PDA

View Full Version : Alonso feels Ferraris inability to challenge Mercedes justifies his move to McLaren

Lesky
20th May 2015, 18:23
So according to Alonso nothing has changed at Ferrari :lou

Although the double World Champion failed to finish the Spanish Grand Prix, during his time out on track it was clear that McLaren-Honda have taken a step forward.

The same, though, may not necessarily be said about Ferrari.

Although Sebastian Vettel brought his SF15-T home in third place, he was more than 40 seconds behind race winner Nico Rosberg and that was despite Ferrari racing a whole host of updates.

"I am very happy with the move," Alonso told Sky Sports News HQ. "I was in the Ferrari last year half a minute, a minute behind Mercedes and on Sunday they were 43 seconds behind in Barcelona.

"Nothing has changed – and that is one of the reasons why l moved. I saw nothing change for five years and l didn't want a sixth or seventh."

As for McLaren's form, rather than be disappointed by his lack of points in Spain, Alonso says he is movitated to score his team's first of this season at the next outing in Monaco.

"I am very fully motivated. If we can be competitive soon it will taste sweet because we have started from zero and I think we will get points in Monaco.

"From now on we will be on the limit for tenth places for the next two or three races. Hopefully after Canada and Austria we will be more secure – seventh l hope. That is the target.

"In the final part of the championship, even if l am optimistic, hopefully we will be close to the podium."

Read more at http://www.planetsport.com/motorsport/news/alonso_vindicated_by_ferrari_form_1137752#Kiilwb5h bxgerp7X.99

REDARMYSOJA
20th May 2015, 18:28
Banging around at the back and scoring DNF's is preferable to wins and podiums. Strange reasoning, but he's entitled to his opinion.

FerrariF60
20th May 2015, 18:31
:rotfl:-ZZ:

i guess he'll be at Macca for a LONG, LONG time before he even gets a podium, let alone win a WDC

on the other hand with the progress Ferrari have made so far compared to last year, i wouldn't be surprised if they'll challange the MERC's for the WDC, WCC next year

wacc
20th May 2015, 19:21
Can jurnos stop asking the same questions to Alonso about him leaving Ferrari, please? It starts to be a bit boring. :-ZZ

Silent Bob
20th May 2015, 19:24
Ya no kidding. How many times does he have to justify his mistakes? Leave the poor guy alone already.

PURE PASSION
20th May 2015, 19:26
:Hmm

Greig
20th May 2015, 19:35
There is an Alonso thread in general discussion.