PDA

View Full Version : Hamilton voted best of the best by F1 team bosses

PURE PASSION
2nd June 2015, 09:43
Formula 1 team bosses have voted unanimously that Lewis Hamilton the best driver in Formula 1 today.

Auto Bild magazine ran the survey among all ten rival team principals in the paddock, with Mercedes’ reigning world champion emerging at the front ahead of Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso.

“This means a lot to me,” Hamilton said when told of the accolade.

The 30-year-old was the clear vote winner, with 35 points compared to 22 for Ferrari’s Vettel, and 12 for Spaniard Alonso.

“Lewis is fast, mentally very strong, super-consistent and in great shape,” said Ferrari’s Maurizio Arrivabene.Toto Wolff said the vote shows Mercedes was right to extend Hamilton’s contract, “Lewis is exceptional in the car, is constantly developing and has grown as a driver and as a person.”

“You can see it in how he responded to our error in Monaco – he is now able to get over bad results very quickly and focus on his strengths. As a racing driver, he is complete,” said Wolff.

Also interesting is that Vettel beat McLaren-Honda’s Alonso to second place in the survey.

“Alonso has fallen in value,” explained Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost, “because by his character he put himself in an unnecessarily precarious situation.

“On the other hand, Vettel has grown his reputation by motivating Ferrari and putting them back on track. For me, Sebastian is therefore the best, because he is also the smartest,” said Tost.

Content on GrandPrix247.com by: staff & contributors, Reuters syndication, GMM service, Getty Images, Formula 1 teams, sponsors & organisations.
I'm not really interesting who is 1st 2nd 3d etc.I consider all 3 of them excellent drivers!!!
The only thing that makes me happy is that how can our beloved team , raise the popularity of a driver even when he is not winning!!!!!
When Alo drove for us ,his popularity was on the top and he beat Vet in this game even when Seb was winning championships.And now just after 6 races the things turn upside down completely!!!!!
Ohh this team does wonders!!!!:bow:love:bow

Tofarati
2nd June 2015, 09:51
I'm not really interesting who is 1st 2nd 3d etc.I consider all 3 of them excellent drivers!!!
The only thing that makes me happy is that how can our beloved team , raise the popularity of a driver even when he is not winning!!!!!
When Alo drove for us ,his popularity was on the top and he beat Vet in this game even when Seb was winning championships.And now just after 6 races the things turn upside down completely!!!!!
Ohh this team does wonders!!!!:bow:love:bow

So says Toto and Tost. Where's the link? 2 TPS hardly constitute the entire F1 team.

PURE PASSION
2nd June 2015, 09:54
So says Toto and Tost. Where's the link? 2 TPS hardly constitute the entire F1 team.
http://m.grandprix247.com/site/grandprix247/default?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandprix247.com%2F20 15%2F06%2F01%2Fhamilton-voted-best-of-the-best-by-f1-team-bosses%2F%3Fpost_id%3D176834

Stormsearcher
2nd June 2015, 10:11
IMO the reasoning is ridiculous.
LH has improved as a person, yes, but i still cant see him as the "best of the best". He is still prone to very unchampion like conduct. Its true he is fantastic on the track and a formidable opponent for anyone when he has a strong car. No argument there. But there is something still amiss for him to be considered the best.
Secondly, i dont believe the crap about vettel motivating ferrari to improve their form. Its just a matter happenstance that the car came good (we are still not there really) when he joined. If anyone is to be credited, it should be kimi for he might have had some inputs into the building of this car. Cant see how Vettel gets credited for it. He is a fast driver and he is driving the wheels of the Ferrari. For that he gets credit. But anything more? i doubt it.
Alonso lost his position because his move was considered precarious? Who judges this? Do they have a crystal ball? His mistakes on the negotiating table (if at all) decides if he is a better driver than SV or LH?? Its laughable.

THis is probably the only thing which is true to this thread- "The only thing that makes me happy is that how can our beloved team , raise the popularity of a driver even when he is not winning!!!!!
When Alo drove for us ,his popularity was on the top and he beat Vet in this game even when Seb was winning championships!"

A drivers popularity automatically goes up when he drives for Ferrari.

Tofarati
2nd June 2015, 10:49
http://m.grandprix247.com/site/grandprix247/default?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.grandprix247.com%2F20 15%2F06%2F01%2Fhamilton-voted-best-of-the-best-by-f1-team-bosses%2F%3Fpost_id%3D176834

Just as I thought. The BS article quotes only T&T where's the rest of the Team principals?
A laughable non-story indeed.

Tofarati
2nd June 2015, 10:55
LH has improved as a person, yes, but i still cant see him as the "best of the best". He is still prone to very unchampion like conduct. Its true he is fantastic on the track and a formidable opponent for anyone when he has a strong car. No argument there. But there is something still amiss for him to be considered the best.
Secondly, i dont believe the crap about vettel motivating ferrari to improve their form. Its just a matter happenstance that the car came good (we are still not there really) when he joined. If anyone is to be credited, it should be kimi for he might have had some inputs into the building of this car. Cant see how Vettel gets credited for it. He is a fast driver and he is driving the wheels of the Ferrari. For that he gets credit. But anything more? i doubt it.
Alonso lost his position because his move was considered precarious? Who judges this? Do they have a crystal ball? His mistakes on the negotiating table (if at all) decides if he is a better driver than SV or LH?? Its laughable.

THis is probably the only thing which is true to this thread- "The only thing that makes me happy is that how can our beloved team , raise the popularity of a driver even when he is not winning!!!!!
When Alo drove for us ,his popularity was on the top and he beat Vet in this game even when Seb was winning championships!"

+1. Couldn't agree more. What ticks me off is how Arivabene and Vettel has hijacked the credit of the men and women in the factory. If anything MA should be given the title of cheerleader no more.

Giallo 550
2nd June 2015, 11:48
Perhaps what's most telling is the fact that Alonso hasn't had a winning car in approximately a decade and he's still included in the discussion.

Ed Harley
2nd June 2015, 12:47
During this last decade he only won two WDCs and was a runner-up three times with Ferrari. It could of course be argued that it was all about the driver but I don't believe that.

Greig
2nd June 2015, 13:09
During this last decade he only won two WDCs and was a runner-up three times with Ferrari. It could of course be argued that it was all about the driver but I don't believe that.

