Still 23 minutes to go...

FORZA FERRARI!

tohellandback
9th May 2015, 11:51
people any links please

Sriharsha
9th May 2015, 11:52
people any links please
http://www.gofeed2all.eu/watch/343919/1/watch-f1-grand-prix-spain---practice-3.html

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 11:52
http://www.crichd.tv/sky-sports-f1-live-stream.php

fratelliferrari
9th May 2015, 11:56
Forza Ferrari :ferrarifl

SinanOzerS
9th May 2015, 12:01
According to Sky, Kimi is still using some of the old parts.

PURE PASSION
9th May 2015, 12:02
via AMuS:

Only Vettel running the Ferrari upgrade package. Kimi using the old parts.

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 12:02
Yes, SV new parts KR with some of the old which he is familiar with.

fronaldo
9th May 2015, 12:07
Is that upgrades bad with Kimi use old parts?

SinanOzerS
9th May 2015, 12:10
Kimi still has lacking a grip on the rear. What's the point of using the old parts then ?

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 12:11
They are better for him than the new ones? Plus they get data to compare.

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 12:15
KR out with medium tires - does not sound very good.

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 12:17
KR out with medium tires - does not sound very good.

Ofc it doesnt he did a 1:27,3 with hard in FP 3 and now he couldnt get under 1:28 ,7 i understand the wind and temperatures play the role but something else is going on.

elnano98
9th May 2015, 12:17
Lol McLaren P5&6

NenoX
9th May 2015, 12:18
Well kimi opted to use the old sidepod upgrades. So sky must be stirring something up

SashAlex
9th May 2015, 12:19
Wow, the last sector...

Ste
9th May 2015, 12:21
Well kimi opted to use the old sidepod upgrades. So sky must be stirring something up

Ted knows. Martin obviously wasn't aware.

zike
1.2 off to Ham:-(

Winter
Ofc it doesnt he did a 1:27,3 with hard in FP 3 and now he couldnt get under 1:28 ,7 i understand the wind and temperatures play the role but something else is going on.

Traffic maybe?

elnano98
Kimi on Medium tires still behind Ham with Hard tires, hmm

fronaldo
9th May 2015, 12:23
Vettel time on used Hard?

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 12:23
Traffic maybe?
he had traffic mainly on Sector 1 in his first run on the second he had no traffic at a lot.
To me it seems some balancing issues.

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 12:24
Looks like some of the handling characteristics of SF14-T has been found again.

SinanOzerS
9th May 2015, 12:33
1 second. Good. Very good. :furious

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 12:35
Well now at least did a much better time on mediums, do we know if Kimi and Seb used new sets?

Winter
9th May 2015, 12:36
Bottas is dangerously close.

SinanOzerS
9th May 2015, 12:36
Well now at least did a much better time on mediums, do we know if Kimi and Seb used new sets?

They both did.

Edit:Where the hell these Toro Rossos come from ?

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 12:37
They both did.

Then we should keep em both on pits, 2 maclarens cannot get under 1:27 and all we need 3 cars to fail get under 1:26 so i think we are safe.

SashAlex
9th May 2015, 12:39
Even if we somehow improve, those pricks from Mercedes still got smth hidden they can use in case we get dangerously close.

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 12:45
Come on Ferrari, lets get this done!

FerrariF60
9th May 2015, 12:46
Even if we somehow improve, those pricks from Mercedes still got smth hidden they can use in case we get dangerously close.

either our updates have NOT brought the expected time OR mercedes like you said has something up their sleeve
we know they have quali mode setting that gives them more power in QUALI....grgrgrgrr

why can't ferrari come up wiht SUCH ENGINE MAP also, so we can get more power during quali????

PURE PASSION
9th May 2015, 12:47
Please Vet(or Kimi),give us a miracle lap like Bahrain!!!

FerrariSteve
9th May 2015, 12:55
It's not looking good.. :(

stefa
Not looking good... We could be surprised by Williams...

SinanOzerS
Bottas did a horrible lap and still just a 0.35 second behind Vettel ? C'mon where's the frickin speed !

stefa
9th May 2015, 13:00
Very slow

stefa
9th May 2015, 13:01
Very cold shower after all hype about 70% new car....

SinanOzerS
Well. What a great drive from Kimi and what a great decision to put the old parts on his car !

