PDA

View Full Version : Ferrari interested in Carlos Sainz?

ForzaFerrariGo!
7th July 2015, 17:39
Despite the strong interest of Ferrari against Valtteri Bottas and Nico Hulkenberg, the Scuderia from Maranello could tack on another type of profile to replace Kimi Raikkonen at the end of this season. According to a well-known Italian newspaper, in fact, Maurizio Arrivabene would be strongly interested in Carlos Sainz, the young Red Bull Driver Academy and current driver for the Scuderia Toro Rosso.With Sainz could also push the Banco Santadender to confirm its commitment to Ferrari beyond 2017.Would you be happy?

Stormy
7th July 2015, 18:38
Hahahhahah
Is there any driver we don't have an interest in?
I'm a huge skeptic about Sainz though, but if that brings a stable sponsorship...he can be of use as a second fiddle i guess...

mark p
7th July 2015, 22:54
Hahahhahah
Is there any driver we don't have an interest in?
I'm a huge skeptic about Sainz though, but if that brings a stable sponsorship...he can be of use as a second fiddle i guess...

No way that would be a huge change in how Ferrari do things. They might take him as a reserve driver like they did with Massa but otherwise they need to have experience. I think if anyone it will be from within so Vergne.

killer
8th July 2015, 01:06
They should be interested in a faster car.

Riccardog
8th July 2015, 07:33
They should be interested in a faster car.

sad how the forum and headlines are inundated with calls for Kimi to go...
I so would agree if Seb was winning every race and Kimi was nowhere near, but to see all the ecstasy over 3d place... sad days indeed!
Let Ferrari concentrate on getting a good car BEFORE screaming for drivers' blood!

Hornet
8th July 2015, 16:18
No way that would be a huge change in how Ferrari do things. They might take him as a reserve driver like they did with Massa but otherwise they need to have experience. I think if anyone it will be from within so Vergne.
Well, it's a different team this season. There's a completely different management now, so maybe they will do something new.

sad how the forum and headlines are inundated with calls for Kimi to go...
I so would agree if Seb was winning every race and Kimi was nowhere near, but to see all the ecstasy over 3d place... sad days indeed!
Let Ferrari concentrate on getting a good car BEFORE screaming for drivers' blood!

Kimi's contract is ending this season. It's only natural that people discuss about who Ferrari will select next season. Just because Kimi is here doesn't mean the team is obligated to automatically sign him up again until he retires. Ferrari have to look at what are the available options, which includes Kimi of course, but not exclusive to him. The team have to look at other talents too, look at what they plan to do with the second seat, and make the best decision.

wisepie
8th July 2015, 16:40
Why not look closer to home and give Davide Valsecchi or Raffaelle Marciello a try? We also have Vergne and Gutierrez on the books, all of them deserve a chance. But until we have the pace of the Mercedes, it's all academic. And Kimi can still surprise us, not always in the way we'd like, but I get the feeling that many tifosi have written him off in the same way as they did with Felipe. There's life in the older drivers yet.:roll

Brembo
8th July 2015, 17:34
Wisepie, I think your right on the money saying untill we have the "Car" pace with Merc, it's all academic. How can a younger driver outdo Kimi a WDC driver, in the same car he's blessed with now? It's hard to think of 34 yrs. old as write off age for a driver. Too old !:rotfl

superwonderboy
9th July 2015, 07:30
This hole situation about kimi is very ironic. If kimi finishes fourth in the drivers championship behind vettel, then i would say he has achieved his objective for the season, because realistically where else must he finish. Vettel obviously is a much younger driver. As long as vettel and kimi finish the season behind the mercs then i would say job well done, we are best of the rest. If any other constructor finishes ahead of vettel and kimi then yes i would consider replacing kimi, but for now let's support both our drivers as they both are doing their very best to please the team and their supporters......which is us the scuderia .

fratelliferrari
9th July 2015, 08:03
Why not look closer to home and give Davide Valsecchi or Raffaelle Marciello a try? We also have Vergne and Gutierrez on the books, all of them deserve a chance. But until we have the pace of the Mercedes, it's all academic. And Kimi can still surprise us, not always in the way we'd like, but I get the feeling that many tifosi have written him off in the same way as they did with Felipe. There's life in the older drivers yet.:roll

Wisepie, what about a certain former Ferrari driver? ;-)

mark p
9th July 2015, 12:50
This hole situation about kimi is very ironic. If kimi finishes fourth in the drivers championship behind vettel, then i would say he has achieved his objective for the season, because realistically where else must he finish. Vettel obviously is a much younger driver. As long as vettel and kimi finish the season behind the mercs then i would say job well done, we are best of the rest. If any other constructor finishes ahead of vettel and kimi then yes i would consider replacing kimi, but for now let's support both our drivers as they both are doing their very best to please the team and their supporters......which is us the scuderia .

The reason they might replace is even if Kimi finishes 4th which he should it is the manner in which it is achieved. If he scrapes it it maybe logical that with a championship car he would not use it to the maximum and potentially loose out to a driver in a not so good car. If he is well clear of 5th then thats fine. Its not whether he finishes 4th it's how he does it that is a pointer to the future when Ferrari may have the best car. Saying that he can still finish ahead of Vettel in the title as unlikely as that currently seems . Will only know at the end of the season so maybe Ferrari are better off not making any decisions until far later into the season?

wisepie
19th July 2015, 16:47
Ha ha fratelli, yes of course I'd be over the moon if a certain Brazilian was to be re-hired, but it's not going to happen. Our loss.:-E

ALO
19th July 2015, 17:26

I doubt Alonso would come back now he loves McLaren LOL

;-):lol

Ferrarichamp
20th July 2015, 09:12
Rubens is only 43 :-D

racingbradley
20th July 2015, 09:30
I too think we should look from within. :-)
JEV has proved he is quick as he outraced team mates at Toro just his face didn't fit for the Red Bull drive.:roll
Then there is Estaban who could help to boost sales in Latin America and again a driver with a bit of experience. :-)
Nothing against Sainz joining us in the future but maybe not now.
But Arrivabene is the boss. :-D

wisepie
20th July 2015, 16:49
Rubens is only 43 :-D

Ha ha, and Felipe is only 34!!!;-)

ferrari4life
20th July 2015, 17:19
has the ferrari fashion police investigated too see what he wears during his off time?

mirafiori
21st July 2015, 07:15
has the ferrari fashion police investigated too see what he wears during his off time?

I would of replied to your negative comment.:lou On this very sad day for Jules I best leave it.

ferrari4life
23rd July 2015, 16:57
I would of replied to your negative comment.:lou On this very sad day for Jules I best leave it.

how admirable of you.