And only Vettel has had more success but again not all about the driver.

mirafiori
2nd June 2015, 14:46
Well thats it then 2 Chain Hamilton is the best of the best.:lou

Stormy
2nd June 2015, 16:01
Well of course Hamilton is the best at the moment. He got the best car and he is way better then Rosberg. Saying otherwise its just not correct and honest.

abbottcostello
2nd June 2015, 16:02
Hamilton is essentially being given due credit for "finally growing out" of his whinging if a race did not go his way and a propensity to take ridiculous risks in races to improve position when he should have known when to be satisfied & bank important points.
Two major flaws that I miss dearly in Lewis! :lol
Personally, I think these traits could return if the Merc loses some of its dominance over the rest of the field. Admittedly, I could be wrong & he truly has matured, but I think it is just below the surface waiting for some adversity to bring it out.

wisepie
2nd June 2015, 16:32
Last year it was Alonso who got all the credit from the paddock for being the best driver, and of course Hamilton looks to be the current best because of his car's domination. Yes, he's a great competitor but where's the depth? Put him in a lesser car and we'd soon see some holes in that argument.

SS454
2nd June 2015, 16:48
I can totally understand the results. When Schumacher was driving a dominant Ferrari, nobody argued he was by far the greatest driver, and I stand by that opinion. It wasn't just that he was able to be fast and win, it was how he could make the team better, how he compared to his teammate, etc. Lewis currently is showing those traits.

I think Franz Tost's comments about Alonso and Vettel are spot on. Ferrari as a team does seem different with Vettel this year compared to with Alonso from last year, evening stretching into 2013. Of course when the team builds a better car, the moral goes up as well, so not all credit to Vettel. But the point he makes about Alonso's value based on his attitude is true. He seems a bit sour, and he's exactly smashing Button like one would expect.

While I still would choose Alonso to be my driver, I think the poll is correct for this moment in time.

racingbradley
2nd June 2015, 17:02
Quote "“Alonso has fallen in value,” explained Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost, “because by his character he put himself in an unnecessarily precarious situation.

Must admit Franz I have issues with that statement.
If character is the decider then Hamilton has mega issues---is he a driver, rapper or a celebrity??????
He certainly behaves differently to the other drivers!!!!!!
Yes he can win races albeit in the best car on the grid.
As for Rosberg he hasn't got Toto's ear nor Niki's---if I were him I would look for another drive,
As regards character he stands tall compared to Ram
End of rant. :-)

Giallo 550
2nd June 2015, 18:02
Quote "“Alonso has fallen in value,” explained Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost, “because by his character he put himself in an unnecessarily precarious situation.

Must admit Franz I have issues with that statement.
If character is the decider then Hamilton has mega issues---is he a driver, rapper or a celebrity??????
He certainly behaves differently to the other drivers!!!!!!
Yes he can win races albeit in the best car on the grid.
As for Rosberg he hasn't got Toto's ear nor Niki's---if I were him I would look for another drive,
As regards character he stands tall compared to Ram
End of rant. :-)

I agree. Hamilton's conduct after Monaco was good by his standards, but poor by that of any other driver. Hitting the car marker at the end and stalking around was very unbecoming of world champion behavior.

TigerKing
2nd June 2015, 19:33
I agree. Hamilton's conduct after Monaco was good by his standards, but poor by that of any other driver. Hitting the car marker at the end and stalking around was very unbecoming of world champion behavior.

I thought he was acting sort of like a Drama Queen by stoping his car at Portiers and then slowing driving back. Also, instead of taking responsibility of wanting to change tyres, he stood there sulking while his fanboys/fangirls clouded the internet blaming Mercedes of cheating Lewis by gifting Nico a win. His conduct was ok but as a driver he does not support his team.
A reason why I would NEVER like to see him at Ferrari. No one can blame Ferrari especially for his own mistakes!

Tony
2nd June 2015, 21:34
The article says all 10 team principals were surveyed for this poll....

wickedf1
3rd June 2015, 04:06
:doh

The medias can say whatever they want always they say this for every champion. But I never change! Still for me it will be Vettel who is the best. Words do not make a man the champion only the man can make himself the champion on the track.

Brembo
3rd June 2015, 09:37
:doh

The medias can say whatever they want always they say this for every champion. But I never change! Still for me it will be Vettel who is the best. Words do not make a man the champion only the man can make himself the champion on the track.

True indeed, Lewis first needs to win a race or 2 and maybe a pole pos. this year to make himself a champion. and not just media words. :rotfl

mark p
3rd June 2015, 12:53
I always imagine Alonso loved winning this vote. No pressure for the title as car was not good enough but at least allowed him to fight near the front then most of F1 managers said he was the best driver. Now he is so far down the grid and all round game has come under question. Sounds like the rumours he is an awkward character that can effect team performance in a negative way came through a bit from the Torro Rosso TP. Oh well....Ferraris loss was their gain and McLarens gain is actually their loss. Got to say for whatever reason this feels like the best period at Ferrari for many years as it seems they are consistently progressing.

racingbradley
3rd June 2015, 21:09
True indeed, Lewis first needs to win a race or 2 and maybe a pole pos. this year to make himself a champion. and not just media words. :rotfl

Careful Brembo sarcasm!!!:rotfl:rotfl
Team bosses may have agreed that Ham is the best atm but how many of them, if they had the car, would want to employ him????
Clearly Arrivabene wasn't interested. Thank God :-)

killer
3rd June 2015, 22:05

If you are going to argue the first and third points you raised, you have to hold Hamilton and Alonso to the same standards. You can't cite Lewis being "prone to unchampion like conduct" as the reason he doesn't deserve the top spot and then say Fernando should not have been judged based on "his mistakes at the negotiating table".

killer
3rd June 2015, 22:10
+1. Couldn't agree more. What ticks me off is how Arivabene and Vettel has hijacked the credit of the men and women in the factory. If anything MA should be given the title of cheerleader no more.

I don't see Maurizio and Seb as having hijacked anything. In the article, Maurizio only talks about Lewis and the comments regarding Seb were from Tost.

killer
3rd June 2015, 22:13
The article says all 10 team principals were surveyed for this poll....

