PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton : Italian fans now stop me and say "come to Ferrari"!!

Pages : [1] 2

PURE PASSION
9th March 2015, 09:38
Reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton claims his fans in Italy have urged him to join Ferrari.

Hamilton and Mercedes claim they are now close to a deal to extend the 30-year-old’s contract beyond 2015, but the long-delayed deal is still not done, triggering speculation boss Toto Wolff is reluctant to agree to the British driver’s wage demands.

Now, the Mirror newspaper claims Hamilton, who is no longer represented by a personal manager, was approached twice last year by Ferrari, who are reportedly “prepared to make Hamilton the best paid driver in the sport”.

The fabled Maranello team has recruited Sebastian Vettel for 2015, but teammate Kimi Raikkonen’s current contract runs out at the end of this season.
At the same time, Hamilton has told the Autosprint that his following in Italy is growing every year.

“The welcome and cheers that I had at Monza last year were incredible,” he said, “and totally different to 2007 and 2008. People now stop me and say ‘Come to Ferrari, come to Ferrari’.

“What do I like about Italy? The food, the passion, the beautiful girls. You also make a couple of very nice cars,” Hamilton smiled. “What do I dislike about it? Nothing.”
I personally would have no problem if he comes!!!!!He is a great driver and i think in our house his personality will change for the best!!!!
But i dont think it will happen for a couple of years!!!And i have enough confidence to our current drivers!!!

fratelliferrari
9th March 2015, 09:49
That would be my worst nightmare! I sincerely hope he will never come to our beautiful team!!!

DJTaurus
9th March 2015, 09:53
That would be my worst nightmare! I sincerely hope he will never come to our beautiful team!!!

Nope. For me the worst nightmare was the fingerboy and now he joined us. I ve never had any problem with Hamilton. He was a bit of an as....le like Alonso was in the past.... But most of the successful drivers are arrogant with big egos. No problem with that. But I disliked the political correct behavior of vettel and his moaning/b....ing about everything.

stefa
9th March 2015, 10:17
Personally I don't have problem with ANY driver as long as he is performing and delivering!

Hornet
9th March 2015, 10:17
Probably just a negotiation tactic on Lewis' part.

But Ferrari will be evaluating all options for 2016, and it wouldn't surprise me if Lewis is on the list of candidates.

Ed Harley
9th March 2015, 10:26
As long as Mercedes keep winning Hamilton stays.

Suzie
9th March 2015, 10:52
Bully for you, Lewis. Please stay put.

wisepie
9th March 2015, 11:36
Whilst I accept that his talent speaks for itself, he had very competitive cars in his two championship years and I would not want him at Ferrari with all that bling and rapper-style persona. It may appeal to the young fans, but not his old codger who would much prefer an Italian to join our team.:-!

Stormsearcher
9th March 2015, 11:38
Lewis will be a great addition to the team. Question is, will Seb allow it?

I would love to watch Lewis vs Seb in the same car. :-D

Ste
9th March 2015, 11:52
It's a shame he's an idiot outside of F1 because he's a great driver. Just not sure his photos with Kim Kardashian, Kanye West and Jared Leto really fit the Ferrari image...brap.

Stormsearcher
9th March 2015, 12:13
It's a shame he's an idiot outside of F1 because he's a great driver. Just not sure his photos with Kim Kardashian, Kanye West and Jared Leto really fit the Ferrari image...brap.

Agree! But he is a great driver, and is getting better.

Rob
9th March 2015, 12:18
I would like him at Ferrari, like any driver i welcome. But until he gets over his "im a rapper,gangsta" phase and grows up, he can stay at Merc.

FerrariSteve
9th March 2015, 12:35

I agree with this ^^

Suzie
9th March 2015, 12:36
grows up

He's 30. Technically this should have happened by now.

ferrari4life
9th March 2015, 13:07
In all honesty there are all kinds of people that make the world go around. While someone might have a low opinion of rap music some others will have a low opinion of classical. So if he is into rap or Kim K or whoever and it does not effect his driving then why should it matter if he is good and fast?

AfterLife
9th March 2015, 13:37
Lewis Hamilton is a talented driver. I believe every Formula1 team like to have him as a driver but I see no reason for him to leave Mercedes. IMO Mercedes will be the team to beat in 2015, 2016 and probably a super competitive team in 2017 and beyond. The best team right now that can give him more titles is Mercedes.

Rishu
9th March 2015, 14:15
Personally I'll be delighted if he joins us, he is fast & muscles the car around even if it isn't to his liking (I like this trait in a racing driver, thus I rate Schumacher, Alonso & Senna highly)

Nand0Nand0
9th March 2015, 15:09
I'd like to see Hamilton and Fernando back together as tea mates at McLaren

Rob
9th March 2015, 16:14

thats very true.

Fireblade
9th March 2015, 16:23
Silly season is starting early! He's simply trying to bluff more money out of Mercedes, the chances of him walking away from the most dominant F1 car ever built are nil.

fratelliferrari
9th March 2015, 16:32

Well said :thumb

ARUN M KARUNAN
9th March 2015, 16:40
When Ham comes to Ferrari,then we will have two cry babies (with all respect)

ManFromMilan
9th March 2015, 17:47
not sure his photos with Kim Kardashian, Kanye West

That must be a new low, even for him.

abbottcostello
9th March 2015, 18:01
Doubt Maranello would implode if it happened. :lou How... umm... exciting?

Personally, I would prefer some fresh raw talent for our next driver change.

wickedf1
9th March 2015, 18:35
Nope. For me the worst nightmare was the fingerboy and now he joined us. I ve never had any problem with Hamilton. He was a bit of an as....le like Alonso was in the past.... But most of the successful drivers are arrogant with big egos. No problem with that. But I disliked the political correct behavior of vettel and his moaning/b....ing about everything.

Vettel is still young. Maybe this year he will tweet Ferrari's telemetry, lie to the stewards to get a podium, get his Ferrari hauled out of the gravels to keep racing and then he can be a successful driver for you. :-P

mark p
9th March 2015, 19:03

Sad thing is those mentioned are Ferrari people,;they can afford and probably have bought Ferrari roadcars. They do fit the image they are very rich. Anyway if are faster than most you should dr8ve for Ferrari. Hamilton is very good, i would welcome Putin as a driver if he was fast.

Giallo 550
10th March 2015, 00:28
If Sebastian meets expectations, everyone will be saying, "Hamilton who?"

abbottcostello
10th March 2015, 02:31
Sad thing is those mentioned are Ferrari people,;they can afford and probably have bought Ferrari roadcars. They do fit the image they are very rich. Anyway if are faster than most you should dr8ve for Ferrari. Hamilton is very good, i would welcome Putin as a driver if he was fast.
But Putin would only be fast without a shirt on, no?

long2ma
10th March 2015, 03:46

Agree 100%

Katu
10th March 2015, 07:11

Putin, really?

Greig
10th March 2015, 09:18
I would have him (or anyone) to replace Kimi tbh :-)

Katu
10th March 2015, 09:54
i can agree with you on this one

fadyferrari
10th March 2015, 11:17

Dont have any problem with what you said,but i would like to ask ,why do you say that?
just curious...and would you have the same opinion if he performed much better this season?

Dromedary
10th March 2015, 11:50
It's great to know that Greig appreciates talents like Carmen Jorda and Rodolfo González ahead of Ferrari WDC Räikkönen.

Greig
10th March 2015, 12:16
ah the old Ferrari WDC line, wondered how long that would take :lol

Hornet
10th March 2015, 12:17
It's great to know that Greig appreciates talents like Carmen Jorda and Rodolfo González ahead of Ferrari WDC Räikkönen.

No idea who those people are, but Lewis' result speaks for itself, he has proven himself to be a competitive top driver. And I'm talking about real results that he produced, not hypothetical if-only-the-car-suit-him ones. I don't see how we could dispute that.

He may be a bit difficult to manage, but most top drivers are anyway.

aroutis
10th March 2015, 12:34
When you build a team, any team really, in a potential team member you search for any number of things, not just raw talent, mainly you want to look if they can fit in the team.

So main question is, would he be able to fit in the team and work as an integral part or would he make a mess out of it?

There is no denying he's capable driver, but I have high doubts that he is the kind of personality he can work with Ferrari.

Nand0Nand0
10th March 2015, 12:42

Taki Inoue is excitedly packing his bags :-)

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 12:50
No idea who those people are, but Lewis' result speaks for itself, he has proven himself to be a competitive top driver. And I'm talking about real results that he produced, not hypothetical if-only-the-car-suit-him ones. I don't see how we could dispute that.

He may be a bit difficult to manage, but most top drivers are anyway.

Last year Hamilton won in a car that was on another level, I would say if susie Wolff had driven the Mercedes she would of finished 2nd to Rosberg. In previous years Lewis has only been average, occasionally he would do a fantastic qualifying job on a Saturday but generally he was only average over a race weekend. In fact in three years he raced along side Jenson Button he was out scored by Button. I use to say Hamilton was the fastest driver over one lap but with Rosberg out performing Hamilton last year I do not consider Hamilton in the top 4 drivers on the grid.

Greig
10th March 2015, 13:01
Last year Hamilton won in a car that was on another level, I would say if susie Wolff had driven the Mercedes she would of finished 2nd to Rosberg. In previous years Lewis has only been average, occasionally he would do a fantastic qualifying job on a Saturday but generally he was only average over a race weekend. In fact in three years he raced along side Jenson Button he was out scored by Button. I use to say Hamilton was the fastest driver over one lap but with Rosberg out performing Hamilton last year I do not consider Hamilton in the top 4 drivers on the grid.

Yeah winning races and the title is clearly second best to being quicker on a Saturday....

mark p
10th March 2015, 13:20
Putin, really?

Only if he was really fast.

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 13:39
Yeah winning races and the title is clearly second best to being quicker on a Saturday....

Anyway Hamilton will not drive for Ferrari because the Fiat board will now allow it. We do not need trouble makers at Ferrari we need employees who put the team first and themselves Second, this is why Alonso is no longer at Ferrari.

ferrari4life
10th March 2015, 14:11
Anyway Hamilton will not drive for Ferrari because the Fiat board will now allow it. We do not need trouble makers at Ferrari we need employees who put the team first and themselves Second, this is why Alonso is no longer at Ferrari.

Seriously? Where did you get this from. I dont think that the FIAT board members care what you or anyone else on here think. They will go get the driver that they can that will help us win.

Schumacher drove for us and he had a fairly colorful and eventfull past.

Suzie
10th March 2015, 14:18

I am pretty sure the FIAT board do not give two hoots how much trouble a driver causes if they thought they would bring titles home to Maranello.

AfterLife
10th March 2015, 14:19

There will be no problem if Lewis Hamilton is going to be Ferrari driver as there was no problem when Fernando Alonso was Ferrari Driver. All in all there was only one person called Marco Mattiacci who maybe had a little problem with Fernando Alonso and guess what!? Ferrari fired Marco Mattiacci :wave

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 15:01
There will be no problem if Lewis Hamilton is going to be Ferrari driver as there was no problem when Fernando Alonso was Ferrari Driver. All in all there was only one person called Marco Mattiacci who maybe had a little problem with Fernando Alonso and guess what!? Ferrari fired Marco Mattiacci :wave

Oh really Marco Mattiacci had a problem with Alonso, Marco was only a puppet during his time at Ferrari, Sergio Marchionne made this decision getting rid of Alonso and Montezemelo, some of you don't like the fact that Fiat call all the shots at Ferrari and believe me Hamilton would have to grow up big time if he wanted to drive for Ferrari. Also you said Ferrari fired Marco, sorry but that comment alone just shows how much you know on who is running Ferrari, no no Fiat board sacked Marco and Fiat Board sacked Montezemelo, the main man is John Elkann who is a family member of the late Gianni Agnelli and the chosen one to run the Fiat empire but nearly all the decisions are made by Sergio Marchionne, while Sergio is doing miracles at Fiat John Elkann will give him all the tools to do anything he wants.