FerrariSteve
16 poles in a row for Merc.. This is just getting stupid :(

Ste
9th May 2015, 13:02
Shocking lap for Kimi

NyX
I think you guys had too many expectations from reading the tweets about 0.4 sec improvement and such... dont believe everything you hear.
Anyway, a good job from the team, but we are still 2nd best. Looking forward to the Canada engine upgrade!

Ed Harley
Even Verstappen ahead of KR.

Ste
I think you guys had too many expectations from reading the tweets about 0.4 sec improvement and such... dont believe everything you hear.
Anyway, a good job from the team, but we are still 2nd best. Looking forward to the Canada engine upgrade!

How do you know we didn't improve 4 tenths? Maybe Merc did too.

zike
9th May 2015, 13:03

yes, indeed

LivingHitokiri
That was beyond disappointing....

NickEice
Let the excuses begin from the Kimi Bots...

Alonso14
Jesus, Kimi is hopeless on Saturday.

Good job, Seb.

ALO
Lol McLaren P5&6

you mean Torro Rosso?

FerrariF60
9th May 2015, 13:04

well we can't really judge by Kimi's tiem as he's running the old stuff
but Vettel is running all the upgrades and still 8 tenths off Merc??? wow that is a PUNCH IN THE GUT....

let's all hope that is NOT the usual wind tunnel, CFD corellation of previous years..

ALO

the car was designed for VET not RAI

fronaldo
Kimi P7..WTH..!!!

SinanOzerS
9th May 2015, 13:05
32.7 middle sector ? Lol.

stefa
but Vettel is running all the upgrades and still 8 tenths off Merc??? wow that is a PUNCH IN THE GUT....

let's all hope that is NOT the usual wind tunnel, CFD corellation of previous years..

Hopefully not!!!

IulianFerrari
What's your problem man ?

FerrariF60
Well. What a great drive from Kimi and what a great decision to put the old parts on his car !

yeah, what was he thinking?? clearly the NEW parts are better, YEt he decides to run the OLD ONE'S

or maybe the team wants to gather more data between the old and new

ALO
9th May 2015, 13:06
Bottas did a horrible lap and still just a 0.35 second behind Vettel ? C'mon where's the frickin speed !

yeah that kid can drive, maybe here next year

stefa
Still SV is 3rd.
Second best behind Mercedes drivers.
Another boring race tomorrow....

Ed Harley
Cannot say about old vs new stuff but the handling was not near what it was in earlier races.

PURE PASSION
Ok, Vet lap wasn't bad!!I know we expected more with the upgrades but that's it!!!!Maybe we can fine tune this new parts in the test and together with the new upgraded engine,we could close the gap then!!And dont we forget that this is a Merc track and in another one we could see a different picture!!!

IulianFerrari
We will not fight Mercedes on this circuit. Best to hope for is 3rd and 4th.

SashAlex
It's either Kimi again struggling to nail a lap in the Q3, or it's the updates after all improving the car, at least for Sebastian.

I think we should settle for being the 2nd best team this season with the next one in our sights. The gap is still too big and only a miracle would change something in a positive way for us. Probably the last hope to give them a run for their money is the engine update. Otherwise, it's theirs to take again.

RedRebel40
Ferrari should not give kimi a new contract. Get Hulkenberg or Verstappen in the car in 2016.

mark p
9th May 2015, 13:07

Be happy Merc track front limited gap is less than 0.8. Raikkonen old pats 1 second off Vettel so new parts appear to work.

Ed Harley
Happy for SV's grid position. :thumb

Winter
7=7
Seb at least did well,again.

NickEice
Old vs new isn't 1 second regardless

Alonso14

That's where Kimi's extreme sensitivity to the car makes us/him suffer. Theoretically the new bits are faster but since KR struggles with them he is not faster with them. Very disappointed today, Merc seem have opened the gap and KR underperformed massively making his race pace irrelevant unless he jumps 2-3 cars from the start.

mark p
9th May 2015, 13:08
Ferrari should not give kimi a new contract. Get Hulkenberg or Verstappen in the car in 2016.

2nd last race with a great drive then bad quali next race and fire him?

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 13:09

Hulkenberg? You mean the overrated driver that hasn't proved anything and failed to qualify in q1 2 time sin the last 3 races ?
No thanks.

