PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Malaysian GP - Nods and Nays

killer
30th March 2015, 02:26
Promised myself to put this back up only if we got to the top step again. I am so glad my wait is over.

:ferrarifl

Honor Roll
Driver of the race: Vettel
Honorable Mention: Raikkonen, Verstappen
Overtaking Move of the Race: On significance, both Ferraris on everyone they passed
Race High Point: Seeing how much the SF15-T can stretch its legs

Horror Roll
Driver off the Pace: Rosberg, Nasr
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Mercedes
Race Low Point(s): Nasr hitting Kimi

Your Take on the Race:

Very proud of the team--long may the positive trend continue. Was very emotional and that's what Ferrari is about, after all. Still thrilled about our performance.

Was an excellent race, lots of action end-to-end. We have very good rookies this year, I think.

Would it kill Kimi to be happy? 20th to 4th is a big thing. You did great, Kimi. Chin up.

Liked Brundle's thoughts during the last few laps, where he said something like how one has to wish that somehow Michael is seeing this.

The dip in Rosberg's performance since they took out over-the-radio driver coaching is apparent, he is also trying too hard off the track: the digs at Ferrari and Seb, podium interview were cringe-worthy.

Thought Lewis had a bit of a go at Nico during one of his post race interviews: "It's nice for the sport to see another winner (and I think) it also (will) make some people eat their words, after the last race." Keep at it, boys. :-D

fratelliferrari
30th March 2015, 06:43
Really happy we got this back! Can't remember we had anyone last year...

F1NAC
30th March 2015, 06:59
Because our drivers would be always in column drivers off the pace xD

Sriharsha
30th March 2015, 07:09
I would add Kimi along side Sebastian to be Driver of the weekend. Not his fault in 1st lap but he drove one stellar race from dead last to get P4. Underlining our car pace over the rest of field.

Ste
30th March 2015, 10:54
Honor Roll

Honorable Mention: Raikkonen, Sainz, Verstappen
Overtaking Move of the Race: Bottas on Massa
Race High Point: The win, the emotional Italian on the radio and the German and Italian anthems being played together again.

Horror Roll

Driver off the Pace: Perez
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Nasr, Kvyat
Race Low Point(s): Nasr taking out Kimi

Your Take on the Race

Races like this brings with it great news for Formula One - the media are happy and almost F1 fan is happy. Whoever you support, the race was brilliant and that is always the sign of something special.

I thought our race pace would be better than qualifying but I didn't think we would hold a torch to Mercedes - I was expecting a few tenths per lap deficit. To see our pace before the Safety Car surprised me and once Vettel bolted after it I couldn't believe his pace! It wasn't until half distance when I started to believe what was happening.

I said previously that Kimi seems like a totally new person this year, now he knows he's got a car and a team that's rejuvenated and to his liking so I was gutted to see him put so far back. The SC helped him too but Nasr being so far off the back of the pack didn't - I reckon without the puncture he'd have been another 20s down the road, with no damage. I firmly believe he would have taken the third step on the podium without these issues but it was a great recovery drive even if he didn't think so!

We have to keep our feet on the ground, this is unlikely to be the result in China and I expect we will be behind by a few tenths again and filling in the two spots behind the front row but my hopes are certainly raised! It's looking increasingly likely that Maurizio will be running naked to Maranello before long...

And finally, how incredible did it feel to hear the German and Italian anthems together again? I had so many memories flood back and such emotion seeing how Seb was - I'm sure he thought of Michael.

Quick edit to include the emotional radio message from Seb:

"Wooooohoooooo! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!! Si ragazzi! aaaaaaaaah! Mi senti? Mi senti? Grazie mille ragazzi! Grazie! Grazie! GRAZIE! Dai! FORZA FERRARI!"

"Wooooohoooooo! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssss!! Yes guys! Aaaaaaaaah! Do you hear me? Do you hear me? Thank you very much guys! Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU!! Come on! FORZA FERRARI!"

Also, thanks for bringing this thread back - always enjoy seeing a brief (though I tend to go on a bit!) summary of everybody's thoughts.

roddick_andy
30th March 2015, 10:59
Honor Roll

Honorable Mention: Raikkonen, Sainz, Verstappen
Overtaking Move of the Race: Bottas on Massa
Race High Point: The win, the emotional Italian on the radio and the German and Italian anthems being played together again.

Horror Roll

Driver off the Pace: Perez
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Nasr, Kvyat
Race Low Point(s): Nasr taking out Kimi

Your Take on the Race

Races like this brings with it great news for Formula One - the media are happy and almost F1 fan is happy. Whoever you support, the race was brilliant and that is always the sign of something special.

I thought our race pace would be better than qualifying but I didn't think we would hold a torch to Mercedes - I was expecting a few tenths per lap deficit. To see our pace before the Safety Car surprised me and once Vettel bolted after it I couldn't believe his pace! It wasn't until half distance when I started to believe what was happening.

I said previously that Kimi seems like a totally new person this year, now he knows he's got a car and a team that's rejuvenated and to his liking so I was gutted to see him put so far back. The SC helped him too but Nasr being so far off the back of the pack didn't - I reckon without the puncture he'd have been another 20s down the road, with no damage. I firmly believe he would have taken the third step on the podium without these issues but it was a great recovery drive even if he didn't think so!

We have to keep our feet on the ground, this is unlikely to be the result in China and I expect we will be behind by a few tenths again and filling in the two spots behind the front row but my hopes are certainly raised! It's looking increasingly likely that Maurizio will be running naked to Maranello before long...

And finally, how incredible did it feel to hear the German and Italian anthems together again? I had so many memories flood back and such emotion seeing how Seb was - I'm sure he thought of Michael.

+1 mate..

wisepie
30th March 2015, 16:48
Says it all Ste, except Bottas passing Felipe was not enjoyable for me personally!;-)

Ste
30th March 2015, 17:30
Says it all Ste, except Bottas passing Felipe was not enjoyable for me personally!;-)
Who said enjoyable? I said best move of the race :-D

Ed Harley
30th March 2015, 17:37
Well, it sure was an icing on the cake. :lol

fratelliferrari
30th March 2015, 18:31

I have to agree with you wisepie! It was such a nice race for us so it was really painful to see Felipe being overtaken in the last lap :-s That's why I would say Verstappens overtake on Sainz was the best overtaking move LOL

Tifoso
30th March 2015, 18:33
I'd say the best overtaking move(s) were Kimi's 329. :-D

racingbradley
31st March 2015, 09:55
Kimi 's was the best overtaking moves of all

As for Bottas on Massa easy when you have better tyres and the mature one of the two put the team first:-!