Black Adder
10th March 2015, 15:07
Here is a question that might happen. Suppose we have a good year, thanks to the new car, the new team spirit and of course the two drivers. When I say good year, I don't mean WDC, but let's say a couple of wins, podia and good battles on the highest level. And imagine Kimi outperfom Vettel slightly, which I believe could happen, what will Ferrari do?

Coming back on this topic. I do not rank Hamilton very high and I am sure that for instance Alonso is a far better driver. So if I was Ferrari I would go for youngsters like Bottas, but also 'Riccardo', the Italian Aussie.

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 15:26
Here is a question that might happen. Suppose we have a good year, thanks to the new car, the new team spirit and of course the two drivers. When I say good year, I don't mean WDC, but let's say a couple of wins, podia and good battles on the highest level. And imagine Kimi outperfom Vettel slightly, which I believe could happen, what will Ferrari do?

Coming back on this topic. I do not rank Hamilton very high and I am sure that for instance Alonso is a far better driver. So if I was Ferrari I would go for youngsters like Bottas, but also 'Riccardo', the Italian Aussie.

Well said, Bottas and Riccardo would both be my choice before Hamilton but Riccardo would be my no1 choice, nice lad.

Greig
10th March 2015, 15:28

Explain why we hired Vettel then? oh yeah cause he puts the team first haha really. Second that is not why Alonso is no longer at Ferrari.

Ed Harley
10th March 2015, 15:36
Soon notta sillätavalla notta täällähän ovatten jotkut näistä voorumin väjestä sellaasta mieltä notta ei ole härmälääsellä mestarismiehellä mitään virkaa. Ja kun tämä kerran on tällä viisin niin on perskeles turhaa heitin päätä koittaa kääntää.

Katu
10th March 2015, 16:00
english in english speaking forum please. if you feel like you have to speak finnish - pm each other

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 16:03
Explain why we hired Vettel then? oh yeah cause he puts the team first haha really. Second that is not why Alonso is no longer at Ferrari.

We hired Vettel for the development of the car, this is a period of rebuilding, we need drivers who get on and share the information for the progression of the car, Vettel is still considered a young driver and has time on his side, yes it true Vettel did ignore team instructions but that will not happen at Ferrari, Mark Webber said in an article recently Vettel will be an asset to Ferrari and will help develop the car into a championship winning car, those comments are good enough for me. Vettel has always said he wants to drive for Ferrari and I welcome him with open arms, Ferrari team bosses has said his work rate with the team has been incredible and not forgetting he is a 4 times world champion. Alonso is not at Ferrari because he wanted to leave but Ferrari beat Alonso to that decision, when it was announced Vettel was leaving Red Bull Alonso realised Ferrari had enough. Other words you commit to the greatest F1 team or you go. And go he did.

aroutis
10th March 2015, 16:03

Nothing will happen (if you ask me).
It's racing, you have two really capable drivers, and whether people realize it, Kimi is a WDC and a fierce driver as long as he has the car to race in.
So it would not be that strange to see Kimi outperforming Vettel (who also btw can be really fast in the car of his liking), because when it comes to two really capable drivers, it's the car that makes the difference.

As far as I am concerned, I don't give a damn, I want the drivers to drive the best they can, I want the team to get the most points they can, and when/if possible to get both titles.

Who gets the WDC? I really don't care as long as it's a Ferrari driver.

aroutis
10th March 2015, 16:05

We hired him as a replacement of Alonso; Alonso wanted to find a new team since 2013, and yes he did perform greatly but he wanted to leave and that was that.

And Vettel, love him or hate him, has a reputation for helping with the development of the car, he is young, he's fast and the future lies with him. Is this going to help? We'll see.

AfterLife
10th March 2015, 16:10
Oh really Marco Mattiacci had a problem with Alonso, Marco was only a puppet during his time at Ferrari, Sergio Marchionne made this decision getting rid of Alonso and Montezemelo, some of you don't like the fact that Fiat call all the shots at Ferrari and believe me Hamilton would have to grow up big time if he wanted to drive for Ferrari. Also you said Ferrari fired Marco, sorry but that comment alone just shows how much you know on who is running Ferrari, no no Fiat board sacked Marco and Fiat Board sacked Montezemelo, the main man is John Elkann who is a family member of the late Gianni Agnelli and the chosen one to run the Fiat empire but nearly all the decisions are made by Sergio Marchionne, while Sergio is doing miracles at Fiat John Elkann will give him all the tools to do anything he wants.

Don't play with words. It is the way of talking. Nobody is going to say Fiat board instead of Ferrari in Formula1. All the names you mentioned are everywhere to read but there is no way to tell how the organization works. I am not sure how could you find that out?
Fernando Alonso left Ferrari by his own choice with previous talks with Ferrari. It is very obvious and all reliable websites released that news. Luca Di Montezemolo admitted that too.
By the way I don't get it why you think Lewis Hamilton is not ready for a Ferrari drive? He is talented and proven winner and that is what every Formula1 team want.

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 16:15
Greig would have Kim Kardashian in the car rather can Kimi. I thought he just didn't rate him so much, but it is clear for me that he hates our last driver champion.

Rob
10th March 2015, 16:16

Marco wouldnt/didnt like how Fernando was acting. And how the team had lost "focus" as Fernando was all about "me" The entire Ferrari structure, needed replacing, refreshing you could say. And, its a breath a fresh air now, we have new team, new design teams, new driver. And the whole team is more focussed, and feel the "breath" of fresh air.

As much as i liked him when he was with us, Fernando, great driver, but he is not good for the whole of the team. Give Kimi another year, car has more feel to the front which he likes, needs to drive.

End of day, the powers to be didnt like what was happening, going on at Ferrari. So, action was taken. Had to be done. For the best of the entire team.

Greig
10th March 2015, 16:17
We hired him as a replacement of Alonso; Alonso wanted to find a new team since 2013, and yes he did perform greatly but he wanted to leave and that was that.

And Vettel, love him or hate him, has a reputation for helping with the development of the car, he is young, he's fast and the future lies with him. Is this going to help? We'll see.

And he puts himself first as we seen at Red Bull which is what I replied too nothing to do with developing a car which off course is done by engineers these days.

Greig
10th March 2015, 16:19
Greig would have Kim Kardashian in the car rather can Kimi. I thought he just didn't rate him so much, but it is clear for me that he hates our last driver champion.

She would probably score more points than our last driver champion. :-D

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 16:21
She would probably score more points than our last driver champion.
Neah, she would never drive a F1 car because there are not red lights for her to stop and check her make-up and lipstick while racing.

Hills
10th March 2015, 16:22
No way would I want to see Hamilton at Ferrari - How plastic??

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 16:32
Greig, what is your opinion on Vettel ?

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 16:40
Marco wouldnt/didnt like how Fernando was acting. And how the team had lost "focus" as Fernando was all about "me" The entire Ferrari structure, needed replacing, refreshing you could say. And, its a breath a fresh air now, we have new team, new design teams, new driver. And the whole team is more focussed, and feel the "breath" of fresh air.

As much as i liked him when he was with us, Fernando, great driver, but he is not good for the whole of the team. Give Kimi another year, car has more feel to the front which he likes, needs to drive.

End of day, the powers to be didnt like what was happening, going on at Ferrari. So, action was taken. Had to be done. For the best of the entire team.

Rob your comments are very fair and I would say you see it the way I see it, for me Alonso is the best driver on the grid but it was time for a change.

ferrari4life
10th March 2015, 16:41
Neah, she would never drive a F1 car because there are not red lights for her to stop and check her make-up and lipstick while racing.

thats an ignorant response

ferrari4life
10th March 2015, 16:44
Rob your comments are very fair and I would say you see it the way I see it, for me Alonso is the best driver on the grid but it was time for a change.

and at the end of 2015 there will a time for another change. Hamilton to replace Kimi..

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 16:45
thats an ignorant response
I did not mean to cause any offence to Mrs Kardashian-West. As long as we are on the subject, I don't think her ass can fit into a F1 seat.

Ed Harley
10th March 2015, 16:53
and at the end of 2015 there will a time for another change. Hamilton to replace Kimi..
Hamilton coming to Maranello for 2016 from a winning Mercedes team is about as probable as formerly mentioned K. Kardashian keeping her clothes on.

Ed Harley
10th March 2015, 16:54
I did not mean to cause any offence to Mrs Kardashian-West. As long as we are on the subject, I don't think her ass can fit into a F1 seat.
That would be a major aerodynamical hindrance.

Greig
10th March 2015, 16:57
Greig, what is your opinion on Vettel ?

None really at this moment, we will see how he performs but I expect he will be our next driver champion before our last driver champion wins it.

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 16:57
Don't play with words. It is the way of talking. Nobody is going to say Fiat board instead of Ferrari in Formula1. All the names you mentioned are everywhere to read but there is no way to tell how the organization works. I am not sure how could you find that out?
Fernando Alonso left Ferrari by his own choice with previous talks with Ferrari. It is very obvious and all reliable websites released that news. Luca Di Montezemolo admitted that too.
By the way I don't get it why you think Lewis Hamilton is not ready for a Ferrari drive? He is talented and proven winner and that is what every Formula1 team want.

Well after Monza 2014 Sergio came out and said we can not carry on like this, even though Montezemolo was in charge, so the writing was on the wall. Weeks later Montezemolo was gone. So you don't need to be a scientist to work out that the Fiat board wanted change. As for Hamilton I do not like him, give me Riccardo or Bottas all day long. Hamilton is only a proven winner in a car that is miles ahead of the rest, put him in an average car then he is average. As was proved in 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 and don't come back at me with 2008 because that car should of never been allowed to race.

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 17:00
Hamilton coming to Maranello for 2016 from a winning Mercedes team is about as probable as formerly mentioned K. Kardashian keeping her clothes on.
Correct, no one is leaving a dominant car, especially Hamilton. Even Vettel with his "love and desire" for Ferrari has not left RBR until they were replaced by Mercedes as the no 1 car.

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 17:02

Listen if Hamilton was to race for Ferrari in 2016 then I would support him No problem but for now he does not so I can give my honest opinion. For me always team Ferrari first, drivers and all its staff 2nd.

mirafiori
10th March 2015, 17:05
None really at this moment, we will see how he performs but I expect he will be our next driver champion before our last driver champion wins it.

Typical we give honest opinions and you shoot us down, come on Greig don't be a politician what do you think of Vettel.??

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 17:07
Don't see Ferrari winning a title before "our last driver champion" will retire. Interesting to see your opinion if our last driver champion beats "our next driver champion" this season.

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 17:11
Typical we give honest opinions and you shoot us down, come on Greig don't be a politician what do you think of Vettel.??
I remember a 99% of the forum being dissapointed of the swap Alonso-Vettel, he probably is one of the 99%, I am too.

barzini77
10th March 2015, 17:18
I find it very funny that so many "Ferrari fans" here have a constant need of bashing current Ferrari line-up :D I remember a time when people were banned for saying bad things about Massa. Clearly same rules don't apply for Kimi and Vettel...

Rob
10th March 2015, 17:18
I remember a 99% of the forum being dissapointed of the swap Alonso-Vettel, he probably is one of the 99%, I am too.

i must be 0.5% then, as i wasnt dissapointed. Glad to be honest, good riddance to him.

Greig
10th March 2015, 17:21

As I just said? I will see how he performs and conducts himself at Ferrari before I form a real opinion on him. I also just said I expect him to become champ with us so what more do you want?

AfterLife
10th March 2015, 17:22

When a driver perform much better, automatically the "focus" goes on him. It was the case with Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel too.
That "me" is the same "me" for Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel. There is no difference.

Greig
10th March 2015, 17:22
I find it very funny that so many "Ferrari fans" here have a constant need of bashing current Ferrari line-up :D I remember a time when people were banned for saying bad things about Massa. Clearly same rules don't apply for Kimi and Vettel...