Pesky fact. Meh. :lou

:-D

I think it needs asking: where is all this animosity towards Lewis coming from?

wickedf1
4th June 2015, 00:20

I know you are making a joke. :-D

For me, Sebastian and Kimi they are the best champion. I do not have to hide the face I am always proud to be the fan. :thumb

Fireblade
4th June 2015, 00:28
This is supposedly a Ferrari site, yes? Maybe we can get a thread going on the Canadian GP instead of another "You Will Love Lewis" indoctrination session.

REDARMYSOJA
4th June 2015, 00:53
The 30-year-old was the clear vote winner, with 35 points compared to 22 for Ferrari’s Vettel, and 12 for Spaniard Alonso.

Well it wasn't unanimous, which some seem to think. It's actually a pretty slim margin.

I've thought for awhile now that Alonso is the best driver, with Hamilton a close second and I still think that. Vettel in 3rd I wouldn't argue with. So this is all pretty close to my opinion.

But actually I think there is a very, very slim margin that separates the three and any one is probably better then the other two in some phase or another.

Guys like Button and Kimi are very close as well. Kimi can be as good as any of them when he wants, which is what is most frustrating with him. And if I were running a team I would be hard pressed not to choose Button over all of them.

I've never liked naming any one single driver as the best or especially the "best ever". All these guys are pretty good. I think the best you can really do is make a list of all that are better than most of the others, and in no particular order.

REDARMYSOJA
4th June 2015, 00:56

I'd say most of it comes from him not driving for Ferrari.

Brembo
4th June 2015, 02:25
What we need @ Ferrari is a car as good as Lewis' car, not Lewis. With Seb & Kimi driver wise, were good to go. I'm sure that if Lewis did drive for Ferrari he would be respected as the great driver he is. A good example is Seb while at Red Bull waving his finger was not too well recieved here. But now he's respected for his driving and being a great person, rightfully so. IMO the same would and does go for Lewis.

fmatiasii
4th June 2015, 04:11
IMO, Lewis is the best ONLY because of the car's performance. Try putting him in an inferior car and let's see if he can replicate what Alonso and Vettel had accomplished.

REDARMYSOJA
4th June 2015, 04:52
IMO, Lewis is the best ONLY because of the car's performance. Try putting him in an inferior car and let's see if he can replicate what Alonso and Vettel had accomplished.

I seem to recall him doing pretty good in that 2009 dog McLaren built.

Rishu
4th June 2015, 06:55
It's natural to have winning drivers rated ahead of peers. Vettel was voted ahead of both Alonso & Hamilton in BBC's top 20 couple of years back, now we have Hamilton taking lime light.

I've always liked Hamilton, the driver & still think he is a close 2nd to Alonso. Those who doubt his performance in inferior cars, should recollect 2009 season

racingbradley
4th June 2015, 08:28
Those who doubt his performance in inferior cars, should recollect 2009 season

He did quite well in the 2nd half of 2009 but Massa out performed him in the first half. Sadly he was not there to compare the 2 in the second half.:-s
Somehow Lewis had trouble with KERS. :-)

Tony
4th June 2015, 13:39

I was going to say the same thing actually. Forum members might not like the way he acts or dresses, but that doesn't change the fact that he is an excellent race car driver...

f412
4th June 2015, 13:56

WDC Points

Lewis 98 Massa 97 kimi 75 kubica 75 alonso 75 seb 35

jenson 95 seb 84 rubens 77 mark 69.5 lewis 49

seb 256 alonso 252 mark 242 lewis 240

seb 392 jenson 270 mark 258 alonso 257 hamilton 227

seb 281 alonso 278 kimi 207 lewis 190 jenson 188

and so on... lewis was no where near champion ship lead compared to alonso...jenson mark or kimi... until 2014... where his car was 2 seconds faster ... all of a sudden he is the best now??? because the car is goddammn fast.. not fair... i agree he is fast... so is everyone on a faster car... Redbull Qualification average was never more than 2-tenth or three tenth compared to other cars.If in doubt you can check the qualification times from wikipidia for each race..sebastian was never more than two tenth away from the next car... Red bull didnt have that much Advantage.But Seb made the difference with this driving style.made most out of the car's rear downforce to get more speed in and out of corners... it was never just about the car..

Brembo
5th June 2015, 02:35
From 2008 to 2012 there's Lewis in the top 5. Great way to show how good he is! And fast foward to 2015 he is the top driver. A shame he's cursed with a great car that takes away from how good a driver he is. Seb @ Red Bull was cursed the same with his rocket ship taking away from his driving. What F1 needs is a WDC in a Marussia to show a true driver champoion ! :rotfl

Tofarati
5th June 2015, 10:57

Pesky facts? Name the other 8 TPs. Fyi, I don't begrudge Lewis as a matter of fact I've come to admire him more for his racecraft and maturity these days.

Tofarati
5th June 2015, 11:13

What inferior car has Vettel driven?. And don't give us the TR win in the wet.

mandzipop
5th June 2015, 11:47
What inferior car has Vettel driven?. And don't give us the TR win in the wet.

As a Ferrari fan I believe Seb only started driving for Ferrari in 2015. All other cars are inferior. :-P

(just kidding)

In all seriousness, the Red Bull wasn't always the best car every race Seb won. However we are talking about this TP vote.

If it was purely down to 2015 then Alonso wouldn't be 3rd as he hasn't finished enough races to judge. So I'm guessing previous form must be having some input.

FerrariSteve
6th June 2015, 19:58
Easy to be the best when you have an absolute rocketship of a car and your teammate isn't allowed to go wheel to wheel with you.

Brembo
7th June 2015, 01:38
Easy to be the best when you have an absolute rocketship of a car and your teammate isn't allowed to go wheel to wheel with you.

Well Seb no longer has a rocketship as you say, and still he's doing great what what he has.

abbottcostello
7th June 2015, 07:30
Well Seb no longer has a rocketship as you say, and still he's doing great what what he has.
:thumb

Alessandra
7th June 2015, 08:02
Perhaps what's most telling is the fact that Alonso hasn't had a winning car in approximately a decade and he's still included in the discussion.

:thumb

“Alonso has fallen in value,” explained Toro Rosso chief Franz Tost, “because by his character he put himself in an unnecessarily precarious situation.

