PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull - Aston Martin 2016

DJTaurus
4th July 2015, 21:05
Aston Martin in F1 talks with Red Bull over Mercedes engine deal (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119849)

Stormy
4th July 2015, 22:56
So let me get this straight. Aston Martin will bring Mercedes engine to Red Bull? That are quite the exact engines that the very team Mercedes are developing?
But Red Bull naturally as a wining team doesn't want Mercedes engines because Mercedes will give them lesser quality engines. Naturally they would want an exclusive distributor. And why are they making the deal through Aston Martin and not directly with Mercedes?
I'm so confused, i don't get this at all...

TigerKing
5th July 2015, 02:31
On the bright side, the energy drinks company won't mess with the real teams for the WDC/WCC anymore (Ferrari, Merc, McLaren)!

Infi24r
5th July 2015, 03:18
So let me get this straight. Aston Martin will bring Mercedes engine to Red Bull? That are quite the exact engines that the very team Mercedes are developing?
But Red Bull naturally as a wining team doesn't want Mercedes engines because Mercedes will give them lesser quality engines. Naturally they would want an exclusive distributor. And why are they making the deal through Aston Martin and not directly with Mercedes?
I'm so confused, i don't get this at all...

My understanding is currently Red Bull's title sponsor is Infiniti (even though we never hear them mentioned) that role will be replaced by Aston Martin and Renault's role by Merecedes as a customer team.

Considering how well Williams are doing with a shoestring budget and Mercedes customer engines this could be a big deal for Red Bull.

I wonder how this will effect our capacity to get Ricciardo. There has been talks of Ferrari being interested of late.

DJTaurus
5th July 2015, 08:36
Mercedes not discussing engine deal with Red Bull, says Lauda (http://adamcooperf1.com/2015/07/05/mercedes-not-discussing-engine-deal-with-red-bull-says-lauda/)

Stormy
5th July 2015, 15:31
My understanding is currently Red Bull's title sponsor is Infiniti (even though we never hear them mentioned) that role will be replaced by Aston Martin and Renault's role by Merecedes as a customer team.

Considering how well Williams are doing with a shoestring budget and Mercedes customer engines this could be a big deal for Red Bull.

I wonder how this will effect our capacity to get Ricciardo. There has been talks of Ferrari being interested of late.
Yeah i get that part. But the part i don't get is that i thought that Red Bull are a huge team that would never consider taking an engine from a rival. Who that rival will naturally give them lesser quality engines. I guess Red Bull doesn't have a championship mentality anymore. What they want to do most probably is just marketing and be successful as is Williams of late. Or maybe they will stick with Mercedes till they find a solid exclusive engine manufacturer.

Nova
6th July 2015, 01:12
Lauda says no deal, so...anyone read his new book yet?

Fireblade
6th July 2015, 03:00
Yeah i get that part. But the part i don't get is that i thought that Red Bull are a huge team that would never consider taking an engine from a rival. Who that rival will naturally give them lesser quality engines. I guess Red Bull doesn't have a championship mentality anymore. What they want to do most probably is just marketing and be successful as is Williams of late. Or maybe they will stick with Mercedes till they find a solid exclusive engine manufacturer.

From 2007 to 2010, when Renault sold their own F1 team. Red Bull were a customer team buying engines from a rival.

Stormy
6th July 2015, 18:13
From 2007 to 2010, when Renault sold their own F1 team. Red Bull were a customer team buying engines from a rival.
Yeah but they were starting back then. They had no choice or maybe Renault told them that they will quit and be exclusive with them.
Or maybe Red Bull just started the project as a marketing platform back then, and maybe they want to be the same as back then now with Mercedes. Only a marketing platform.