And how do you remember that?

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 17:23
I agree with you that it is not the same measure for Kimi and Vettel as it was for Massa and Alonso. The "official response" is when you badmouth Raikkonen/Vettel you state an opinion, when you badmouth Alonso or Massa you are bashing a Ferrari driver, anyway who's going to ban the admin ? :clap

Greig
10th March 2015, 17:25
I agree with you that it is not the same measure for Kimi and Vettel as it was for Massa and Alonso. The "official response" is when you badmouth Raikkonen/Vettel you state an opinion, when you badmouth Alonso or Massa you are bashing a Ferrari driver, anyway who's going to ban the admin ? :clap

Or we could just post stuff like he is our last wdc and everything will be ok LOL and we can ignore the lack of performances and pretend it's still 2007.

barzini77
10th March 2015, 17:28
And how do you remember that?

Can't follow the forum without registration? :Hmm

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 17:28
i must be 0.5% then, as i wasnt dissapointed. Glad to be honest, good riddance to him.
I am not an Alonso fan, far from it believe me, but I believe he is faster than Vettel. Alonso has other issues, as Massa pointed out in his last interview, but that's another story.

barzini77
10th March 2015, 17:32
Or we could just post stuff like he is our last wdc and everything will be ok LOL and we can ignore the lack of performances and pretend it's still 2007.

So being a complete fanboy or a hater are the only options?

IulianFerrari
10th March 2015, 17:32
You've been on Raikkonen's case even before he sat in a Ferrari car last year.

Greig
10th March 2015, 17:40
So being a complete fanboy or a hater are the only options?

No idea where you got that from, off course harping on about him being our last wdc seems an easy way out from the current performances.

You've been on Raikkonen's case even before he sat in a Ferrari car last year.

Cause he is not good enough IMO and we should never have re-hired him.

Rob
10th March 2015, 17:41
When a driver perform much better, automatically the "focus" goes on him. It was the case with Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel too.
That "me" is the same "me" for Michael Schumacher and Sebastian Vettel. There is no difference.

There was things Sergi and rest of FIAT was seeign, hearing they didnt like about the situation at the team. If Fernando want ed leave, bye bye. Go find a better car at Mclaren, if you cannt wait another year or so, oh wait. :lol

AfterLife
10th March 2015, 17:42
Well after Monza 2014 Sergio came out and said we can not carry on like this, even though Montezemolo was in charge, so the writing was on the wall. Weeks later Montezemolo was gone. So you don't need to be a scientist to work out that the Fiat board wanted change. As for Hamilton I do not like him, give me Riccardo or Bottas all day long. Hamilton is only a proven winner in a car that is miles ahead of the rest, put him in an average car then he is average. As was proved in 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 and don't come back at me with 2008 because that car should of never been allowed to race.

Everybody knows what happened to Luca Di Montezemolo but In case of Fernando Alonso, it isn't the case. Fernando Alonso left Ferrari by his own choice with previous talks with Ferrari.
I don't agree in Lewis Hamilton case. Obviously you don't consider lots of causes like competitiveness of the car, reliability, pit stop problems and strategy problems. I believe Lewis Hamilton will be a good choice.

Rob
10th March 2015, 17:42
No idea where you got that from, off course harping on about him being our last wdc seems an easy way out from the current performances.

Cause he is not good enough IMO and we should never have re-hired him.

with you on that mate. Lets see how this years car goes for him, but i have always said we should of picked up a younger driver.

Rob
10th March 2015, 17:43
Everybody knows what happened to Luca Di Montezemolo but In case of Fernando Alonso, it isn't the case. Fernando Alonso left Ferrari by his own choice with previous talks with Ferrari.
I don't agree in Lewis Hamilton case. Obviously you don't consider lots of causes like competitiveness of the car, reliability, pit stop problems and strategy problems. I believe Lewis Hamilton will be a good choice.

he left as Ferrari forced his hand, were getting fed up with his holding out and demands, so went and completed deal with Seb (finally)

Ed Harley
10th March 2015, 17:45
It seems that both Räikkönen and Vettel are good enough for the team. And that is the only thing that matters.

AfterLife
10th March 2015, 17:48
There was things Sergi and rest of FIAT was seeign, hearing they didnt like about the situation at the team. If Fernando want ed leave, bye bye. Go find a better car at Mclaren, if you cannt wait another year or so, oh wait. :lol

he left as Ferrari forced his hand, were getting fed up with his holding out and demands, so went and completed deal with Seb (finally)
Ferrari wanted longer contract with Fernando Alonso but Fernando Alonso refused. Both parties are understandable. Nothing to discuss really.

Rob
10th March 2015, 17:52
Ferrari wanted longer contract with Fernando Alonso but Fernando Alonso refused. Both parties are understandable. Nothing to discuss really.

he had contract till 2016. With possible 2017. The new President and FIAT board werent happy with the goings on behind closed doors.

AfterLife
10th March 2015, 17:56
he had contract till 2016. With possible 2017. The new President and FIAT board werent happy with the goings on behind closed doors.

Well there was contract but after the contract there was another agreement between Luca di Montezemolo and Fernando Alonso. That is the reason we called it a mutual agreement and Fernando Alonso said himself he appreciate Ferrari to let him go to another team despite having contract.

ferrari4life
10th March 2015, 18:26
Hamilton is only a proven winner in a car that is miles ahead of the rest, put him in an average car then he is average. As was proved in 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 and don't come back at me with 2008 because that car should of never been allowed to race.

Guess we are doomed then cause I think Vet and Kimi will fall into the same category.

Greig
10th March 2015, 18:43
Hamilton is only a proven winner in a car that is miles ahead of the rest, put him in an average car then he is average. As was proved in 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 and don't come back at me with 2008 because that car should of never been allowed to race.

He won multiple races in all those years apart from 2013 when he won just the one race, so how can an average driver be winning in an average car? I am not sure you have thought about this very well LOL

Suzie
10th March 2015, 21:37
Glad to be honest, good riddance to him.

Oh Rob you big turncoat! No way would you have said that when Alonso was driving for Ferrari! A lover spurned and all that... :-P

(I can't be bothered with the 'Driver X is better than driver Y' rows but I do know that discussing Alonso and Massa was a damn sight more interesting than discussing Vettel and Raikkonen. Our new line-up is total bleh).

Tobes
10th March 2015, 22:01
Oh Rob you big turncoat! No way would you have said that when Alonso was driving for Ferrari! A lover spurned and all that... :-P

(I can't be bothered with the 'Driver X is better than driver Y' rows but I do know that discussing Alonso and Massa was a damn sight more interesting than discussing Vettel and Raikkonen. Our new line-up is total bleh).

He would, just not publicly..! :-D

I'm really happy with Seb and Kimi, probably my favourite line up since Schumi and Irv, (ah... the good ol' days) I was never crazy about Fernando, no doubt he's a superb pilot, but I just kinda got bored of the Alonso show, would also be happy to see Lewis in the car, thought he was exceptional in GP2 and although has had some issues and made a few dubious decisions, he's not alone in that respect...

I think this is going to be a good season... :-)

barzini77
10th March 2015, 22:02

I bet it was. Who can compare divine Alonso and nicest guy ever Felipe to a slow drunk and a finger boy, right?

Winter
10th March 2015, 23:09

The biggest troll in the forum, literally...

Fireblade
10th March 2015, 23:16
Judged purely as a driver Hamilton is certainly one of the best. Not the Divine Driving God his more obsessive fans think he is, but certainly one of the top few drivers available.

Can't stand his pretentious and bombastic personality though. "Still I Rise"? Wince inducing.

Fireblade
10th March 2015, 23:38
And he puts himself first as we seen at Red Bull which is what I replied too nothing to do with developing a car which off course is done by engineers these days.

I don't recall seeing that at all. I recall that Mateschitz, the team owner, wanted no team orders at Red Bull. Horner wanted team orders at Red Bull. So Horner tried to surreptitiously enforce them behind the owners back. Since both drivers knew that Mateschitz was against team orders they both felt safe in ignoring them.

I also recall that Webber ignored team orders many times (to cheers from many fans and zero punishment from RB) before Vettel decided that turnabout was fair play. None of which adds up to Vettel putting himself above the team.

killer
11th March 2015, 00:11
Well there was contract but after the contract there was another agreement between Luca di Montezemolo and Fernando Alonso. That is the reason we called it a mutual agreement and Fernando Alonso said himself he appreciate Ferrari to let him go to another team despite having contract.

Surely no one would admit they got caught out?

Giallo 550
11th March 2015, 00:36
Sebastian was hired because Fernando didn't like the way the team was being run and because he didn't want to be at Ferrari any more. It was very clear that him and Marco did not get along.

Giallo 550
11th March 2015, 00:39
discussing Alonso and Massa was a damn sight more interesting than discussing Vettel and Raikkonen. Our new line-up is total bleh).

This x infinity.

Fer138
11th March 2015, 05:30
Some of the comments here really had me :lol. All in good fun, thanks!

Ham vs Vet in 2016? Bring it on! Though it's hard to imagine Ham wanting to leave Mercedes any time soon.

abbottcostello
11th March 2015, 05:53
Well, so far our new line-up has potential to be "total bleh" but I'll reserve judgement until we are a good bit into the season. I'll give 'em a sporting chance in a "new & improved" Ferrari (the car & the team) to win me over.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 07:56

What is clear Alonso wanted out, lets be honest Alonso is coming to the end of his career and he is desperate for a third title. Alonso was aiming for Mercedes and possibly Red Bull as a distant second choice and probably using McLaren as a bargaining tool to get a seat at Mercedes, Ferrari would of known all this was going on and forced his hand, other words Ferrari were fed up and Alonso ended up at McLaren, Alonso is now not a happy man, infact I believe this whole situation has effected him in a mental sense.

Suzie
11th March 2015, 08:45
I'm really happy with Seb and Kimi, probably my favourite line up since Schumi and Irv, (ah... the good ol' days)

They really were :-)

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 09:12
He won multiple races in all those years apart from 2013 when he won just the one race, so how can an average driver be winning in an average car? I am not sure you have thought about this very well LOL

That period was mainly dominated by Red Bull, the next group of cars who were next best was Ferrari and McLaren, which for these two historic manufactures would be in my book only average or above average at best. Over that period Alonso was the clear winner in term of points and the most important thing Alonso nearly won the title on two occasions, where as Hamilton was no where infact Button out scored team mate Hamilton in that period. Only now Hamilton is performing but only in a car that is totally ahead of the competition.

fratelliferrari
11th March 2015, 10:19
My favourite Ferrari line-up was 2006: Michael and Felipe :-D

Petronius
11th March 2015, 11:16

The new Ferrari regime did serve LDM and Alonso an exit solution which gave the pair a possibility to step down without loosing their reputation or faces in public. Very pragmatic and wise move. Extremely clean cut without any additional drama. It was probably the best possible solution for all parties involved. No bad will and luckily Alonso got a new employment at McLaren and LDM in airway business. Last Ferrari WDC and best possible talent from driver market to Maranello team is not bad at all. It looks very promising after a long period off challenges. Let us hope the team is finally prepared to grab what it deserves after the re-construction.

Petronius
11th March 2015, 11:29
Sebastian was hired because Fernando didn't like the way the team was being run and because he didn't want to be at Ferrari any more. It was very clear that him and Marco did not get along.

I think present President used Marco as interim axman to start difficult re-construction job. Changes were knocking on the door and business waits for no man. Well, I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

AfterLife
11th March 2015, 13:21
What is clear Alonso wanted out, lets be honest Alonso is coming to the end of his career and he is desperate for a third title. Alonso was aiming for Mercedes and possibly Red Bull as a distant second choice and probably using McLaren as a bargaining tool to get a seat at Mercedes, Ferrari would of known all this was going on and forced his hand, other words Ferrari were fed up and Alonso ended up at McLaren, Alonso is now not a happy man, infact I believe this whole situation has effected him in a mental sense.