What exactly does that mean? I'd say by his character he's very loyal to whatever team he's driving for . Doesn't that count for anything these days?

Brembo
7th June 2015, 09:52
Lewis' character, Alonso's character ??? You are so right asking doesn't their loyalty to their team when driving count for anything? Lewis got lucky big time car wise, whereas Alonso didn;t but he still gives 100% + That takes character.

killer
8th June 2015, 00:06
Pesky facts? Name the other 8 TPs. Fyi, I don't begrudge Lewis as a matter of fact I've come to admire him more for his racecraft and maturity these days.

"Formula 1 team bosses have voted unanimously that Lewis Hamilton the best driver in Formula 1 today.

Auto Bild magazine ran the survey among all ten rival team principals in the paddock [...]"

Very first lines here: http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/06/01/hamilton-voted-best-of-the-best-by-f1-team-bosses/

REDARMYSOJA
8th June 2015, 00:30
"Formula 1 team bosses have voted unanimously that Lewis Hamilton the best driver in Formula 1 today.

Auto Bild magazine ran the survey among all ten rival team principals in the paddock [...]"

Very first lines here: http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/06/01/hamilton-voted-best-of-the-best-by-f1-team-bosses/

Those headlines are a bit dis-ingenuous. It wasn't unanimous, just look at the vote.

Giallo 550
8th June 2015, 01:15
They might have confused "unanimous" with "anonymous."

killer
8th June 2015, 05:26
Those headlines are a bit dis-ingenuous. It wasn't unanimous, just look at the vote.

I agree. I was replying to a comment that said not all the TPs were asked.

Stormsearcher
8th June 2015, 11:20
Lewis' character, Alonso's character ??? You are so right asking doesn't their loyalty to their team when driving count for anything? Lewis got lucky big time car wise, whereas Alonso didn;t but he still gives 100% + That takes character.

+100 :thumb

Nova
8th June 2015, 12:00
Well, theres 4 or 5 actual top drivers...I guess whoever has the best
car when they vote on this gets the nod.

Silent Bob
9th June 2015, 12:51

I think that when you rate a driver, especially when you are a TP, for a potential spot on your team, you have to take into account a driver's character and personality. If a driver is a destabilizing influence on the team, then he might not be a driver you rate very highly. That driver, good as he is, may not benefit your team. However, if the survey is only about a driver's 'driving' skills, then character shouldn't matter. In this case the top 3 are almost inseparable.

Brembo
10th June 2015, 02:30
I believe every team has a favorite driver. And that in itself affects their driving skills during each race. Ex. doing a nose job on Weber's car, Brawn pitting Rubens 3x to help Button win. " Let him pass!" I'll stop there. All that for sure can as you say cause a driver to have a destabilizing influence on his team. Working through all that and still giving there best for sure shows geat character , equal to their winning teamate, while their true driving skills may well be held back. In both cases "The check in the mail" helps everyone to move foward.

VresiBerba
21st June 2015, 19:21
LH has improved as a person, yes, but i still cant see him as the "best of the best". He is still prone to very unchampion like conduct.

What is "unchampion like conduct"? Is whatever that conduct is, any worse than Shumi stopping at Rascasse in Monaco, 2006? Or Alonso holding up Lewis in the Hungarian Q3, 2008? Or Lewis lying to the stewards at the 2009 Australian Grand Prix? Or Vettel twirling his finger at Webber's head after his demise in the Hungarian 2010 Grand Prix?

These are all World Champions and they all arguably behaved questionably at one point or another. So what is "unchampion like conduct"?

wickedf1
23rd June 2015, 23:23
What is "unchampion like conduct"? Is whatever that conduct is, any worse than Shumi stopping at Rascasse in Monaco, 2006? Or Alonso holding up Lewis in the Hungarian Q3, 2008? Or Lewis lying to the stewards at the 2009 Australian Grand Prix? Or Vettel twirling his finger at Webber's head after his demise in the Hungarian 2010 Grand Prix?

These are all World Champions and they all arguably behaved questionably at one point or another. So what is "unchampion like conduct"?

You are compare these lyings and cheatings to Vettel twirls the finger? Not the same or close and Vettel is not a champion in this time! :furious

FerrariSteve
12th July 2015, 21:17
I didn't want to create a new thread and spam the forums so I'm putting this in here, hope its ok mods.

I just read this on the BBC news site, I swear I laughed so much I almost pulled a muscle, Hammy thrown out of Wimbledon final. lol!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33501951

hahhaa awesome

mark p
12th July 2015, 22:45
I didn't want to create a new thread and spam the forums so I'm putting this in here, hope its ok mods.

I just read this on the BBC news site, I swear I laughed so much I almost pulled a muscle, Hammy thrown out of Wimbledon final. lol!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/33501951

hahhaa awesome

Ah, they weren't dazzled by the Gold Chain? I am sure he could of sourced shoes, tie and jacket from somewhere. Oh well he will get over it by winning the next race at a canter. If I was at Wimbledon in jacket, tie and shoes I would of sold them to him for £20,000 as long as he was not allergic to Topman products.

killer
12th July 2015, 23:54
Hahahahahahahahaha did you all read about when Lewis was caught clubbing defenseless baby seals? Hahahahahaha funny that one.

mirafiori
13th July 2015, 07:56
You can not make this story up, so, 2 chain Hamilton gets an invitation to attend the men's Wimbledon final but not any old ticket this was for the royal box, I would say once in a life time opportunity and 2 chain Hamilton presents himself and gets thrown out because he turned up like COCO the CLOWN. This is why I hope he will never drive for us at Ferrari.

Rob
13th July 2015, 13:06
Ah, they weren't dazzled by the Gold Chain? I am sure he could of sourced shoes, tie and jacket from somewhere. Oh well he will get over it by winning the next race at a canter. If I was at Wimbledon in jacket, tie and shoes I would of sold them to him for £20,000 as long as he was not allergic to Topman products.