Kristof_F40
9th May 2015, 13:10
Good job from Seb
Did a good lap, on his last lap he was matching Lewis in S1 and S2, so he did good well..
Kimi, yeah, qualy isn't his strength, he needs everything to his liking and as soon as there is some disturbance he has a bad qualy, which hurts his race, we need tot do something about that

ClaudiuCojo
So this is the worst possible gap we can have compared to Mercedes ... 0.7s from which around 0.4s deficit is engine alone ... last year we were 2s behind so I chose to see the bright side of things.

Also its clear our update worked which is a good result.

There is still a BIG gap but we always knew its not gonna go away and I think starting from Canada, after we get the new updated engine, we will be giving Mercedes a run for their money even in qualy.

fronaldo
1s behind Vettel..Wow

KimiBot
now all what we need is perfect start for Seb tomorrow, Kimi ends P4 max

512 TR
If in race trim both cars are +0.5/lap compared to the Mercs we should be able to give them a run for the win IF we manage to make one stop less. In 20 laps it should be a gap of 10 seconds. Sebs seems OK with the new updates and Kimi, without them, should be quicker on race pace than the Williams' and the Toro Rossos.

RedRebel40
9th May 2015, 13:11

He is underpeforming in his second consecutive season...

mark p
9th May 2015, 13:13
Old vs new isn't 1 second regardless

Driver with new was 1 second faster than driver with old. Largest gap in dry quali this year by a huge amount. On this evidence it appears the upgrades work well.

Kimi got spooked by bad track conditions on Friday at least it gives Ferrari a great comparison of old v new. The track changes in hindsight he maybe should of stuck with new parts but then I guess the doubt would be in his mind the old was better. Going forward he may now know so in the long run this is a good thing.

IulianFerrari
9th May 2015, 13:13
Based on a qualifying session ???

IulianFerrari
9th May 2015, 13:14
He just finished 2nd in the last race

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 13:15

LOL

IulianFerrari
9th May 2015, 13:15
Lol get Hulkenberg and if not pole and win in the first race fire him also :))

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 13:16

Lets fire everyone and if we don't win, disband the team!~

Hornet
9th May 2015, 13:18
Max result we could hope for today, well done.

Williams look stronger though I think (as compared to the earlier races). Lets see what happens in the race.

mark p
9th May 2015, 13:18

I respect your opinion I see a few factors today, old parts, not great lap, track conditions Friday threw him a little. I think he only messed up here and Malaysia, Vettel messed up last race. To counter that Raikkonen was very good in the races in Australia, Malaysia, China and Bahrain. Every race was good for him this year in my opinion and he may well have a great race tommorrow, he won Australiac 2013 after a bad quali. Lets see tommorrow post race and going forward the whole season not just 2 q3 quali sessions out of 5.

IulianFerrari
9th May 2015, 13:20
If in race trim both cars are +0.5/lap compared to the Mercs we should be able to give them a run for the win IF we manage to make one stop less. In 20 laps it should be a gap of 10 seconds. Sebs seems OK with the new updates and Kimi, without them, should be quicker on race pace than the Williams' and the Toro Rossos.
Yeah we should be 3rd and 4th after the 1st pitstop and then a boring race until the end. What may keep thing interesting would be a fight between Rosberg and Hamilton, that might leave us a little door open.

RedRebel40
9th May 2015, 13:20
In 2014 he finished the season point wise well behind Alonso, this year will be the same versus Vettel. We need two drivers who are delivering for most of the year. Kimi should show some gutts and resign and apologise for the below par performance and give the money back he didnt earn.

subfire91
9th May 2015, 13:21
777 off pole with aero updates and better mapping software to improve traction and engine mapping i think they didnt work the way they were expecting..

darkchild
9th May 2015, 13:21
Great lap by Seb, Kimi absolutely poor. He would be few tenths faster if not for that S2 mistake, but its clear new updates work. We are 7 tenths from Rosberg, and 4 from Lewis in most aero demanding track in calendar. Lots of polishing to do but I think we will cut that gap further in Canada...

One thing about our car that is clear is that aero is just not good enough. I would say Toro Rosso (as crazy as it sounds) with our engine would be matching us. I know Allison doesn't want to divide a team when he says Merc advantage is 50/50 engine and chassis, but its clear that its mostly if not all the chassis.

tifosi1993
9th May 2015, 13:22
Well done Sebastian. Another great qualifying performance.

As for Raikkonen, another horrible qualifying performance. Now i know why they call him the "Iceman"...slow as a glacier.

darkchild
9th May 2015, 13:24
777 off pole with aero updates and better mapping software to improve traction and engine mapping i think they didnt work the way they were expecting..
When another driver is second down with old aero then I think it DID work as expected. Problem is that in Barcelona, Merc had by far largest advantage this year(testing) and the last one as well. They were 1.5 seconds clear in qualifying in testing so I think we done good.