The new Ferrari regime did serve LDM and Alonso an exit solution which gave the pair a possibility to step down without loosing their reputation or faces in public. Very pragmatic and wise move. Extremely clean cut without any additional drama. It was probably the best possible solution for all parties involved. No bad will and luckily Alonso got a new employment at McLaren and LDM in airway business. Last Ferrari WDC and best possible talent from driver market to Maranello team is not bad at all. It looks very promising after a long period off challenges. Let us hope the team is finally prepared to grab what it deserves after the re-construction.

Both of you have made fake scenarios. Keep dreaming.

I found it very bizarre, how some people become very insulting to former Ferrari people and starting to throw every fake scenario just to satisfy their inner lust.

Most of the bad talks about Fernando Alonso in this thread originate from people who can't withstand Fernando Alonso even after his departure from Ferrari. No surprise.

All in all Fernando Alonso said all good things about Ferrari after his departure and Ferrari showed their admiration for Fernando Alonso in every possible moment.

Petronius
11th March 2015, 13:55

I found it very bizarre, how some people become very insulting to former Ferrari people and starting to throw every fake scenario just to satisfy their inner lust.

Most of the bad talks about Fernando Alonso in this thread originate from people who can't withstand Fernando Alonso even after his departure from Ferrari. No surprise.

All in all Fernando Alonso said all good things about Ferrari after his departure and Ferrari showed their admiration for Fernando Alonso in every possible moment.

I feel a bit sorry for people that mainly supports Ferrari because of a driver. I understand it, but nevertheless. Honestly speaking, I have absolutely nothing against Fernando, but he is now at McLaren and not with Ferrari. It makes a big difference. My preference driver line up is presently Kimi and Sebastian. I hope Ferrari has better success this season after five more or less thin and frustrating years. At least if you look at the results. Kimi has earlier proven track record as latest Ferrari WDC and a couple shared WCC:s with Felipe, so they are the latest Ferrari icon's at the wall off fame in Maranello, of those who have achieved the ultimate goal. They will be remembered because of this as winners, and that legacy counts in the final end. I wish the best off luck to Fernando at McLaren as long as he comes in behind Ferrari in races with safe margin. Do You agree?

ferrari4life
11th March 2015, 14:12

He doesnt drive for Ferrari anymore. You are either with us (Ferrari) or against us.
I had this argument with a friend about how its not possible to support multiple teams in F1 compared to another sport like football. In foot ball you can pick multiple teams to support but when they play each other you have to have a clear favorite. In F1 each race is all teams against each other so you have to always have just one favorite.
If you support anyone else for the win then you are not supporting Ferrari.

Hornet
11th March 2015, 14:15
I feel a bit sorry for people that mainly supports Ferrari because of a driver. I understand it, but nevertheless. Honestly speaking, I have absolutely nothing against Fernando, but he is now at McLaren and not with Ferrari. It makes a big difference. My preference driver line up is presently Kimi and Sebastian. I hope Ferrari has better success this season after five more or less thin and frustrating years. At least if you look at the results. Kimi has earlier proven track record as latest Ferrari WDC and a couple shared WCC:s with Felipe, so they are the latest Ferrari icon's at the wall off fame in Maranello, of those who have achieved the ultimate goal. They will be remembered because of this as winners, and that legacy counts in the final end. I wish the best off luck to Fernando at McLaren as long as he comes in behind Ferrari in races with safe margin. Do You agree?

While Luca DM and Alonso is no longer in Ferrari, it doesn't make those wild claims any more true. As far as I'm aware of, there's not a single evidence that FIAT had anything to do with Alonso, or that Luca was pushed out because of Ferrari's F1 result. FIAT has never shown any interest in Ferrari's auto racing side of things, all they care about is the business side of things.

Of course the F1 media circle and fans alike would want think it has something to do with F1, but Ferrari is first and foremost a business company, F1 is secondary. As the saying goes, when you wield a hammer, all your problem look like nails. But there's no any evidence to show that. FIAT's intention was business oriented as we saw, their plan was to sell off Ferrari.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 14:18

So what part of what I have said is fake.??

Senna4Ever
11th March 2015, 14:48

:lol

I'm so glad that for me it can't get worse anyway ...

My favourite Ferrari line-up was 2006: Michael and Felipe :-D

was and always will be: Alesi + Berger ...

AfterLife
11th March 2015, 14:55

He doesnt drive for Ferrari anymore. You are either with us (Ferrari) or against us.
I had this argument with a friend about how its not possible to support multiple teams in F1 compared to another sport like football. In foot ball you can pick multiple teams to support but when they play each other you have to have a clear favorite. In F1 each race is all teams against each other so you have to always have just one favorite.
If you support anyone else for the win then you are not supporting Ferrari.

Fan of team/driver is not really related to what I am saying. It is obvious.

Winning title is important but it is the least thing that a driver can achieve. From my point of view, Winning people heart is the most prestigious achievement that a driver can do and I have found it in Fernando Alonso.

In Ferrari case in my honest opinion there shouldn't be any difference for example between Gilles Villeneuve or Felipe Massa with zero Ferrari championship and Michael Schumacher with 5 Ferrari championships.

Rob
11th March 2015, 14:55

Dont get me wrong when he was racing for us, i cheerd him on, just because he was hussling our cars around into points. But, no, just as Tobes says mai amica, got bored with the whole "Nando show". If you could hear what i say/said in texts to Tobes, and and we race online together what we chat about. Seb and Kimi, i really think its good partnership.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 15:56
While Luca DM and Alonso is no longer in Ferrari, it doesn't make those wild claims any more true. As far as I'm aware of, there's not a single evidence that FIAT had anything to do with Alonso, or that Luca was pushed out because of Ferrari's F1 result. FIAT has never shown any interest in Ferrari's auto racing side of things, all they care about is the business side of things.

Of course the F1 media circle and fans alike would want think it has something to do with F1, but Ferrari is first and foremost a business company, F1 is secondary. As the saying goes, when you wield a hammer, all your problem look like nails. But there's no any evidence to show that. FIAT's intention was business oriented as we saw, their plan was to sell off Ferrari.

Sorry Hornet you have not got a clue on this one, Alonso and Luca were removed from there duties by the guys at Fiat, who else could remove Luca from his duties at Ferrari if he was top dog, he did not want to leave Ferrari but the Fiat board decided it was time for a change. Fiat will sell some shares of Ferrari to release some much needed cash but Fiat will still retain the majority of shares at Ferrari, there is only a few people who own the most shares, making it very difficult or even nearly impossible to sell Ferrari into foreign hands. Infact Sergio has just announced that Ferrari will always pay its taxes in Italy.

Hornet
11th March 2015, 16:09
Sorry Hornet you have not got a clue on this one, Alonso and Luca were removed from there duties by the guys at Fiat, who else could remove Luca from his duties at Ferrari if he was top dog, he did not want to leave Ferrari but the Fiat board decided it was time for a change. Fiat will sell some shares of Ferrari to release some much needed cash but Fiat will still retain the majority of shares at Ferrari, there is only a few people who own the most shares, making it very difficult or even nearly impossible to sell Ferrari into foreign hands. Infact Sergio has just announced that Ferrari will always pay its taxes in Italy.

Yes I never doubted that Luca DM was politically removed from his post by FIAT, a move in fact I still disagree with today as I did then. But regardless, I see no sign that it had anything to do with F1, that was my point. There were rumors that it have something to do with FIAT wanted to make Ferrari cars less exclusive, or Luca DM disagreed with FIAT's plan for Ferrari, but none of that have to do with F1. And Alonso leaving certainly isn't forced by FIAT, as FIAT isn't even involve in our racing division matters, let alone managing F1 driver.

FIAT never showed any interest in Ferrari's racing matters all these years, and I still see no evidence of that. As I said, Ferrari is a business company firstly and FIAT decision was all about that.

Silent Bob
11th March 2015, 16:17
Yes I never doubted that Luca DM was politically removed from his post by FIAT, a move in fact I still disagree with today as I did then. But regardless, I see no sign that it had anything to do with F1, that was my point. There were rumors that it have something to do with FIAT wanted to make Ferrari cars less exclusive, or Luca DM disagreed with FIAT's plan for Ferrari, but none of that have to do with F1. And Alonso leaving certainly isn't forced by FIAT, as FIAT isn't even involve in our racing division matters, let alone managing F1 driver.

FIAT never showed any interest in Ferrari's racing matters all these years, and I still see no evidence of that. As I said, Ferrari is a business company firstly and FIAT decision was all about that.

Really? When the head of FIAT/FCA has taken on the interim role of company leader and has himself appointed a new team principle... FIAT have no interest in Ferrari? I think the fact that the Ferrari brand has lost it's position as the No 1 brand in the world and dropped to #9 has a lot to do with this restructuring. If Ferrari is not dominant in F1, the Ferrari the company is losing money and marketing prestige. I think for sure FIAT is tanking an interest in F1.

SashAlex
11th March 2015, 16:20
The same goes for Jean Alesi as well. Even if he won just one GP in Canada during his spell at Ferrari. It's about driving to the limits with all your passion and not thinking about silverware, which eventually is an achievement, but not the ultimate one in a driver's life. It's about driving for the most historical team in F1, a team so much different from the others, through everything it has done for the motorsport. At least, it used to be like this.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 16:43

What you say is true Hornet Fiat never really got involved with Ferrari affairs, because Fiat never had any concerns with Ferrari, the truth is Fiat over the last 20 to 30 years have found it very difficult in the world of selling cars, also you have to give Fiat a massive pat on the back for never selling Ferrari, over the last two decades Fiat were desperate for cash but never sold Ferrari even at very low moments. Now we are in a different situation and Fiat is doing very well and Sergio can do no wrong, Fiat is now interested in what is going on at Ferrari and did not like what they were seeing, Sergio made that quite clear after the race at Monza, where he said we can not carry on like this and the rest is history. Don't forget Luca had other buisness interest, he was one of three people who launched the worlds first private high speed train service in Italy called Italo, maybe the Fiat board thought he should spend more of his time and efforts with Ferrari and not on other projects.

Hornet
11th March 2015, 16:44
Really? When the head of FIAT/FCA has taken on the interim role of company leader and has himself appointed a new team principle... FIAT have no interest in Ferrari? I think the fact that the Ferrari brand has lost it's position as the No 1 brand in the world and dropped to #9 has a lot to do with this restructuring. If Ferrari is not dominant in F1, the Ferrari the company is losing money and marketing prestige. I think for sure FIAT is tanking an interest in F1.

Sure FIAT is interest in Ferrari as a business company, but what does that have to do with F1 titles? Are you saying people stopped buying Ferrari cars just because we haven't won any title in a while? Of course FIAT would put their own guy at the helm, the whole reason why they pushed Luca out is so they could have their way.

And Mattiacci was fired before he even had the chance to prove himself. I doubt that has got anything to do Ferrari's F1 team performance.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 16:53
Don't forget as well Piero Ferrari owns 10% of Ferrari and he sits on the Fiat board when Ferrari matters is up for discussion and he will always want the best for Ferrari, one of the reasons Fiat over the last 20 ish years has left Ferrari alone is because this is what Enzo Ferrari always wanted. Again times are changing.

Silent Bob
11th March 2015, 17:29
The worth of a company like Ferrari is a lot more than just selling cars. Ferrari's poor performance the last few years in F1 was a prime reason why it fell from #1 company brand to #9. I'd like to think Mangaement would be concerned if things wer sliding.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 17:49
The worth of a company like Ferrari is a lot more than just selling cars. Ferrari's poor performance the last few years in F1 was a prime reason why it fell from #1 company brand to #9. I'd like to think Mangaement would be concerned if things wer sliding.