Topman, no. I would of sent him to George at ASDA, :rotfl

Cannt believe he didnt read the dress code or even think in his self absorbed head that turning up to sit in the Royal Box in straw hat, Krusty Clown reject shirt and shorts they would of let him in. Just because he IS Lewis Hamilton. Please get your head out of ****

Alessandra
13th July 2015, 15:45
Good old Wimbledon! Still living in the 1950s!
Perhaps they didn't really know who Lewis Hamilton is?
They obviouly didn't know he's a 'brand' now; brands wear what they jolly well like!

mirafiori
13th July 2015, 16:28
Good old Wimbledon! Still living in the 1950s!
Perhaps they didn't really know who Lewis Hamilton is?
They obviouly didn't know he's a 'brand' now; brands wear what they jolly well like!

If it is good enough for the players to respect the rules and regulations then surly people who watch these great athletes should also respect the etiquette of Wimbledon. 2 chain Hamilton is not good enough to clean the shoes of Novak and Roger, these guys are a credit to the sport of tennis, humble in defeat and always respectful to others, where as 2 chain Hamilton is the complete opposite.

stefa
13th July 2015, 16:43
If it is good enough for the players to respect the rules and regulations then surly people who watch these great athletes should also respect the etiquette of Wimbledon. 2 chain Hamilton is not good enough to clean the shoes of Novak and Roger, these guys are a credit to the sport of tennis, humble in defeat and always respectful to others, where as 2 chain Hamilton is the complete opposite.

Well said :clap

I saw what he was wearing comming to Wimbledon. Sweet Mother of God! Like a clown! No class at all!

Fireblade
13th July 2015, 17:06
I seem to recall him doing pretty good in that 2009 dog McLaren built.

It was hardly a dog, it was the quickest car on the grid in the second half of the season.

Alessandra
13th July 2015, 18:44

I’m afraid I was being ironic (mostly), always a mistake, but….
I do think that to require men to wear ties and jackets in the ‘royal’ box - especially in the temperatures that have existed at Wimbledon this year - is a bit hard and not a little antiquated. Being British myself, I’m allowed to say that.

I’m not sure that either Roger or Novak would have been personally offended by Lewis’ attire- whatever it was. And, I defer to no one in my admiration of the great Federer and the almost equal Djokovic. They are extraordinary athletes and sportsmen both. But I think they had higher matters on their minds at the time.

The thing is I feel sorry for Lewis, unaccountably, on occasions. He seems so desperate for attention, which is sad, but apparently, he’s the second most popular F1 driver with the (92% male) F1 fans who responded to the great debate on the future of F1 in the F1 Magazine, so clearly I needn’t worry about him too much.

Stormy
13th July 2015, 19:03
I respect Hamilton very much, but there is a tradition at Wimbledon that you need to respect.
Do you guys think that if Prince Harry did not respected the dress code, he would've been forbidden to enter?

Brembo
13th July 2015, 19:29
BBC... The main event @ Wembledon was Lewis' attire !! A F1 driver steals the show at a tennis match! Lewis "Knows " what sports fans want to see! He's " The Man " .

mirafiori
13th July 2015, 19:43
I’m afraid I was being ironic (mostly), always a mistake, but….
I do think that to require men to wear ties and jackets in the ‘royal’ box - especially in the temperatures that have existed at Wimbledon this year - is a bit hard and not a little antiquated. Being British myself, I’m allowed to say that.

I’m not sure that either Roger or Novak would have been personally offended by Lewis’ attire- whatever it was. And, I defer to no one in my admiration of the great Federer and the almost equal Djokovic. They are extraordinary athletes and sportsmen both. But I think they had higher matters on their minds at the time.

The thing is I feel sorry for Lewis, unaccountably, on occasions. He seems so desperate for attention, which is sad, but apparently, he’s the second most popular F1 driver with the (92% male) F1 fans who responded to the great debate on the future of F1 in the F1 Magazine, so clearly I needn’t worry about him too much.
The rules of Wimbledon are clear especially when sitting in the royal box, you seem quite happy to break those rules for poor old 2 chain Hamilton, using the excuse the weather is to hot and both Novak and Roger would not be offended in how Hamilton was dressed. Both Novak and Roger have to abide to the rules and wear the appropriate clothing. The truth is Hamilton is a spoilt brat and deserved to be thrown out. Again I repeat both Novak and Roger are proper SPORTSMAN, HUMBLE and RESPECTFUL where as Hamilton is the complete opposite, remember how Hamilton conducted himself only a few races ago at Monaco.

evo_spook
13th July 2015, 20:00

wow

I'll leave this here

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/620627852564824064

evo_spook
13th July 2015, 20:02
Again I repeat both Novak and Roger are proper SPORTSMAN, HUMBLE and RESPECTFUL where as Hamilton is the complete opposite, remember how Hamilton conducted himself only a few races ago at Monaco.

I'm sorry you are so full of it, you make yourself look stupid.

evo_spook
13th July 2015, 20:09
Hey Mirafiori

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/10142921/Roger-Federer-banned-from-wearing-new-Nike-trainers-at-Wimbledon-because-of-orange-soles.html

tut how dare he!

mirafiori
13th July 2015, 22:05
Hey Mirafiori

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/wimbledon/10142921/Roger-Federer-banned-from-wearing-new-Nike-trainers-at-Wimbledon-because-of-orange-soles.html

tut how dare he!

Well this just goes to show how stupid you are, why are you showing me something that makes no sense, the rules for the players are they must play in White but are allowed to have some flashes of colours but it was deemed Roger Federer white trainers was a step to far because when serving revealed to much orange on the soles WOW. All players are allowed to have some colours especially for logos on there clothing. Are you trying to compare Federer flash of orange to COCO the CLOWN trying to get into the royal box. Sorry but I can not stop laughing.

mirafiori
13th July 2015, 22:11
I'm sorry you are so full of it, you make yourself look stupid.

I know the truth hurts especially when you are a huge fan of 2 chain Hamilton but if you can not handle the truth then that's your problem.

Greig
13th July 2015, 22:11
Yawn, who really cares what Lewis does in his own time?

Not quite sure how this "news" is even worth a mention on here?

Schumacher_Fan
13th July 2015, 22:59
Yawn, who really cares what Lewis does in his own time?

Not quite sure how this "news" is even worth a mention on here?

Hi Greig, hope your all ok, I know we haven't spoken for about 10 years. Hamilton is definitely one of the greats that is for sure

evo_spook
14th July 2015, 07:21
wow

I'll leave this here

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/620627852564824064

You didn't reply to this?