Seb was great in S1 and S2, but S3 was very very bad with SF15.

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 13:25
In 2014 he finished the season point wise well behind Alonso, this year will be the same versus Vettel. We need two drivers who are delivering for most of the year. Kimi should show some gutts and resign and apologise for the below par performance and give the money back he didnt earn.
Yeah, and then lets burn him on stake and bury his name from the face of motoracing history and then lets get Sato and Young to bring us to our glory days.

:topdance

FerrariF60
9th May 2015, 13:25

i too got teh impression that the "supposedly" better engine mappign to improve traction did NOT work as it should; the car seemed more nervous compared to previous races...

but what do we know?? hopefully with the upgraded engine for Canada our car will be handling better and maybe they'll refine the engine mapping to IMPROVE TRACTION

tifosi1993
9th May 2015, 13:26

One thing is certain, Hulkenberg would've qualified ahead of Sainz's Toro Rosso.

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 13:28
One thing is certain, Hulkenberg would've qualified ahead of Sainz's Toro Rosso.

let him get into Q 2 first and then talk about outqualifying drivers that he never actually outqualified.

KimiBot
9th May 2015, 13:28
Sainz is happy, P5 and home crowd

FerrariF60
9th May 2015, 13:30
When another driver is second down with old aero then I think it DID work as expected. Problem is that in Barcelona, Merc had by far largest advantage this year(testing) and the last one as well. They were 1.5 seconds clear in qualifying in testing so I think we done good.

Seb was great in S1 and S2, but S3 was very very bad with SF15.

and that sector 3 is all about traction with slow corners where TRACTION COUNTS A LOT....where we seem to LACK quite by some margin
so we still need to work on our ENGINE MAPPING to make the engine power transition more smoothly to the pavement

if not, GOD help us in Monaco, where three quarters of that track is ALL ABOUT TRACTION

ALO
9th May 2015, 13:32
Well done Sebastian. Another great qualifying performance.

As for Raikkonen, another horrible qualifying performance. Now i know why they call him the "Iceman"...slow as a glacier.

:rotfl

made me LOL

dont worry Kimi will get by those Torro Rosso cars at the start

tifosi1993
9th May 2015, 13:33
let him get into Q 2 first and then talk about outqualifying drivers that he never actually outqualified.

He is ahead of his team mate and got out-qualified by faster cars. I am sure if we him in our car (which is btw the 2nd fastest car) he will do a much better job than our current under-performing driver.

barzini77
9th May 2015, 13:35

Yeah right, from the three races Sebastian & Kimi have finished the score is 2-1 and points 50-42 for Vettel. So yeah...:-ZZ

tifosi1993
9th May 2015, 13:41
Yeah right, from the three races Sebastian & Kimi have finished the score is 2-1 and points 50-42 for Vettel. So yeah...:-ZZ

But according to some Kimi fans here, Raikkonen developed the SF15-T, this car is designed based on this feedback.

Shouldn't he out score/ beat Sebastian this year?

LivingHitokiri
He is ahead of his team mate and got out-qualified by faster cars. I am sure if we him in our car (which is btw the 2nd fastest car) he will do a much better job than our current under-performing driver.

Yeah and im sure he would be taken by a decent team all these years he gets hyped for nothing, but for some reason nobody does, wonder why ?
All great drivers proved themselves before they drove a great car,Hulkenberg should do that first to even be considered to be brought on the same page with the likes of Raikkonen.

Hornet
We have to take into consideration the fact that other teams are bringing their own upgrades as well. Merc surely realize they are slowly coming under threat by Ferrari, and they too will be going full speed in their development program to stay ahead of Ferrari.

So it doesn't necessarily mean our updates are not working, it could simply be Merc had a strong upgrades as well.

LivingHitokiri
9th May 2015, 13:42
But according to some Kimi fans here, Raikkonen developed the SF15-T, this car is designed based on this feedback.