Well said Silent Bob, infact Sergio Marchionne did say winning the F1 title is very important for the Ferrari brand. Let's be honest selling New Ferrari's is like managing Barcelona, in a world where each year there is more millionaires there will always be a waiting list, also classic Ferrari's is the most valuable cars on the planet, this has nothing to do with Luca but this is all about the legend Enzo Ferrari. So the WDC is what Ferrari want but don't forget Sergio will now be under the spotlight.

ferrari4life
11th March 2015, 18:09

if might be true that fiat got rid of luca d. but what proof you have they got rid of Alonso?

you argument is kind of illogical. you first said that FIAT would not want Ham because of his behavior. Then you said FIAT got rid of LDM and ALO because they didnt like ALO behavior. and for that reason they would not want Hamilton. But then you only went about talking and proving that they got rid of LDM. As if that is true then everything else must be true. I dont buy your reasoning at all.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 18:32
if might be true that fiat got rid of luca d. but what proof you have they got rid of Alonso?

Well it was clear Alonso was going from Ferrari but it was also clear Ferrari pulled the rug from under Alonso feet by getting Vettel to drive for us in 2015, Alonso and his team were talking to the other teams and you can bet any money Sergio Marchionne told Ferrari to get Vettel in for 2015, it was a snap decision catching the whole grid by surprise, leaving Alonso without his first choice Mercedes drive, this is a typical Marchionne move. There is no way Marco would or could ever get rid of Alonso and If he did he might as well hang himself. Alonso was our greatest asset and only Sergio would have the authority to get Vettel in to leave Alonso out in the cold.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 18:45

you argument is kind of illogical. you first said that FIAT would not want Ham because of his behavior. Then you said FIAT got rid of LDM and ALO because they didnt like ALO behavior. and for that reason they would not want Hamilton. But then you only went about talking and proving that they got rid of LDM. As if that is true then everything else must be true. I dont buy your reasoning at all.

Look Alonso was going anyway but Sergio just speeded up the process, Alonso was driving for us but talking to other teams, Luca had given back his contract a year earlier so he join another team but then Alonso started to say he could stay at Ferrari, so he wanted the whole cake for himself. Sergio style is ruthless and there was only one winner. So yeah it was his behaviour or arrogancey that forced Sergio hand.

Greig
11th March 2015, 19:12
That period was mainly dominated by Red Bull, the next group of cars who were next best was Ferrari and McLaren, which for these two historic manufactures would be in my book only average or above average at best. Over that period Alonso was the clear winner in term of points and the most important thing Alonso nearly won the title on two occasions, where as Hamilton was no where infact Button out scored team mate Hamilton in that period. Only now Hamilton is performing but only in a car that is totally ahead of the competition.

But he won multiple races in average cars (your words) so I am not sure how you can use that to say he is not all that good. Also not sure how you can compare him to Alonso who was in a different car but when they were in the same car 2007....... He beat Jenson 2 seasons out of 3.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 19:39
But he won multiple races in average cars (your words) so I am not sure how you can use that to say he is not all that good. Also not sure how you can compare him to Alonso who was in a different car but when they were in the same car 2008 you tell us we are not allowed to mention it LOL. He beat Jenson 2 seasons out of 3.

First of all I will not give Hamilton any credit for 2008, that car should of been banned, even Max Mosley said that but maybe you know more than him LOL. McLaren were running an illegal car but politics allowed them to run the car and of course Ron Dennis was happy to pay 100 million dollars. oh and by the way Alonso and Hamilton were in the same car in 2007 not 2008. So in your words Hamilton won multiple races sounds like he did well then, he must of finished in the top three in 2009 to 2013, no never in the top three wow but he won so many races. Again I only deal in facts while Hamilton and Button were team mates Button scored more points.

DelMar
11th March 2015, 19:40
Hamilton's McLaren was overall the best car in 2012. On average it was on 2 full tenths faster on quali compared to Red Bull. At the start of season @ Australia quali, they were 0.7 secs up on RBRs. In Spain which is a good indicator for aero performance, Lewis had 6 tenths on 2nd place Maldonado.

Greig
11th March 2015, 19:46
First of all I will not give Hamilton any credit for 2008, that car should of been banned, even Max Mosley said that but maybe you know more than him LOL. McLaren were running an illegal car but politics allowed them to run the car and of course Ron Dennis was happy to pay 100 million dollars. oh and by the way Alonso and Hamilton were in the same car in 2007 not 2008. So in your words Hamilton won multiple races sounds like he did well then, he must of finished in the top three in 2009 to 2013, no never in the top three wow but he won so many races. Again I only deal in facts while Hamilton and Button were team mates Button scored more points.

Does not change the fact that he won races and the title in 2008. The car was not illegal but maybe you know more than the stewards at every event of that season. And it's also a fact Hamilton beat Jenson 2 seasons out of 3. Hamilton had a terrible 2011 season which off course skews the points you cling too. Lewis also suffered more mechanical problems while ahead of Jenson, scored more poles etc etc but really it's clear your opinion won't change so it's ok if you want to believe he is not all that good that is perfectly fine :-)

Greig
11th March 2015, 19:48
In Spain which is a good indicator for aero performance, Lewis had 6 tenths on 2nd place Maldonado.

And was DQ from qual.....

DelMar
11th March 2015, 19:55
And was DQ from qual.....
Yes, because he did not have enough fuel for sample, similar to Vettel in Abu Dhabi 2012. That does not change the fact that 2012 McLaren was very fast.

Jenson and Hamilton had respectively 5 and 6 mechanical DNFs during 3 years at McLaren, very similar number. The major difference was the number of DNFs due to accidents, which Lewis had plenty.

Greig
11th March 2015, 19:58
Yeah fast especially with no fuel LOL yes as Lewis had a terrible 2011 season as I said. If you think Jenson is on the same level as Lewis then so be it but I doubt you will find many agreeing :-)

DelMar
11th March 2015, 20:05
Everybody goes low fuel in quali.

Even if we assume that Lewis's depot was complicate blank after quali and had a full 1lt advantage (0.75kg). 10kg of fuel cost about 3/4 tenths. He would have gained about less than half a tenth. Remember he was 6 tenths faster! He would have been five and half tenths faster at Spain...

Greig
11th March 2015, 20:09
Everybody goes low fuel in quali.

Even if we assume that Lewis's depot was complicate blank after quali and had a full 1lt advantage (0.75kg). 10kg of fuel cost about 3/4 tenths. He would have gained about less than half a tenth. Remember he was 6 tenths faster! He would have been five and half tenths faster at Spain...

Obviously but we all know he got DQ for being too low on fuel, not sure what the angle is here you are trying to get at out of interest where was Jenson in this qual? oh yeah nowhere near Lewis....

DelMar
11th March 2015, 20:11
Yeah fast especially with no fuel LOL yes as Lewis had a terrible 2011 season as I said. If you think Jenson is on the same level as Lewis then so be it but I doubt you will find many agreeing :-)
They both had different strengths, Jenson's weak point is his one lap speed. However in races he was a lot less error/accident prone, better in wet conditions (5 of the 8 races he won in McLaren was wet races). Rosberg being faster than Hamilton in quali did not save him in 2014 as he was getting beaten at races.

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 20:16
Does not change the fact that he won races and the title in 2008. The car was not illegal but maybe you know more than the stewards at every event of that season. And it's also a fact Hamilton beat Jenson 2 seasons out of 3. Hamilton had a terrible 2011 season which off course skews the points you cling too. Lewis also suffered more mechanical problems while ahead of Jenson, scored more poles etc etc but really it's clear your opinion won't change so it's ok if you want to believe he is not all that good that is perfectly fine :-)
No it does not change the fact he won the title in 2008 but it also doesn't change the fact that Max Mosley head of the FIA said the 2008 car should be banned because it was very very difficult to know what parts of the car belong to Ferrari and of course Ron Dennis would never allow McLaren to run a car even though it had Ferrari know how, Haha. It was only down to Bernie that McLaren were on the grid in 2008. yes your right I won't change my mind because it's true Button scored more point head to head with Hamilton when they were team mates. Also you can not use mechanical issues as a reason why Button scored more points, maybe Hamilton is a car breaker and was it in 2012 when Hamilton received around 10 penalties for driving like a bonehead mainly at the expense of Massa, that would of cost him many points or was it in Canada in the pit lane when he drove into the back of a stationary Ferrari ending everyone's race.

DelMar
11th March 2015, 20:17
Obviously but we all know he got DQ for being too low on fuel, not sure what the angle is here you are trying to get at out of interest where was Jenson in this qual? oh yeah nowhere near Lewis....
No, my initial point was McLaren being the fastest and best car in 2012 and gave some examples of the margin they had. One of them was Spain quali, which is good track to access the aero of a car. Then you mentioned the disqualification in quali due to insufficient fuel sample. My response was even if they would have put 1 more liter in Lewis car, he would still have been more than 5 tenths faster than the second car.

Greig
11th March 2015, 20:27
No, my initial point was McLaren being the fastest and best car in 2012 and gave some examples of the margin they had. One of them was Spain quali, which is good track to access the aero of a car. Then you mentioned the disqualification in quali due to insufficient fuel sample. My response was even if they would have put 1 more liter in Lewis car, he would still have been more than 5 tenths faster than the second car.

I would disagree they had the fastest and best car for the whole of 2012, Red Bull came on very strong especially after the shutdown. But I am not really sure where this is going or how it's really all that important.

Suzie
11th March 2015, 21:34
No it does not change the fact he won the title in 2008 but it also doesn't change the fact that Max Mosley head of the FIA said the 2008 car should be banned because it was very very difficult to know what parts of the car belong to Ferrari and of course Ron Dennis would never allow McLaren to run a car even though it had Ferrari know how, Haha. It was only down to Bernie that McLaren were on the grid in 2008. yes your right I won't change my mind because it's true Button scored more point head to head with Hamilton when they were team mates. Also you can not use mechanical issues as a reason why Button scored more points, maybe Hamilton is a car breaker and was it in 2012 when Hamilton received around 10 penalties for driving like a bonehead mainly at the expense of Massa, that would of cost him many points or was it in Canada in the pit lane when he drove into the back of a stationary Ferrari ending everyone's race.

Dude, I can't stand Lewis Hamilton, but really his talent is undeniable, even if he does come across like a total moron outside of the car.

Suzie
11th March 2015, 21:35
Dont get me wrong when he was racing for us, i cheerd him on, just because he was hussling our cars around into points. But, no, just as Tobes says mai amica, got bored with the whole "Nando show". If you could hear what i say/said in texts to Tobes, and and we race online together what we chat about. Seb and Kimi, i really think its good partnership.

Ooo you should have said it all here, much more fun :-D

mirafiori
11th March 2015, 21:59
Dude, I can't stand Lewis Hamilton, but really his talent is undeniable, even if he does come across like a total moron outside of the car.

Ok Suzie. Hopefully Sunday we will have happier things to comment on.:thumb

Nero Horse
11th March 2015, 22:19
I'm on the fence about this one. Just like many other people on here I'm not a fan of Ham's antics and behaviour outside of F1, but he is undoubtedly one of the best and fastest drivers in F1, so if he would come to Ferrari and deliver the results then I suppose I would be okay with it. If he could just tone down that rapper image a bit, that'd be really nice. As a Ferrari fan I always want only what's best for the team and having such a fast and talented driver driving for us would definitely be good for the team, so in that sense I'd gladly see him joining Ferrari, but on the other hand, his behaviour outside the F1 and that whole gangsta rapper image makes me cringe. Ehh, I'll just leave the decision making to the team, if they decide to hire Ham then I'm okay with it. But at the moment it's not even that important of an issue. Right now all my attention is focused only on Seb and Kimi and the rest of my team.

Fireblade
11th March 2015, 23:57
Apart from his personality, the other irritating thing about HAM is his fan club. Look up "fan boys" in the dictionary and there's a picture of a Lewis supporter.