Lewis is always doing lots for disabled children, I don't see your perfect tennis stars doing the same.

evo_spook
14th July 2015, 07:22
I know the truth hurts especially when you are a huge fan of 2 chain Hamilton but if you can not handle the truth then that's your problem.

The truth is, you have issues that you have some much hate it distorts your thinking.

Alessandra
14th July 2015, 09:01
I respect Hamilton very much, but there is a tradition at Wimbledon that you need to respect.
Do you guys think that if Prince Harry did not respected the dress code, he would've been forbidden to enter?

Well, there's a thought:-)

mirafiori
14th July 2015, 09:45
You didn't reply to this?

Lewis is always doing lots for disabled children, I don't see your perfect tennis stars doing the same.

You really have lost it, so you are scratching around the Internet to find images of 2 chain Hamilton with disabled people, this proves absolutely nothing, these are events held by Mercedes for good causes. If Hamilton was such a good person and wants to help all those unfortunate people here in the UK then why does he avoid paying his taxes. I pay my taxes and i'am very proud to do so and I then do not need to do publicity stunts to con all those idiots out there to prove iam such a great person.

Greig
14th July 2015, 10:21
You really have lost it, so you are scratching around the Internet to find images of 2 chain Hamilton with disabled people, this proves absolutely nothing, these are events held by Mercedes for good causes. If Hamilton was such a good person and wants to help all those unfortunate people here in the UK then why does he avoid paying his taxes. I pay my taxes and i'am very proud to do so and I then do not need to do publicity stunts to con all those idiots out there to prove iam such a great person.

He is doing work for charity regardless of who organises it, for you to belittle that says a lot more about you than Lewis and makes you look rather pathetic to be honest.

But really if you wish to discuss his private life and obsess over everything he does than I am sure there is more appropriate forums to do so rather than this Ferrari F1 forum.....

mirafiori
14th July 2015, 10:47
He is doing work for charity regardless of who organises it, for you to belittle that says a lot more about you than Lewis and makes you look rather pathetic to be honest.

But really if you wish to discuss his private life and obsess over everything he does than I am sure there is more appropriate forums to do so rather than this Ferrari F1 forum.....

All iam doing is replying on a Hamilton thread, someone says something to me and then I reply back. It's my opinion and some people agree with me and some people don't. We all know you are the boss on this forum and with a flick of your finger members can come and go and there is not much I can do about that.

Brembo
15th July 2015, 01:32
Superman wore a cape and a big "S" on his chest. Batman a mask and a cape. Lewis is a F1 super hero, he can wear whatever he wants. he's in 1st place wherever he travels.

stefa
15th July 2015, 05:21
Superman wore a cape and a big "S" on his chest. Batman a mask and a cape. Lewis is a F1 super hero, he can wear whatever he wants. he's in 1st place wherever he travels.

Isn't this a little too much...? I really hope you are being ironic here :-)

Greig
15th July 2015, 05:36
All iam doing is replying on a Hamilton thread, someone says something to me and then I reply back. It's my opinion and some people agree with me and some people don't. We all know you are the boss on this forum and with a flick of your finger members can come and go and there is not much I can do about that.

It's a thread about Hamilton in F1, not about his clothing or his personal life.

Giallo 550
15th July 2015, 06:19
Can someone please explain to me how Hamilton's clothes are relevant to Scuderia Ferrari?

mirafiori
15th July 2015, 12:45
Can someone please explain to me how Hamilton's clothes are relevant to Scuderia Ferrari?

Sorry Greig but had to reply. To Giallo, the way Hamilton dresses is relevant to Ferrari because you can bet any money he will want to drive for Ferrari one day. My youngest son has gone on a school trip today, before he left home my wife checked what he was wearing and we both told him how important it is to dress appropriately and to make sure he conducts himself properly. I said to him you are now representing your family and more importantly you are also representing your school. For me this is no different to Lewis Hamilton when he is out and about in his private life. I wonder how the board of Mercedes really feel about Hamilton not being dressed correctly for the royal box at Wimbledon. Do you know what, I think Mercedes don't care less how Hamilton is dressed but I really think Ferrari would care, the big question is will Hamilton ever drive for the greatest f1 team and I really believe how he conducts himself will prevent him ever driving for Ferrari. Now in three years time when those of you who love Hamilton can not understand why Ferrari did not employ him I will remind you that the Ferrari brand is more important.

TigerKing
15th July 2015, 13:34
Well said Mirafiori! He may have the talent but in F1, the driver needs to have the talent, the charisma and ability to handle politics. Hamilton can't handle politics and IMO lacks charisma.

fratelliferrari
15th July 2015, 16:16
Sorry Greig but had to reply. To Giallo, the way Hamilton dresses is relevant to Ferrari because you can bet any money he will want to drive for Ferrari one day. My youngest son has gone on a school trip today, before he left home my wife checked what he was wearing and we both told him how important it is to dress appropriately and to make sure he conducts himself properly. I said to him you are now representing your family and more importantly you are also representing your school. For me this is no different to Lewis Hamilton when he is out and about in his private life. I wonder how the board of Mercedes really feel about Hamilton not being dressed correctly for the royal box at Wimbledon. Do you know what, I think Mercedes don't care less how Hamilton is dressed but I really think Ferrari would care, the big question is will Hamilton ever drive for the greatest f1 team and I really believe how he conducts himself will prevent him ever driving for Ferrari. Now in three years time when those of you who love Hamilton can not understand why Ferrari did not employ him I will remind you that the Ferrari brand is more important.

I completely agree with you mirafiori :thumb

Giallo 550
15th July 2015, 16:17

For the record, I agree with you, but he's not driving for Ferrari, and will not for the the foreseeable future. We have Vettel. I can't imagine Ferrari dumping him for Hamilton, or having him as Vettel's teammate, so it's pretty much a nonissue.

mirafiori
15th July 2015, 16:45
For the record, I agree with you, but he's not driving for Ferrari, and will not for the the foreseeable future. We have Vettel. I can't imagine Ferrari dumping him for Hamilton, or having him as Vettel's teammate, so it's pretty much a nonissue.

