PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull & Renault considering leaving F1

steelstallions
27th March 2015, 21:57
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118238

Renault admits it is considering leaving Formula 1, prompting Red Bull to suggest it could do likewise if its engine partner pulled out of the world championship.

Tensions over Renault's F1 plans were already high as it pondered whether it should create its own works outfit again.

Red Bull team boss Christian Horner also complained that the French firm's engine programme was in a "bit of a mess" following a poor Australian Grand Prix display.

Renault's motorsport chief Cyril Abiteboul had initially insisted that the company had no intention of leaving F1, but he changed his stance on Friday in an FIA press conference.

Speaking while sat between Horner and fellow Renault-powered F1 team chief Franz Tost of Toro Rosso, Abiteboul said a complete exit could be on the cards.

"I can confirm that we are looking at a lot of options, including getting out of Formula 1," said Abiteboul.

"Honestly, if Formula 1 is that bad for Renault's reputation, if we see that we struggle with the current formula, if Formula 1 is not delivering the value that it costs Renault bearing in mind that when you have an engine supplier, you have no financial incentive to develop and fund engine development, then this is what we're looking at.

Time they let F1, be what it always was, the best you can make and state of the art. Not last years engine to be run for two years without any changes!

Greig
27th March 2015, 22:00
Renault is just saying that because Red Bull are blaming them for not winning, when they were winning they gave Renault very little if any credit.

Dino
27th March 2015, 22:42
Renault is just saying that because Red Bull are blaming them for not winning, when they were winning they gave Renault very little if any credit.

Like i always said to my F1 Red Bull friends.
When Christian Horner/Adrian Newey /Helmut Marko win a race it is always Red Bull that won.
When Christian Horner/Adrian Newey /Helmut Marko lose a race it is always because of Renault!!

ARUN M KARUNAN
28th March 2015, 01:39
Hearing this quiting threat of renualt-redbull..I feel proud and respect to manor and sauber.

Giallo 550
28th March 2015, 01:45
Good riddance. I would be happy to have Ferrari take Ricciardo off their hands.

ManFromMilan
28th March 2015, 02:25
Good riddance. I would be happy to have Ferrari take Ricciardo off their hands.

:thumb Agree

fmatiasii
28th March 2015, 05:45
blah, blah, blah blah......i have heard enough of Horner's complaining and whining.

tifosi1993
28th March 2015, 05:46
I blame the engine homologation rules , that don't allow you to change or fixing problems of your PU.

This type of rules shouldn't exist in F1.

fmatiasii
28th March 2015, 05:53
I blame the engine homologation rules , that don't allow you to change or fixing problems of your PU.

This type of rules shouldn't exist in F1.

i agree 100%

stefa
28th March 2015, 07:38
Like a spoiled little brats they are! When they were winning everything was fine, and now thy don't want to play any more... Brats!!! Be a man and stand tall in a victory and also in a defeat!

Greig
28th March 2015, 07:39
Like a spoiled little brats they are! When they were winning everything was fine, and now thy don't want to play any more... Brats!!! Be a man and stand tall in a victory and also in a defeat!

To be fair Red Bull said they will have to leave if Renault leave as they will have no engines. If Renault do leave then F1 is in trouble.

Ed Harley
28th March 2015, 08:04
I don't think it is not so much about winning or losing per se but that given the current set of rules you have practically very little you can do during a season if the engine should have for example fundamental flaws. But said set of rules are the same for everybody. Apart from Mercedes if what Mr Ecclestone has said is true.

On the other hand there have been rumours of Renault buying Toro Rosso so who knows what the future brings.

vcs316
28th March 2015, 08:09
To be fair Red Bull said they will have to leave if Renault leave as they will have no engines. If Renault do leave then F1 is in trouble.

Red Bull might switch to Honda. Also, Renault may buy out Torro Rosso (thats the latest rumour)

fratelliferrari
28th March 2015, 09:10
That face of Ron Dennis is priceless :rotfl

fratelliferrari
28th March 2015, 09:20
Bye bye Mclaren :wave

fratelliferrari
28th March 2015, 09:30
Kimi :-s

Greig
28th March 2015, 09:31
Think you are in the wrong thread :-)

fratelliferrari
28th March 2015, 09:33
Think you are in the wrong thread :-)

LOL sorry Greig I already thought so few people reacted oeps :oops

wisepie
28th March 2015, 12:40
Renault have been criticised by RB but in Malaysia quali, their pace didn't seem too bad, splitting many of the Merc-powered cars before the rain arrived. And how would Red Bull feel about Renault trying to form their own team out of TR, and about their young drivers, who at the moment seem to be pretty impressive. Interesting.:Hmm

Rob
28th March 2015, 12:50
Renault have been criticised by RB but in Malaysia quali, their pace didn't seem too bad, splitting many of the Merc-powered cars before the rain arrived. And how would Red Bull feel about Renault trying to form their own team out of TR, and about their young drivers, who at the moment seem to be pretty impressive. Interesting.:Hmm

I hope Renault do buy TR, just to rub it into RBR. Instead of trying to blame Renault, they should work along with them and try to sort it out. RBR motto "if we not winning, we will leave, try get teams to feel sorry for us"

Greig
28th March 2015, 12:52
Red Bull have not said they will leave because they are not winning, they said they would probably have to leave if Renault leave which is a bit different.