The curious thing about fan boys is that, not content with lavishing absurdly over-the-top praise on their idols, they also feel the compulsion to tear down and belittle other drivers. It's not an attractive combination of character traits. The HAM fans add to this a huge persecution complex. Any time ... literally, ANY TIME ... things are not going well for him their first instinct is to accuse powerful and shadowy forces (his own team, the FIA, "the man") of being out to get him.

evo_spook
12th March 2015, 00:53
Apart from his personality, the other irritating thing about HAM is his fan club. Look up "fan boys" in the dictionary and there's a picture of a Lewis supporter.

The curious thing about fan boys is that, not content with lavishing absurdly over-the-top praise on their idols, they also feel the compulsion to tear down and belittle other drivers. It's not an attractive combination of character traits. The HAM fans add to this a huge persecution complex. Any time ... literally, ANY TIME ... things are not going well for him their first instinct is to accuse powerful and shadowy forces (his own team, the FIA, "the man") of being out to get him.

You've just described quite a few people in this thread. Its always funny when fanboys complain about other fanboys, usually in total innocence that they are some how better, when from the outside they are just as bad.

Winter
12th March 2015, 01:41
Soon notta sillätavalla notta täällähän ovatten jotkut näistä voorumin väjestä sellaasta mieltä notta ei ole härmälääsellä mestarismiehellä mitään virkaa. Ja kun tämä kerran on tällä viisin niin on perskeles turhaa heitin päätä koittaa kääntää.

You put some challenge to google translator huh :lol. Vuan tottuushan tuo tiällä tuntuupi oleman. That seems to be the case.

abbottcostello
12th March 2015, 02:39

Winning title is important but it is the least thing that a driver can achieve. From my point of view, Winning people heart is the most prestigious achievement that a driver can do and I have found it in Fernando Alonso.

In Ferrari case in my honest opinion there shouldn't be any difference for example between Gilles Villeneuve or Felipe Massa with zero Ferrari championship and Michael Schumacher with 5 Ferrari championships.
Well said AfterLife.

Greig
12th March 2015, 06:40

Not really exclusive to Lewis fans though is it.

Senna4Ever
12th March 2015, 06:58
I feel a bit sorry for people that mainly supports Ferrari because of a driver. I understand it, but nevertheless.

I feel a bit sorry for people that have nothing good to say about a other drivers all way through until they wear the red colour where they suddenly turn from black into white swan just only because of the colour of the overall and the car they are driving and not by the driving itself ...

right, as it is the same everywhere around: you will find it at soccer, skiing, politics, religion ... you have the die-hard fanatics, those who have an clear opinion but are also open minded to listen to others and those who are just swimming the easy way

Stormsearcher
12th March 2015, 08:59
I feel a bit sorry for people that have nothing good to say about a other drivers all way through until they wear the red colour where they suddenly turn from black into white swan just only because of the colour of the overall and the car they are driving and not by the driving itself ...

lol.. nailed it!

ManFromMilan
12th March 2015, 09:21

Too true!!

:thumb

wickedf1
12th March 2015, 09:37

It does matter so much because in the history you have maybe 5 drivers with no titles and they are still very famous because they have so much talent and loved by fans. But all 32 champions are remembered in the news pieces and 2 championships you get more mentions and 3 more mentions and 4 even more mentions and 5 still more. And 7 you always get the mentions. It is hard to say that it is not very important because that is why they are racing and building cars, to win.

But I also agree it is important to the fans to find drivers they can have a feeling for as you do with Fernando and I do with Kimi and Seb and others too.

I can say Lewis is a good driver and I don't care if he goes to Ferrari. But I don't like that he is saying it now at the start of the season because he is talking about how he can have Kimi's job. So I am angry at him for saying these things right now for his own purposes when my driver is still in the team and I am hoping he does very well and stays with the team another year too. These are not nice words to hear from Hamilton for how much all of Italy loves him and he is ask to drive already in 2016. I don't care.

CurdaNeta
12th March 2015, 09:53
Everybody has expressed who is their favorite Ferrari driver.

Now let me ask you... Who's your less favorite Ferrari driver of all time?

FerrariFanBoii
12th March 2015, 10:03
He's fast, he's reliable, always puts in the effort, I'd have him at Ferrari

mirafiori
12th March 2015, 12:08
He's fast, he's reliable, always puts in the effort, I'd have him at Ferrari

He is fast and I would say he puts in the effort but no he is not reliable. Where as Jenson Button might not be as quick over one lap but he is more reliable.

ferrari4life
12th March 2015, 12:55
He is fast and I would say he puts in the effort but no he is not reliable. Where as Jenson Button might not be as quick over one lap but he is more reliable.

Because the car broke down on Hamilton that is his fault?
lol Jenson Button seriously? Anyone can be reliable if you give them a great car of if you give them a crap car and they dont know how to push it.

Suzie
12th March 2015, 13:20
So I am angry at him for saying these things right now for his own purposes when my driver is still in the team and I am hoping he does very well and stays with the team another year too. These are not nice words to hear from Hamilton for how much all of Italy loves him and he is ask to drive already in 2016. I don't care.

Massive coincidence that he says this while he's in contract negotiations with Mercedes at the moment I'm sure ;-)

ManFromMilan
12th March 2015, 13:23
Because the car broke down on Hamilton that is his fault?

Yup it is, Hamilton had more rear brake bias in Canada and his brakes gave up when their energy recovery system failed, Rosberg used less and Rosberg finished the race.

Driver still have to manage cars chassis and engines and are so very capable to have a driving style that tent to have them have more failures.

It is nothing new.

ferrari4life
12th March 2015, 13:34
Yup it is, Hamilton had more rear brake bias in Canada and his brakes gave up when their energy recovery system failed, Rosberg used less and Rosberg finished the race.

Driver still have to manage cars chassis and engines and are so very capable to have a driving style that tent to have them have more failures.

It is nothing new.

I remember 2005 when Kimi's Mclaren was broken almost every other race. We should sack him cause he is not reliable and is a car breaker. Lets get Button instead who takes care of his cars.

ManFromMilan
12th March 2015, 13:46
I remember 2005 when Kimi's Mclaren was broken almost every other race. We should sack him cause he is not reliable and is a car breaker. Lets get Button instead who takes care of his cars.

As far as i can remember that car gave both Mclaren drivers headaches that year. (maybe Montoya was just too fat?)

I still stand by my original opinion that the way a driver drives his car can and must be considered when if comes to failures.

It is a whole different story when you team cannot connect your fuel line properly.

mirafiori
12th March 2015, 13:51

It is nothing new.

You are correct my friend, reliability is not just about the cars mechanical issues it's also how the drivers ability not to have crashes or like Hamilton did in China ending up in the gravel trap while he was driving in the pit lane or driving into the back of a Ferrari while being stationary in the pit lane.

ManFromMilan
12th March 2015, 13:54
driving into the back of a Ferrari while being stationary in the pit lane.

Oh that was dumb. And still unforgivable in my opinion.:-!

Alonsomaniac
12th March 2015, 14:27
I was an Alonso fan and still am, second to Ferrari. But would I welcome Lewis to Ferrari?...............Yes, because he is a great driver and still one of those who drive with passion. His heart is involved in what he does behind the wheel. Sometimes that results in strange actions, but it also results in beautiful races.

ferrari4life
12th March 2015, 14:53
You are correct my friend, reliability is not just about the cars mechanical issues it's also how the drivers ability not to have crashes or like Hamilton did in China ending up in the gravel trap while he was driving in the pit lane or driving into the back of a Ferrari while being stationary in the pit lane.

you are referring to his rookie year and how old was he back then? What about Vet's running into Webber? He should be kicked out from Ferrari immediately. Maybe FIAT forgot about that incident when they hired him.

Did you ever consider the fact that in Hamiltons ROOKIE year he went up against a double world champion and was equal no matter what rubbish you hear about how McLaren preferred him to Alonso.

fratelliferrari
12th March 2015, 15:01
Massive coincidence that he says this while he's in contract negotiations with Mercedes at the moment I'm sure ;-)

I just hope he will sign a 10-year deal with Merc so he will never has to come to our team :-D

Brembo
12th March 2015, 15:26
I believe Ferrari will have to come up with a contender of a car before this british champion will consider comming over, unless... Nico does to him @ Merc what Riccardo did to Seb @ Red Bull.

ManFromMilan
12th March 2015, 15:31
you are referring to his rookie year and how old was he back then? What about Vet's running into Webber? He should be kicked out from Ferrari immediately. Maybe FIAT forgot about that incident when they hired him.

Wow you really have a bee in your bonnet for ol' LH. It's ok man, fire whoever you want and hire Lewis. Just calm down.

Alessandra
12th March 2015, 16:09
Only if he was really fast.

:lol

ferrari4life
12th March 2015, 16:32
Wow you really have a bee in your bonnet for ol' LH. It's ok man, fire whoever you want and hire Lewis. Just calm down.

actully i dont. i I am just glad/arguing that Ferrari and FIAT do not make decisions based on the opinions discussed in this thread. The arguments used are circular and illogical. It doesnt matter if one likes a driver or not. If he is better than what you have then you should get him if you can.

Fireblade
12th March 2015, 16:54

Never said it was exclusive to them. But they're by far the worst for the traits I mentioned. If Hamilton ever comes to Ferrari and gets beaten by whoever happens to be his teammate, the accusations of "racism" on the part of Ferrari will come thick and fast from the Lewis fan boys.

Nero Horse
12th March 2015, 16:57

It's not so much about not having anything good to say, it's more about just not caring about the other team's drivers. As a Ferrari fan I only care about the drivers who are driving for Ferrari (to some extent about ex-Ferrari drivers as well) and others are just a blur in the background, figuratively speaking. It's all about Ferrari and its drivers for me, and that's the way it will always be. If you don't understand it then that's fine, everybody has the right to support whoever they want, however they want.

Fireblade
12th March 2015, 17:03
You've just described quite a few people in this thread. Its always funny when fanboys complain about other fanboys, usually in total innocence that they are some how better, when from the outside they are just as bad.

Oh? Then you'll have zero problem in quoting me (1) praising some driver is OTT terms such as "He gets that dog of a car in positions it has no business being" or "He's the greatest driver on the grid!", and (2) Insisting that some other driver is hugely overrated and is actually no damn good. I won''t be holding my breath waiting for you to pull it off ...

Obviously that comment of mine left a mark on you, but "Nuh huh, YOU'RE the fan boy!" is just a childish response.

Fireblade
12th March 2015, 17:18

I feel a bit sorry for people that have nothing good to say about other drivers (than the ones they're fan boys to), full stop. Because they clearly have no understanding of the sport they're watching and they're certainly not basing their opinions of the drivers on their driving.

ferrari4life
12th March 2015, 17:34
Never said it was exclusive to them. But they're by far the worst for the traits I mentioned. If Hamilton ever comes to Ferrari and gets beaten by whoever happens to be his teammate, the accusations of "racism" on the part of Ferrari will come thick and fast from the Lewis fan boys.

i actully would put Alonso fans in the same boat.

ManFromMilan
12th March 2015, 18:18
i actully would put Alonso fans in the same boat.

I would actually put everybody in the same boat that constantly nag and bemoan a situation that does not fit their warped version of reality or if they are called on their crappy distorted rationalization of their own truth.

Welcome to forum life...

mirafiori
12th March 2015, 19:17

Did you ever consider the fact that in Hamiltons ROOKIE year he went up against a double world champion and was equal no matter what rubbish you hear about how McLaren preferred him to Alonso.

No iam not referring to his rookie year it's between 2009 to 2013. So basically Hamilton has 2 years experience if you take it from 2009. In that time I will admit he was not in the best car but the McLaren by there standards was only average but it was still one of the best cars on the grid behind Red Bull and maybe equal to Ferrari but when you compare his performance over those years to Alonso he was a clear second, infact he never finished in the top three in each of those 5 years, where as Alonso finished 2nd on three occasions and nearly won the title twice. Over this period Ferrari and McLaren were evenly matched and Alonso and Hamilton are regarded as two of the best drivers but Alonso was just on another level compared to Hamilton in that 5 year period. 2007 Alonso and Hamilton were equal up Monaco then McLaren found love for Hamilton and hate for Alonso, so you work that one out and no it's not rubbish.