I also agree with you, I think Vettel is the right man for Ferrari at the moment.:thumb

ferrari4life
15th July 2015, 18:28
Hamilton Hamilton Hamilton!!!!
bring him home to Ferrari....:-D

Brembo
15th July 2015, 19:17
Well said Mirafiori! He may have the talent but in F1, the driver needs to have the talent, the charisma and ability to handle politics. Hamilton can't handle politics and IMO lacks charisma.

You just described how most Ferrari fans thought of Seb while @ Red Bull, maybe even worse. [Finger waving etc.] Now with Ferrari. Seb had and continues to have the driving skills of a champion, true carisma, and won the hearts of most Ferrari fans whenever interviewed. Lewis won over the team bosses vote big time because he is a champion driver and in the #1 spot in all of F1. As soon as Ferrari gets Seb's car right Lewis and Merc will have to move over, I hope this year, not 2016 or later.

Greig
15th July 2015, 20:37

So you will tell your son how to dress when he is 30? Are you seriously suggesting Ferrari check every employee for what they are wearing when they are on their own free time? clearly you have no idea at all and honestly you are becoming a bit embarrassing with this.

MS did more to damage the Ferrari brand than any piece of clothing ever could but yeah you certainly have your finger on the pulse on the real issues at Maranello, fashion is off course what they hire people on not talent.....LOL too funny.

mirafiori
15th July 2015, 21:42
So you will tell your son how to dress when he is 30? Are you seriously suggesting Ferrari check every employee for what they are wearing when they are on their own free time? clearly you have no idea at all and honestly you are becoming a bit embarrassing with this.

MS did more to damage the Ferrari brand than any piece of clothing ever could but yeah you certainly have your finger on the pulse on the real issues at Maranello, fashion is off course what they hire people on not talent.....LOL too funny.

Sorry but your reply is incredible, when you look at any F1 team it's nearly all about the drivers and no I would never suggest that Ferrari or even Mercedes would check and control its staff for what they are wearing and really who cares about the mechanics and office staff. When Wimbeldon invited Hamilton to the royal box they did not invite the 1,500 employees of Mercedes its Hamilton they want and he represents Brand Mercedes, so when Hamilton turned up looking like Coco the clown he let himself and Mercedes down. MS was a decade ago and times have changed and now image is everything and No way would Sergio Marchionne allow that idiot to walk around the paddock with his gold chains covering the Ferrari emblem.

evo_spook
15th July 2015, 22:44
1,500 employees of Mercedes its Hamilton they want and he represents Brand Mercedes, so when Hamilton turned up looking like Coco the clown he let himself and Mercedes down. MS was a decade ago and times have changed and now image is everything and No way would Sergio Marchionne allow that idiot to walk around the paddock with his gold chains covering the Ferrari emblem.

The thing is Lewis did not dress like a clown, just in his own style. Do you think everyone should dress the same or that we should judge people on how they dress rather then how they act/

your prejudice just shows through, rather then say, Marchionne would not allow Lewis to walk in the paddock with gold chains, you have to say Idiot. Your bile is getting the better off you in every post, just cause you don't agree with someone it doesn't make them a idiot.

I enjoy watching you get lower and lower cause it makes more people stay away from supporting your views.

drivers in f1 are normally judged on the results not if they wear a gold chain.

Greig
16th July 2015, 05:40
Sorry but your reply is incredible, when you look at any F1 team it's nearly all about the drivers and no I would never suggest that Ferrari or even Mercedes would check and control its staff for what they are wearing and really who cares about the mechanics and office staff. When Wimbeldon invited Hamilton to the royal box they did not invite the 1,500 employees of Mercedes its Hamilton they want and he represents Brand Mercedes, so when Hamilton turned up looking like Coco the clown he let himself and Mercedes down. MS was a decade ago and times have changed and now image is everything and No way would Sergio Marchionne allow that idiot to walk around the paddock with his gold chains covering the Ferrari emblem.

Image is everything, you keep saying this as if it makes it true. Since when was image everything? You are just making that up to furnish your burning desire to hate on Lewis.

So what would be better for the Ferrari brand? winning races and titles or drivers who wear clothing you deem suitable? hahaha no need for you to reply as clearly you have dug a hole so deep you can't get out of it.

mirafiori
16th July 2015, 07:35
The thing is Lewis did not dress like a clown, just in his own style. Do you think everyone should dress the same or that we should judge people on how they dress rather then how they act/

your prejudice just shows through, rather then say, Marchionne would not allow Lewis to walk in the paddock with gold chains, you have to say Idiot. Your bile is getting the better off you in every post, just cause you don't agree with someone it doesn't make them a idiot.

I enjoy watching you get lower and lower cause it makes more people stay away from supporting your views.

As far as i'am concerned if you are turned away from the royal box at Wimbledon then you are a Clown and an idiot. Do I think everyone should dress the same, no of course not but you should dress for the occasion in hand. I do not want to see Hamilton drive for Ferrari even if it means we miss out on a WDC Title. Sorry Gold Chains over the Ferrari emblem and taking his dog Roscoe to a team briefing is not what we need at Ferrari. Yes evo spook you are right some members will not agree with me but some members do. By the way Hamilton has 2 dogs one is called Roscoe and the other dog he named him after himself. You should google it.

ferrari4life
16th July 2015, 13:00
As far as i'am concerned if you are turned away from the royal box at Wimbledon then you are a Clown and an idiot. Do I think everyone should dress the same, no of course not but you should dress for the occasion in hand. I do not want to see Hamilton drive for Ferrari even if it means we miss out on a WDC Title. Sorry Gold Chains over the Ferrari emblem and taking his dog Roscoe to a team briefing is not what we need at Ferrari. Yes evo spook you are right some members will not agree with me but some members do. By the way Hamilton has 2 dogs one is called Roscoe and the other dog he named him after himself. You should google it.

And Wimbledon with their uptight dress code is the expert on fashion. Sorry to inform you that not all cultures consider a coat and tie formal wear.

TigerKing
16th July 2015, 14:33

I'm sure you wouldn't mind if Kimi walked into the paddock in Hungary wearing Lady Gaga's meat dress then?

TigerKing
16th July 2015, 14:36
And Wimbledon with their uptight dress code is the expert on fashion. Sorry to inform you that not all cultures consider a coat and tie formal wear.