Apparently you're poorly informed or you ignored the fact that Kimi and Sebastian driving style is pretty close hence why it benefits both drivers and not Kimi alone.
A totally different story from the 2014 btw.

barzini77
9th May 2015, 13:48

Kimi will never beat Sebastian in qualifying throughout the season but having a stronger race pace helps him having similar points with Sebastian which is more than enough for a new contract in my books. Also I replied on a message which stated that Kimi is getting same beating from Seb which he got from Alo and that is not the case
Well, some Alonso fans think that Fernando would have won every race with SF15-T but that doesn't make it true

tifosi1993
9th May 2015, 13:55
Apparently you're poorly informed or you ignored the fact that Kimi and Sebastian driving style is pretty close hence why it benefits both drivers and not Kimi alone.
A totally different story from the 2014 btw.

My point is Raikkonen should get faster if the car get faster. Today Sebastian kept all the upgrades on his car, which tells me all those new bits Ferrari brought for this race worked.

But Raikkonen decided not to use them. So the problem is not Ferrari's upgrades or lack of frond end etc etc etc.....

The problem is Raikkonen and his lack of adaptability, same story as 2014. (only difference is that SF15-T is a much better car than F14-T.)

barzini77
9th May 2015, 14:01
My point is Raikkonen should get faster if the car get faster. Today Sebastian kept all the upgrades on his car, which tells me all those new bits Ferrari brought for this race worked.

But Raikkonen decided not to use them. So the problem is not Ferrari's upgrades or lack of frond end etc etc etc.....

The problem is Raikkonen and his lack of adaptability, same story as 2014. (only difference is that SF15-T is a much better car than F14-T.)

We don't know if Räikkönen can't adapt to a new car. He didn't seem to be off pace on Friday or was he? I think the bad weather spooked him and he replaced some new parts with old ones. That was his and his mechanics mistake and they have to live with it tomorrow. Kimi's to blame for that for sure, but saying he has been underperforming this season and he should get fired is just so absurd and obvious Kimi-hate that it makes me sick, really.

bonzo
9th May 2015, 14:32
I see Seb on podium tomorrow, and not the lowest step. Just wait and see. Nico will be closing the door for Hamster at the start and this will give Seb a clean track to accelerate fast come lights off

Stormy
9th May 2015, 14:41

Why Kimi said he doesn't want to use the new upgrade? It doesn't make any sense.

stefa
9th May 2015, 15:12
I see Seb on podium tomorrow, and not the lowest step. Just wait and see. Nico will be closing the door for Hamster at the start and this will give Seb a clean track to accelerate fast come lights off

...and than on straight he will be easily overtaken by Mercedes... Not to be party breaker, I also see SV on podium but 3rd max, if there is no DNF for Mercedes...

Kristof_F40
9th May 2015, 15:29
Mercs race pace is faster than ours, so 3rd is max.. Only thing that can help us is if the Mercs start racing hard against each other, however, I strongly believe Lewis will have the upper hand...

jpalmito
9th May 2015, 15:35
Mercs race pace is faster than ours, so 3rd is max.. Only thing that can help us is if the Mercs start racing hard against each other, however, I strongly believe Lewis will have the upper hand...

Yes not very optimistic for race, pretty sure bottas will be dangerous for vettel..
Hope i'm wrong.

Kristof_F40
9th May 2015, 15:47
Yes not very optimistic for race, pretty sure bottas will be dangerous for vettel..
Hope i'm wrong.

I think we are faster than Williams, but we need to make sure we don't get stuck behind them again..

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 15:54
FP2 compromised by wrong setup - whether it was the problem that was there for the whole session I don't know but a lot of setup time was lost and carried over to Saturday. In qualifying the car was all over the place missing apexes, running wide and giving SF14-T type of snap oversteer reactions. One set of mediums was lost because they were overcooked or such under blankets. What happened as things were going IMHO so well for the team in the first races?

If above mentioned factors are down to driver then fine, no contract extension. But if they are because of non-driver issues then the possible new driver will face the same problems.

In any case the race tomorrow will be down to Seb alone as I don't think KR will get any points, that bad was the car and because of parc fermé setups are mostly done.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118876

EDIT: According to a media report FP2 setup problem affected only the last outing.

FerrariSteve
9th May 2015, 16:25
Did we take a step back or did Merc take another step forward?

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 16:26
I think both teams took a step forward and KR two steps back.

KimiBot
9th May 2015, 16:34
Asked to explain why he removed the new parts from his car on Saturday morning, Raikkonen told reporters: "It was my decision, plus the team’s, altogether and we knew that there is a risk and it might be difficult, but the outcome would not be as bad had the last qualifying not been slower than the second qualifying.