Greig
12th March 2015, 19:27
Pretty pointless comparing drivers in 2 different cars.

Giallo 550
12th March 2015, 19:45
The biggest joke is that Hamilton needs Mercedes more than Mercedes needs Hamilton!

Dromedary
12th March 2015, 19:59
I feel a bit sorry for people that have nothing good to say about a other drivers all way through until they wear the red colour where they suddenly turn from black into white swan just only because of the colour of the overall and the car they are driving and not by the driving itself ...]

I feel more sorry for people like you and Greig who feel that the current line-up is merely a meh bleh or should-be-replaced-with-kim-kardashian. Apparently that kind of behaviour is accepted on this forum and I respect that as a new member.

Greig
12th March 2015, 20:04
I feel more sorry for people like you and Greig who feel that the current line-up is merely a meh bleh or should-be-replaced-with-kim-kardashian. Apparently that kind of behaviour is accepted on this forum and I respect that as a new member.

Yeah cause I was serious LOL I have no issue with Seb either so don't be making things up thanks.

Brembo
12th March 2015, 20:13

Many a British driver has been beaten by another nationality. Why would Merc's current Brit. Lewis comming to Ferrari be racist inspired? He truly is a champion driver we'd be getting just like Seb.

Dromedary
12th March 2015, 21:06
Yeah cause I was serious LOL I have no issue with Seb either so don't be making things up thanks.

Cheers mate. I don't need to make things up, because my initial suggestions for your desire to replace Kimi with anyone were talents like Carmen Jorda. She is a professional race driver and your reply were Kimi LOL, not good enough.

That meh bleh was directed to likes of Suzie and sennafan. Direct words from them. Happy?

ps. I have no will to argue. This utter disrespect for our current drivers is awful.

Nero Horse
12th March 2015, 21:15
This utter disrespect for our current drivers is awful.

Yep, tend to agree. Unfortunately some people on here still haven't gotten over the fact that Alonso and Massa are gone. The farewell ceremony to them is apparently a very long one.

Greig
12th March 2015, 21:21
Yep, tend to agree. Unfortunately some people on here still haven't gotten over the fact that Alonso and Massa are gone. The farewell ceremony to them is apparently a very long one.

Good point, we should never ever have any sort of feelings for the history of Ferrari, how terrible that is. Let's make everyone believe this weekend is Ferrari's 1st ever GP.

Nero Horse
12th March 2015, 21:24
Good point, we should never ever have any sort of feelings for the history of Ferrari, how terrible that is. Let's make everyone believe this weekend is Ferrari's 1st ever GP.

That's not what I meant and you know it.

Greig
12th March 2015, 21:25
So what did you mean?

Dromedary
12th March 2015, 21:27

"don't be making things up" and this is your best effort? LOL

Greig
12th March 2015, 21:33
"don't be making things up" and this is your best effort? LOL

And I have no will to argue.

Dromedary
12th March 2015, 21:35
And I have no will to argue.

You got me here mate. Forza Ferrari! Right?

Suzie
12th March 2015, 21:59
That meh bleh was directed to likes of Suzie and sennafan. Direct words from them. Happy?

I am so thrilled that you feel SORRY for me due to the fact that I regard our new line-up as a massive pile of BLEH. It's because I have the right to exercise this wee thing called 'personal choice'. And I don't disrespect either of them - I don't dislike Seb at all and have said in another thread that I think he will do well. Are you sure you're not just peeved because everyone else doesn't support Kimi? I didn't care for him the first time at Ferrari and I have even less interest in him the second time around.

Thanks for your concern though :wave

Dromedary
12th March 2015, 22:30
I am so thrilled that you feel SORRY for me due to the fact that I regard our new line-up as a massive pile of BLEH. It's because I have the right to exercise this wee thing called 'personal choice'. And I don't disrespect either of them - I don't dislike Seb at all and have said in another thread that I think he will do well. Are you sure you're not just peeved because everyone else doesn't support Kimi? I didn't care for him the first time at Ferrari and I have even less interest in him the second time around.

Thanks for your concern though :wave

Nice one. I learn something new every day. So far I've learned that it is ok to call our current driver and last WDC a slow drunk. Sorry I meant WDC is a Hitler card Kimi LOL. I might be "peeved" because this forum is filled with members like you that apparently can't support our both drivers. I was quite sure that I was in the right place when I joined this forum but not anymore. Let's see how this how this goes this weekend. Should I stay or should I go.

Greig
12th March 2015, 22:43
Just go if you are going to get this worked up, there is no requirement to support anyone when joining here and I have no idea why you joined to dictate to our members who they should like.

Tony
12th March 2015, 22:53
Everybody has expressed who is their favorite Ferrari driver.

Now let me ask you... Who's your less favorite Ferrari driver of all time?

Didier Pironi :-s

Dromedary
12th March 2015, 23:01
Just go if you are going to get this worked up, there is no requirement to support anyone when joining here and I have no idea why you joined to dictate to our members who they should like.

That's cool. I will support Kimi and Sebastian and Ferrari F1 in general. I hope this is accepted behaviour on this forum before I have to leave.

edit. to comment the topic. Hamilton, welcome. I hope it is 2017 after a fierce battle between Kimi and Seb of WDC 2016. Hamilton is among the best and should drive Ferrari F1.

fratelliferrari
12th March 2015, 23:14
That's cool. I will support Kimi and Sebastian and Ferrari F1 in general. I hope this is accepted behaviour on this forum before I have to leave.

edit. to comment the topic. Hamilton, welcome. I hope it is 2017 after a fierce battle between Kimi and Seb of WDC 2016. Hamilton is among the best and should drive Ferrari F1.

What is your whole problem? I respect both Seb and Kimi but if I could choose I would want Felipe back immediately, is that problem for you as well?

Dromedary
12th March 2015, 23:38
What is your whole problem? I respect both Seb and Kimi but if I could choose I would want Felipe back immediately, is that problem for you as well?

Nope. If Ferrari want to hire Felipe that's fine. My initial concern when I read this thread that the people have huge difficulties to support our drivers. I do and once again I have to ask is this behaviour that is not accepted? Should I shout hail Schumi, hail Rubens, hail Massa, hail Alonso and boo Kimi to be more accepted?

Alonso14
13th March 2015, 00:20
The biggest joke is that Hamilton needs Mercedes more than Mercedes needs Hamilton!

It's always the case with dominant cars. Just like Senna/Prosto needed McLaren more than vice versa in the late 80s, or Prost in 93' or Seb in 10-13, etc.

I'm far from a Hamilton fan but him joining would not be the end of the world. I find his personality and statements generally irritating but his quality of driving is no doubt there.

Winter
13th March 2015, 00:47
I have a feeling that next Ferrari driver will be one of the fresh ones. Ricciardo, Bottas or maybe even Kviat, if he is as good as I think he is.

Alonso14
13th March 2015, 01:03
I have a feeling that next Ferrari driver will be one of the fresh ones. Ricciardo, Bottas or maybe even Kviat, if he is as good as I think he is.

Hm, I'm not sure. I think Kimi has 2 more years at most (regardless of performance) before he retires and I doubt we'd bring the big guns (at the time) to partner Seb. I'd put my money on Fisi/Webber-level of driver to succeed Kimi.

Stormsearcher
13th March 2015, 07:47
Nope. If Ferrari want to hire Felipe that's fine. My initial concern when I read this thread that the people have huge difficulties to support our drivers. I do and once again I have to ask is this behaviour that is not accepted? Should I shout hail Schumi, hail Rubens, hail Massa, hail Alonso and boo Kimi to be more accepted?

hmmm... yeah. i think it will help. :lol

jus kidding. You can support whoever you like, just stop telling others what to do. All will be good. :-D

Stormsearcher
13th March 2015, 07:49
Hm, I'm not sure. I think Kimi has 2 more years at most (regardless of performance) before he retires and I doubt we'd bring the big guns (at the time) to partner Seb. I'd put my money on Fisi/Webber-level of driver to succeed Kimi.

In 2 yrs, that will be the Hulk.

Winter
13th March 2015, 08:21

Unless Kimi drives the season of his life and the car is developed to be a real Merc challenger by end of the year I think he retires after this one. And I guess and hope that Sergio and Arrivabene wants the best available driver when the time comes. It would not only be good for us, but also less goods for others.

vecchiasignora
13th March 2015, 09:50
He will only join if vettel fails here, like alonso failed to open door for vettel..

so i hope he doesn't join.i want success

tpe
13th March 2015, 10:40
The fact that LH says that, makes it clear that he will drive fro SF sooner or later.

ferrari4life
13th March 2015, 13:18
Nice one. I learn something new every day. So far I've learned that it is ok to call our current driver and last WDC a slow drunk. Sorry I meant WDC is a Hitler card Kimi LOL. I might be "peeved" because this forum is filled with members like you that apparently can't support our both drivers. I was quite sure that I was in the right place when I joined this forum but not anymore. Let's see how this how this goes this weekend. Should I stay or should I go.

This thread is not really even about our current drivers. Its about Hamilton. Its about how some people on here believe that because Hamilton has a social life that is not based on their definition of "Choir Boy" he should not drive for Ferrari in the future. Never mind that he is fast and one of the best, never mind that Alonso is probably the best driver out there. Ferrari (FIAT since Ferrari make no more decisions) choose their drivers based on how much community work and hand holding they do not based on how good a driver is and their ability to win.

Brembo
13th March 2015, 16:09
So what did you mean?

I guess some fans don't want to ever again hear about the past drivers, Michael , Rubens[for sure] , Massa Alonso. and so on. It's old news to them. As you said , no feelings for the past. There just tired of those names comming up here. Terrible indeed !

ferrari4life
13th March 2015, 16:35
I guess some fans don't want to ever again hear about the past drivers, Michael , Rubens[for sure] , Massa Alonso. and so on. It's old news to them. As you said , no feelings for the past. There just tired of those names comming up here. Terrible indeed !

i think there is a difference when you talk about past drivers. depending on what they did after the left Ferrari. For example with all the glory MS achieved with Ferrari there was no need to drive for Merc. I felt that almost disrespected us in a way. Similarly with Alonso and Massa. Now in some years I am sure we will forget that minor lack of judgement after leaving Ferrari and continue to praise their time over here.

wickedf1
13th March 2015, 18:01
The fact that LH says that, makes it clear that he will drive fro SF sooner or later.

If you go to the German website, they are always saying they want Sebastian to drive in Mercedes so they have all German driver in German team. But you don't hear Seb telling to the media that his countrymen are always saying that to him because it would be very bad taste to talk about taking seat of the champion.

That is what Hamilton is doing right now he is showing bad taste to talk like he is being invited to take Kimi's seat. I don't care if it is true and I don't care if it is helping his negotiation it is terrible bad taste for him to talk this way. I wish this thread stops talking about giving Kimi's seat away. I wish the people were more loyal to their last champion and not always looking for who can fill his seat. It is very sad to read! :-s

Nero Horse
13th March 2015, 18:28

What is terrible is that you're clueless lol. I personally have absolutely nothing against people talking about Michael, Rubens, Massa, Alonso and etc. I highly respect all Ferrari drivers, past and present. And the past of Ferrari is just as important to me as the present. I just don't like how some of the Alonso and Massa fans here disrespect the current Ferrari drivers and talk about them with disdain, that is all. Surely there's a way to be a fan of one driver without disrespecting the other drivers. Now that that's cleared up, message me if you want to talk about Rubens, I'll gladly remeniss some of the wonderful moments that he delivered while driving for Ferrari. I fondly remember that German GP in 2000 which brought Rubens his first win, what a drive that was, simply fantastic.

dpiatto
13th March 2015, 19:15
It would certainly be a formidable line up if Hamilton joined alongside Vettel.
For me I couldn't care less about the driver & only about Ferrari getting back to winning again.
Need to keep on at Adrian Newey & Ross Brawn to come on board.
Target 2017 both titles.