Rob
28th March 2015, 12:55
Red Bull have not said they will leave because they are not winning, they said they would probably have to leave if Renault leave which is a bit different.

they did say after Melbourne, if nothing is done, they may think about leaving. As, if read between the lines, loosing isnt on their marketing agenda.

Greig
28th March 2015, 12:57
they did say after Melbourne, if nothing is done, they may think about leaving. As, if read between the lines, loosing isnt on their marketing agenda.

An idle threat much like Ferrari have done in the past :-)

Rob
28th March 2015, 13:04
An idle threat much like Ferrari have done in the past :-)

yeah true mate.

Just dont understand why all the finger pointing, we need them to get up with us to take the fight to those silver Mercs,

PAL
28th March 2015, 17:17
Like a spoiled little brats they are! When they were winning everything was fine, and now thy don't want to play any more... Brats!!! Be a man and stand tall in a victory and also in a defeat!+1: goodpoint

RedRebel40
28th March 2015, 17:44
Lol, Renault were the ones asking for this new engine formula.

Greig
28th March 2015, 17:53
They did not want these engines though :-)

wisepie
28th March 2015, 17:54
yeah true mate.

Just dont understand why all the finger pointing, we need them to get up with us to take the fight to those silver Mercs,

They're just passing the buck to Renault for their lack-lustre performance so far compared to previous years. I also agree with tifosi1993 that the engine homologation/freeze is pathetic and doesn't help F1 losing its appeal to fans and engine manufacturers. Ferrari are at least now making some progress, but Merc's advantage is spoiling the show.

PadGeT
28th March 2015, 17:56
Yup, they wanted inline v4 turbos. But that was vehemently opposed by Ferrari.

Rob
28th March 2015, 19:43
Lol, Renault were the ones asking for this new engine formula.

they didnt, Merc, BMW and Honda were, and look what happened to 2 of those teams. But Merc still kept pushing, now look whats happened. Renault wanted to keep V8s.

Rob
28th March 2015, 19:50
They're just passing the buck to Renault for their lack-lustre performance so far compared to previous years. I also agree with tifosi1993 that the engine homologation/freeze is pathetic and doesn't help F1 losing its appeal to fans and engine manufacturers. Ferrari are at least now making some progress, but Merc's advantage is spoiling the show.

the whole tightening up the rules and aero regs is hurting F1, i understand "costs" but look at WEC, alot of different engines, different solutions, and it works. Plus they can go testing.

Ok, fair play to Merc for this performance, but to what cost? motorsport fans, who enjoy watching other series with close racing like to see that in F1, and understand BoP or handing other teams more room to develope than Merc to help close gap and make the series better as a spectacle and for the fans. Yes i enjoyed our 2000-2004 years, but it was different then.

GreenTree
29th March 2015, 14:15
:-(:lol

http://i.imgur.com/Npa9xsL.jpg?1

Sriharsha
29th March 2015, 14:20

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Perfect Fitting for horner His old boy got the win and his sister team out performed them

Nero Horse
29th March 2015, 14:25

hahahaa! :haha:

Interesting to think that the same team's cars with which Vettel was winning just a few years ago got both lapped today by Vettel driving a Ferrari. What an ironic twist of fate lol. :-D

KimiBot
29th March 2015, 14:31
that is comedy

Nero Horse
29th March 2015, 16:11
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQH0HJSqrzg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/v/t1.0-9/11046452_829738193768176_8986975131763206874_n.jpg ?oh=c9ad2fddde3ae58e0b00f8bd7b030e09&oe=55AB46F6&__gda__=1433494826_9a4ec4cac2176c830acd228b7c89111 c

TigerKing
2nd April 2015, 18:26
Red Bull wont switch to Honda. Honda made it clear that they will be focused on McLaren and are uninterested in supplying another team, especially one who blames their engine for a bad race and has Infiniti (Nissan, a rival of Honda) as the title sponsor.
I say let Red Bull quit and let Audi join. That would make the grid:
Ferrari, Mercedes, Audi (Auto Union in the glory days!), Williams, McLaren-Honda, Lotus, Renault (from Toro Rosso), Sauber, Force India and Manor.
The first 7 teams are legendary manufacturers of the past. Tell Mateschitz to leave F1 for the teams and keep with skydiving to sell his disgusting beverage.