"We wanted to make sure and so I was prepared to take the risk and see what happens. It was pretty okay other than that point. We had one new set tyres we haven’t used in the last qualifying, but for some freak reason they got burnt in the blankets and destroyed.

"It’s been a difficult few days, but that’s part of the game and tomorrow’s the race so hopefully things go a bit more smoothly."

Had Raikkonen matched his 1:26.016 time from Q2 instead of going four tenths slower in the final stage, he would have only had Bottas between himself and the sister Ferrari.

"I think the end result is not a true picture because of what happened in the last qualifying," Raikkonen insisted.

"But we learn from these things and that’s why I was prepared to take a chance. It’s still not a disaster."

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24187/9843091/kimi-raikkonen-suffering-unrelenting-misery-in-qualifying

Winter
9th May 2015, 16:42
If tire heaters cooked Kimis tires in Q3 and in Q2 our cars were pretty even. I think that there was not much difference between the new and the old parts they used.

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 16:43
Is it so that KR drove with these overcooked tyres in Q3?

KimiBot
9th May 2015, 16:46

no, I don`t think so...

--------------------------------------------------------------------

and today we also lost one set of Medium tyres because of a burning of a blanket.

http://formula1.ferrari.com/en/kimi-sliding-around/

Winter
9th May 2015, 16:46
I think both teams took a step forward and KR two steps back.

If Kimis Q3 tires were cooked, I think the length of our step is questionable. Or am I missing something?

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 16:50
Perhaps it was so that because of one overcooked set of mediums they only had used mediums left to use in Q3. In any case not good result.

Winter
9th May 2015, 16:51

I think so. http://twitter.com/autosprint/status/597030138463784961

Alonso14
9th May 2015, 16:57
He had 2 sets of options for Q3 - one was burnt (honestly, this is the first time I've seen something like that!?) and he ran with the other.

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 17:01
So no new mediums left for the race. Although I don't think it has a big effect at this point as Seb is the only hope to get points.

Fireblade
9th May 2015, 17:10
So no new mediums left for the race. Although I don't think it has a big effect at this point as Seb is the only hope to get points.

Best hope for a podium, sure, but I think Kimi will finish at least fifth and certainly not out of the points. The Bulls and TR's will have their usual engine failures.

zike
9th May 2015, 17:10
I think so. http://twitter.com/autosprint/status/597030138463784961

So did he, I don't understand this?

Fireblade
9th May 2015, 17:15
Best sector times in qualifying
S1 S2 S3
ROS 23.111 31.894 29.547
HAM 23.214 31.883 29.689
VET 23.271 32.090 30.009
RAI 23.441 32.443 30.120

Yoda401
9th May 2015, 17:16
If it truly is the case that the tyres got burnt... then that really isn't on. How could that even be allowed to happen?!?!

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 17:23
Technical malfunction - stuff happens.

KimiBot
9th May 2015, 17:25
in Q2 Kimi P3 and Seb P5, 0.15 sec
in Q3 Kimi P7 and Seb P3, 1 sec difference

Greig
9th May 2015, 17:26

Seb steps up a gear in Q3.

KimiBot
9th May 2015, 17:28
Seb steps up a gear in Q3.

yes, of course he does, but this time Kimi had used and Seb new tyres, so that`s why so big difference.

and, I do believe that Seb is much better Quali-driver than Kimi

Fireblade
9th May 2015, 17:43

Seb was quicker in Q3 than in Q2, while Kimi was slower in Q3 than he was in Q2. I think if he'd matched his Q2 time he'd have been fifth instead of seventh.

Well, it happens. Not too long ago we were cheering his great drive in Bahrain. It's best not to overreact to each good or bad result.

KimiBot
9th May 2015, 17:43
only chance tomorrow is that Seb gets dream start and is first after first or second corner, they say that this is difficult track to overtake

Ferrarichamp
9th May 2015, 17:52
Mercedes had some brake issues in the last race, their reliability is not perfect.

Yoda401
9th May 2015, 17:54
Technical malfunction - stuff happens.

I would hardly call leaving the blankets on the tyres too long a technical malfunction...

Ed Harley
9th May 2015, 17:55
We don't know if they were on for too long or if the temperature adjustment/follow-up function was faulty.

Fireblade
9th May 2015, 17:57
only chance tomorrow is that Seb gets dream start and is first after first or second corner, they say that this is difficult track to overtake

I'm not sure it's THAT difficult. Seb went from 15th to 4th here last year.