If you go to a formal party in India, you wear a Kurta or Sari. If you go to Kenya for a formal party, you wear Kenyan formal clothing. If you go to Japan for a formal party, you wear the Japanese equivalent of suit and tie.
The thing is, if your host is in Britian, you follow their tradition, not your own.

mirafiori
16th July 2015, 14:47
If you go to a formal party in India, you wear a Kurta or Sari. If you go to Kenya for a formal party, you wear Kenyan formal clothing. If you go to Japan for a formal party, you wear the Japanese equivalent of suit and tie.
The thing is, if your host is in Britian, you follow their tradition, not your own.
Well said TigerKing.

ferrari4life
16th July 2015, 15:39

i disagree. if you are invited to a formal party you should wear the formal dress your heritage calls for not one that the host's heritage calls for.

mirafiori
16th July 2015, 15:45
i disagree. if you are invited to a formal party you should wear the formal dress your heritage calls for not one that the host's heritage calls for.

When in Rome.

ferrari4life
16th July 2015, 15:48
When in Rome.

guess that is the difference in personalities i guess. I feel that you should be proud of who you are and what you stand for. While someone people feel they should be who others want them to be.

Probably the difference between winners and looser as well. Winners take what they want while loosers give in to the winners.

TigerKing
16th July 2015, 15:57
guess that is the difference in personalities i guess. I feel that you should be proud of who you are and what you stand for. While someone people feel they should be who others want them to be.

Probably the difference between winners and looser as well. Winners take what they want while loosers give in to the winners.

Ok it seems like we're both from the USA so maybe this should clear something up for you. I'm an immigrant who came to the USA to find a better life. Whilst I didn't give up my tradition, I respect the tradition of my new home (or host in Wimbletons case). If you want to show your culture, you do it where it's appropriate. Hammy can show his fashion at Lady Gaga's next fashion show where it would be appropriate but when it comes to the fashion of Wimbleton, he must respect the host.
The world isn't Hamilton's.

ferrari4life
16th July 2015, 16:23
Ok it seems like we're both from the USA so maybe this should clear something up for you. I'm an immigrant who came to the USA to find a better life. Whilst I didn't give up my tradition, I respect the tradition of my new home (or host in Wimbletons case). If you want to show your culture, you do it where it's appropriate. Hammy can show his fashion at Lady Gaga's next fashion show where it would be appropriate but when it comes to the fashion of Wimbleton, he must respect the host.
The world isn't Hamilton's.

I actually am also an immigrant who came to the USA to find a better life. You are not the only person in the world with a point of view. We differ in our opinions.
i would like to see Wimbledon turn down a head of state from a different country because they choose to wear the formal dress from their culture to it instead of the formal dress of Wimbledon.
Also I do not see many heads of state that visit other countries change their attire every time they visit a new country.

Ed Harley
16th July 2015, 16:29
I think it is just a good thing for the general public to get a clarification what 'smart casual' is not.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/03372/lewis-hamilton_3372996b.jpg

Rob
16th July 2015, 19:05
I think, he made really really made error by note reading the dress code. Even the guys on radiolemans Midweek motorsport show last night they were amazed at him. You dress accordlingly. Especially the Royal Box. Here just couple pictures i found of the Royal Box...

http://i62.tinypic.com/m8litk.jpg

even one of the biggest, what, style icons in the world gets it right..

http://i59.tinypic.com/24dpu92.jpg

mirafiori
16th July 2015, 20:03
I think, he made really really made error by note reading the dress code. Even the guys on radiolemans Midweek motorsport show last night they were amazed at him. You dress accordlingly. Especially the Royal Box. Here just couple pictures i found of the Royal Box...

http://i62.tinypic.com/m8litk.jpg

even one of the biggest, what, style icons in the world gets it right..

http://i59.tinypic.com/24dpu92.jpg

Yes Rob, you have David Becham, Andrew Strauss and the Gentlemen Bobby Charlton representing themselves and the Brand.

evo_spook
16th July 2015, 20:20
Why do you judge people on how they choose to look or represent a brand?

lewis does a lot of work with under privileged kids, that says more to me more then a tie does.

giodap
16th July 2015, 20:41

Well said Mirafiori. I could'nt agree more :thumb

giodap
16th July 2015, 20:49
Wether Ferrari are winning or losing, we must remember that form is temporary but class is permanent. This is the difference between a Scuderia Ferrari driver and a Mercedes Benz driver. WE ARE FERRARI

evo_spook
16th July 2015, 21:00
Wether Ferrari are winning or losing, we must remember that form is temporary but class is permanent. This is the difference between a Scuderia Ferrari driver and a Mercedes Benz driver. WE ARE FERRARI

shumacher was a Mercedes driver before and after Ferrari.
Vettel was a BMW driver

mirafiori
16th July 2015, 21:11

I would say it's one nil to me evo spook, it's clear you are a Hamilton fan. By the way did you google the name of Hamilton's other Dog which he called after himself. LOL.

evo_spook
16th July 2015, 21:24
Oh dear.

REDARMYSOJA
16th July 2015, 22:07
There is not much I care less about than what Lewis wore to a tennis match.

Giallo 550
17th July 2015, 04:58
Can we just put a lid on this already? Seriously, it has nothing to do with Ferrari.

mirafiori
17th July 2015, 08:11
Can we just put a lid on this already? Seriously, it has nothing to do with Ferrari.

Sorry and you are right, even my wife told me off.

Brembo
17th July 2015, 09:50
I would say it's one nil to me evo spook, it's clear you are a Hamilton fan. By the way did you google the name of Hamilton's other Dog which he called after himself. LOL.
Naming a dog after a dog, Lewis should have but didn't name his other dog SF15-T or 2015 Red. Lewis is #1 so far this year. LOL not a dog for sure. From the photos of the men tennis fans, it looks more like Lewis needed to be over 80 to get in and walk with a crutch. LOL Becham had to cover his tatooooos with a suit & tie or he would have been kicked out for imitating a painted circus clown. Lewis is voted best by F1 team bosses. Forget about tennis. F1 is what counts.

Rishu
18th July 2015, 05:05

Oh trust me, opinions change very quickly as soon as a hated driver starts driving for us