horse
27th November 2014, 15:16
That's pretty rich calling her a spy. Out in the open, dressed in Ferrari clothes and in a public access area... what did Merc expect to be able to do and how did they thwart her? Now if she was really working for McLaren, then I'd consider calling her a spy.

:thumb

Nero Horse
27th November 2014, 15:20
"Spying" with thermal cameras in nothing new in F1.

Here are Merc guys doing the exact same thing at Jerez pre-season testing...

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1485/1316/original.jpg?w=800&h
http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/1485/1317/original.jpg?w=800&h

Stormy
27th November 2014, 15:24
What Mclaren did to us 2007, now that is spying, this can't be called spying xD

Nero Horse
27th November 2014, 15:27
What Mclaren did to us 2007, now that is spying, this can't be called spying xD

You are 100% correct. The media just doesn't have anything to talk about during the off season and so they're trying to create some sensationalist garbage stories about nothing. :roll

Winter
27th November 2014, 16:37
Spy :lol She was wearing red, if she was a spy, she had a bad disguise for sure.

And so what if she was taking some pics/video, it's not like Ferrari was doing any illegal tire testing!

fratelliferrari
27th November 2014, 17:09
Spy :lol She was wearing red, if she was a spy, she had a bad disguise for sure.

And so what if she was taking some pics/video, it's not like Ferrari was doing any illegal tire testing!

Well said :-G

Nova
27th November 2014, 17:44

lol, now who would do something like that? :-D

DIEK
27th November 2014, 22:05
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-hqHsMxq-mwE/VHY7RWFxW-I/AAAAAAAAQ58/Tjr4OA2T5-U/s1600/dms1425no160.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3Yfm6BCQAADBPh.jpg

DIEK
27th November 2014, 22:34
Ruth Buscombe

http://i.imgur.com/XwB4saw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H9RIlnJ.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/6DSVVfp.jpg?1

Ruth.Buscombe@ferrari.com

;-)

DIEK
27th November 2014, 22:50
The question is...who is she spying? :Hmm

https://scontent-a-mad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/1914657_644683836630_5770018_n.jpg?oh=ae1a38d903df 0b5e5873a5e8f36f5b5d&oe=54D85A53

Stormsearcher
28th November 2014, 06:27

:lol Bang on the money!

Brembo
28th November 2014, 07:51
She was probably just trying to get some photos of Lewis to sell to GQ magazine.

Hornet
28th November 2014, 09:07
Ruth Buscombe

Wow, turns out she's the race strategies for Massa and Kimi.

Stormsearcher
28th November 2014, 09:10

lol.. not so wow then. :-P

Winter
28th November 2014, 11:58
lol.. not so wow then. :-P

But still wow, she is cute in red :-)

kaidu
28th November 2014, 16:15

No wonder they did so bad :-D

Is she some kind of double agent...

REDARMYSOJA
28th November 2014, 16:17
Was there something illegal about what she was doing? If not, they didn't "thwart" anything, but instead disrupted an employee of Ferrari who was doing their assigned job.

Giallo 550
28th November 2014, 16:29
Too bad her race strategies for Felipe and Kimi didn't look as good as she does.

Hornet
28th November 2014, 16:48
Well just to clarify, her Linkedin profile stated that her position as Massa race strategist started in 2013. So she's not responsible for Massa's strategy in the years before that. :-P

Winter
28th November 2014, 17:00
Well just to clarify, her Linkedin profile stated that her position as Massa race strategist started in 2013. So she's not responsible for Massa's strategy in the years before that. :-P

So, Kimi had a rookie race engineer and rookie strategist:-?? Maybe they counted a bit too much on Kimis own experience..

edit. Yes, he knows what he is doing, but still :-??

Katu
28th November 2014, 17:41
So, Kimi had a rookie race engineer and rookie strategist:-?? Maybe they counted a bit too much on Kimis own experience..

edit. Yes, he knows what he is doing, but still :-??

just how will those rookie race engineers and strategists become not so rookie anymore? if you only count on experienced people race engineers and strategists will soon die out

Winter
28th November 2014, 18:29
just how will those rookie race engineers and strategists become not so rookie anymore? if you only count on experienced people race engineers and strategists will soon die out

Race engineer and race strategist, both were rookies. That is a major disadvantage and that was seen during the season.
What were the odds that Alonso would've had any rookie key figures on his side of the garage before the season? From zero to 0 would be my guess..

Katu
28th November 2014, 18:59
oh you have another reason why Kimi sucked this year. use it carefully

Winter
28th November 2014, 19:09
oh you have another reason why Kimi sucked this year. use it carefully

No, I stick with the fact that Kimi never got the set up to his liking because the car was made to be under steering.
But him being surrounded with rookies didn't help the matter :thumb

justjesper
28th November 2014, 19:26
Well Mclaren might be getting more Ferrari info soon :)
There is one driver who was caught in a espionage case before. Perhaps we should be more a freight of him.

Katu
28th November 2014, 19:29
Well Mclaren might be getting more Ferrari info soon :)
There is one driver who was caught in a espionage case before. Perhaps we should be more a freight of him.

i'm not sure if it would be that much helpful looking at recent races scores

F612
28th November 2014, 22:38
She was so curious but extra zoom wasn't enough so she point the infrared camera at the Mercedes men private area and determined they are using a short shifter.

ABigFan
28th November 2014, 22:51
The fist thing Ron Dennis did when back in charge of the racing team was to get rid of the unexperienced engineers and try to hire more experienced people. Strategy and racing at Ferrari are still run by ex-McLaren people, so Ferrari is doing what McLaren did a few years ago: hiring cheap graduates! We have to expect the same results, this lady is just one of many :( Only when they fix this the team will improve

fratelliferrari
28th November 2014, 23:13
Just give me Roberta Vallorosi :-D

Winter
28th November 2014, 23:17

" drooling Homer Simpson smiley"

fratelliferrari
28th November 2014, 23:20
" drooling Homer Simpson smiley"

She has Twitter but sadly no photos yet :-G

Winter
28th November 2014, 23:29
She has Twitter but sadly no photos yet :-G

She doesn't have pics, but she has one new follower :lol

abbottcostello
29th November 2014, 01:35
Good call Fratelli! :thumb

scuderia_nano
29th November 2014, 04:10
She's Hot.

fratelliferrari
29th November 2014, 07:24
She doesn't have pics, but she has one new follower :lol

:rotfl

vcs316
29th November 2014, 11:43
Ruth Buscombe, Ferrari engineer, joined the team straight out of university and spends race weekends advising on Kimi Räikkönen’s race strategy from Italy. “During the race weekend, I am one of the engineers working from the ‘remote garage’ in the factory, monitoring aspects of car performance, all communicating via intercom to trackside.

“I work with the head of strategy and Kimi’s race engineer to provide assessments of situations, options and risks to facilitate the best possible decision-making,” she says.

“In the week before the event, we conduct preliminary analysis, which helps set our expectations for the race, which results in one or two candidate strategies. Over the race weekend, we collect data. That helps us model the race and craft better qualifying strategies.”

Another Ferrari employee straight out of university is Alessandra Cenicol, who works in composites. “I’m responsible for the team that works on the chassis, wings and bodywork. It’s an interesting and dynamic job; continuous research and development,” she says.

Full article - http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/76032eaa-5851-11e4-a31b-00144feab7de.html#axzz3KSdPyYMe