Winter
13th March 2015, 21:34

As Kimi were pretty much banned name until it was 100% sure that he'll join the team again :-)

Brembo
14th March 2015, 02:38
He will only join if vettel fails here, like alonso failed to open door for vettel..

so i hope he doesn't join.i want success
Lewis might join Ferrari if Vettel fails here as you say , like what happened at Red Bull with Ricciardo causing Seb as you say to fail and take off.

abbottcostello
14th March 2015, 06:51
Lewis might join Ferrari if Vettel fails here as you say , like what happened at Red Bull with Ricciardo causing Seb as you say to fail and take off.
:rotfl:rotfl

DelMar
14th March 2015, 07:40
When he said failing he probably meant not winning squad in 5 years, instead of 4 WDC and 4 WCC in 6 years.

DIEK
14th March 2015, 15:22
http://hamilton-fr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/jet-lewis-hamilton.jpg

Look, if Ham already painted of red his plane! :lol

Brembo
14th March 2015, 16:42
When he said failing he probably meant not winning squad in 5 years, instead of 4 WDC and 4 WCC in 6 years.

You couldn't have said it better ! 2014 Seb failed, didn't win again, so he took off. We think alike !

Fireblade
14th March 2015, 16:49

Man, your hatred of Vettel is starting to look downright obsessive. What did he ever do yo you?

Winter
14th March 2015, 20:02
"Italian fans now stop me and say "come to Ferrari"!!" Hey Italian fans! Stop doing that please!

Prancing Bear
14th March 2015, 21:15
This thread is not really even about our current drivers. Its about Hamilton. Its about how some people on here believe that because Hamilton has a social life that is not based on their definition of "Choir Boy" he should not drive for Ferrari in the future. Never mind that he is fast and one of the best, never mind that Alonso is probably the best driver out there. Ferrari (FIAT since Ferrari make no more decisions) choose their drivers based on how much community work and hand holding they do not based on how good a driver is and their ability to win.

Well said. I've never understood why so many on here dislike his image, who he dates, and/or what he does away from the circuit. There are and have been many a driver with a less than sterling reputation, yet for some reason Lewis is held to an often times unfair standard. Boggles the mind. The kid is quick and for me that's all that really matters. It's not like he'sasking for your daughters hand Iin marriage.

Brembo
14th March 2015, 21:48
Well said. I've never understood why so many on here dislike his image, who he dates, and/or what he does away from the circuit. There are and have been many a driver with a less than sterling reputation, yet for some reason Lewis is held to an often times unfair standard. Boggles the mind. The kid is quick and for me that's all that really matters. It's not like he'sasking for your daughters hand Iin marriage.

No9 truer words ever spoken! I feel the same way. P>S> Whoever"s daughter should only be so lucky !

Brembo
14th March 2015, 22:00
Man, your hatred of Vettel is starting to look downright obsessive. What did he ever do yo you?

I never like to use the word hatred and won't. My posts are to the fans here not Seb. Downright as you say obsessive " dislike" by Seb's new and old fans here; for anyone speaking well of Massa, Alonso , Lewis by Vettel fans here is overwhelming at times. What goes around comes around. Seb's cool and I wish him the best. But folks need to chill out. The boy hasn't raced not one lap for Ferrari yet and he's up for F1 Sainthood ! I hope it applies to him , end of season.

F312T4
14th March 2015, 22:31
"Italian fans now stop me and say "come to Ferrari"!!" Hey Italian fans! Stop doing that please!

I am italian. If I met Hamilton, I'd tell him to stay there :lol

seriously, he is a great driver but I think Seb is better. Moreover I am pretty sure he wouldn't be a good choice for Ferrari. He looks to be what you call a "first lady" (and Alonso is very similar) but historically to do well in Ferrari you must be a team leader first of all (just think at Lauda and Schumacher)

Brembo
15th March 2015, 04:00
I am italian. If I met Hamilton, I'd tell him to stay there :lol

seriously, he is a great driver but I think Seb is better. Moreover I am pretty sure he wouldn't be a good choice for Ferrari. He looks to be what you call a "first lady" (and Alonso is very similar) but historically to do well in Ferrari you must be a team leader first of all (just think at Lauda and Schumacher)

We all have our choices of drivers with regards to who we would like @ Ferrari. Alonso IMO was for sure a team leader bringing the car he had all year up front best he could, giving 100% with what he had and with who he had to work with before most of them got dismissed. And in Lewis case what needs to be said ? What more of a team leader can he be? He won the WDC for Merc. Seb as of now is Ferrari's ' First Lady ' getting praised as a team leader etc. without driving not one lap in a race for Ferrari so far.

F312T4
15th March 2015, 07:13
We all have our choices of drivers with regards to who we would like @ Ferrari. Alonso IMO was for sure a team leader bringing the car he had all year up front best he could, giving 100% with what he had and with who he had to work with before most of them got dismissed. And in Lewis case what needs to be said ? What more of a team leader can he be? He won the WDC for Merc. Seb as of now is Ferrari's ' First Lady ' getting praised as a team leader etc. without driving not one lap in a race for Ferrari so far.

let's say Tombazis, Fry etc would have been sacked years ago, if only Alonso let that happens. And IMHO Ham is similar. the atmosphere in the pits is far different now with Vettel and Raikkonen

DelMar
15th March 2015, 07:20
Aldo Costa, who is now very successful as Mercedes F1's Engineering Director was also with Ferrari before being sacked...

Brembo
15th March 2015, 22:28
After driving a full race with Ferrari Seb deserves to be praised every which way! To me it's like he came in 1st. Lewis beware !!

Suzie
15th March 2015, 22:59
let's say Tombazis, Fry etc would have been sacked years ago, if only Alonso let that happens. And IMHO Ham is similar. the atmosphere in the pits is far different now with Vettel and Raikkonen

I wonder where Pat Fry is, or will end up.

Seeing Andrea Stella in McLaren gear this weekend was extremely weird.

cokata
15th March 2015, 23:01

If i have to guess, i would put money on Williams.

F312T4
15th March 2015, 23:29
Aldo Costa, who is now very successful as Mercedes F1's Engineering Director was also with Ferrari before being sacked...

Aldo Costa was sacked after being accused of clipping Tombazis wings :roll:lol

F312T4
15th March 2015, 23:31

far from Maranello :clap :clap 4 me that's enough

Suzie
16th March 2015, 10:26
If i have to guess, i would put money on Williams.

OH GOD PLEASE NO

Mollydog
19th March 2015, 04:44
sadly the day he comes to Ferrari to drive is the day I stop supporting Ferrrari

ManFromMilan
19th March 2015, 08:18
sadly the day he comes to Ferrari to drive is the day I stop supporting Ferrrari

Still don't see Ferrari making such a disaster in choosing him for a driver ever.

giodap
19th March 2015, 13:23
Mar.19 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Lewis Hamilton has had contact with Ferrari, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff has admitted.
Paddock rumours in Australia suggested that, as he conducts his own negotiations for a new contract beyond 2015, the British driver had been in touch with Ferrari.
Wolff doesn’t deny it.
“Sure, Lewis has had contact with Ferrari,” he confirmed to Germany’s Sport Bild, before grinning: “He has just bought a LaFerrari.”
LaFerrari is an ultra-rare Ferrari supercar, so it is interesting that Hamilton – the reigning world champion for Mercedes – has so openly bought one.
Indeed, long before Sebastian Vettel’s move from Red Bull, the German bought a Ferrari road car but had to keep it a secret.
But Wolff said of Hamilton’s purchase: “We have no problem with that.”
Indeed, both sides say they are now close to agreeing terms for a new Mercedes contract for 2016 and beyond.
But if Hamilton were to leave Mercedes, the most coveted cockpit in F1 would open up and Wolff has already said Fernando Alonso is in pole position to fill it.
Eric Boullier, boss of the struggling McLaren-Honda team, told Spain’s El Pais newspaper he is “not at all” worried the Spaniard could jump ship to Mercedes after just a single year.

Ed Harley
19th March 2015, 13:31
...Eric Boullier, boss of the struggling McLaren-Honda team, told Spain’s El Pais newspaper he is “not at all” worried the Spaniard could jump ship to Mercedes after just a single year.
According to Mr Dennis Alonso's contract does not have exit clause so perhaps that is the reason why Mr Boullier is not worried. :Hmm

Rob
19th March 2015, 13:33
According to Mr Dennis Alonso's contract does not have exit clause so perhaps that is the reason why Mr Boullier is not worried. :Hmm

contracts mean. nothing in F1, we all know that.

Hornet
19th March 2015, 13:59
Mar.19 (GMM/Inautonews.com) Lewis Hamilton has had contact with Ferrari, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff has admitted.
Paddock rumours in Australia suggested that, as he conducts his own negotiations for a new contract beyond 2015, the British driver had been in touch with Ferrari.
Wolff doesn’t deny it.
“Sure, Lewis has had contact with Ferrari,” he confirmed to Germany’s Sport Bild, before grinning: “He has just bought a LaFerrari.”
LaFerrari is an ultra-rare Ferrari supercar, so it is interesting that Hamilton – the reigning world champion for Mercedes – has so openly bought one.
Indeed, long before Sebastian Vettel’s move from Red Bull, the German bought a Ferrari road car but had to keep it a secret.
But Wolff said of Hamilton’s purchase: “We have no problem with that.”
Indeed, both sides say they are now close to agreeing terms for a new Mercedes contract for 2016 and beyond.
But if Hamilton were to leave Mercedes, the most coveted cockpit in F1 would open up and Wolff has already said Fernando Alonso is in pole position to fill it.
Eric Boullier, boss of the struggling McLaren-Honda team, told Spain’s El Pais newspaper he is “not at all” worried the Spaniard could jump ship to Mercedes after just a single year.

If I was Lewis, after taking another title with Merc, I would take a leap of faith and move to Ferrari for a final title. He's won a title with McLaren and Mercedes, if he takes another title with Ferrari, he could claim to have won with these 3 huge teams. That would be quite an achievement to any driver's name.

erikejw
19th March 2015, 16:10
If I was Lewis, after taking another title with Merc, I would take a leap of faith and move to Ferrari for a final title. He's won a title with McLaren and Mercedes, if he takes another title with Ferrari, he could claim to have won with these 3 huge teams. That would be quite an achievement to any driver's name.

Agree. Either it is to push the new Mercedes deal to new highs or he is opening a door for his future. Have anyone won WDC with 3 teams?

Fireblade
19th March 2015, 17:17
Regardless of whether you like or loath Hamilton, the chances of him coming to Ferrari next year are nil. And the chances of him coming the year after that are very slim. So all this is just "silly season" type speculation.

1) He's not going to want to come here next year. No driver in his right mind is going to walk away from the most dominant car in the history of F1.
2) Whatever contract he signs with Mercedes is not going to allow him to come here next year.

The only scenario in which he makes an early exit from Mercedes is if there is some bitter personal dispute between him and Merc management, similar to what occurred with Alonso and McLaren in 2007. But if that has not surfaced in his last two seasons at Merc I can't see it happening now.

Ed Harley
19th March 2015, 17:20
...Have anyone won WDC with 3 teams?
Fangio and Piquet.

Nero Horse
19th March 2015, 17:29
sadly the day he comes to Ferrari to drive is the day I stop supporting Ferrari

Sad to hear that your support for Ferrari is so brittle that it will only take hiring a driver that you don't like to stop supporting the team completely.

DIEK
19th March 2015, 20:59

https://scontent-mad.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t51.2885-15/e15/10956669_1582148902033197_1098061061_n.jpg

No please! :-D