PDA

View Full Version : Nods and Nays - 2015 Spanish GP

killer
11th May 2015, 00:56
:ferrarifl

Honor Roll
Driver of the race: Hamilton, still moaned too much for my taste but pulled out the performance when it was needed.
Honorable Mention: Rosberg, Raikkonen
Overtaking Move of the Race: Maldonado's moves worthy of mention, IMO
Race High Point: Start and opening lap -- Seb +1 and Kimi + 2

Horror Roll
Driver off the Pace: Not really the drivers, but the Toro Rossos were going backwards.
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: I would have to say the Toro Rosso set up. Maybe Sainz on Kyvat on the last lap.
Race Low Point(s): Hamilton's second stint. Also wanted to see better from the Saubers.

Your Take on the Race:
Expected a bit more but was not surprised at how well Mercedes did. We're doing great; still on the right track. Last year we were bickering over 7th to 10th and this year, when we haven't missed out on a podium, we are still at it. What's up with that?

TigerKing
11th May 2015, 04:07
My Driver of the day was Nico Rosberg. Just for today, however, because I thought he gave up last race and it's good to see him challenging Hamilton. I really wished Ferrari covered Hamilton during his third stint, we would've gotten a second place (I'm greedy I know!). I was really bummed that the Williams beat Raikkonen but I guess it only helps Ferrari's case with replacing Kimi with Valterri (Finn for a Finn!)

F1NAC
11th May 2015, 07:13
My Driver of the day was Nico Rosberg. Just for today, however, because I thought he gave up last race and it's good to see him challenging Hamilton. I really wished Ferrari covered Hamilton during his third stint, we would've gotten a second place (I'm greedy I know!). I was really bummed that the Williams beat Raikkonen but I guess it only helps Ferrari's case with replacing Kimi with Valterri (Finn for a Finn!)
Bottas wouldnt do any better than Kimi

Ste
11th May 2015, 12:57
:ferrarifl

Honor Roll
Driver of the race: Hamilton, still moaned too much for my taste but pulled out the performance when it was needed.
Honorable Mention: Rosberg, Raikkonen
Overtaking Move of the Race: Maldonado's moves worthy of mention, IMO
Race High Point: Start and opening lap -- Seb +1 and Kimi + 2

Horror Roll
Driver off the Pace: Not really the drivers, but the Toro Rossos were going backwards.
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: I would have to say the Toro Rosso set up. Maybe Sainz on Kyvat on the last lap.
Race Low Point(s): Hamilton's second stint. Also wanted to see better from the Saubers.

Your Take on the Race:
Expected a bit more but was not surprised at how well Mercedes did. We're doing great; still on the right track. Last year we were bickering over 7th to 10th and this year, when we haven't missed out on a podium, we are still at it. What's up with that?

It was Kvyat taking out Sainz wasn't it? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

Ste
11th May 2015, 13:06
Honor Roll

Driver of the race: Rosberg. Faultless weekend.
Honourable mention: Vettel - didn't put a foot wrong and had a great start. Alonso - severely out-performing the car before it failed.
Overtaking move of the race: Grosjean around the outside of Verstappen (I think it was them!).
Race High Point: Vettel's start

Horror Roll

Driver off the pace: Kvyat
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: Maldonado hitting Grosjean
Race Low Point(s): Raikkonen not being able to pass Bottas. Ferrari not having the pace to challenge Mercedes

Your take on the race:

Expected more from the weekend. Great qualifying from Vettel and not as far back as I'd expected. Nice start from both drivers but our outright pace just wasn't as good as Mercedes. Rumours flying around that Ferrari were abusing the fuel-flow limit somehow and this contributed to their lack of pace compared to the previous races. I doubt this and think it was just a track specific issue - outright downforce lacking compared to Mercedes. Overall, still a good result, given that this year was supposed to be one of growth, not challenging for wins and titles.

mizf1
11th May 2015, 14:30
Honor Roll

Driver of the race: Rosberg - Seemed in control
Honourable mention: Vettel - did well to keep Ham behind him for so long and didn't make a mistake in the whole race

Overtaking move of the race: Grosjean

Race High Point: A Lotus with bits of its wing missing overtaking a McLaren:lol

Horror Roll

Driver off the pace: Kvyat
The Lewis Hamilton Bonehead Move of the Race Award goes to: the Renault driver who came out the pit and outbrakes himself then ending up touching the other Renault.

Race Low Point(s): Raikkonen getting 5th instead of 4th

Your take on the race:

Found it quite boring, probably because Ferrari wasn't fighting for the win. I did expect more from this weekend and thought we could be closer to the Mercs

killer
12th May 2015, 00:31
It was Kvyat taking out Sainz wasn't it? Or am I remembering incorrectly?

You are right, Ste. Kvyat on Sainz it was indeed. Both have escaped penalties, BTW.