PDA

View Full Version : Race thoughts

Tifoso
29th March 2015, 22:28
1. Heck of a drive by both of the boys. Kimi was stunning. :-)
2. Ferrari's pace seems to be for real. :-)
3. As was mentioned on NBC, the Ferrari seems to be very easy on its tires :-)
4. Vettel won me over. You can't fake that passion . Schumi-esque. Looking forward to the Vettel years. Pure class. :-)
5. I like our chances for both titles. :wine

Over to you, amici. :-):ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

Tifoso
29th March 2015, 22:44
BTW, nice work on the subforum pic Greig fratello. :-)

Module
29th March 2015, 22:54
1. Seeing a dream come true

We all know how Vettel is close to a fanatic fan of Schumacher and Ferrari. When the Italian anthem started he almost at times did as Schumacher conducting it and my thought was of a child imagining himself being Shumacher infront of a mirror for years and suddenly finding himself doing it for real. You could see how he just didn't know how to act after all that's happened, being overwhelmed.

I'm a Finn, a Häkkinen fan, a Kimi fan, a Bottas, Heikki, Rosberg fan but never have i felt so much passion in one victory as today

Tifoso
29th March 2015, 22:57
1. Seeing a dream come true

We all know how Vettel is close to a fanatic fan of Schumacher and Ferrari. When the Italian anthem started he almost at times did as Schumacher conducting it and my thought was of a child imagining himself being Shumacher infront of a mirror for years and suddenly finding himself doing it for real. You could see how he just didn't know how to act after all that's happened, being overwhelmed.

I'm a Finn, a Häkkinen fan, a Kimi fan, a Bottas, Heikki, Rosberg fan but never have i felt so much passion in one victory as today
Nicely put. :-)
Welcome aboard, amico mio :wine

Module
29th March 2015, 23:03
Nicely put. :-)
Welcome aboard, amico mio :wine

TY

Here's hoping he'll get bored doing it each race (with some Kimi victories in between)

fmatiasii
29th March 2015, 23:42
Almost a perfect race for us if only kimi landed also on the podium, but nevertheless we won this one. I believe we are now a force to reckon with but I am still a bit cautious pending the results of the next 2-3 races, as JA said it may have favored us in hot temps but unsure in cold temps. So let's keep our fingers crossed for the next race and hope that another "finger" will show again. :-) :clap

killer
30th March 2015, 01:57
Kinda in between the options, Lou.

If you consider where we are coming from, the step up is massive. I am also really beginning to see proof of the team's new-found spirit and drive: Seb, James, and Maurizio in tears yesterday summed things up perfectly. But we still need to consider that these are very early days and remain with the cautious optimism that has gotten us results so far.

Considering the performance showed in the Malaysian GP, I like our chances for 3 of the next 5 grands prix: Bahrain, Spain, and Canada. China and Monaco should be interesting, but as long as we are within shot of a podium or solid points it should bode well for us through 2015.

MJ
30th March 2015, 02:29
I like our chances in races with hot temperatures. We have the pace given the tire degradation as shown in Malaysia. It remains to be seen though on what we can do in cooler temperatures. Here's hoping that we have something that allows us to set-up our tires perfectly in any given condition..

abbottcostello
30th March 2015, 03:41
I don't want my feet to leave the ground just yet! Mercedes will respond, no denying we've improved on all aspects though.

vcs316
30th March 2015, 04:04
We have taken a good step forward and to win so convincingly at Malaysia has put me in good spirits for the rest of the week. But I would not burden the team with expectations of winning every race this season. As Maurizio said, this is a re-building year and a couple of wins would mean the target/goal for the year is achieved.

PS: It was extremely satisfying to win on merit rather than rely on DNFs from the Mercs.

Hornet
30th March 2015, 04:45
Kinda in between the options, Lou.

Same here. Not quite thinking about the titles yet, but the performance has certainly changed for the better.

Nand0Nand0
30th March 2015, 07:01
I'm definitely option 1.

On the weekend we showed we "have a chance", so what's not to like about that :-)

As I mentioned elsewhere, we are one really good round of upgrades away from being right at the pointy end of every race on our merits and we are only at the start of the season - even more to like about those possibilities IMO.

Cheers for the poll :wine

Brembo
30th March 2015, 07:18
We won !! Ferrari Car and Driver better than Merc car and driver. It's actually 2015 and we won. Both championships can be ours in 2015. Ferrari fans "Gotta Believe!" It's allowed esp. here. Please, no more wait untill next year talk. A podium and a win in 2 races !!! :rotfl Merc too strong: rotfl unbeatable: rotfl

stefa
30th March 2015, 07:19
Same here. Not quite thinking about the titles yet, but the performance has certainly changed for the better.