Rob
9th May 2015, 19:18
Just watching Teds Notebook, and he said Seb said been struggling to get the tyres to work all weekend. And thats the reason why took the body updates off Kimis car. We just struggling with the tyres here.

Think we may be able to do a 2 stop race tomorrow. The rest of grid may possibly be doing a 3 stop.

Rob
9th May 2015, 19:19
Vettel: Tougher than usual

Sebastian Vettel: “It’s not a great place to be behind Nico and Lewis, but I think it’s the maximum we could do today, so I’m happy with qualifying. I think the week end has been a bit rougher compared to the last couple in terms of finding the balance and the feeling with the car: we’ll see what we can do tomorrow.

We have improved the car, but the track conditions this week end are a bit tricky: the wind is very gusty, which is throwing the car around plus the tires are potentially a bit too hard and not really working. It seems that Mercedes is struggling less and the gap seems bigger than usual. Tomorrow we can put them under pressure: we’ll see, it’s a long race.

Hopefully we’ll come up with a good strategy, we’ve saved one set of new tires for tomorrow as Mercedes did: I’m hoping we can stay with them for a long time. There’s room for improvements, hopefully the conditions tomorrow will come towards us and we’ll be a bit stronger again. We’ll do our best, as always”.

Kimi: Sliding around

Kimi Raikkonen: “So far the weekend has been more difficult than I wanted and today I was still struggling, for some reason my car was sliding around. After a difficult Friday I decided together with the team to go back to the old package because I wanted to make sure it was fine. We knew it would be a risk and it might be difficult but I don’t think that the result would have been as bad as it was today. In Q2 the feeling was pretty ok but then in Q3 it was difficult again, I had not much grip and did a bad lap.

It’s one of those weekends in which things keep going a little wrong here and there, and today we also lost one set of Medium tyres because of a burning of a blanket. Tomorrow is another day and the race is a different story, obviously we start in a position that is not ideal , but we have a good package. If we have a good start we can go from there, I’m sure we have the speed to have a good race”.

gvera
9th May 2015, 21:46
I would hardly call leaving the blankets on the tyres too long a technical malfunction...

On it's site Autosprint says:

-The blanket literally set a rear tyre on fire (I guess it must have been a short circuit or something like that).
-Kimi used the tyres he had already used in Q1.
-The burned tyre (or all the set, it's not clear to me) will be replaced by Pirelli for tomorrow.

gjoko-mkd
9th May 2015, 21:49
Gianlu D'Alessandro
‏@Gianlu_DAle
Kimi tomorrow will have a new set of medium, courtesy of Pirelli :) #Raikkonen

JiruMaranello
9th May 2015, 21:51
I was feeling angry enough with Kimi but I have come to calm down now (sulking as I can be). As was said; new day tomorrow, new chance to redeem.

All in for the race !

AfterLife
9th May 2015, 22:09
Qualifying Session:

Maximum Speeds http://www.fia.com/file/27516/download?token=v_YitG8h

Speed Trap http://www.fia.com/file/27515/download?token=0wNuHT3D

Best Sector Times http://www.fia.com/file/27513/download?token=E937TAHQ

Lap Times http://www.fia.com/file/27514/download?token=0cCv4Xuj

Official Classification http://www.fia.com/file/27520/download?token=W0gQGywI

FerrariSteve
9th May 2015, 22:33
If Kimis tyres were cooked by the blankets shouldn't Pirelli give them new ones?

I mean it's force majure?

Infi24r
10th May 2015, 04:31
If Kimis tyres were cooked by the blankets shouldn't Pirelli give them new ones?

I mean it's force majure?

He will, yes.

I don't think Raikkonen's race will necessarily be that hindered. The two Renault powered Toro Rosso cars should be easy to get by with the DRS. Bottas may be harder.

Williams have looked very strong this weekend and there is no guarantee of Seb being ahead of Bottas either.

mizf1
10th May 2015, 04:45
Hi all, let's not forget on Friday our race pace was done with parts which had little time to fine tune them.

Hopefully today our race pace is much closer as we have a bit more understanding of the cars and more data.

Brembo
10th May 2015, 07:36
With Nico taking pole position from Lewis, now Nico is going to get " Optimal Stratagy" from Merc and Lewis a different stratagy. Lewis insists they are going to race each other, whatever the "Stratagy" the team insists on. Seb, please stand clear !!