PDA

View Full Version : How good is this Ferrari? did Kimi result gave us a clue?

vetalo
31st March 2015, 06:58
When kimi had a puncture I thought there was no way he would get into point based on Ferrari past performance when at the back, our can then can't overtake. But Kimi came through traffic passing the williams along the way to 4th Safety can or no safety car. I thought he did an excellent job with a very good car.And more to come from Ferrari :-)

wisepie
31st March 2015, 07:32
Seems that we have the race pace compared to all except possibly the Mercs, Kimi's strategy after the puncture/safety car was obviously spot-on as well, and the circuit suited the car. Kimi drove brilliantly, but I think the key to our win was being able to start on the front row, so our quali pace is hugely important if we're to challenge the Mercs for the rest of the season.

Black Adder
31st March 2015, 07:45
On top of that Kimi's car lost downforce, due to 3 bumps during the first lap, and one puncture resulting in one lap on 3 tires and damaging the bottom of the car. Can you imagine him starting in top 5 and driving with a 100% car?

I think the next two races will give more indications about our car and the competition: China being a colder climate and Bahrein warm again...

Kristof_F40
31st March 2015, 08:20
On top of that Kimi's car lost downforce, due to 3 bumps during the first lap, and one puncture resulting in one lap on 3 tires and damaging the bottom of the car. Can you imagine him starting in top 5 and driving with a 100% car?

I think the next two races will give more indications about our car and the competition: China being a colder climate and Bahrein warm again...

Remember Bahrain is an evening race, so temps will drop

Sriharsha
31st March 2015, 08:27
The car will upgraded alot but i just want more out and out performance like Pole in Dry Conditions that will give us the indication of we are getting better.

Ed Harley
31st March 2015, 08:42
I consider this current version of SF15-T a very, very good starting point. It appears to have good aerodynamics, handle well and react to setup changes logically. On top of that performance of the power unit seems to be at least adequate, cooling sufficient and tyre wear acceptable.

Think what the car can become when they now evaluate all the data and Seb's and Kimi's feedback from Malaysia and determine what needs and can be improved. :thumb

ManFromMilan
2nd April 2015, 16:56
Can you imagine him starting in top 5 and driving with a 100% car?

It would be stunning if Kimi can have a race without drama and damage.

watto2
2nd April 2015, 19:50
I thought Kimi performed extreemly well in Malaysia given the circmstances of the first few laps. If they can bring two good cars to the grid in China and they perform like last weekend then it's game on and watch out all comers! (I hope this can happen)

From Treviso
2nd April 2015, 20:31
On the 4 stop strategy, Kimi would have beaten both Mercs had he not had that puncture, which not only took Kimi to the back of the grid but also damaged his bodywork, affecting aero causing high tyre degradation. Finished around 45 seconds behind Lewis and 41.5 behind Nico - all in a race where Kimi had to fight and overtake cars to gain his positions and never had the luxury of the blue flags to gain positions, unlike the leading trio that ran in clear air for most of the race. So Kimi was slowed by the slower cars right from the very back, yet only finished 45 seconds behind Lewis even though Kimi stopped 4 times!

But he would not have had a 4 stop race without that puncture and damaged bodywork and you never know, may have been able to lap faster at the front than Seb did allowing Kimi to jump the Mercs after their early pitstop. At least this season, both Ferrari drivers have their eyes wide open with hunger for the kill - they are in the zone, ready to pounce. The hunted has been stunned, and feeling a little disoriented and very vulnerable. Startled by the oncoming lights, it does not know which way to move. The knives are being sharpened!

darkchild
2nd April 2015, 20:51
I honestly think Merc and Hamilton's fans are in for the world of hurt comes China. Ferrari may not necessary win, but looking at stints from Malaysia, when both were full fuel and on fresh tires (before SC), Vettel was pushing Hamilton better then Rosberg has done in last 14 months and he simply couldn't create the gap. In last stint, both on hard tires, difference was 0.2 seconds. Thats simply not enough for them to beat us if our tire deg is much better. I'm pretty sure Merc knows we beat them on straight pace, if everyone else thinks it was SC, 3 pit stop or high temp only then they are in for surprise. China can't come soon enough!

DelMar
3rd April 2015, 12:35
On the 4 stop strategy, Kimi would have beaten both Mercs had he not had that puncture, which not only took Kimi to the back of the grid but also damaged his bodywork, affecting aero causing high tyre degradation. Finished around 45 seconds behind Lewis and 41.5 behind Nico - all in a race where Kimi had to fight and overtake cars to gain his positions and never had the luxury of the blue flags to gain positions, unlike the leading trio that ran in clear air for most of the race. So Kimi was slowed by the slower cars right from the very back, yet only finished 45 seconds behind Lewis even though Kimi stopped 4 times!

But he would not have had a 4 stop race without that puncture and damaged bodywork and you never know, may have been able to lap faster at the front than Seb did allowing Kimi to jump the Mercs after their early pitstop. At least this season, both Ferrari drivers have their eyes wide open with hunger for the kill - they are in the zone, ready to pounce. The hunted has been stunned, and feeling a little disoriented and very vulnerable. Startled by the oncoming lights, it does not know which way to move. The knives are being sharpened!
I believe Kimi did not stop 4 times in the races but 3 times as the Mercs; at Lap2, Lap 14 and Lap 34.

Secondly in the last 16 laps when Kimi was running P4 in clean air, he lost about 18 seconds to Lewis and 15 seconds to Seb. So I am not sure that Kimi could have done much more.

Ilsan
3rd April 2015, 13:03
Yeah, he stopped three times but practically it was a two stopper. Kimi's last stint is hard to judge. As said above his car lost downforce due to the damage, which also caused higher tyre degradation. His last stint was 3-4 laps longer than the two. In addition to that once he settled in P4 there was no need to push. Just like Seb was controlling the gap in Melbourne after clearing Massa.

Fireblade
3rd April 2015, 18:30
Kimi's result tells us a lot about where we stand compared to Red Bull and Williams, the teams we finished behind last season and wanted to surpass this season. We're definitely ahead of them!

It's not so helpful in terms of gauging where we are relative to Mercedes. Unlike Seb, Kimi steadily lost ground to the two Merc drivers throughout the race. Presumably the difference is mostly due to the tyre damaging his floor and compromising his aero, but we can't say exactly how much that cost.

TIFOSI_FERRARI
3rd April 2015, 20:27
Let's hope that the asphalt temperature in China more than 40°, to see Kimi climb on the podium for the first time's with Ferrari since the Monza 2009

Winter
3rd April 2015, 21:05
In Australia Mercedes were a bit faster, in Malaysia we were as fast. After china we are wiser, but we should be fast enough to give Mercs some troubles and we have the momentum at the moment :thumb