Definitely early stages yet for titles. This year is renewal. Poles, wins, strong races. But next.... :-)

Brembo
30th March 2015, 07:34
We changed for the better 1st race with a podium, now we are the best 2nd race with a win. Ferrari is renewed for 2015. Kimmi 4th. One Ferrari and 2 mercs, the only one's ahead of him inspite of all he went through!

Ferrarichamp
30th March 2015, 08:35
Let's hope Pirelli don't make any drastic changes. At the very least we should get more wins this year.

Sriharsha
30th March 2015, 08:47
We led 32 laps in 2014 but by race 2 in 2015 we led 45 laps. more lead laps please with most importantly the final lap in the lead.

modza
30th March 2015, 09:32
credit must be given to Stefano Domenicali for signing Allison, Marco Mattiacci releasing some key figures and Montezemolo for letting Alonso go. It all changed Ferrari for good.

FerrariSteve
30th March 2015, 10:36
I voted nothing has changed, mainly because as amazing and wonderful yesterday was, I think in a way we got lucky from Merc bad strategy calls.

I think we are the 2nd best team pace wise but I still think Merc are way out ahead. (Although I'd be very VERY happy to be wrong)

Dino
30th March 2015, 12:12
Here we go again.Ferrari has made a huge step forward but Mercedes still has a significant advantage.
This Poll should include another option.
1.............I really like our chances
2.............Nothing has changed, really
3.............Seems we will catch Mercedes sooner than we thought.

raylinds
30th March 2015, 13:57
Lou,
I agree with you and Vettel has won me over, as well. He has both the passion and the skills to lead Ferrari back to the top.

REDARMYSOJA
30th March 2015, 14:23

Seems to be the key. Let's all hope for a long hot summer.

4. Vettel won me over. You can't fake that passion . Schumi-esque. Looking forward to the Vettel years. Pure class. :-)

He never had to win me over, he just had to get with the right team. I've been a fan since he was a Friday driver for BMW.

I'm not getting that excited, yet.

Nero Horse
30th March 2015, 15:49
Voted for the 1st option. I'm always hoping for the best and our chances do look good for sure, perhaps not quite "title winning" good just yet, but definitely good. We're already in a much, much better position than what could have been reasonable to expect after the kind of season we had last year. The progress we've made over the past four months has really been super impressive. I mean let's put things into perspective here, just think back to where we were during last season, not in a good position, to say the least. And look where we are now. Amazing. Kudos to Marchionne and Maurizio for making all these key changes within our team, cause they sure seem to be working a treat.

The car is good and fast... we've got two great drivers... we've got the aerodynamics wizard James Allison and Maurizio Arrivabene (who has been really excellent TP so far)... the whole team is reinvigorated and full of confidence... so everything seems to be going in the right direction and there are so many things to be happy about, and I'm sure that if this kind of positive atmosphere and progress continues then we'll be back to winning titles soon.

Really proud of the team! :clap :ferrarifl

fratelliferrari
30th March 2015, 15:56
I voted for the first option! What I saw yesterday was just amazing! Iam not sure how we will perform on other lay-out tracks, but I have a good feeling we will do good there too! As said by others we maybe won yesterday because of our 2 stop strategy and that this might not be possible at every track! They sure got a point there but at least it's very nice to know that our car is easy on the tires! That's an advantage we can build on further! Thereby I can't wait for the new PU that will be introduced in Barcelona :pray

paneristi
30th March 2015, 16:07
I just watched the race again, and this SF15-T somewhat reminds me of F2002; less powerful than BMW-Williams but was easy to drive fast and easy to set up. Only this time the opponent has better drivers (compared to then-BMW-Williams), better chassis, more rounded cars, while in 2002 we had a genius driver (Sebastian is a great one, but Michael was one of a kind).
My guess is the SF15-T is only slightly less powerful than Merc. I wish we can come up with more powerful engine soon. Hope and pray.

The Architect
30th March 2015, 17:08
Certainly a very encouraging result, but the conditions played to this Ferrari's strengths. There does appear to be an outright pace deficit to Mercedes though and it cannot be expected that Mercedes will have the same tyre degradation problems all season. I think it's too early to say whether the SF15-Tangerine can mount a serious challenge. I was however delighted with Vettel winning and the general feeling around the team. So much better than the cloud that seemed to hang over the team - even during the good times - that Alonso was around.

Tifoso
30th March 2015, 17:10
Yup. I know I'm going to anger the Alonso fanboys, but it sure seems that there has been an attitude change. Which is a great thing. :-)

Winter
30th March 2015, 17:30
Attitude change was welcome, but so would be some luck change for our lucky number 7, or maybe Kimster should change his number to something luckier like nr.13 :-??

Fireblade
30th March 2015, 19:15
As others have commented, the quiz needs more options. Things have certainly changed, but at this stage we're still short of mounting a genuine title challenge. However the pace of improvement has been impressive, and if ... IF! ... it continues then we may be in a title challenging position by the second half of the season.

REDARMYSOJA
30th March 2015, 19:39
Remember when many were laughing at Stefano in this photo? It has taken on a new meaning now.

http://i60.tinypic.com/711g6d.jpg

Rob
30th March 2015, 19:50
1. Heck of a drive by both of the boys. Kimi was stunning. :-)
2. Ferrari's pace seems to be for real. :-)

Over to you, amici. :-):ferrarifl:ferrarifl:ferrarifl

pretty much summed it all up there for me mio amico. Just goes to shw ow, we have an amazing building foundation, in car and team. :clap

Nero Horse
30th March 2015, 20:29
Attitude change was welcome, but so would be some luck change for our lucky number 7, or maybe Kimster should change his number to something luckier like nr.13 :-??

Yea, it would be really nice if Kimi could have a race weekend without any issues. And I think maybe Kimi should get a restraining order against the Saubers lol.

Brembo
30th March 2015, 22:42
Merc has the more hp. powerhose pu. with their top driver giving it his best. We came in first !! Kimi almost a podium. I'm :thumb

Liscia
30th March 2015, 23:51
Yesterday's ecstasy is only slightly diminished in me today! We are right to be proud
but it would be foolish to read too much into yesterday's success-leave the hubris to
Mercedes while Ferrari continues even-tempered and steady progress. I hope KR gets
on the podium soon and hopefully accompanied by SV. FORZA FERRARI!!!

killer
31st March 2015, 01:09
And I think maybe Kimi should get a restraining order against the Saubers lol.

Hahahaha

wickedf1
31st March 2015, 01:53
Yea, it would be really nice if Kimi could have a race weekend without any issues. And I think maybe Kimi should get a restraining order against the Saubers lol.

:lol: yes he should!! I wanted to clobber them in the weekend. :furious

Ferrari has to make special care for Kimi in China. The China fans will be balistic if Kimi gets another puncture!

wisepie
31st March 2015, 07:36
Voted for the 1st option. I'm always hoping for the best and our chances do look good for sure, perhaps not quite "title winning" good just yet, but definitely good. We're already in a much, much better position than what could have been reasonable to expect after the kind of season we had last year. The progress we've made over the past four months has really been super impressive. I mean let's put things into perspective here, just think back to where we were during last season, not in a good position, to say the least. And look where we are now. Amazing. Kudos to Marchionne and Maurizio for making all these key changes within our team, cause they sure seem to be working a treat.
Have to agree totally with your views, Nero Horse, no point repeating it although it would be well-deserved!

The car is good and fast... we've got two great drivers... we've got the aerodynamics wizard James Allison and Maurizio Arrivabene (who has been really excellent TP so far)... the whole team is reinvigorated and full of confidence... so everything seems to be going in the right direction and there are so many things to be happy about, and I'm sure that if this kind of positive atmosphere and progress continues then we'll be back to winning titles soon.

Really proud of the team! :clap :ferrarifl

racingbradley
31st March 2015, 09:48
It has to be the first option----Kimi & Seb great pairing :-)

WS6TransAm01
31st March 2015, 12:59
Im in the middle as well. I think Merc will still take both championships, but we may squeak out the 2 or 3 wins Arrivabene was talking about. I am sure there will be tracks where it will still look like 2014, but more often than not I think we will be giving close chase to the Mercs.

aroutis
31st March 2015, 14:01
I believe that the hard work and the changes in the team structure have start to show results; Australia was a sign and Malaysia is even a stronger sign of what is to come, as long as we keep working the same way.

I am keeping both feet on the ground, I do believe this is still an uphill battle, however, truth being told is that we're closer than I've expected, for sure.

I believe we'll see more than 2 victories, and I do think that we've been massively underplayed and I am happy for that.

ManFromMilan
2nd April 2015, 17:01
I really do like our chances now, but i also think there is still much more to be done.

But we are on the right track....

FFFerrari
2nd April 2015, 17:16
Bahrain seems ideal as the tyres are really tested there and the weather will be hot.

PURE PASSION
2nd April 2015, 17:36
I really like our chances!!!i believe that we are gonna challenge hard this championship and i predict that after the summer break and going to the last races,we will be the favorites!!!!!! i know that it sounds like over optimistic but i have this feeling since the beginning of winter testing!!!!
https://instagram.com/p/0-uJSgMoN-/

fratelliferrari
2nd April 2015, 21:05
I really like our chances!!!i believe that we are gonna challenge hard this championship and i predict that after the summer break and going to the last races,we will be the favorites!!!!!! i know that it sounds like over optimistic but i have this feeling since the beginning of winter testing!!!!
https://instagram.com/p/0-uJSgMoN-/

Nice photo LOL :lol